Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are you looking for homemade, natural and vegan products?
Posted by: Lucille ()
Date: February 04, 2014 06:10AM

Hi!

I am new and am passionate about natural living and moving away from commercial products. I'd love to start a website where people can buy and sell things that they make at home. Right now, I make my own soap and laundry detergent. I would like to start a website where people can sell food and homemade goods like: cleaning products, bathroom products, clothes, art, baby products, skin products, etc

Because I work full-time I don't have the time to make all these things myself but I'd gladly buy from someone else instead of settling for commercial products in the store or overly expensive organic or natural products from larger companies.

Does anyone else feel the same way?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are you looking for homemade, natural and vegan products?
Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 04, 2014 04:50PM

I hate to be the buzz-kill, but you'll probably get shut down by some govt. regulatory agency. There's absolutely no freedom to do anything like this in America anymore.

Posted by: Lucille ()
Date: February 04, 2014 04:56PM

Can you elaborate?

Because people already sell these kinds of products on Etsy and on Ebay but there's no central website just for green/natural products.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 04, 2014 06:01PM

I'd be concerned about the food and possibly the skin and cleaning products. Maybe I'm exaggerating the state of things right now, but I wouldn't be surprised to see things go that way. I would speak to someone who's an expert on these things to make sure. I was just telling another person who posts here that I make a homemade reishi tincture. IMO, it's as good if not better than anything out there, but I often wonder what I'd have to go through in order to sell it.

Anyway, great idea. I hope you get many responses.

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: February 05, 2014 12:08AM

HH Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'd be concerned about the food and possibly the
> skin and cleaning products. Maybe I'm exaggerating
> the state of things right now, but I wouldn't be
> surprised to see things go that way. I would speak
> to someone who's an expert on these things to make
> sure. I was just telling another person who posts
> here that I make a homemade reishi tincture. IMO,
> it's as good if not better than anything out
> there, but I often wonder what I'd have to go
> through in order to sell it.
>
> Anyway, great idea. I hope you get many responses.

You can find out the cheap easy way how good an idea it would be by shopping for liability insurance. The price of that coverage will tell the tale...

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: February 07, 2014 09:34AM

if the demand is there...

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 21, 2014 03:41PM

I used to make natural soaps with essential oils, pure ingredients like lavender and oats, no artificial colors or scents. It was going very well, so your idea is very good and if you stick with things like non food products it could do well. I'm not making soap but plan on getting back doing it, but making it for pets mostly. I'm making and selling dog clothes for this last year and that's doing very very well. I started with my own group on Facebook and worked it for a year, and now I also have my own website and I charge other designers small monthly fee to be listed and have their own page(s) of items there.

Good luck!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables