Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I found this in the compost pile.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: September 27, 2011 07:35PM

Pretty frikken awesome, eh? We'll have some for Canadian Thanksgiving next weekend.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I found this in the compost pile.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 27, 2011 08:13PM

What compost pile? Where? Does "compost pile" mean something different in Canada? Like, "root cellar"? smiling smiley

Date: September 28, 2011 07:18PM

The horses are prolific, erm, fertilizer makers so there is more than one mountain of old crap and kitchen scraps out here on the land we're "farm sitting" and this one must have had squash seeds dumped in it last year because ta-da! A dozen lovely pepper squash just in time for a big family dinner. I'm pretty happy about the random edibles growing around here, lol.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 28, 2011 08:38PM

Still confused--I assumed some bobo had dumped a dozen perfectly good acorn squash in the compost pile out of lack of interest, knowledge of how to cook them, wastefulness, etc.

Date: September 29, 2011 02:50PM

They were in a corner of the property, in an old compost pile I didn't even know existed. My brother was out here helping me mow the endless grass and shovel and dump wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of horse doo and he showed it to me (and another pile that is literally twice my height!).
The mound is grown over with plant life, totally lush and wild but I recognized that squash vine and checked it out and hey, whadda ya know? Yum!
I made a big pot of soup (cooked) with all the veg in the fridge I don't want to move and added 2 roasted squash. So lovely.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 29, 2011 04:39PM

So it's not...gnarly or anything...? It just sounded like it was at the bottom of some moldering food scraps.

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: October 02, 2011 12:12AM

mmmmmmm, sounds goodsmiling smiley i love found squash, in my hometown I made a number of similar discoveries in the past, pumpkins too... I think it was from people throwing their Jack O' Lanterns out,lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Posted by: Curator ()
Date: October 02, 2011 12:12AM

mmmmmmm, sounds goodsmiling smiley i love found squash, in my hometown I made a number of similar discoveries in the past, pumpkins too... I think it was from people throwing their Jack O' Lanterns out,lol.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, mirror in the sky
What is love?
Can the child within my heart rise above?
Can I sail through the changing ocean tides?
Can I handle the seasons of my life?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables