Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Paul Braggs was in the Source Family Cult
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: November 02, 2014 07:49AM

can someone tell me how you can have a daughter that is really not your daughter?

lolsmiling smiley

i never heard of that before

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: KFCA ()
Date: November 02, 2014 06:51PM

Well, LV, it's complicated, but that's nothing new with "The Bragg Story".

Paul Bragg had 3 bio children, two girls & a boy, with his first wife, and Patricia Bragg (maiden name "Pendleton"winking smiley married the son, Robert Elton Bragg, a Los Angeles-area chiropractor, in 1952 in Phoenix, AZ. She sued Robert for divorce in the Los Angeles Superior Court, the county of their residence, in 1955. Robert counter-sued. The divorce decree became final in 1957,
by which time, and probably earlier, Patricia had teamed up with her ex-father-in-law in his "health business". She later took to calling Paul her "father". or "Dad", claiming in later years that he had adopted her, though in a fairly recent interview with a Maui, Hawaii newspaper, she couldn't seem to remember when it happened, gee, it was so long ago.

Their Wikipedia pages for both Paul & Patricia Bragg pretty much cover their basic backgrounds.

Now did Paul legally adopt Patricia? Yes, I believe so.

Date: November 02, 2014 08:26PM

KFCA

i guess we all just live in a house of mirrors
shards splintered everywhere
reflecting pieces of half truths into the twilight

Date: November 03, 2014 12:11AM

la_veronique Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> KFCA
>
> i guess we all just live in a house of mirrors
> shards splintered everywhere
> reflecting pieces of half truths into the
> twilight

There is a potentially big story going on at the moment about a certain raw food identity and it could explode with a massive BANG. I can't say anymore at the moment until the investigations have been concluded, but it looks like karma is going to bite someone really hard in the near future as truths get publically revealed. And no, not Doug.

Date: November 03, 2014 12:46AM

<<There is a potentially big story going on at the moment about a certain raw food identity and it could explode with a massive BANG. I can't say anymore at the moment until the investigations have been concluded, but it looks like karma is going to bite someone really hard in the near future as truths get publically revealed. And no, not Doug.>>

nothing new under the sun
and a smile and a tear
for everyone...

Date: November 03, 2014 01:02AM

There is also a healer in the raw food movement who claims they are not doing it for the money. But if the tax returns are correct they seem to have paid themselves an obscene amount of money for someone who doesn't worship the money Gods. In fact, they can be classified as reasonably wealthy millionaires, but the impression they give the public is that they don't have much money.

Talking the talk and walking the talk are two different things. If you don't live with integrity your walls can come crashing down.

Date: November 05, 2014 08:38PM

sproutman

<<There is also a healer in the raw food movement who claims they are not doing it for the money. But if the tax returns are correct they seem to have paid themselves an obscene amount of money for someone who doesn't worship the money Gods. In fact, they can be classified as reasonably wealthy millionaires, but the impression they give the public is that they don't have much money.>>

i hope this person ( whoever they are) continues to make uber amounts of dough
if they are doing a good job to raise awareness and are helping ( not hurting) anyone

Posted by: Lois ()
Date: November 06, 2014 12:10AM

tongue sticking out smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2014 12:18AM by Lois.

Date: November 14, 2014 07:17PM

Just testing

Date: November 14, 2014 07:43PM

BTW, the adoption of Patricia by Paul Bragg was undoubtedly an "adult adoption". California, along with a small number of other U.S. states, allowed the adoption of an adult over 18 years of age by another adult who was at least 10 years his or her senior, subject to court approval. We handled such an adoption several decades back when I worked for a California lawyer.

California voters, by initiative, ended the California Inheritance Tax in 1982, which likely effectively ended the use of adult adoptions, at least for inheritance tax savings reasons. Paul executed his Last Will in January 1958 & died in December 1976, when such initiative was not even on the radar screen. Needless to say, the inheritance tax rate for "children", adopted or otherwise, when it still existed, was considerably less than assets bequeathed to "a stranger", which, in legal terms, was a non-blood relation.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/14/2014 07:44PM by KFCA.

Posted by: coconutcream ()
Date: December 28, 2014 05:45AM

My boyfriend loves 1 tb ACV in gallon of water or a fresh juice, he drinks it so much. One day I had some and I had a lot of energy. Diogenez told me if you drink too much it will pickle your liver. So my thoughts about it are kind of like I question it. I do not want to pickle my liver. I liked how it gave me energy. So I just do not touch it for now, until I know the truth.
I use lemon juice in place of it.

Posted by: sunstar ()
Date: February 22, 2015 11:47PM

If Paul Bragg died of a surfing accident in Waikiki at age 96 as Patricia Pendleton ( real name on current Identification ) contends then why then why were his remains in Florida and why do several prominent natural hygienists claim they were with him at the dinner where he choked to death on the fish bone in North Palm Beach ,Florida in 1976 (when he was 81 years old)?

Patricia's current passport and driver's license are issued to Patricia Pendleton not Patricia Bragg.
Please account for that.
Driver's License issued in Santa Barbara California.

Date: February 26, 2015 07:13AM

Not sure where you get the (nutty) ideas that Paul Bragg died in a surfing accident in Hawaii, OR died choking on a fish bone at a dinner in Florida. But I guess that's par for the Bragg Story & its followers.

Paul Bragg died at 1:15 PM in the early afternoon of December 7, 1976 at the Emergency Room of South Shore Hospital in Miami, Florida after being "stricken at the Crest View Apartments [his place of stay while in attendance at something called the "Second Annual Health, Diet and Physical Fitness Show" at the Dinner Key Auditorium in Miami Beach that week] and rushed by rescue squad to the hospital, where he died a short time later." This is all per the report of his death both in The Miami Herald and The Honolulu News-Advertiser newspapers, & his death certificate.

As far as Patricia Pendleton Bragg using her maiden name on official documents, vs. a once-married name---nothing unusual or illegal about that. That's what her birth certificate reads. It's not like she's calling herself, say, Jane Jones, which she never is or was.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables