Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Snowpocalypse
Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: February 12, 2014 02:54AM

We're getting a big storm starting tomorrow in Virginia - whereby it'll work its way up the East Coast.

Thanks you Panchito and RHB for keeping the faith alive because if it wasn't for Global Warming, imagine how cold it would be and how much snow we'd be getting this winter smiling smiley

For the Southeast -

[www.accuweather.com]

For the Northeast -

[www.accuweather.com]

Storm seen from space -

[www.livescience.com]

The good news - The Government may have to shut down -

[washington.cbslocal.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Snowpocalypse
Posted by: HH ()
Date: February 12, 2014 03:24AM

Oh God it looks like we might just barely miss out on that BS. Please let that be true. Take care KR.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 12, 2014 02:44PM

KidRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Thanks you Panchito and RHB for keeping the faith
> alive because if it wasn't for Global Warming,
> imagine how cold it would be and how much snow
> we'd be getting this winter smiling smiley

That is some backyard science you got there. You are busy posting news ON THE WINTER about cold weather, but in the summer you keep the anti-theory alarm posts down.

[news.discovery.com]

"Researchers have known for some time thatthe acceptance of climate change depends on the day most people are asked. During unusually hot weather, people tend to accept global warming, and they swing against it during cold events.

“While a number of studies have looked at the relationship between daily temperature and global warming judgments or opinions, very few have explored the psychology that underlies the effect,” said Lisa Zaval, a graduate student in psychology at Columbia University and lead author of the new research that begins to dig deeper."

Date: February 12, 2014 03:25PM

Of course, that's only common sense! Why would someone say Global Warming is bull crap when it's 99 degrees out for a week straight. (Although they could definitely still argue that "MAN MADE" Global Warming is a bunch of hooey) I hope taxpayers aren't funding all those stupid studies eye rolling smiley

So here's another article on the weather. At least this winter, 'The Weather' is an interesting subject. In fact, "The Weather" has become interesting since MAN-MADE Global Warming became a hot topic. Sort of like how "contraception" got a lot of play after that debate where they just out of the blue asked Romney about how he felt about 'women's access to contraception' and he said, "What?" And then the whole "War on Women's Reproductive Rights" meme was fabricated. Funny how that happens ..... And how nobody cared much about 'health insurance' until the government decided to take it over, and now it's the most interesting topic ever.

But I digress...

Ice Storm Hits Atlanta, Threatens 'Long Periods in the Cold'

[www.nbcnews.com]

[newsbusters.org]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2014 03:39PM by KidRaw.

Date: February 12, 2014 06:03PM

Everyone I know who questions global-warming questions the unquestionable belief that global-warming is man-made. They do this by pointing to history and the similar weather fluctuations that have occurred and which obviously had nothing to do with "man." They also wonder why dissent and inquiry are not allowed. As long as the mystery is unsolved, they remain open to all possibilities. In other words, outside of satisfying your own lust for bitterness and human dischord, there's no reason to come over here and troll. Simply discuss the issue.

The world is filled with people like Panchito. His life depends on following the company line because he's a company man through and through. All the major institutions say that global-warming is man-made. It must be true! They all say that eating fat will kill you. True dat! How many times have these institutions been wrong? Over and over again, yet over and over again they're enabled by the herd of betas who require simplistic, linear answers to complex mysteries. You're not bothered by "global warming." You're bothered by people who think for themselves, who don't worship at the altar of your comfort zone. So how do you deal with it? Every once in a while you screw up the courage to mosey on over here and troll. How do you like that for psychology? You happy that you got 2 of us to stoop to the level of your utter b u l l s h i t?

Panchito Wrote:
> KidRaw Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Thanks you Panchito and RHB for keeping the
> faith
> > alive because if it wasn't for Global Warming,
> > imagine how cold it would be and how much snow
> > we'd be getting this winter smiling smiley
>
> That is some backyard science you got there. You
> are busy posting news ON THE WINTER about cold
> weather, but in the summer you keep the
> anti-theory alarm posts down.
>
> [news.discovery.com]
> -weather-messes-with-our-global-warming-opinions-1
> 40112.htm
>
> "Researchers have known for some time thatthe
> acceptance of climate change depends on the day
> most people are asked. During unusually hot
> weather, people tend to accept global warming, and
> they swing against it during cold events.
>
> “While a number of studies have looked at the
> relationship between daily temperature and global
> warming judgments or opinions, very few have
> explored the psychology that underlies the
> effect,” said Lisa Zaval, a graduate student in
> psychology at Columbia University and lead author
> of the new research that begins to dig deeper."

Date: February 12, 2014 10:36PM

It started snowing here in Virginia. I figure by tomorrow morning, we'll be snowed in and without power. Hey, I won't be able to post any more informational threads sad smiley

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 13, 2014 01:36AM

ja ja. what an surprise Maybe a big meteorite falls before we @#$%& another planet

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 13, 2014 01:47AM

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: February 13, 2014 01:50AM

"It’s Cold and My Car is Buried in Snow. Is Global Warming Really Happening?"
[www.ucsusa.org]

Excerpt: "NASA and NOAA plus research centers around the world track the global average temperature, and all conclude that Earth is warming. In fact, the past decade has been found to be the hottest since scientists started recording reliable data in the 1880s. These rising temperatures are caused primarily by an increase of heat-trapping emissions in the atmosphere created when we burn coal, oil, and gas to generate electricity, drive our cars, and fuel our businesses.
Hotter air around the globe causes more moisture to be held in the air than in prior seasons. When storms occur, this added moisture can fuel heavier precipitation in the form of more intense rain or snow."

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: February 13, 2014 03:20AM

LOL. I still see no proof that global-warming is man-made. Am I actually supposed to take the word of some scientists whose message is accompanied by pan-handling on the internet? Should I believe it because you believe it even though you have no understanding of the science that guides your opinion, i.e. are you really capable of discerning between real, objective science and biased hocus-pocus? At least you were polite about it. If you actually show some commitment to compassionate interaction AND your cause you'll get a sincere and polite response from me some day. Until then, I'm not biting.

Date: February 13, 2014 03:25AM

The Slate article said:

"If you think the climate isn’t changing, well, I've got some bad news for you. It is. Of course the climate’s changing. It always does. The problem is on top of that incredibly slow natural variation, the climate is changing due to human influence, and it’s changing fast."

We never said: "The Climate isn't Changing" - we said "There is no "MAN-MADE" Global Warming." They did a bait and switch - This is how it works:

They said: There is "Man-Made" Global Warming.

We said: There is no "Man-Made" Global Warming. The earth may be warming, but if it is, it's natural cycles, not "Man-Made".

So then they changed the phrase "Man-Made Global Warming" to "Climate Change"

and now they're accusing us of saying that "The Climate isn't Changing"...

We never said The Climate isn't Changing - We said There is no Man-Made Global Warming.

They did a Switcheroo.

Date: February 13, 2014 02:11PM

Date: February 13, 2014 02:29PM

smiling smiley

Date: February 13, 2014 05:21PM

We got 13 inches - it's stopped now for a while.

[www.nbcnews.com]

I just got this email from The Union of Concerned Scientists - They hate the Koch Brothers and The Deniers - LOL

"According to a new study, corporations and big donors like the Koch brothers are spending nearly $1 billion per year to deny the science of climate change.

Most of this money is funneled through non-profit foundations and think tanks, and 75 percent of this funding can't be traced back to specific donors. Take the Koch brothers' latest enterprise—Freedom Partners—which doled out $250 million from just 200 donors in 2012.2 The public only discovered its existence a year after the election!

Transparency is a core value of science. It's also critical to protecting our climate and holding our opponents accountable. That's why UCS members helped launch the Disinformation Playbook, which exposes these fund-funnelling schemes, and why tens of thousands of you are lobbying for stricter transparency rules in a massive grassroots effort directed at the Securities and Exchange Commission.

But we can, and we must, do more. We need 6,000 people to step up before the end of the month with a membership gift to fund our work in 2014. Can you help?

Keep standing up for climate science—become a member of the Union of Concerned Scientists today.

When you support UCS, things get done. It's that simple.

In state after state, we've beaten back attempts to gut renewable energy standards.
We've won whistleblower protections for federal scientists to protect them when they speak the truth about science, regardless of politics.
We've helped secure incentives for wind and solar power, helped confirm a strong environmental advocate to lead the EPA, pushed for strong rules on coal plants, and more—speeding up our transition to a clean energy future.
Opponents like the Koch brothers want to obstruct this kind of climate action through dark money groups.3 Don't let them. Instead, use science to fight back. Let's bolster California's landmark clean fuel standards. Let's help local leaders in Florida and New Jersey address sea level rise. Let's close down the oldest and dirtiest coal-fired power plants, and promote clean, renewable energy across the country.

If you want to win more victories for science, for the environment, and for our health in 2014, stand with us today. Join a powerful community of committed citizens and scientists and help reach our ambitious goal before February 28.

Innovative research coupled with hard-hitting advocacy and compelling communications: it's a powerful mix that's helped UCS become one of the most effective organizations working on climate change, according to GuideStar's Philanthropedia.

UCS members don't just call out problems—they make tangible progress happen to change the status quo.

Thank you for being on the side of science."

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2014 05:30PM by KidRaw.

Date: February 13, 2014 05:34PM

This is so funny!

[www.today.com]

Date: February 13, 2014 06:29PM

America's 20 Snowiest Major Cities

[www.weather.com]

It looks like Erie, PA may have overtaken Syracuse, NY -

Current Top 10 Snowiest US Cities

[goldensnowglobe.com]

Date: February 13, 2014 06:46PM

That was really good!

KidRaw Wrote:
> This is so funny!
>
> [www.today.com]
> losing-bohemian-rapsody-treatment-2D12054054

Date: February 13, 2014 06:48PM

This is another situation where the RFD is blessing - Where we may lose power at any time and we're snowed in for days. It doesn't matter if we lose power, because we don't need to cook anything to eat. Although not having use of the blender could be a drag. If the refrigerator is out of commission, we can put the food out in the snow to keep it cold. Another reason to be thankful for the Raw Food Diet!

It just started sleeting and getting windy, so I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Date: February 13, 2014 07:39PM

You're very good at keeping a positive attitude. A lot of people would be *&^%!$*@ bricks in your position!

KidRaw Wrote:
> This is another situation where the RFD is
> blessing - Where we may lose power at any time and
> we're snowed in for days. It doesn't matter if we
> lose power, because we don't need to cook anything
> to eat. Although not having use of the blender
> could be a drag. If the refrigerator is out of
> commission, we can put the food out in the snow to
> keep it cold. Another reason to be thankful for
> the Raw Food Diet!
>
> It just started sleeting and getting windy, so I
> hope I didn't just jinx myself.

Date: February 14, 2014 02:59AM

HH Wrote:
> You're very good at keeping a positive attitude. A
> lot of people would be *&^%!$*@ bricks in your
> position!

Thanks, but not quite. I do have a gas fireplace and propane stove that works when the power's out smiling smiley

The hardship would be no internet sad smiley

We ended up with 17 inches so far.

Interesting Weather Facts -

Five Weather Myths Debunked

[www.csmonitor.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables