Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Eye Colour Change! Other Physical Changes
Posted by: daveikle ()
Date: April 08, 2015 06:09PM

I'm black so my eyes are dark will going on a Raw food Diet change my eyes even a little bit, have any experienced this, what other physical changes will i get

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Eye Colour Change! Other Physical Changes
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: April 15, 2015 05:45AM

Hi Dave,
I studied iridology a little bit. You may have heard of a case of a woman with "brown" eyes that turned hazel. In some cases, toxicity can show up in the iris and darken a naturally light-colored eye. That woman likely had natural hazel eyes and were just darker from her lifestyle. Diet is not going to change your true eye color. Babies can be born very toxic, so that might explain why she didn't know she had hazel eyes before.

When you have your eyes photographed, you might be able to see "lacunae" or spots or differing markings. The healthier you get, the tighter the weave and the fewer the markings. So, yes, you can see changes in your irises, even if they are dark.

If someone has dark eyes, but they are supposed to be hazel or blue or light colored, then they should want to get rid of the toxicity through cleansing, but otherwise, wanting to have light colored eyes just for appearance sake is an attachment.

Black people are beautiful. Black skin is wonderful. Afro hair is exquisite. Dark eyes are beautiful. People should not all look the same. THe world would be a boring place.

The one thing that you can notice in your eyes more easily and quickly when you go more on a CLEANSING raw diet is that the whites of the eyes will get clearer and less red. The irises take much longer to change than the white sclera.

You ask what changes you will see when you go on a raw diet. Well, it really depends on what kind of raw diet you go on. Not all raw diets are equal. If you had a history of eating a lot of sweets, sugar and white flour, eating a high fruit diet right away may not be the greatest. Instead more salads, vegetables and high calcium foods and sprouts. But if you have a history of constipation and eating lots of free radical foods, maybe higher fruit initially might help to detox you and get you cleaner faster. The point is to see what kind of constitution you have, how your organs are and what are your greatest health needs and tailor a diet to fit your current needs.

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 16, 2015 03:26AM

everybody has blue eyes as everybody has white hair. Color is given by special cells with pigments. Blue eyes means no pigments because the pigment cells are dead. Blue eyes do not mean healthier or less toxic eyes. If anything, it is the other way around.

Date: April 16, 2015 05:44AM

Panchito, I am not going to argue with you because many people consider iridology to be a quack science. But I will share with you some of the rationale. Bernard Jensen was a chiropractor who also promoted colon hydrotherapy. He had tough cases of people who were covered with psoriasis and skin disease and other diseases. So he took the before pictures of their eyes. After intense colon hydrotherapy and dietary changes over months, their diseases went away. A later picture of their eyes, showed distinct changes for the better, which confirmed the basic hypothesis of iridology. Many people who have seen changes in the iris confirm that positive changes occur with improved health and healthy lifestyles, while bad changes correlate to bad lifestyles and decreased health. That is why there are so many believers in iridology.

Date: April 16, 2015 12:57PM

Tai, I was refering to the view somepeople hold about blue eyes better vs brown eyes being toxic. It is possible that eye color change occurs during stressing long periods. But I don't believe that blue eyes are in any way better than brown just as you would believe that white hair is less toxic than black.

Todays technology allows to kill the pigmenting cells with laser, thus converting brown eyes to blue. But it costs $5000.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: April 16, 2015 07:51PM

Panchito wrote
I was refering to the view somepeople hold about blue eyes better vs brown eyes being toxic.

Tai:
I think this is a misunderstanding of iridology. Think of liver spots on the skin. Maybe you couldn't see them on the darkest of skin, but even on dark skin, you can see darker spots. Dark skin is not unhealthy by itself, but liver spots reveal health problems. So, dark spots can show up on the iris and sclera, and they can fade, just like liver spots. THis doesn't have anything to do with blue eyes being better than brown eyes.

I have one teacher that works with more asians and dark-skinned people and he does equal work with the sclera and iris. THe sclera shows changes much faster than the iris and is very obvious to see.

Date: April 17, 2015 03:18AM

yes, disease can cause eye color change

[en.wikipedia.org]

Most babies who have European ancestry have light-colored eyes before the age of one. As the child develops, melanocytes (cells found within the iris of human eyes, as well as skin and hair follicles) slowly begin to produce melanin.[citation needed] Because melanocyte cells continually produce pigment, in theory eye color can be changed. Most eye changes happen when the infant is around one year old, although it can happen up to three years of age.[23] Observing the iris of an infant from the side using only transmitted light with no reflection from the back of the iris, it is possible to detect the presence or absence of low levels of melanin. An iris that appears blue under this method of observation is more likely to remain blue as the infant ages. An iris that appears golden contains some melanin even at this early age and is likely to turn green or brown as the infant ages.

Changes (lightening or darkening) of eye colors during puberty, early childhood, pregnancy, and sometimes after serious trauma (like heterochromia) do represent cause for plausible argument to state that some eyes can or do change, based on chemical reactions and hormonal changes within the body.

Most eye-color changes have been observed or reported in the Caucasian population with hazel and amber eyes.[24]

[www.vsp.com]

In a nutshell, the color of your eyes depends on how much of the pigment melanin you have in your iris—the colored part of your eyes. The more pigment you have, the darker your eyes will be. Blue, grey, and green eyes are lighter because they have less melanin in the iris.

Besides giving our eyes color, melanin helps protect them from the sun. Because they have less pigment, light eyes are much more sensitive to the sun's harmful rays than brown or black eyes.

Ever-Changing Colors

Disease, trauma, and aging can lead to changes in eye color. In fact, our eyes begin changing from the time we're born. Newborn babies don't have melanin in their eyes, so they begin life with blue or almost colorless eyes. The melanin gradually increases, and by about three years of age, their eyes will have darkened to their true color.

Most people in the world will end up with brown eyes. The second most common colors are blue and grey, and green is the rarest color.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2015 03:25AM by Panchito.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables