Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Happy Father's Day!
Posted by: HH ()
Date: June 16, 2013 03:04PM

To all the great fathers out there. I can't even magine what I would have done without my father around. Hopefully someday soon the bias against fathers in custody issues will end. You want equality? Make it for everyone.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Happy Father's Day!
Date: June 16, 2013 03:08PM

"...the view that men are superfluous in today’s families is dead wrong."

[www.nytimes.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 16, 2013 09:20PM

My daughter got a cute card with Father Jokes on it for my husband -

How many Dads does it take to change a light bulb?

A. Just one, but he wouldn't have to if people wouldn't leave them on all the time..Dads don't own the electric company, y'know!

How can you tell if a Dad has been in your refrigerator?

A. Basically just look to see if the beer is all gone.

Why did the Dad cross the road?

A. Because he's The Dad, that's why.

What did the Dad Buffalo say to the Young Buffalo when he went off to school?

A. "Bison"

Why do Dads wear underwear with holes in them?

A. So they can put their legs through them.

Regarding the first article - it looks like the "The Government" was trying to broaden their definition of 'sexual harrassment', but they got called out -

Feds Backpedal on Definition of Sexual Harassment for Campuses

[dailycaller.com]

"Earlier this month, the Departments of Justice and Education issued a memo to the University of Montana advising the university to alter its sexual harassment reporting and response policies. Administrators were told to consider “any unwelcome sexual conduct” as evidence of sexual harassment, even if the conduct is not severe, pervasive or objectively offensive.

Some free speech advocates, worried that the new memo would abridge the First Amendment rights of students and professors, asked the government to further clarify its new definition. But an email response from the Office of Civil Rights at the Department of Education only added to the confusion by claiming that sexual harassment is not illegal unless it also creates a hostile work environment."

[www.insidehighered.com]

"OCR's insistence that colleges require a lower standard of evidence in adjudicating cases than "beyond a reasonable doubt," which some institutions had used previously, is one particularly controversial decree. OCR mandates a "more likely than not" standard -- in other words, a panel need only be 50.1 percent sure a crime was committed in order to punish a perpetrator. Another point of contention is OCR's saying a college can take action against an alleged perpetrator before hearing his side of the story."

[freebeacon.com]

"As previously reported, FIRE claimed the new guidelines would make nearly every student a sexual harasser. The new mandate would make flirting, sexual jokes, and even many debates, presentations, and other expressions on campus fall under the expanded definition of sexual harassment."

Regarding the second article - one good advantage of a child having both a father and a mother is to provide balance - if one spouse is too lenient, the other - probably the father - can be stern, the parent who 'puts his foot down' and keeps the child in check - children need guidelines. In my family, I'm too lenient and my husband is too strict, so that's probably the worst of both worlds sad smiley

Date: June 17, 2013 12:04AM

There is the traditional role of the father to consider. It was the same in my house. Lenient mom, strict dad, but dad was still fun and lenient himself. It seemed to strike a pretty nice balance. Beyond all that, I just happen to think that kids really love their fathers and are better off with them. IMO, one of the great errors of radical feminism is that fathers are unnecessary to the child-rearing process. I call BS, and not only do I call BS, that's the sort of discrimination which galls me. Men are half the world. Little girls learn to interract with men by being around their fathers. Boys learn how to be men from being around men, especially fathers. A lot of kids turn out fine minus one parent, but imagine how great they would be if they had had both. Men commit suicide at 4 times the rate of women in the US. That's bad news. The constant demonization is starting to take a toll. Time to take let off the gas on the man hating. Thank God for the loving women out there who can see beyond the endless propaganda and understand that most men, like most women, are good people with actual souls and the full-range of human emotions. Too bad nearly all of them sit back and accept alimony and custody laws that are markedly in their favor while nary uttering a peep about that sort of inequality.

Not long ago some men got together to discuss the high rate of suicide amongst men and other problems that men face today. This is what happened. [www.youtube.com] Apparently, it's sexist against women when men get together and talk about being men. By the way, the accusations that the protestors level against the keynote speaker are patently false by virtue of being taken out of context.

Date: June 17, 2013 12:31AM

Another thing -

For those whose mother or father are still alive - you may want to write them a letter telling them thank you for everything they did for you in your childhood and other stuff. A few years before he died, I wrote a letter to mine saying how I appreciated how hard he worked and how it wasn't easy providing for all of us 5 kids in those difficult times, etc. After he died, my mother told me how that letter had made him so happy. Unfortunately, growing up, my mother was a horror, so I never wrote her a letter. sad smiley I mean, you don't need to lie or be hypocritical; just write about the good stuff.

Date: June 18, 2013 01:28PM

[www.guardian.co.uk]

Whatever happened to dignified male role models in popular culture? I do agree with him bringing this up and that it is an issue, but I find his summation that all men have the cultural back-lash coming to be ridiculous. The vast majority of men are good and have had to pay reparations for the minority of men who quite frankly need help and compassion, not a persistent, never ending punishment.

Date: June 19, 2013 01:55AM

Examining a double standard in pop culture, public reaction, and real life: [www.theatlantic.com]

Date: June 22, 2013 12:46AM

I just listened to Mark Levin interviewing Helen Smith. She wrote the book, Men on Strike: Why Men Are Boycotting Marriage, Fatherhood, and the American Dream - and Why It Matters

[www.amazon.com]

I'll post the link to the interview later when it's available. But I took notes while I listened. Some of what she said was --

Men went from being the king of the castle to the guy in the dungeon.

What we used to have in the 19th and 20th century was coverture, legal rights in men's hands, now legal right are held in women's hands - 40% of women are the breadwinners.

Women have privileges and men have responsibility.

She's a psychologist and worked with men for 20 years and runs a men's rights blog -

She asks men how they feel about fraternity fraud. Men feel angry at the mother and state that forced them to pay for a child that wasn't theirs. Society is about what women want and what women need. We've excluded the men's voices. There are alot of men on the sidelines, men are expendable. Liberal media talks about men as not important, that it's the end of men, about the decline of men.

Men are not even in the workforce as often - they're turning toward leisure activities. Women now - especially lower economical class women - can use the state to get money through welfare, housing, food stamps, free health care - they don't need a man. Higher level women can't find a man because men aren't going to college anymore - 60 percent of college graduates are women.

College is a finishing school for women now.

People aren't aware of the problem. most people don't think about what's happening. The book is geared toward men - to educate yourself. The last chapter is about what you can do -

Stop letting women control dialogue on gender. Men need to have their voice heard. Families without fathers and a strong role model is a detriment to society. The men are more likely to be incarcerated, etc., - need to fix this to have a more balanced approach.

Pew Research studies - men who are 30 to 50 who were never married - 20 percent don't want to get married. But with women - only 8 percent don't want to get married. Years ago more men wanted to get married.

Date: June 22, 2013 10:46AM

-More women are graduating from college but they're not doing that great in engineering and the sciences. Their presence in college will increase their economic power, but are they really accessing the brass ring?

-Men have always been dispensible and the notion of male privilege is a myth. Nothing says that you're a second-class citizen more than forcibly getting drafted to go fight a war and then getting rewarded (if you survive) with a job in a coal mine, steel-mill, or factory back home. Men who have historically followed that path are now getting blamed and paying reparations as a consequence of being "privileged" enough to get shot at and then acquire black-lung disease. This blaming is what is known as apex fallacy. Apex fallacy occurs when the unprivileged and exploited many get blamed for the bad behavior of the elite few who they happen to share an anatomical feature with.

-Men have traditionally comprised the vast, sickening majority of workplace deaths. In 1995, they represented 90% of workplace deaths. Male privilege? Come again? [articles.latimes.com]

-Women are not unsusceptible to the rise of androids in the workplace. If they believe that their feminine wiles are going to keep them employed when they could easily be replaced by an efficient machine that costs $20K, well, better think again.

-Women's rights have landed them a lot of labor drudgery. Is it really that great? My significant other works 60 hours a week crunching numbers in an office in front of a computer. I get to farm, paint, play guitar, read, write, run, walk, lift weights, and surf the web. In other words, I get to be a healthy, creative renaissance man while she toils as a cog in the machine. Sometimes I look at what women got for all their marching, bra burning, and sexual harassment claims and feel like the joke's on them.

-If things are going so great for women, why is their use of psychiatric drugs disproportionately higher than men's use of psychiatric drugs? Women take anti-anxiety meds at twice the rate of men. One in 4 women take antidepressants. [www.huffingtonpost.com]

-Dutch women have been called the happiest in the world. Dutch women don't work a lot. [www.economist.com]

-If this horrible plight of marginalization is really befalling men, they need to look at themselves alongside their being duped by the myth of male-privilege. I have yet to meet a healthy, hard-working, intelligent, polite, charming, and honest man who can't make his way in this world. Expecting the American dream when you're overweight, selfish, sleazy, and only interested in yourself and sports will not get you a whole lot. Men need to take care of themselves and up their game in order to maintain viability. They should see and act upon their workplace marginalization as an opportunity to be modern da Vincis. Sulking and drinking beer is useless. Getting freed from being a wage-slave is a good thing.

-IMO, the system is marginalizing men because men are traditionally more likely to cause trouble in the name of worker's rights. This also creates another division in our society. We're divided racially and now we're divided by gender. The attempt is to break apart one of our greatest strengths, the family.

-Thank God for cool and strong women who never bought into any of the "hate men" scam. Despite what you see in academia and the media, the vast majority of women actually love men and are on the side of true equality. They know who the real enemy is, and it's certainly not the guys who have been breaking their backs for centuries to help take care of their families.

Date: June 22, 2013 08:07PM

Finally, a real answer to our nation's gender problems. [www.dailymail.co.uk]

Just kidding!

Date: June 24, 2013 01:19AM

I grew up getting hit - it hurts sad smiley

I'm just reading this article, which sounds sort of good, but maybe these people are pushing too hard in the other direction -

"As her kids grew up, Hornbeck says that the family homed in on racism, classism, homophobia and sexism. "All of my kids are white males, and at one point, my oldest son asked if everything that is wrong in the world is the fault of white men. We then talked about the fact that many white men have caused a great deal of harm to others and emphasized that they have a role to play in repairing the damage. At the same time, we made it clear that they are not, themselves, to blame for all the world's evils." "

Eight Families Share Stories of Raising Feminist Children

[www.truth-out.org]

Date: July 01, 2013 04:40PM

Of the 83 firefighters who died on duty in 2011, 82 were men. Of course, all 19 who recently died in Arizona were men. Needing more affirmative action and equality in these numbers. [www.usfa.fema.gov]

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: July 01, 2013 08:24PM

[www.naturalnews.com]
Clorox hate-speech ad smears fathers as clueless dogs; boycott Burt's Bees products
Monday, July 01, 2013
by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger
Editor of NaturalNews.com

(NaturalNews) Have you had enough yet of the dad bashing frequently seen in the media? According to sitcoms and TV commercials, men are complete idiots who wouldn't even know how to put their own underwear on straight if it weren't for their wives telling them how to do things.

Clorox jumped on the man-bashing bandwagon this week with an online advertising campaign so highly offensive that if it had targeted blacks instead of dads, it would have been called the most extreme example of corporate racism ever witnessed.

[www.naturalnews.com]

Peace and Love..........John

Date: July 02, 2013 02:37AM

I just saw the 'ad' they were talking about. It's an online article and I think it's just tongue in cheek. Now I'm wondering if they're going to take this 'man-bashing' issue to the nth degree of political correctness and find anything and everything offense that is even remotely critical of men or a man or even any statement made in jest - like they do with everything - they chew on it like a dog with a bone. Overkill. They'll be the 'man-bashing' thought police.

[webcache.googleusercontent.com]

Are they now going to rip Clorox apart because of this one article that someone wrote who was trying to be funny. Next thing we know, they won't be able to make comedies that portray men in any negative light at all. Another chance for the Political Correctness Police to run amok and use their character assassin skills.

I call BS.

Plus, Natural News, like Alex Jones, has a tendency to twist things a tiny bit and them blow them up out of proportion sometimes, I've noticed.

Date: July 02, 2013 03:17AM

Mike Adams and Alex Jones are both part of the Controlled Opposition so we always have to be aware of their hidden agenda.

Remember, they will tell you 100 facts that are true just to get you to believe the one lie that is crucial to them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2013 03:18AM by John Rose.

Date: July 02, 2013 04:46AM

I've never seen a man protest the portrayals of men so much as they protest the double standards. Asking why it's okay to relentlessly portray (white) males in a certain way while it's completely taboo to portray anyone else in the same way is a fair question that continues to go unanswered by those who take part in it. The male attitude is, "Don't tell me to have a sense of humor about myself (something I'll gladly do) when you can't have a sense of humor about yourself in the same way" instead of "Boo hoo you hurt my feelings because you made fun of me and I'm an overly sensitive baby who leverages that over-sensitivity until I start getting things for free and you're afraid to even speak around me." The former is a legit beef while the latter is a tactic that defines the "oppressed" American con-artist who doesn't want equality so much as she wants superiority in the eyes of the system.

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just saw the 'ad' they were talking about. It's
> an online article and I think it's just tongue in
> cheek. Now I'm wondering if they're going to take
> this 'man-bashing' issue to the nth degree of
> political correctness and find anything and
> everything offense that is even remotely critical
> of men or a man or even any statement made in jest
> - like they do with everything - they chew on it
> like a dog with a bone. Overkill. They'll be the
> 'man-bashing' thought police.
>
> [webcache.googleusercontent.com]
> he:940dBrdwSyEJ:www.clorox.com/cleaning-and-laundr
> y-tips/articles/6-mistakes-new-dads-make/+&cd=1&hl
> =en&ct=clnk&gl=us
>
> Are they now going to rip Clorox apart because of
> this one article that someone wrote who was trying
> to be funny. Next thing we know, they won't be
> able to make comedies that portray men in any
> negative light at all. Another chance for the
> Political Correctness Police to run amok and use
> their character assassin skills.
>
> I call BS.
>
> Plus, Natural News, like Alex Jones, has a
> tendency to twist things a tiny bit and them blow
> them up out of proportion sometimes, I've noticed.

Date: July 02, 2013 04:28PM

I get your point, HH. How about blondes - they're still fair game.

When I said "they" in my post, by 'they', I didn't mean Natural News/Mike Adams, I meant 'they' are the Political Correctness police, those who are always looking to divide us into groups - the race baiters, those who are obsessed with the 99% vs. 1%, the wealth envy crowd, etc., who are always looking for an infraction of insensitivity so they can seize the opportunity to impinge the character of the perpetrator - that's how they get their jollies.

I think man-bashing has been around for a while now, but the issue is now coming to light and being taken seriously, as not politically correct, and insensitive. Maybe next it'll be "Old White Men" - that's what my husband has a problem with because that's him.

Date: July 04, 2013 02:58PM

The man bashing issue is now being taken seriously because it's coinciding with some serious issues among men. You know that I agree about the PC police thing. My thing is more about pointing out that inhumane radical feminism is something that men need to look out for since it's gained a damaging foothold in mainstream society. Most men are equality minded, but they need to be wary of people who use the pursuit of equality to oppress aka create inequality. I remember a time when women protested because men had men's only health clubs. Those are now taboo and would probably be subject to lawsuits if someone tried to open one. Yet, within one mile of my home there are two female only health clubs. Why are men not allowed to be alone together and be men?

KidRaw Wrote:
> I get your point, HH. How about blondes - they're
> still fair game.
>
> When I said "they" in my post, by 'they', I didn't
> mean Natural News/Mike Adams, I meant 'they' are
> the Political Correctness police, those who are
> always looking to divide us into groups - the race
> baiters, those who are obsessed with the 99% vs.
> 1%, the wealth envy crowd, etc., who are always
> looking for an infraction of insensitivity so they
> can seize the opportunity to impinge the character
> of the perpetrator - that's how they get their
> jollies.
>
> I think man-bashing has been around for a while
> now, but the issue is now coming to light and
> being taken seriously, as not politically correct,
> and insensitive. Maybe next it'll be "Old White
> Men" - that's what my husband has a problem with
> because that's him.

Date: July 04, 2013 03:36PM

Here are some very interesting Videos and Articles from my file on Feminism followed by my File Previews...

[www.youtube.com]
Feminism Was Created To Destabilize Society
3:13 Minute Video

[www.prisonplanet.com]
Rockefeller Admitted Elite Goal Of Microchipped Population

[www.prisonplanet.com]
Russo: Rockefeller Admitted Women's Lib Agenda
1:22:28 Minute Video

[www.rense.com]
How The Rockefellers Re-Engineered Women

[www.happierabroad.com]
The Alex Jones Show: Feminism Destroying Families
15:01 Minute Video

[henrymakow.com]
Rosa Parks - Proof Communists Run America
February 15, 2013

=====================================================================
…The Best of the File Preview…
While these movements rectified many genuine injustices, their hidden purpose is to destabilize and undermine American society.
Social change doesn't take place in the USA unless the central bankers and their media assets sponsor it. Their long-term plan for world dictatorship is disguised as a spontaneous grassroots revolt.
…End of the Best of the File Preview…
…File Preview…
• Aaron Russo Explains What Rockefeller Revealed

Rockefeller Admitted Elite Goal Of Microchipped Population
• Hollywood director Russo goes in-depth for first time on the astounding admissions of Nick Rockefeller, including his prediction of 9/11 and the war on terror hoax, the Rockefeller's creation of women's lib, and the elite's ultimate plan for world population reduction and a microchipped society.

Russo: Rockefeller Admitted Women's Lib Agenda
• Russo recalls his conversation with one of the Rockefellers, who told him that they created and financed the women's lib movement so they could tax another half of the population and so that the children would be trained by them in government schools rather than in the context of the family unit.

How The Rockefellers Re-Engineered Women
• People do not realize that feminism is mass indoctrination because they cannot identify the perpetrator, the means or the motive.
• While trying to recruit Russo for the CFR, Nicholas Rockefeller told him that his family foundation created women's liberation using mass media control as part of a long-term plan to enslave humanity. He admitted they want to "chip us." Google "Rockefeller Foundation" and "Women's Studies" and you'll get a half million citations.
• The hidden goal of feminism is to destroy the family, which interferes with state brainwashing of the young. Side benefits include depopulation and widening the tax base. Displacing men in the role of providers also destabilizes the family.

The Alex Jones Show: Feminism Destroying Families
• Skip up to the 11:00 minute marker to hear Alex discuss how feminism is destroying families.
• The greatest trick was convincing women that working for the man is truly freedom, while working towards the health of their own families is slavery. What kind of backwards f--ked logic is that? Yet most American women think of pre-1970s housewifery as tantamount to picking cotton during the slavery era.

Rosa Parks - Proof Communists Run America
• The portrayal of Rosa Parks as an ordinary citizen triggered my alarm bell. Betty Friedan, the "founder" of feminism and longtime Communist activist was also depicted as an average mother and housewife. Thanks to Daily Kos.com, I quickly discovered that Rosa Parks began working as secretary for the NAACP in 1943 and still held that position when she was arrested.
• The Women's Liberation Movement was patterned on the Civil Rights Movement. They are both off-the-shelf Communist psycho-social operations. To be effective, they must appear to reflect a popular groundswell rather than an elite agenda imposed from above.
• While these movements rectified many genuine injustices, their hidden purpose is to destabilize and undermine American society.
• Social change doesn't take place in the USA unless the central bankers and their media assets sponsor it. Their long-term plan for world dictatorship is disguised as a spontaneous grassroots revolt.
• Maybe they did not fully understand what segregation would do to the descendants of slavery, it forced them to be adults take care of themselves. Nature doesn't accept vacuums and segregation left a vacuum that black people had to fill. They had to be their own doctors, lawyers, governors, teachers, bankers etc. The civil rights movement was totally engineered and controlled just like the women's rights (feminist) movement, all you need do is take stock of the results. For black people we truly became impoverished, with feminism the divorce rate went through the roof, the moral social fabric of society was literally ripped to shreds.
…End of the File Preview…

Peace and Love..........John

Date: July 08, 2013 03:43PM

Boys in custody sexually abused by female guards at alarming rate:

[www.alternet.org]

Date: July 16, 2013 12:51AM

I was just reading a couple articles on the Alternet website - some I don't like - about the Trayvon Martin case. Some I like.

Anyway, here's another article about Male Bashing - the issue is getting a lot of press lately.

Men -- the new second class citizens

[www.foxnews.com]

"Yet it is males who suffer in our society. From boyhood through adulthood, the White American Male must fight his way through a litany of taunts, assumptions and grievances about his very existence. His oppression is unlike anything American women have faced. Unlike women, however, men don’t organize and form groups when they’ve been persecuted. They just bow out of the game."

Date: July 19, 2013 01:44PM

A list of male "privileges": [i.imgur.com]

Date: July 21, 2013 12:05AM

Male privilege infographic: [i.imgur.com]

Date: July 21, 2013 12:25PM

I was thinking the other day when we drove by some construction workers doing road work - how men work very hard every day for we women who don't work and our children. I'm sure men also realize what a difficult job it is to take care of the home and especially to raise children.

If at all possible, I believe the parents should stay together 'for the sake of the children' if divorce would put the children in a worse situation. But in a divorce, children should be in the care of their mother, if possible. There's no equal to a Mommy. Joint custody is good as long as neither parent is abusive, or has other issues.

Date: July 21, 2013 12:42PM

The belief that men are second-class citizens in child-rearing is one of the tragic consequences of radical feminism. The statistics coming out of fatherless homes are devastating. [thefatherlessgeneration.wordpress.com]

KidRaw Wrote:
> I was thinking the other day when we drove by some
> construction workers doing road work - how men
> work very hard every day for we women who don't
> work and our children. I'm sure men also realize
> what a difficult job it is to take care of the
> home and especially to raise children.
>
> If at all possible, I believe the parents should
> stay together 'for the sake of the children' if
> divorce would put the children in a worse
> situation. But in a divorce, children should be in
> the care of their mother, if possible. There's no
> equal to a Mommy. Joint custody is good as long as
> neither parent is abusive, or has other issues.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 21, 2013 03:34PM

why argue?
in a world of duality
everybody loses

period

Date: July 21, 2013 04:03PM

Most people who post here are opposed to the binary mindset. What's funny is that you can't see that you create a duality with your duality vs. non-duality argument. Why bother?

I'm not arguing with KidRaw. Never have. That's because we don't roll like that. We tend to see civil disagreement as learning opportunities, not arguments that wound the perpetually butt-hurt ego.

la_veronique Wrote:
> why argue?
> in a world of duality
> everybody loses
>
> period

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2013 04:11PM by HH.

Date: July 22, 2013 10:27PM

HH says :

<< What's funny is that you can't see that you create a duality with your duality vs. non-duality argument.>>

That's your assumption that I cannot see the endless spiral of duality created by pitting duality against non duality. I can see it and there is nothing that I can do about it.

Date: July 22, 2013 10:40PM

Like I said: "Why bother?" You turned a polite difference of opinion into a black and white argument. I guess I'm just confused by your choice of contribution, but to each their own. Peace.

la_veronique Wrote:
> HH says :
>
> << What's funny is that you can't see that you
> create a duality with your duality vs. non-duality
> argument.>>
>
> That's your assumption that I cannot see the
> endless spiral of duality created by pitting
> duality against non duality. I can see it and
> there is nothing that I can do about it.

Date: July 22, 2013 10:43PM

<<I'm not arguing with KidRaw. Never have. That's because we don't roll like that. We tend to see civil disagreement as learning opportunities, not arguments that wound the perpetually butt-hurt ego.>>

Its none of my business who you decide to have a conversation with. It did not occur to me to think about either of you when I was pondering my own thoughts of how the matrix of duality just serves to endlessly separate and polarize thus debating anything in my own mind just served to distend me further.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables