Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

VIDEO: The Obstacle is the Way
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: January 27, 2016 11:20PM

[www.youtube.com]

VIDEO: 49:41

Google talk: Ryan Holiday visited Google LA to discuss his book "The Obstacle is the Way: The Timeless Art of Turning Trials into Triumphs." This talk took place on May 28, 2014.

The book draws its inspiration from stoicism, the ancient Greek philosophy of enduring pain or adversity with perseverance and resilience. Stoics focus on the things they can control, let go of everything else, and turn every new obstacle into an opportunity to get better, stronger, tougher. As Marcus Aurelius put it nearly 2000 years ago: “The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way.”

Ryan Holiday shows us how some of the most successful people in history—from John D. Rockefeller to Amelia Earhart to Ulysses S. Grant to Steve Jobs—have applied stoicism to overcome difficult or even impossible situations. Their embrace of these principles ultimately mattered more than their natural intelligence, talents, or luck.

If you’re feeling frustrated, demoralized, or stuck in a rut, this book can help you turn your problems into your biggest advantages. And along the way it will inspire you with dozens of true stories of the greats from every age and era.

book: [www.amazon.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VIDEO: The Obstacle is the Way
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: January 28, 2016 04:16PM

Thanks Panchito,

The Obstacle is the Way is my way of saying that we can turn Obstacles into Motivators or Antagonizors can become Facilitators whenever we become Willing to do what we were previously Unwilling to do. So when it comes to the Performance Equation, the Problems of Knowledge or the Obstacles, Blockers and Antagonizors are going to Limit our Performance while the Facilitators, Motivators and Multipliers are going to Enhance our Performance.

In fact, I briefly mention how “our Performance can actually be enhanced if we can turn those Obstacles where we are Unwilling into Facilitators where we are Willing” in one of my Videos below.

[youtu.be]
1:05 MM
Remember, there are Millions of Pieces within this Puzzle. I could say, OK, let me add 14 more Pieces on to this and make it 295 Pieces, but where do we stop? The point here is I didn’t assign them Whole Numbers for a reason. They’re not as important as the Willingness Factors because the Willingness Factors not only can strike twice, but our Belief System and, therefore, our Performance can actually be enhanced if we can turn those Obstacles where we are Unwilling into Facilitators where we are Willing.

So if you want to take a quick look at the Performance Equation to digress for a moment, our Performance = or our +C and –C = 22-35, that’s our Knowledge, Limited by or Divided by Pieces 2-21, as well as well as Pieces 51-60 and then, that’s going to be Multiplied by Pieces 51-57 because we can turn those Obstacles into Facilitators. But right now, we have to make it through the Doorway first and when we do, we get into the 2nd Stage of Knowledge.

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables