Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Happy Father's Day!
Posted by: HH ()
Date: July 22, 2013 11:13PM

So you were talking to yourself in an internet forum? My apologies. I thought that you were addressing myself and KidRaw. Interesting that you chose this thread to ponder duality to yourself. Mind if I ask why? Cyber-space is free after all. You very easily could have started a thread of your own and left this topic on topic. Oh well. I'm done with this. Like I said before, peace.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 23, 2013 12:26AM

<< So you were talking to yourself in an internet forum? My apologies. I thought that you were addressing myself and KidRaw. Interesting that you chose this thread to ponder duality to yourself. Mind if I ask why? Cyber-space is free after all. You very easily could have started a thread of your own and left this topic on topic. Oh well. I'm done with this. Like I said before, peace.>>

Yes, you are correct. I was talking to myself.

Some of these ideas had me pondering my own thoughts which led me to the idea that there are no real solutions unless the entirety of the constructs that perpetuate these polarities and seeming injustices are dissolved, transformed or shown to be what they truly are : forces of separation that serve to profit several and specific entities.

Indubitably, cyberspace is free. I could have left this topic alone. I could have started my own thread. I could have done a lot of things but the fact is, that I didn't. I don't have any answers to your question just as I don't have an immediate, large scale or viable solution for any of the injustices that are occurring ...ceaselessly. I don't see any true changes happening any time soon as long as categorization equals objectification and this national ( if not global) past time continues to be entirely acceptable.

Welcome to the world of duality
where everyone loses ...
unless you don't

Date: July 23, 2013 12:55AM

I should pay attention. This thread is a "HAPPY Father's Day" thread.

I almost forgot what the original thread was all about. Alriggghtteeeeee..

I got my Dad the ultimate gift - the SUPER cliche tie and honestly, it LOOKED very cliche too with a little ( i was hoping) not so cliche design. Its hard to know what to get him. He says " get me something I NEED". Well, I figured he NEEDED a tie. smiling smiley

the tie, i sent in a cardboardy looking postal box via snail mail and it was maybe a week late ( yeah, i'm not the best daughter)

but he liked it so that's all that matters

so back to the original, appropriate topic

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

better late than never

always tell your Dad that he did a super job of raising you ( even if he didn't because you are who you are because he is who he is regardless of what that was)

"Calm seas never made for a skilled mariner"
(forgot who said that but i like the quote)

Date: July 23, 2013 02:03AM

I'm trying to show that men and women actually struggle together. There is no male privilege. It's a myth. It was invented to divide. I'm not trying to prove that one struggles more than the other. Just as long as we're clear on that. Anyone on this board who knows me knows that this is where I'm coming from. We should be in it together but instead we bicker amongst each other. It keeps our attention off those who it should be on.

Date: July 23, 2013 12:55PM

Gender dividers complain because the royal baby is a boy. The kid isn't one day out of the womb and they're already telling him how disappointing his penis is. Isn't it enough that they rake his father over the coals for gasp, losing his hair? Nevermind that by all appearances he's a decent man. It's reminiscent of those old world men/kooks who would hate their wives for not producing a first-born male heir. Last I checked, the reigning royal highness is in fact a woman. [www.cosmopolitan.com]

Date: July 24, 2013 01:15AM

discrimination based upon objectification is BIG BUSINESS
the bread and butter of countless enterprises and agenda
SUFFERING is the ultimate CASH COW

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 24, 2013 01:58AM

Yeah, thanks for that article - I'm sending it to my husband who's British. I used to be an airhead who read Cosmopolitan; now I'm an airhead who reads decorating magazines smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/24/2013 02:03AM by KidRaw.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: July 24, 2013 08:24PM

Did I just lose all my credibility in this thread because I'm making fun of Anthony Weiner sad smiley

I would have asked that in a PM, but the PM Function isn't working....

Date: June 15, 2014 02:07PM

smiling smiley

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables