Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Executive Order to Take Over the Internet
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 07, 2012 04:12PM

White House Circulating Draft of Executive Order on Cybersecurity

[thehill.com]

The Executive Orders sure come in handy to impose their will on the people - Regulating the Internet

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Executive Order to Take Over the Internet
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 07, 2012 04:59PM

Is there such a thing as a "ham" Internet? Or could there be?

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: September 07, 2012 05:20PM

Good News!!!

Web inventor warns governments: Internet has no off switch
By Agence France-Presse
Wednesday, September 5, 2012 18:27 EDT
[www.rawstory.com]

Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: September 07, 2012 09:11PM

bannana
I dont think there is a ham internet but there is a ham network. It takes a license to broadcast on ham. Boot legers can be found very easy by triangulation. I would have gone ham in the days just prior to the net but the morse code requirements were a draw back. I dont know what the fines are. But if it becomes ilegal to have a garden.........bang. I have heard there is an alterantive net going now but thats all I know. Dont rely on grid power for anything.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 08, 2012 03:57PM

B2E: I don't remember--are you totally off the grid? THIS is what we should be focusing on, not the clown shows until Nov.! I am so tired of people making this a political thing--it doesn't matter which party you vote for--they are BOTH doing it to us! That garden bill was co-sponsored by my DEM so-called liberal senator so do not be fooled, fellow progressives!

And then there's the label of 'paranoia.' In my suburban neighborhood, we have seen multiple power outages in the last few years. I am sure the wiring is ancient and that is part of the problem but the storms have grown in intensity (the winds are bizarre and I have lived in the area my entire 46 years). So when you lose power, you realize who's pulling the strings. This is an affluent area and so there are houses with generators. As a renter, we must rely on flashlights, rechargeable radio, batteries, and candles. I would love to live with the confidence that no one can "pull the plug" on me at any time.

We also have to view this in the context of electronic transactions. I now think that the move to debit cards, LINK cards (food stamp cards), FEMA Visa cards, etc. are highly problematic. At any time, a "glitch" could render our assets frozen or even "disappeared." Then what? Having a house which may be very modest but owned by us, growing our own food and knowing neighbors with other items available that they are growing, seems the only sensible thing to focus on...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2012 03:57PM by banana who.

Date: October 15, 2012 01:56PM

veganjuice, that is the most adorable smiley I ever saw smiling smiley

Well, I always figured we all are a bit paranoid about the 'takeover of the internet' or even censoring and controlling the internet by the government; that it's not a partisan issue because both sides would just love to control the information we receive about the shenanigans they're up to. And I admit I'm addicted to the internet, so the idea of not having free reign online is right up there with the government controlling my food, water, air, etc.

Date: October 15, 2012 02:17PM

riverhousebill - I love that Dalai Lama quote!

The Dalai Lama, when asked what surprised him most about humanity, he said:

“Man.
Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
he lives as if he is never going to die, and then dies having never really lived.”

Except I'm not sure I agree with "He sacrifices his health in order to make money."

Unless it's if you have a job where you work with chemicals, loud noise, toxic smells. Most people I know work because they like to work or to provide for themselves and/or their family. I was thinking of going back to work just for the fun of it. My husband enjoys his work (computer related). Not everybody doesn't like to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2012 02:20PM by KidRaw.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables