Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Amy's Kitchen to launch vegetarian drive-thru restaurant
Posted by: HH ()
Date: June 04, 2015 05:44PM

"all menu items will be available in both vegan and gluten-free versions."

[vegnews.com]

Meanwhile, McDonald's continues to lose money.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Amy's Kitchen to launch vegetarian drive-thru restaurant
Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: June 18, 2015 10:06PM

Amy's sells mostly vegetarian products (most have dairy) in the stores. I used to eat their products every once in a while when I was a vegetarian and my husband really likes their foods. They are, overall, not the worst for you veg food out there. It's great to hear they will be offering plenty of vegan options in their restaurant instead of just vegetarian though! Heck, if I'm ever in California (not that I would be), I might even give their restaurant a trysmiling smiley A cooked vegan meal once in a blue moon won't kill you and admittedly, they make pretty tasty food!

Posted by: HeavyHitter ()
Date: June 18, 2015 11:44PM

I see it as the world taking a step in the right direction. McDonald's is losing money and Amy's is opening a drive-thru restaurant. In twenty years I suspect that we'll have seen remarkable progress toward a more raw/vegan world. I can't wait!

Kiwibird Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Amy's sells mostly vegetarian products (most have
> dairy) in the stores. I used to eat their products
> every once in a while when I was a vegetarian and
> my husband really likes their foods. They are,
> overall, not the worst for you veg food out there.
> It's great to hear they will be offering plenty of
> vegan options in their restaurant instead of just
> vegetarian though! Heck, if I'm ever in California
> (not that I would be), I might even give their
> restaurant a trysmiling smiley A cooked vegan meal once in a
> blue moon won't kill you and admittedly, they make
> pretty tasty food!

Posted by: Kiwibird ()
Date: June 19, 2015 10:50PM

I see it as the world taking a step in the right direction. McDonald's is losing money and Amy's is opening a drive-thru restaurant. In twenty years I suspect that we'll have seen remarkable progress toward a more raw/vegan world. I can't wait!

Me too! I think people are finally waking up and realizing being veg/vegan isn't going to make you weak and sickly (quite the opposite actually!) and that the food is actually very delicious. I think the world is gearing up for something of a plant-based revolution.Not sure about raw foodism catching on big-time anytime soon, but the plant-based movement is definitely picking up steam. Back when I first went veg, about the best option (fast food speaking) was BK offered a veggie burger (that was not vegan), and most restaurants had nothing meat free/vegan besides salad. Now, there are plenty of vegan restaurants. I'm not sure where else they are located, but here in Portland theres a chain restaurant (similar to like an apple bees type environment) called "Veggie Grill" that only serves 100% vegan food-[veggiegrill.com] I have to admit, I miss eating there since going raw (though I might still consider it once or twice a yearwinking smiley).

Posted by: HeavyHitter ()
Date: June 20, 2015 01:55AM

This video is about "the vegan explosion" in Warsaw, Poland where they now have over 20 vegan restaurants...[www.youtube.com]

I recently learned that Subway has a vegan menu. It'm sure that it's junk, but it's progress. [cok.net]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables