Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Culture
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: January 13, 2014 12:41AM

It's come to this -

My Strange Addiction - I'm a Living Doll

[www.youtube.com];

This is just weird --

Masking

What's next? Lawsuits because their civil rights are being infringed upon?

Entrepreneurship - Femskin Family vs. Duck Dynasty

A New British Documentary Goes Inside The Lives Of Men Who Dress As Dolls

[www.businessinsider.com]

19 Most Bizarre Moments From "Secrets Of The Living Dolls"

[www.buzzfeed.com]

(Entrepreneurship - Femskin Family vs. Duck Dynasty)

Secrets Of The Living Dolls - Part 1

[video.search.yahoo.com]

Secrets Of The Living Dolls S01E01 Part 2

[video.search.yahoo.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Culture
Date: January 23, 2014 04:23PM

They don't look bad for being in their 70's - except she shouldn't have plucked her eyebrows so much when she was younger because she ended up having to draw them on and they're crooked; and she would look better with her hair a little longer and fluffy or curly, and if it was a more natural light brown color smiling smiley

Captain and Tennille, musical duo of the ’70s, divorcing after 39 years of marriage

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: HH ()
Date: January 23, 2014 05:13PM

It's funny that you chose this thread to post the Captain and Tennille story. Interesting article about boomers still divorcing. It's the generation that will never be satisfied...despite having it all. smiling smiley

Date: January 23, 2014 06:04PM

But seriously, having read in that story that 2/3 of boomer divorces are initiated by women, I'm not in the least surprised. I bet that the men getting dumped are ego-driven, jealous, possessive, and insecure, i.e. they're everything that modern women find to be totally unattractive.

Date: January 23, 2014 10:07PM

I guess I shouldn't be surprised - just turned on the news and heard the story of Justin Beiber getting arrested! That's the second time today I heard the story on the National News! The first one was "CBS News Update with Harley Karns." What have we come to when the big story of the day on the National News is about a celebrity getting arrested. Like who cares about Justin Beiber! Sorry, but anyone who is interested in what Justin Beiber does or does not do is a clone, as far as I'm concerned.

Date: January 30, 2014 01:56AM

If you've ever seen Mad Men you realize what an insane, exaggerated statement that was.

Date: January 30, 2014 02:12AM

smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2014 02:16AM by KidRaw.

Date: February 04, 2014 01:40AM

Between the Celebrity Worshipers and the Sports Fans, is it any wonder we're a nation of couch potatoes -

Go figure: Last night’s Super Bowl was the most-watched program in U.S. history

[hotair.com]

"Last night’s broadcast of Super Bowl XLVIII on Fox was both the most-watched event in U.S. TV history, and the most-watched Super Bowl of all time, drawing an average of 111.5 million viewers."

Golden Globes, Oscars: 10 Most-Watched Awards Shows

[www.hollywoodreporter.com]

Date: February 04, 2014 01:49AM

While the Super Bowl was on I was on youtube watching videos about the Super Bowl being a Satanic ritual. Then I had my friend Paul, who was watching the Super Bowl, text me when the half-time show came on so I could watch it. The only thing I concluded is that if this is the best Satan can do, he's pretty lame.

Date: February 10, 2014 10:24PM

Of course, the best part of the NFL guy coming out as gay is that now the Politically-Correct Thought-Police crowd (you know who you are) get to play the Homophobic Card eye rolling smiley

NFL Executives Respond to Michael Sam’s Coming Out With Cynical Homophobia

[www.salon.com]

In response to Michael Sam’s historic decision to come out as gay in advance of the May NFL draft, several league executives and other personnel decided to match his courage by anonymously coming out as cynical homophobes.

“I don’t think football is ready for [an openly gay player] just yet,” an unnamed NFL player personnel assistant told Sports Illustrated. “In the coming decade or two, it’s going to be acceptable, but at this point in time it’s still a man’s-man game. To call somebody a [gay slur] is still so commonplace. It’d chemically imbalance an NFL locker room and meeting room.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2014 10:26PM by KidRaw.

Date: February 10, 2014 10:34PM

And just in case there's not enough attention paid to the Sexual Harassment of Women issue, the feminists have now invented a new meme, 'Digital Harrassment' --

Digital Harassment Is the New Means of Domestic Abuse

More girls are reporting their boyfriends stalk them via text message or threaten to humiliate them with social media. What starts in cyberspace rarely ends there.

[www.thedailybeast.com]

"When most hear the words “domestic violence,” the image of someone physically battered comes to mind. But technology is increasingly replacing fists as the weapon of choice in abusive relationships.

Katie Ray-Jones, president of the National Domestic Violence Hotline, explained that one of the goals of Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month this February is to educate teens and their parents about the perils of dating abuse in all its forms. Ray-Jones explained that in recent years they have seen a significant increase in the number of girls contacting the Hotline to report treatment by their boyfriends that didn’t fit traditional definitions of violence but certainly constituted abuse.

“What we’re hearing a lot on the hotline and prompted us to engage in a digital abuse awareness strategy was a lot of young people were talking about their partner—boyfriend or girlfriend—constantly texting them and if they don’t respond in appropriate time there are repercussions and a fight breaks out,” she said. Others reported their partners “constantly texting them to know where they are and who they are talking to.” "

Date: February 13, 2014 08:50PM

So I turned on the radio at the top of the hour to get the latest news on the big snowstorm, and what's the Breaking National News --

That Facebook now has 50 Gender choices! Wow! So important! Twitter is all A-twitter.

APNewsBreak: New Gender Options for Facebook Users

[bigstory.ap.org]

"You don't have to be just male or female on Facebook anymore. The social media giant is adding a customizable option with about 50 different terms people can use to identify their gender as well as three preferred pronoun choices: him, her or them.

Facebook said the changes, shared with The Associated Press before the launch on Thursday, initially cover the company's 159 million monthly users in the U.S. and are aimed at giving people more choices in how they describe themselves, such as androgynous, bi-gender, intersex, gender fluid or transsexual.

The move by Facebook represents a basic and a yet significant form of recognition of the nation's growing transgender rights movement, which has been spurred by veteran activists and young people who identify as transgender at younger and younger ages. The Human Rights Campaign last year found that 10 percent of the 10,000 lesbian, gay, bisexual transgender youths it surveyed used "other" or wrote in their own gender terms.

Masen Davis, executive director of the San Francisco-based Transgender Law Center, said it may be hard for some people to understand the importance of having the ability to select from multiple genders online. But he said many transgender people will be thrilled with the change.

In the past decade, the transgender movement has become much more organized and outspoken, demanding the kind of civil rights and respect already sought by gay activists. During this time, the transgender umbrella has been growing well beyond transsexuals to encompass a wide variety of gender identities.

Users also can select "neither" or "other" and separately indicate whether they want to be referred to as he, she or they."

What does that mean when Facebook is the breaking news of the day.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables