Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Are we really all made of stardust?
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 22, 2016 07:16AM

physics.org, your guide to physics on the web
Institute of Physics
Physics news

ccccc

We are all made of stardust. It sounds like a line from a poem, but there is some solid science behind this statement too: almost every element on Earth was formed at the heart of a star.

Next time you’re out gazing at stars twinkling in the night sky, spare a thought for the tumultuous reactions they play host to. It’s easy to forget that stars owe their light to the energy released by nuclear fusion reactions at their cores. These are the very same reactions which created chemical elements like carbon or iron - the building blocks which make up the world around us.

After the Big Bang, tiny particles bound together to form hydrogen and helium. As time went on, young stars formed when clouds of gas and dust gathered under the effect of gravity, heating up as they became denser. At the stars’ cores, bathed in temperatures of over 10 million degrees C, hydrogen and then helium nuclei fused to form heavier elements. A reaction known as nucleosynthesis.

This reaction continues in stars today as lighter elements are converted into heavier ones. Relatively young stars like our Sun convert hydrogen to produce helium, just like the first stars of our universe. Once they run out of hydrogen, they begin to transform helium into beryllium and carbon. As these heavier nuclei are produced, they too are burnt inside stars to synthesise heavier and heavier elements. Different sized stars play host to different fusion reactions, eventually forming everything from oxygen to iron.

During a supernova, when a massive star explodes at the end of its life, the resulting high energy environment enables the creation of some of the heaviest elements including iron and nickel. The explosion also disperses the different elements across the universe, scattering the stardust which now makes up planets including Ear

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Are we really all made of stardust?
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 23, 2016 10:30PM

I like that riverhouse. Thanks for the info.

Question, (if you don't mind, of course): Did you live in a house by a river?

Date: December 23, 2016 11:22PM

suncloud
I like that riverhouse. Thanks for the info.

Question, (if you don't mind, of course): Did you live in a house by a river?

Yes on the headwaters of the Mattole river in northern Ca. it is a north flowing river, not to many of those. it is not very impared like most rivers in usa, much restoration work with love, A GEM!
I lived in and owned Gopherville Ca for forty years on to recent time I moved to Lucrene Ca on Clearlake Ca. Cas largest Lake very nice but grately Impared.
I got name rivehouse bill because we had Two dollar bill, four coners bill and mayor Bill all on the same 80 acres. I grew pot comercial for over forty years there, new crowd today all about money, Home invasions murder out of control today. We still up in the Emerald Triangle have the highest rate of Activist anywhere in Amerika. I was part of core group Earth First. Largest setelment from FBI for wronging our group in US history goggle who bombed Judy Bari. Epic Envirmental Protection information center. We where Redwood Summer group. Also Im a life Member of the Aliance of Atomic Veterans, Was very active at Test site Mercury. Earth Fisrt and Epic have saved many thosands of acres over the decades.
We the Alince are the reason we no longer do testing of Nuclear bombs at Test Site Mercury. My batteries have been charged by the sucesse we had in our eforts.
I wish everyone knew of the powers they realy have thru activism.
But Like the 14th Dali Lama says. if you work many years for a cause and see no results- No Hard feelings.
Im a combat vet of the American war on vietnam, I dont fear much in this world ecept Nuclear energy and wepons. This Guy trump truely scares me yesterday you might have heard him say let the arms race begin. We spend 2 millon an hour 48 millon a day just to mantian arsenal. Insane as it gets. Go to other than health post and read Carl Sagans After nuclear war I posted. A little long but the most clear picture greastest danger to mankind. lets hurry and get this nut out and fight for our home. We all need to pay our rent to Mother Earth, we are in the rear and facing eviction peace and healing to all rhb

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2016 11:31PM by riverhousebill.

Date: December 24, 2016 01:02AM

That's why my respect for you riverhouse is over the moon.

Not that I'm personally a big fan of the kine, but your words resonate. And I remember Judy Bari (and how she was killed by a bomb in her car) - no phony conspiracy theory. The FBI copped to it and had to pay that huge settlement. And I remember Earth First, Redwood Summer, and the nuclear test site outside Las Vegas.

I haven't been as active as you of course, but my respect for your passion and commitment to something actually REAL, is over the moon.

Yes, I heard trump; and I'm in the generation of children who were told to hide under our desks at school - to keep us safe from nukes uh huh - and who were later maimed and killed in an unjust war (although we were not considered old enough to vote).

In the years since, it seems many of us have been successfully distracted by internet and cell phone folly, away from the very real issues that have always continued to matter. Well now I guess we may all be paying a very heavy price, at least for a while. Hopefully not forever if enough of us decide to wise up.

Date: December 24, 2016 03:50AM

Judy did not die from the bombing directly, Although it cripeld her shatertwd her spine. she died of breast cancer not to long after but not before she reserched COINTEL the dirty tricks department of the FBI And busted them.Bomb was under her seat in car, blew up her butt shatterd spine. Under arrest in hospital first thing she said to FBI and Oakland police coming out of coma called cops And Rhicard Helms FBI dirty trickster over to bedside and said You Guys Blew the wrong end up.
Who Bombed Judy Bari? We know your out there still. Have you seen her cripled body or the spirit you could not Kill. Recntly FBI petiction court asking to destroy evidense Our Lawyers asked judge to preserve evidense beacuse of DNA. Judge agreed.FBI did not bomb her direct they created the air so someone would step up to do it for them and big lumber.
FBI tryed to make Earthfirst look like wacko violent movement in order to stop it.
thats why Oakland federal court awarded 6 million dollar judgement against those pigs. Jury wanted to award 25 millon but judge went with six The lies by FBI Cointel
went way to far. It galvinised our movement thousands came to support us after they blew it. Our Demockery. If you are an effetive activist and go against corpate America you may be killed. Cointel is the same group who payed millions for killing assination of black Panthers Richrard Helm Direted.
FBI payed Judy Bari and Darl Chernie because they were convicted of planting false evidense a lot of it. When bomb went off in car while they were in route UC Berkly to UC Sata Cruz in Oakland guesse who the first responders at bombing were? No other but rhichard helm and Oakland police who atentened bomb school held on Lumber Co land two weeks before. Judy said it was like he was standing around the conner with his fingers in his ears.. they were on scene of bombing within minutes. Bomb school was about car bombs 99 percent of car bombs are placed on exterier of cars. but this school was on interier car bomb placement
Judy Told Helm I want you guys to go out and find the Bomber Then Fire them.
What an amazing person Judy Bari. I feel so honord to have known her. Miss her very much. And thats just the tip of this whole thing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 03:57AM by riverhousebill.

Date: December 24, 2016 04:13AM

Thanks for filling in on the details riverhouse. I do remember some now. I remember the FBI tried to say she and Darryl were carrying the bomb deliberately en route to committing some violent act. The bomb was under Judy's seat, and after the bomb went off, they were both arrested.

I didn't know Judy died of breast cancer later. So unfortunate. She was a hero for her cause, and a very brave woman. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 04:16AM by suncloud.

Date: December 24, 2016 07:22AM

Thankyou suncloud, yes they were arrested for blowing themself up. Alameda District attorney said no grounds for them to be charged. Cointel wanted to convict in press, not a court law.that would not work for them with the lies and phonie evidense
Judy was getting daily death threats, she complained to Mendocino sherrif, He responed saying Judy if they kill you we will investagate. It was a good old boy network in northern ca then most Das cops were in lumber co pockits
I was assalted with media wittness and da refused to charge had acul lawyer.
Media was told if they cooperated they would be fired and thats what did happen. But in the end we took that good ole boy network down got real District attorneys elected. and sherriffs. We used to call it the Deep North.
Another time Judy with her two chidren in car were hit wth loging truck and almost killed. I could go on and on about the level of corruption then in the deep north.
We had many people hurt. David Gypsy Chain was murderd by A E Amain a loger with Paciif Lumber co. who yelled to david put your hard hat on im sending this one your way droped tree on young david knocked his head off. Da wanted very much to charge but crime scene was destroyed . Never forget that young man! with Earth first just a few weeks from Texas. Today Headwaters Forrest the worlds largest stand of redwoods is in place only because of Earth first. it would have been logged to infinity if not for the mass arrest of over two thousand folks who came out for Judy after Bombing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/24/2016 07:27AM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: December 24, 2016 08:52AM

Are we made from stardust?

<< We are all made of stardust. It sounds like a line from a poem, but there is some solid science behind this statement too: almost every element on Earth was formed at the heart of a star. >>

That means we are all poetry in motion. Good to know.

Date: December 25, 2016 01:05AM

quote la_varonique.
That means we are all poetry in motion. Good to know.

‘The Earth has made more than 4 billion circuits around the Sun since its origin (…) we have always been space travelers.’ – C. Sagan

Date: March 04, 2017 03:47AM

To make an apple pie you need wheat, A pinch of this and a pinch of that, And the heat of an oven. The ingradients are made of molecules---sugar, say, or water.
The moecules in turn, made of atoms---carbon, oxyegen, hydrogen and a few others,
Where do these atoms come from? Except for hydrogen, they are all made in the stars.
A star is a kind of cosmic kitchen inside which atoms of hydrogen are cooked into heavier atoms.
star condense from interstellar gas and dust, which are composed mostly of hydrogen.
But the hydrogen was made in the Big Bang, the explosion that began the cosmos.

If you wish to make an apple pie from scrath, you must first invent the universe.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables