Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Help ! Is my juicer broken !?
Posted by: LocalRawganics ()
Date: August 03, 2014 02:22PM

Hello !

So I soaked my nuts for around 24 hours, and then dehydrated them for a similar amount of time. I then proceeded, this morning, to put my nuts into my Omega NC800 juicer, with the grinding screen (screenless) on. I followed all instructions though within a few minutes nothing was coming out and I noticed juice coming out of where juice from vegetables come out !

In in addition, it was clogged and I could not even seperate the juicer to see what was going on. I noticed it was extremely hot !

Then, I decided to put a few ice packs on top of the juicer, and finally the parts seperated. I opened it up and at the end of the "screen", everything is ROCK HARD. I dont know how this could have possibly happened !? On the inside of the drum cap, on the inside where it dips, there is also rock hard "nut butter" which looks almost like plastic because it has molded.

The only thing I can think I might have done wrong is put a nozzle on. But it says to put it on in the book that came with the juicer !

I bought this juicer used, but have had no problems juicing vegetables and fruits.

Did I screw up? What is going on? Why is the nut butter rock hard? Should I throw this batch away ?

Please help !!!

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Help ! Is my juicer broken !?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 06, 2014 03:42AM

its rock hard because first it became nut buttery ( hot)

then you put a lot of ice on it which "froze" it... hence it is rock hard

so soak it all in water

then clean it out

next time

maybe do very little at a time

so u don't stress out the engine

give engine time to cool

is it working now?

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables