Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Lurkers welcome!
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 28, 2013 09:59PM

Coco, I just feel that men are part of the equation when it comes to making a child. I realize that in the past (and in some places still happening) women were under the control of men but in this day and age, I think that we cannot gloss over the man's rights when it comes to the life of a child.

I don't think abortion is murder (which implies malice) but I find it a bit offensive that it is passed off as a "woman's choice." Now there are "choices" on whether or not parents want a child with Downs syndrome. Do you agree with aborting children with it?

Forms of birth control that are similar to abortion would be likewise opposed by those who oppose abortion. The Morning After pill was opposed by companies who resent being forced by the government (under the new healthcare initiative) to fund them for employees.

Options: ReplyQuote
Date: February 28, 2013 10:03PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm gonna have to say that "against abortion"
> would be a hard one for me to admit to unless it
> was in the context of my own body, then I feel
> qualified to be for or against it. When it comes
> to another person's choice, well, that just isn't
> any of my business. Where do people get off
> thinking that it is? Seems the very opposite of
> less govt, less regulation and monitoring of
> personal choice to me. I mean, I couldn't support
> parents doing whatever they feel like to their
> children without some sort of community
> moderating, I'd certainly interfere if a neighbour
> was being abused, etc. But a woman's right to
> choose in that regard is just not up for debate in
> my opinion.
>
> Here's a little image that illustrates my feeling
> on this point.
> [24.media.tumblr.com]
> ho1_500.jpg

Coco, it's possible to be against abortion and yet not march holding fetuses in jars in Washington, DC. But I guess I am against spreading the meme that it's just a woman's "choice." That seems pretty dry and for some women, it's far from what ends up happening. Some women have abortions due to feeling that they have no real options and then afterwards, regret doing it. So what I wish we could say is that abortion is up to the individual AND her partner (remember the sperminator in all this?) to decide how to proceed. Maybe the woman has the final say since it's her body, but cutting out the man totally seems really ignorant and deceptive. I also wish that people having sex would be more careful so they don't have to even consider this scenario.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2013 10:04PM by banana who.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: March 02, 2013 05:34PM

Thank you for recognizing that men have feelings. Because the woman has to carry the baby, it should be her final decision. Still, a good, loving man should be included in the process, and not just to pay the bill.

banana who Wrote:
> Coco, I just feel that men are part of the
> equation when it comes to making a child. I
> realize that in the past (and in some places still
> happening) women were under the control of men but
> in this day and age, I think that we cannot gloss
> over the man's rights when it comes to the life of
> a child.
>
> I don't think abortion is murder (which implies
> malice) but I find it a bit offensive that it is
> passed off as a "woman's choice." Now there are
> "choices" on whether or not parents want a child
> with Downs syndrome. Do you agree with aborting
> children with it?
>
> Forms of birth control that are similar to
> abortion would be likewise opposed by those who
> oppose abortion. The Morning After pill was
> opposed by companies who resent being forced by
> the government (under the new healthcare
> initiative) to fund them for employees.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 06, 2013 09:41PM

HH Wrote:
> Thank you for recognizing that men have feelings.
> Because the woman has to carry the baby, it should
> be her final decision. Still, a good, loving man
> should be included in the process, and not just to
> pay the bill.

smiling smiley

That's a lovely sentiment. It would be ideal if this were so in more cases. It would also be preferable that society at large be more supportive of families in all their incarnations. As a single mom I can say that in general I have not found this to be so. If we as a society were more culturally inclined to kindness and support when it comes to the issues of raising children it would certainly be an easier decision to continue on with every pregnancy. As it is, this is the hardest job I've ever had without exception. Thank goodness for close friends and family or I personally would have had a very hard time of this indeed!

Posted by: HH ()
Date: March 07, 2013 09:47PM

The men's rights movement has been gaining a lot of momentum lately. One of the main points of its agenda is to work for the reformation of custody and child support laws to the point where they reflect true equality. I fully agree with this. A lot of good men are getting left in the cold (literally and figuratively) no matter the circumstances of their divorce. For example, people automatically think that the high incidence of suicide among military veterans is strictly a result of combat induced PTSD. This is not true. The percentage of soldiers and good husbands/fathers who come home from war to wives who ask for divorce is very high. Not only does this leave them with no family home, they also get hit with massive support payments that they often can't afford. That's at least one reason why men commit suicide at 4 times the rate of women while comprising something like 80% of the homeless population. According to some laws, divorce with mutual consent or divorce at the wife's behest is grounds to completely ruin a man and isolate him from his children.

I tend to respect any woman who is sensitive to men and wishes for a truly equal world among everyone. We unfortunately don't have that right now and some men are suffering.

Date: March 08, 2013 01:13AM

LOL- ironically, the "lurkers" are most likely longterm memebers winking smiley The newbies seem to have no qualms posting here...

Date: March 08, 2013 01:13AM

LOL- ironically, the "lurkers" are most likely longterm memebers winking smiley The newbies seem to have no qualms posting here...

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables