Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

There is a move afoot to change how we feed ourselves.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 08, 2012 04:30PM

Galen Weston, the owner of Loblaws just stated that farmers markets will one day kill someone with their food and that we need factory farms. Need another reason to stop shopping there?

[www.facebook.com]

Read the comments, there's some good insight there. Quotes, frightening stuff.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: There is a move afoot to change how we feed ourselves.
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 08, 2012 05:35PM

Couldnt read it because I dont belong to facebook.
Sounds preposterous to me.
I do at least half of my shopping at farmers markets.
Im still here.
Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2012 05:36PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 08, 2012 07:03PM

" this statement was reported over Twitter from today's Canada Food Conference in Toronto. I don't know if his speech was webcast or recorded but no one seems to be reporting that he was misquoted.."

" I was there and that is exactly what Galen said. he also said government needs to get out of the way and let the food industry do its business."

"To add insult to injury, here's what the World Wildlife Fund of Canada tweeted about Mr. Weston's speech: "Visionary speech by Galen Weston at #FS2012 on sustainable food strategy. Long term solutions, thinking in generations not quarters" "

"The grey haired white men in their black suits who control most of the processing, packaging and distribution of food in Canada are giving us their vision of food policy. And it's not pretty folks. McCain: "We have a responsibility to feed the 9 billion people who will be on this planet by 2020" . Weston: "The middle class in China and India is growing - they want our food and they will pay a good price for it" . "Get used to high prices - that's just the way it is". McCain: "We need to get bigger to meet increasing demand, and to remain competitive". (McCain talked about closing down several older plants to open three mega plants - including one 50,000 square foot pork production plant. On the side someone commented 6000 Canadians lost their jobs). McCain: "Supply management is a problem - it's getting in the way" . McCain: "Innovation" (ie. technology and new nutrient modified foods ) and "high food safety standards" (ie. hiring more inspectors and providing more public education about washing our hands) will solve wrinkles with existing industrial system (ummm..an obesity epidemic and food borne illness to name a few). Weston" The government needs to get out of our way and let industry do its business. .....nauseating."

[www.thestar.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 08, 2012 07:11PM

When did our Von Misesers migrate up past the 49th Parallel? [sigh]

Fight these people, honey--they and their kind are a Pandora's Box of miseries, which, once loosed, cannot be contained again sad smiley

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: February 12, 2012 12:26AM

Do bananas really give you unnaturally long life? It seems kind of an absurd thought.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables