Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9
Occupy Wallstreet!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 29, 2011 12:25PM

It's growing, folks!smiling smiley [occupytogether.org]

I am going this weekend!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Occupy Wallstreet!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 29, 2011 03:56PM

To the one in NY or a local one? Nothing going on here, and you would think there would be . . . Have fun and take names!

Date: September 29, 2011 08:10PM

Oh just the Chitown one! I would like to hear the general assembly speech tomorrow night around 7 pm. I think it's gonna be in Millennium Park...But au contraire, mon cheri regarding MI! Check it out: [occupytogether.org]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 29, 2011 08:32PM

Oh, awesome--thanks!

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 29, 2011 10:02PM

If it's the Anti-Capitalist, Class Warfare, Soak-the-Rich crowd, I'm not interested.

But if it's an Anti-War Protest, I would go.

Oh, that's right, this president killed the Anti-War Movement when he escalated the War in Afghanistan, and started the wars in Pakistan, Libya, and Yemen. He turned the anti-war crowd into Warmongers faster than the NeoCons could ever have dreamed of. That's the power of a pop-culture, cult of celebrity president.

Drones.

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 10:14PM by KidRaw.

Date: September 30, 2011 01:27PM

What exactly are they protesting on Wall Street or in your area, banana who?

Is one of the issues the loss of our Civil Liberties? If not, it should be, in my opinion.

[www.commondreams.org]

Date: September 30, 2011 02:34PM

I hope they're protesting this issue -

The Due-process-Free Assassination of U.S. Citizens is Now Reality

[www.salon.com]

And to clarify regarding "Capitalism" --

Capitalism = Good;

CRONY Capitalism = Bad

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

Now CORPORATISM is what the protesters really mean, but they're a tad confused --

[www.libertarianfaq.org]

A fine line between Corporatism and Fascism, which is what this administration has turned our country into -- now I wonder if the protesters are protesting our Fascist Government that has taken over and is regulating our private industry?

[www.libertarianfaq.org]

Probably not.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 02:47PM by KidRaw.

Date: September 30, 2011 03:02PM

This article clarifies Corporatism and Capitalism -

[mises.org]

Good article on Fascism -

[mises.org]

"The fascist state has always been an attempt to control private industry by means of inflation, taxation, and regulation. Fascism has always been a system of keeping the big boys alive and happy at the expense of the taxpayers. Of course, the faces change. The system was always one gigantic system of cartels, regulation, and fiat money. "

"There are fundamental economic differences between fascism/nazism and marxism. Arguably most importantly, whereas marxism seeks to establish a single monolithic company, often termed "the government", in which every member of society is an employee, fascism and nazism seek active government control over the production facilities of the area dominated, whilst nominal ownership of these facilities is retained by private persons. I.e. a person may nominally own a company, but it will be the government deciding what the company shall manufacture, what prices it shall charge, whom it may sell to, whom it may buy from, and what its profits (if any) shall be used for."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 03:06PM by KidRaw.

Date: September 30, 2011 06:28PM

Kidraw, they don't have a list of demands as of yet. I can tell you, from the little I have heard from some of them on progressive radio, etc. that they are NOT lockstep with the Democrats by any means. Are you a fan of Ron Paul? Today he supposedly denounced Obama's action as a violation of the 5th Ammmendment. This crowd is basically young people (with union workers like pilots, etc.) joining forces. I would wager that many of the young people like Ron Paul. He seems to spark interest in 20-somethings due to his anti-war and protectionist stances. Oh and pro-legalization, LOL.

Date: September 30, 2011 07:44PM

Update: Ron Paul's supporters will be at the Wallstreet location tomorrow!

Date: September 30, 2011 08:35PM

Yes, I'm a Ron Paul supporter, and one reason is his anti-war/non-interventionist stance. I have issues I agree with on both sides, like I'm a fiscal conservative, but I agree with the left on demonizing Big Pharma and supporting Alternative Health and other issues. It depends.

I don't understand "Wall Street", but I think it's as much or more in the pocket of Democrats as Republicans -

[www.realclearpolitics.com]

I think investing and the stock market are great. How else are you going to make money for your retirement than by investing in mutual funds, etc., in your 401K? So I'm not sure why they want to smash the bull and what their beef is with Wall Street. Unless it's the banker thing and again - Ron Paul does want to 'End the Fed' and was against the bank bailouts, etc.

I think both sides are at fault. One side might be good on the economy, but they'd bomb Iran the minute they got in office. The other side is bankrupting us, but they're supposed to be anti-war, but they're not. It's a conundrum.

I like this website for articles on the 'War on Terror' --

[original.antiwar.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 08:41PM by KidRaw.

Date: September 30, 2011 08:53PM

I totally agree with you that Obama appointed Goldman-Sachs people and I suspect that other Dems are also in on that whole thing. But Wallstreet and 401Ks? Hell to the no! Do you know what the tax rate for the wealthy was under Eisenhower? 91%!!! And under Nixon it was 70%! The period we look back on as affluent, where only one parent had to work and houses were affordable (along with college, etc.) is after WWII until the '70s. And the recession during the '70s was due to war costs coming home to roost.

In the '70s a saving account yielded as much as 5% interest. I don't think I am imagining being a kid and having a passbook account with that much interest. People SAVED. Saving is safe. Treasury bonds suck these days. "They" want us to get into speculation and it's a rigged game! You would probably be better off playing the horses. Also remember that we have been suckered by various entities like the banks and bogus loans. Look at all the people who were urged to buy houses with zero interest and are now under water. I can't imagine the angst of owing more than the house is worth! It should be illegal! And student loans may be the next shoe to drop. Talk about Ponzi schemes...

Date: September 30, 2011 09:11PM

We disagree on taxes - I think a flat tax is good and 'fair'. I don't see why 'the rich' should pay more taxes than anyone else.

And I think 'investing' or 'speculating' is fine if you do it right - like simply buy low and sell high and don't sell at a loss. Invest for when you need the money, like if you're near retirement, have most in bonds, but if you're young and time is on your side, the market is fine as long as you don't sell at a loss, like I just said. But I don't go for the complicated stuff like options, buying on margin, etc. that can mess you up.

Yes, the banks and loans messed us up with the housing crisis, but the government was complicit - like Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac, Barney Frank, etc.

Here's an article on the banks and bailouts -

[wsws.org]

And as for student loans - I sure hope somebody doesn't expect the taxpayers to bail out the students who have loans. If the colleges weren't in bed with the government, the colleges wouldn't raise their tuition rates as much as they do.

That's all my opinions. I'm anti-government.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2011 09:18PM by KidRaw.

Date: September 30, 2011 09:36PM

What I am saying about investing is that I believe the paradigm has shifted. Maybe at one time you could follow the typical advice by financial gurus like Suze Orman to invest in this and that but even she has backed off her former mantras. You have no guarantees whatsoever that the whole thing can't come crashing down and you're stuck with basically nothing. And if it ALL comes down, you can't just wait it out like before. This could totally be engineered and what are you gonna do? Call a lawyer? Of course, the same thing can be done by the banks. Even though they have FDIC they can still freeze accounts and you wouldn't have a leg to stand on. I would like to own an inexpensive small home in the country free and clear and off the grid. That way there is no mortgage and all I have to worry about is small property taxes and food bills.

Date: September 30, 2011 10:35PM

That would be wonderful, but then you'd have to own a car!

Here's you on your bike

Date: October 01, 2011 06:15PM

Banana who, let me know if you hear anyone protesting this administration for their six wars and the assassination of a US citizen abroad --

[www.youtube.com]

Also, just ran into this article -

[www.cbsnews.com]

It's sickening, if you ask me. Are we in the Twilight Zone?

Date: October 01, 2011 09:07PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> That would be wonderful, but then you'd have to
> own a car!
> [www.myemoticons.com]
> tation/car-4.gif
>
> Here's you on your bike
>
> [www.myemoticons.com]
> ike-riding.gif

LOL--that's cute! Actually today I went downtown but I couldn't find the protestors! I think they are camped out in front of the Board of Trade but I don't know the exact street where it is.

Date: October 01, 2011 09:11PM

Regarding protestors protesting the latest atrocity, yes I actually saw someone holding a sign in front of the train station that said "O'Bomba" and at first I thought it was a tea party person and he was from the Peace and Justice coalition and I have been to some of their meetings--uber liberal. I have written to the organization in the past that progressives cannot protest a Repubican doing something yet allow the same behavior from a Dem. It falls on some deaf ears but obviously not all of them thankfully.

Date: October 02, 2011 09:37PM

Nader, Ron Paul, Kucinich Speak to Occupy Wall Street

[www.youtube.com]

Here's Glen Greenwald on the Assassination of a US Citizen --

[www.democracynow.org]

Some hilarious interviews of the Occupy Wall Street DC protesters -

[www.prisonplanet.com]

Date: October 02, 2011 11:48PM

Comin' to Cananda! [www.theglobeandmail.com] smiling smiley

Date: October 04, 2011 07:52PM

Who are the Protesters Behind Occupy Wall Street–and What Do They Want?

[news.yahoo.com]

Wall Street Rallies Could be Left’s Tea Party

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Website For Voting On Demands (I like the word 'Goals' better than 'Demands') For Occupy Wall Street

[coupmedia.org]

Protests Against Wall Street Spread Across US

[online.wsj.com]

Date: October 05, 2011 11:24AM

This says it all -

The Day, Obama Joined; OCCUPY WALL STREET

[www.opednews.com]

Date: October 05, 2011 12:11PM

Regarding the Unconstitutional Assassination of a US Citizen --

[www.downsizedc.org]

[www.downsizedc.org]

Are they protesting this Administration's 6 Wars yet?

Date: October 06, 2011 08:55PM

Good insight --

Occupy Wall Street: Days Of Rage, Hours Of Opportunism

[www.eurasiareview.com]

Occupy Wall Street: A Manifesto

[reason.com]

A Letter to the New York City Protesters

[campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com]

‘Occupy Wall Street’ Tax Proposal Is Backed By Wall Street Itself
The “Buffett tax rule” promoted by Occupy Wall Street is exactly what the Wall Street-owned Obama administration wants

[www.globalresearch.ca]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2011 09:07PM by KidRaw.

Date: October 06, 2011 09:33PM

Would someone get a message to the kids that the head of the snake is the Government --

[endoftheamericandream.com]

[www.globalresearch.ca]

But these kids love this administration. It's a conundrum.

Date: October 11, 2011 12:32PM

Here's a compilation of articles about Occupy Wall Street from one of my favorite Libertarian Websites --

This is a good one that explains one area where the protesters are misguided -

10/01/11 - Blaming Wall Street Is Wrong

[www.thedailybell.com]

The Blame Wall Street meme is back. A popular movement called Occupy Wall Street is attracting attention by protesting in and around the US financial district. In this ...

Washington Post: Occupy Wall Street Is Controlled Opposition
Tuesday, October 11, 2011

[www.thedailybell.com]

10/10/11 - Occupy Wall Street – Libya, Adbusters and Should Libertarians Get Out Now?

[www.thedailybell.com]

Occupy Wall Street is not what is seems, or what the mainstream media is portraying it as. Occupy Wall Street is a pincer movement utilizing "directed democracy" and the ...

10/08/11 - Hope for Occupy Wall Street?

[www.thedailybell.com]

It is interesting to watch the expansion of the Occupy Wall Street movement. As I wrote last week, I hoped it would provide an opportunity to for people to proclaim clearly that ...

10/07/11 - Evil Occupies Wall Street?

[www.thedailybell.com]

Today, we hear the heavy tread of the "rough beast" and we see for ourselves the progress of a cold-blooded anti-freedom movement rising in front of our disbelieving eyes. What ...

10/07/11 - Occupy Wall Street: The Coordinated Promotion Continues

[www.thedailybell.com]

The orchestrated "one world" promotion continues. It started in earnest, perhaps, 100 years ago with the creation of central banks and the graduated income tax, was militarized ...

10/06/11 - Occupy Wall Street Turns Into 1930s Populism

[www.thedailybell.com]

It must have been intensely frustrating for the powers-that-be over the past few years to witness the explosion of free-market thinking that accompanies the unrolling financial ...

10/05/11 - Last Gasp Transparency Meme to Salvage Big Gov [& OWS Protests?]

[www.thedailybell.com]

There is a specter haunting libertarian reformers ... the specter of transparency! It is not necessary to downsize big government after all. Leviathan lives! If you simply ...

10/05/11 - Occupy Wall Street – Oh No!

[www.thedailybell.com]

With increasing fervor, the "first official document" of the Occupy Wall Street protests has been circulated and posted. It was actually adopted on Sept. 29th but is now being ...

10/04/11 - Don't Look to Government to Address Grievances

Does the current, expanding American protest movement "Occupy Wall Street" have specific demands? It doesn't seem so. In fact, Occupy Wall Street organizers (whoever they are) ...

[www.thedailybell.com]

10/04/11 - Wall Street – Off With Their Heads

[www.thedailybell.com]

There will be blood? During the French Revolution, the authority of the State was used to power the guillotine; CNN is happy to advance that same proposition in our view. Of ..

10/03/11 - Daily Bell Helps Blow Up Wall Street Protest

[www.thedailybell.com]

Has Internet alternative news come of age? Is the Internet Reformation gathering power like a gale force wind? Just as it was during the era of the Gutenberg Press 500 years ...

10/03/11 - Breathing Life Into Phony Wall Street Meme

[www.thedailybell.com]

This article by Robert Kuttner, co-founder and co-editor of The American Prospect, is a perfect example of the way the Occupy Wall Street meme was supposed to play out. The ...

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: October 12, 2011 11:58AM

Berlin Wall yesterday, Wall St.Today! Go people
PEACE TO THE COTTAGES
War ON THE CASTLES.
Wall st. is cancer time for federal court for our investors.
I remember that dead end road well, they bought us Viet Nam and many other
bogus wars.
dismantle now!

Date: October 12, 2011 06:50PM

Two excellent articles that the Protesters would do well to read --

What Radicalism?

[mises.org]

Wall Street's Gullible Occupiers

The protesters have been sold a bill of goods. Reckless government policies, not private greed, brought about the housing bubble and resulting financial crisis.

[online.wsj.com]

Date: October 12, 2011 06:53PM

Curious if our Cannucks like Coco have heard about and/or participated in one of these...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 12, 2011 09:19PM

R U Kidding? Every major city and quite a few minor ones are participating. Believe me, this is a huge issue all over the place. Most of us are also the 99% and we stand with you.

Pages: 123456789Next
Current Page: 1 of 9

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables