Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trump on Nuclear War
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 10, 2017 04:07AM

Does Donald Trump Believe Nuclear War Is Inevitable?
The man about to take control of US nukes has a very fatalistic view.

David CornDec. 8, 2016 6:00 AM

In just seven weeks, a man known for being ill-tempered, thin-skinned, narcissistic, and erratic will take control of the US nuclear arsenal. Donald Trump will have the authority and power to launch any combination of the country's 4,500 nuclear weapons. At any time and for any reason he deems fit, Trump could destroy a nation and, through miscalculation, the world.

During the presidential campaign, he uttered several troubling statements about nuclear arms. At a Republican primary debate, he botched a question about the nuclear triad—America's system of sea-, air-, and land-based nuclear weapons—suggesting he did not understand the most basic information about the structure of the US nuclear command. (He babbled, "For me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me."winking smiley At other points in the campaign, Trump noted he would support allowing Japan, South Korea, and Saudi Arabia to obtain nuclear weapons and indicated he would be open to using such weapons against ISIS and in other conflicts.

What makes Trump's loose talk—and ignorance—about nuclear weapons particularly worrisome is that in the past, he has taken a fatalistic approach toward the notion of nuclear war. He has spoken as if he believed such a conflagration was almost inevitable. And now he is about to become one of the few humans on the planet who can decide the fate of the Earth.

Trump's fatalism regarding nuclear war goes back decades. During a 1990 interview with Playboy, he was asked about running for president (yes, even then) and to describe what "would be some of President Trump's longer-term views of the future." Trump replied, "I think of the future, but I refuse to paint it. Anything can happen. But I often think of nuclear war."

The interviewer, Glenn Plaskin, seemed surprise. "Nuclear war?" he asked. Trump explained:

I've always thought about the issue of nuclear war; it's a very important element in my thought process. It's the ultimate, the ultimate catastrophe, the biggest problem this world has, and nobody's focusing on the nuts and bolts of it. It's a little like sickness. People don't believe they're going to get sick until they do. Nobody wants to talk about it. I believe the greatest of all stupidities is people's believing it will never happen, because everybody knows how destructive it will be, so nobody uses weapons. What bullshit.

Plaskin asked, "Does any of that fuzzy thinking exist around the Trump office?" The mogul replied:

On a much lower level, I would never hire anybody who thinks that way, because he has absolutely no common sense. He's living in a world of make-believe. It's like thinking the Titanic can't sink. Too many countries have nuclear weapons; nobody knows where they're all pointed, what button it takes to launch them.

Bryce Vickmark/ZUMA; RomoloTavani/iStock; photoillustration by Ivylise Simones

In just seven weeks, a man known for being ill-tempered, thin-skinned, narcissistic, and erratic will take control of the US nuclear arsenal. Donald Trump will have the authority and power to launch any combination of the country's 4,500 nuclear weapons. At any time and for any reason he deems fit, Trump could destroy a nation and, through miscalculation, the world.

During the presidential campaign, he uttered several troubling statements about nuclear arms. At a Republican primary debate, he botched a question about the nuclear triad—America's system of sea-, air-, and land-based nuclear weapons—suggesting he did not understand the most basic information about the structure of the US nuclear command. (He babbled, "For me, nuclear is just the power, the devastation is very important to me."winking smiley At other points in the campaign, Trump noted he would support allowing Japan, South Korea, and Saudi Arabia to obtain nuclear weapons and indicated he would be open to using such weapons against ISIS and in other conflicts.

What makes Trump's loose talk—and ignorance—about nuclear weapons particularly worrisome is that in the past, he has taken a fatalistic approach toward the notion of nuclear war. He has spoken as if he believed such a conflagration was almost inevitable. And now he is about to become one of the few humans on the planet who can decide the fate of the Earth.

Trump's fatalism regarding nuclear war goes back decades. During a 1990 interview with Playboy, he was asked about running for president (yes, even then) and to describe what "would be some of President Trump's longer-term views of the future." Trump replied, "I think of the future, but I refuse to paint it. Anything can happen. But I often think of nuclear war."

The interviewer, Glenn Plaskin, seemed surprise. "Nuclear war?" he asked. Trump explained:

I've always thought about the issue of nuclear war; it's a very important element in my thought process. It's the ultimate, the ultimate catastrophe, the biggest problem this world has, and nobody's focusing on the nuts and bolts of it. It's a little like sickness. People don't believe they're going to get sick until they do. Nobody wants to talk about it. I believe the greatest of all stupidities is people's believing it will never happen, because everybody knows how destructive it will be, so nobody uses weapons. What bullshit.

Plaskin asked, "Does any of that fuzzy thinking exist around the Trump office?" The mogul replied:

On a much lower level, I would never hire anybody who thinks that way, because he has absolutely no common sense. He's living in a world of make-believe. It's like thinking the Titanic can't sink. Too many countries have nuclear weapons; nobody knows where they're all pointed, what button it takes to launch them.

ACTIVE or RadioActive--DISRUPT20 DC or your hometown.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2017 04:10AM by riverhousebill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trump on Nuclear War
Date: August 02, 2017 11:27AM

I think the Doomday clock just jumped a few seconds after hearing Trumps latest
Nuclear war-The death of death upon us?
we have two sworn enemys Trump and kim standing wasite deep in gasoline,
One has 3 matches the other five.
I think we are alive in a time when this could very well turn into end game with these unstable leaders. May the gods restrain them for they know not what they do!

Lindsey Graham: Trump “told me” he will bomb North Korea if it keeps testing missiles“If thousands die, they’re going to die over there.”

“This is madness,” Kingston Reif, the director for disarmament and threat reduction policy at the Arms Control Association, tweeted after seeing Graham’s comments. “Unhinged madness.”

The costs of a Korean war are nearly inconceivable

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2017 11:37AM by riverhousebill.

Re: Trump on Nuclear War
Date: October 15, 2017 11:36PM

“I Hate Everyone in the White House!”: Trump Seethes as Advisers Fear the President Is “Unraveling”

In recent days, I’ve spoken with a half dozen prominent Republicans and Trump advisers, and they all describe a White House in crisis as advisers struggle to contain a president who seems to be increasingly unfocused and consumed by dark moods.

Are you ready for the nuclear war?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables