Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Quotes
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 24, 2015 03:43AM

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -Thomas Paine

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Quotes
Date: December 24, 2015 11:02AM

I don't think I'm alarmist. I'm more disappointed by the euphemisms in some instances than outright bigotry. Now, to me, you walk around with a Klan hat on or you've got a swastika on you arm, you just look like a dope, you know what I mean?

Date: December 25, 2015 02:10AM

On the KKK

"There are different Klans ­­ just like there are different fraternities in college."

Can you adress this quote Jr sounds nuts to me tell me he didnot say this???

Date: October 02, 2016 02:18PM

SUN GLARE THROUGH THE HEART

HO CHI MINH

Date: December 20, 2016 11:26AM

The time will come when diligent research over long periods will bring to light things which now lie hidded. a single lifetime, even though entirely devoted to the sky, would not be enough for the investigation of so vast a subject...And so this knowledge will be unfolded only through long successive ages.There will come a time when our descendants will be amazed that we did not know things that are so plain to them...Many discoveries are reserved for ages still to come, when memory of us will have been effaced. Our universe is a sorry little affair unless it has in it somthing for every age to investigate... Nature does not reveal her mysteries once and for all.
_Seneca, Natural Questions,
Book 7, first century

Date: December 26, 2016 07:19AM

I feel like im dying, But I always feel that way when im being born

not sure where that quote came from but I like it. it speaks for me

Date: January 10, 2017 03:20AM

"The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his state of mind."--William James

Date: February 25, 2017 12:18PM

Carl Sagan
“The nuclear arms race is like two sworn enemies standing waist deep in gasoline, one with three matches, the other with five.”

Now we have blow torch Trump, Quote Zippy- ARE WE SAFE YET?

World War Three, by Mistake
Harsh political rhetoric, combined with the vulnerability of the nuclear command-and-control system, has made the risk of global catastrophe greater than ever.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 12:24PM by riverhousebill.

Date: February 26, 2017 01:23PM

Ariel Conn: Richard Nixon’s depression is the scariest to me because that’s something that could happen at any time to any president. It’s not dependent on external conflicts with other countries, but internal, personal conflicts that the rest of the world may or may not know about. As mental health becomes a more recognized issue, it’s increasingly apparent that no one can really be trusted with nuclear weapons.

Date: March 04, 2017 08:52AM

I have... a terible need...shall I say the word?...religion.
Then I go out at night and paint the stars.
Vincent van Gogh -

Date: March 24, 2017 03:38AM

“If there was an observer on Mars, they would probably be amazed that we have survived this long. There are two problems for our species' survival - nuclear war and environmental catastrophe - and we're hurtling towards them. Knowingly. This hypothetical Martian would probably conclude that human beings were an evolutionary error.”
Noam Chomsky

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 03:38AM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: jtprindl ()
Date: March 27, 2017 02:09AM

Losers quit when they fail. Winners fail until they succeed.

www.phytopanacea.com

Date: May 26, 2017 10:24AM

Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. ~ John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Date: June 02, 2017 05:09AM

Quote by Judi Bari, an American environmentalist and labor leader, a feminist, and the principal organizer of Earth First!: "I think if we don't overthrow capitalism, we don't have a chance of saving the world ecologically,"

Date: August 09, 2017 12:41AM

The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as now they look upon the murder of men.
- Leonardo da Vinci

The world will never have peace until we can respect all the lifes of thinking animals. rhb

Date: August 09, 2017 12:42AM

The time will come when men such as I will look upon the murder of animals as now they look upon the murder of men.
- Leonardo da Vinci

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: August 09, 2017 12:52AM

Date: August 23, 2017 10:28AM

The Confederate Flag Is for Losers

The Confederate flag ticks me off because it represents the losers. As an athlete, I love the quote, “no one ever remembers who comes in second.” That saying always motivated me because it is true. How dare the supporters of the losers of the Civil War (the States that wanted to preserve slavery and the continued dehumanization of Blacks) suggest that they have a right to wave the flag on government grounds as a sense of pride. Of what are they proud?

Southern historian Gordon Rhea further wrote in 2011

Date: October 14, 2017 03:57AM

When the U.S. claims the right to invade any country unilaterally and then defines a country like Iran or North Korea as 'evil,' then it is a rational response for these countries to develop nuclear weapons as the only military deterrent to invasion. We create what we most fear.

For the love of God, for the love of your children and of the civilization to which you belong, cease this madness. You are mortal men. You are capable of error. You have no right to hold in your hands -- there is no one wise enough and strong enough to hold in his hands -- destructive power sufficient to put an end to civilized life on a great portion of our planet.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/14/2017 04:04AM by riverhousebill.

Date: October 27, 2017 08:59AM

What a sad era when it is easier to smash
an atom than a prejudice
-Albert Einstein

Date: December 03, 2017 09:05AM

To paraphrase the Buddha — Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun; the moon; and the truth.

Date: December 22, 2017 10:29AM

When God created Republicans, he gave up on everything else.
- Frank Zappa

Date: December 29, 2017 01:05AM

Nowhere in the world, in no act of genocide, in no war, are so many people killed per minute, per hour and per day as those who are killed by hunger and poverty on our planet.

Fidel Castro

Date: January 13, 2018 02:15PM

My ancestors left @#$%& countries to come here, too. Peasant serfdom in Scotland. Famine-stricken Ireland.
What "@#$%& countries" did your ancestors come from?
— Christina Wilkie (@christinawilkie) January 11, 2018

Posted by: Horsea ()
Date: January 13, 2018 06:26PM

My ancestors left @#$%& countries to come here, too. Peasant serfdom in Scotland. Famine-stricken Ireland.

Yup. Those Europeans left their (somewhat) @#$%& countries to explore, clear and build a new land. With nothing but their bare hands. (Have you any idea, any at all, what it is like to clear land with no equipment, just your hands and a saw and a few other tools and if you were lucky, an ox? My great grandparents told me what it was like.) And what the explorers went through beggars belief. At least to those with at least a room-temperature IQ who bothers thinking about these things at all.

With their indescribably hard work and suffering they made that new land into a place that Africans and Asians just can't get enough of. They despise the descenants of the original founders - but they just can't stay away! How am I to interpret such strange behavior: hatred of the people who create and maintain the economic, social, legal and political systems that allow them to run their mouths in never-ending insult of their benefactors?

You could not do for 15 minutes what my ancestors did every day of their lives both in the old world and for many years in the new. No one handed them a thing.

Don't worry, Amerika is on its way to being the biggest @#$%& in the world - because of warmongering, empire building and greed - and Trump will have to eat his words. And liberals can keep patting themselves on the back for their "tolerance".

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: January 14, 2018 02:29AM

riverhousebill

Trump was speaking of Haiti, and yes, he misspoke - He should have said 'Haiti's a Hellhole.'

Corruption

How the Clinton Foundation Got Rich off Poor Haitians

[www.nationalreview.com]

Tom Fitton on the Clinton Foundation's history with Haiti

[www.knssradio.com]

And here's your @#$%& United Nations -

U.N. Peacekeepers Ran a Child Sex Ring in Haiti

It’s the latest country where blue helmets have sexually abused those they’re supposed to protect.

[foreignpolicy.com]

"United Nations peacekeepers in Haiti sexually abused nine children over a period of three years, an Associated Press investigation has found. It’s the latest in a long series of sex abuse scandals to plague U.N. peacekeeping missions worldwide.

From 2004 to 2007, 134 peacekeepers from Sri Lanka operated a child sex ring, luring children on the poverty-stricken island with candy and bits of cash, according to the AP. After a U.N. report incriminated them, most were sent home, but none faced jail time.

One victim told U.N. investigators, “I did not even have breasts,” according to the AP. Over a period of three years, beginning when she was 12 years old, she was forced to have sex with over 50 peacekeepers, the AP said.

The blue helmets first came to Haiti in 2004, after a rebellion saw Haitian President Jean-Bertrand Aristide ousted.

There’s little doubt sexual abuse has become a systemic problem among peacekeepers. To date, there have been over 2,000 allegations of sexual abuse, 300 of those involving children, according to the AP report. But due to legal restrictions, the U.N. is not permitted to punish perpetrators, a responsibility which is left to host countries in places where those governments are often neither capable nor willing to bother.

The U.N first commissioned a report on sexual abuse among its peacekeeping forces more than 10 years ago, but little was done to effectively stop it. In 2016, the U.N. mission in the Central African Republic became embroiled in reports that more than 100 people had faced sexual abuse at the hands of peacekeepers.

Some have accused the U.N. of taking no action in the face of sex abuse reports, what former U.N. investigator Peter Gallo referred to as an “‘out of sight, out of mind’ strategy.” In June 2016, Anders Kompass, a child sex abuse whistleblower at the U.N., resigned in frustration at the U.N.’s failure to adequately respond to allegations."

AP Exclusive: UN child sex ring left victims but no arrests

[www.apnews.com]

"PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti (AP) — In the ruins of a tropical hideaway where jetsetters once sipped rum under the Caribbean sun, the abandoned children tried to make a life for themselves. They begged and scavenged for food, but they never could scrape together enough to beat back the hunger, until the U.N. peacekeepers moved in a few blocks away.

The men who came from a far-away place and spoke a strange language offered the Haitian children cookies and other snacks. Sometimes they gave them a few dollars. But the price was high: The Sri Lankan peacekeepers wanted sex from girls and boys as young as 12."

Human Trafficking & Modern-day Slavery

[gvnet.com]

How traffickers exploit children in Haiti's orphanages

[www.cnn.com]

Crime, Corruption, Exploitation - So yeah - it's @#$%& people who ruin these countries.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2018 02:47AM by Jennifer.

Date: January 14, 2018 08:00AM

Trump’s defenders are willfully ignoring the broader context of his “@#$%&” comments.

Jennifer is a fine example, She even changes what the Democrate and Republicans who were there heard said

Horsea, Can you believe what people will say to defend this racist President?

He Miss spoke, Give me a freakin break Jennifer

He was speaking of of Hati, Ok jennifer so why does he say @#$%& NATIONS
Nation with an s on the end?
Talk about denialism WOW great example.

Date: January 14, 2018 08:52AM

Sen. Tim Scott: Sen. Graham confirmed Trump's reported 's---hole' quote was accurate

By John Bowden - 01/12/18 01:14 PM EST

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.) said Friday that his fellow South Carolina Sen. Lindsay Graham (R), who attended a bipartisan meeting with President Trump and lawmakers Thursday, confirmed a Washington Post account of Trump's remarks calling Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations "@#$%& countries."

Scott, the Senate's lone black Republican, told The Post and Courier on Friday that Graham confirmed the newspaper's account of the conversation, which Scott said he found "incredibly disappointing."

“We ought not to disparage any other nation, frankly," Scott said. "Thinking about the success of America. It is the melting pot. It’s the ability to weave together multiple communities together for one nation.”

Graham reportedly challenged Trump on the comments, according to an account of the meeting earlier Friday from Democratic Sen. Dick Durbin (Ill.).
"My colleague [Graham] spoke up and made a direct comment on what the president said,” Durbin said, according to MSNBC. “For him to confront the president as he did, literally sitting next to him, took extraordinary political courage and I respect him for it."

Like many Democrats, Durbin went further than his Republican colleagues, calling the president's Thursday remarks "racist."

“In the course of his comments, [Trump] said things that were hate-filled, vile and racist,” Durbin told reporters on Friday. “I cannot believe in this history of the White House, in that Oval Office, any president has ever spoken the words that I personally heard our president speak yesterday.”

The White House did not immediately deny the remarks in a statement Thursday, but Trump issued an early-morning denial on Twitter, accusing Democrats of making the story up.

"Never said anything derogatory about Haitians other than Haiti is, obviously, a very poor and troubled country. Never said “take them out.” Made up by Dems. I have a wonderful relationship with Haitians. Probably should record future meetings — unfortunately, no trust!" Trump tweeted Friday

Date: January 15, 2018 12:52AM

riverhousebill
Trump’s defenders are willfully ignoring the broader context of his “@#$%&” comments.

Jennifer is a fine example, She even changes what the Democrate and Republicans who were there heard said

Wrong, I'm not a 'Trump defender'.

Although I fail to see how he's 'Racist'. Because he called some countries '@#$%&' that doesn't mean he's 'Racist'. It means he's saying those countries are undesirable countries. They are undesirable countries to live in. That doesn't make someone 'Racist' to state that fact.

If those countries are so great, how about you and whoever thinks they're great countries go live there.

Nation with an s on the end
?

I'll give you that I should have said the word 'Initially'. Trump initially was speaking of Haiti and then he threw in some other undesirable countries. And yes, no kidding, like I didn't know he was talking about 'countries' plural. But I was talking about Haiti singular/individually.

So to be clear, I said - "Trump was speaking of Haiti"
And I should have said "Trump was initially speaking of Haiti."

And my whole rant was about what a craphole country Haiti is. That does not make me racist, btw. Unless you're a Liberal.

I wasn't even aware that Trump's '@#$%& countries' remark had morphed in the Lib spin world as 'Trump's a Racist', but of course it would because everyone who isn't a Lib is 'Racist'. Christian's are racist, Southerners are racists, Whites are racist, Republicans are racist, etc. ad nauseum...

Only Libs and all minorities are not 'Racist'...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2018 12:54AM by Jennifer.

Date: January 15, 2018 01:02AM

riverhousebill

He Miss spoke, Give me a freakin break Jennifer

Nation with an s on the end?
Talk about denialism WOW great example.

Wait - so what am I denying exactly?

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables