Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Mercola rotten brain contaminating the internet
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 02, 2014 06:00PM

baby Chesus. Save their brain from rottening any more. Is he really that dumb and people like it?

[articles.mercola.com]

[Our ancestral diet was very high in saturated fats and virtually void of sugar and non-vegetable carbohydrates. Today, not only do most of us eat excessive amounts of carbohydrates, these carbs are refined and highly processed. ]

Ancestral people lived to the 30s. Even a six hundred pouder makes it to 30 chock full with disease from dietary fat.

[This mistaken fat phobia has undoubtedly played a significant role in the dramatic rise in dementia and other neurological disorders, because your brain cannot function properly without fats. In fact, most people benefit from up to 50-85 percent of their daily calories in the form of fats for optimal health]

wow. Tell that to this 98 year old low fat vegan: [www.youtube.com] See if you can find a person over 70 on a high fat diet (85%) alive.

[For comparison, the American Heart Association recommends limiting saturated fat to between five to six percent of total calories!9 There's no doubt in my mind that this grossly sub-optimal recommendation level is contributing to the poor health of Americans, and promoting both heart disease and dementia. ]

Sure. Fat is loaded with AGEs which damage the endothelial walls. You can read the published list here (pay attention to raw fresh olive oil for example): [www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

[Reduce your overall calorie consumption, and/or intermittently fast until insulin resistance resolves.]

ha ha. Finally he writes the secret to not blow up on his high fat diet. YOU NEED TO FAST. Otherwise you get huge. Hello? Any diet works if you fast! Even one loaded with fat and oil.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Mercola rotten brain contaminating the internet
Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 10, 2014 04:26PM

Panchito wrote:
" See if you can find a person over 70 on a high fat diet (85%) alive. "

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: December 10, 2014 07:13PM

"" See if you can find a person over 70 on a high fat diet (85%) alive. ""

Probably lots of people who are eating a SAD. I'm curious as to how a diet must be 85%+ fat in order to be high-fat. The definition of "high-fat" is completely subjective.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: December 10, 2014 09:33PM

The link button is not working, let's try direct:

[newsfeed.time.com]

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: December 11, 2014 01:05AM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> baby Chesus. Save their brain from rottening any
> more.

Oh the hand wringing horror of it all. Baby cheese's brains are rotting.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: December 11, 2014 03:16AM

I am reading a book of american diet history and the thought process of the Mercola diet seems contrapted 100 years ago. Thats Ok but my point is that the internet is making easy preys. It can be good and it can be bad. It depends on the source. Mercola is using the internet as a marketing tool. See this:

[www.chicagomag.com]

This skill is no accident. Around the time Mercola began to sell products on his site, he also began to study marketing. “I read a lot of books, took a lot of courses, and started understanding the process of how to communicate information effectively.”

Among the tricks he learned was how to grab readers’ attention—the notion, for example, that “80 percent of the effectiveness of an article is based on the headline.” He also learned the power of provocation. “I would find articles that supported one position and [say] why I disagreed. I didn’t hold back, and people seemed to like that. I didn’t realize at the time that was a useful marketing principle.”

In the opinion of David Gorski, a doctor who runs a site similar to Barrett’s (ScienceBasedMedicine.org), the problem is that Mercola either vastly exaggerates preliminary research or cherry-picks studies that bolster his point of view. Gorski believes that Mercola also ignores data that prove him wrong or pushes far beyond what is scientifically sound, using scare tactics to make his point.

Some of the articles on Mercola’s site, Barrett and others say, seem to be as much about selling the wide array of products offered there—from Melatonin Sleep Support Spray ($21.94 for three 0.85-ounce bottles) to Organic Sea Buckthorn Anti-Aging Serum ($22 for one ounce)—as about trying to inform. (Your tampon “may be a ticking time bomb,” he tells site visitors—but you can buy his “worry-free” organic cotton tampons for the discounted price of $7.99 for 16.) Steven Salzberg, a prominent biologist, professor, and researcher at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine, calls Mercola “the 21st-century equivalent of a snake-oil salesman.”

Posted by: guest1 ()
Date: December 29, 2014 08:30PM

I don't think he is dumb at all.

I think he figured out a way to get a lot of money from dumb people--tell them what they want to hear.

He is laughing all the way to the bank.

I doubt seriously that he eats like that or believes 1/100 of what he writes. He believes in money, though!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables