Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

moms dead
Posted by: Curator ()
Date: September 21, 2011 04:04PM

tumor burst the blood vessel in her lung, she bled out and died in my arms before the paramedics got here, they still worked on her for over 20 minutes, but there was nothing they could do.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: moms dead
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 21, 2011 05:43PM

I'm sorry about your mom Curator. It is truly a hear-rending time in one's life to lose a parent.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 21, 2011 07:16PM

Thank you for being there for her. I know at times it was hard, for both of you, but I also know that it made an enormous difference for her to know how much she was loved in spite of differences and hardships and everything.

Hugs to you, you are a wonderful son <3.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 21, 2011 09:08PM

Sorry to hear that curator, my thoughts are with you.

Hugssmiling smiley.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 21, 2011 09:27PM

Oh no! I am so sorry at your loss, Curator. I don't know what your spiritual beliefs are but I believe your mom's suffering has ended and she is very happy right now. However, I understand the pain of those who remain and I wish you well.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: September 22, 2011 02:33AM

Curator....I, too, am sorry....not so much for your Mother,
but for you. I know you had a close relationship.
My mother and I are close. She is very health-minded, and walks
2-miles a day......WY

Posted by: veghunter ()
Date: September 22, 2011 03:25AM

Jeremy, I'm sorry you lost someone so dear to you. It must be very painful, but I'm glad that you were there for her in her life as well as her final moments. My heart goes out to you and your family.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 22, 2011 11:29AM

So very sorry hun , cherish the memories you made with her and thank you for taking care of her to the end she was very fortunate to have someone like you in her life

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 22, 2011 02:16PM

Please let us know how you are doing when you can . . . gentle hugs to you, my dear.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: September 22, 2011 02:37PM

I cant even imagine what that must be like.
To have the woman who raised you,fixed all those meals,cared for you,to die in your arms.
Its gotta be a pivotal spiritual experience for sure.

Vinny

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 23, 2011 12:52AM

Sorry to hear that. My partner and I watched his father die just over a year ago. That was really a life changing event. Of course it was sad, but at the same time it wasn't totally negative. I think it helped me value life better.

Posted by: brome ()
Date: September 25, 2011 05:54AM

Here's a beautiful, insightful poem on death:

On Death
Kahlil Gibran

You would know the secret of death.
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.

In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.

For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
And what is it to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?

Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.

Date: September 25, 2011 06:32AM

thanks everybody, sorry ive not been on till now to see your kind responses, we have had a lot to do over here lately, thankyou all for your kind words and support, i'll be back soon if i can.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 26, 2011 04:28AM

So sorry Curator. My mother is very sick now,and it has been so difficult for me.
It is so sad.
A wonderful friend of mine died in front of me 30 years ago,and last month I had a lucid dreaming with her.She was so beautiful,younger,and she came and hugged me with such love and happiness. That gave me a wonderful feeling and I believe that all of us will be in a better place with family and friends one day.

I really hope you are feeling your mother together with you,because I believe she is.

Date: October 02, 2011 12:35AM

thanks, i hope your mom gets better...

Funeral was fairly tough, i got extremely angry when a distant family member, who never even contacted my mother while she was sick, either the first time, or this time, came up and started talking about how much she loved my mom, then asked me and my siblings, less than a minute after placing my moms remains in the ground, if she could take a picture of us all together over my moms grave?! I dont know if my feelings on this are abnormal or something, but that just seemed really really insensitive at least, like she was some sort of sick funeral tourist... i dunno, it was just really weird...

Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: October 02, 2011 03:29PM

Curator,

It's natural to feel peculiarly attuned to people's energies right now, but please remember that any additional feelings of anger or hostility are not healing to you nor harmful to the other person, who, if it's possible, may have acted this way out of remorse at having been remiss toward your mother. Always consider: Is there malice intended in this? If no, is it wise to seethe over it? Feeling rage and resentment in bereavement typically cannot be avoided, but it is good to be mindful of this question just the same.

I have been where you are and offer this insight out of hard experience and affection for you. It is very difficult, at this time especially, to just let things pass without judgment, as the Buddhists advise, but that really is the best strategy; so much deeper emotion will surface in coming months, you must conserve your energies. Hugs to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables