Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The chickens are coming home to roost
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: November 21, 2017 03:21AM

Charlie Rose - lol

"Eight women have told The Washington Post that longtime television host Charlie Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas."

Anybody else finding the Sexual Harassment Exposés hilarious - tongue sticking out smiley

Growing List of Men Accused of Sexual Misconduct -

[www.nbcnews.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The chickens are coming home to roost
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: November 21, 2017 11:05AM

The Hollywood that assaults society's morals, rewards the assault of women's bodies through unhealthy cosmetic surgery, spends untold millions on the glorification of violent assault in films, is now drawing the line with sexual assault and harassment.

It's a step in the right direction.

Hilarious? No. Ironic, yes.

Date: November 21, 2017 02:49PM

Ironic, too, because they're of the persuasion who believes that anything goes sexually; if it feels good, do it. And interesting to watch the celebrity worshipers build up and then tear down their idols.

But when I heard and pictured Charlie Rose walking around naked in front of women and grabbing their butt cheeks, I laughed out loud. That's just my sense of humor smiling smiley

I'm sure the feminists aren't laughing, they're rejoicing smileys with beer

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: November 22, 2017 01:02PM

quote Jennifer-Anybody else finding the Sexual Harassment Exposés hilarious

No I dont find it funny at all, sexual assault funny?

And how about our Potus 16 women have claimeded to have been asuaulted by The Trumpkin.
Do you find that hilarious?
Sexual assault funny? wow, maybe you found quote by Hunt funny also?

Being raped, assaulted or harassed can dramatically alter the course of a person’s life. In addition to physical trauma, there are deep emotional scars that take years to heal or never heal at all. People feel shame and fear and confusion. Some people kill themselves after having been raped or assaulted. That’s not funny to me at all.

Let’s say this loud, so even the people in the back can hear us. RAPE. IS. NOT. FUNNY. Assault is not funny. Groping is not funny. Harassment is not funny. Stalking is not funny. Abuse is not funny. Pedophilia is not funny.

Obviously I’m not really the arbiter of what’s funny and what isn’t. Comedy is in the eye of the beholder. But I honestly can’t name a single decent person who thinks another person’s trauma is funny or a joke.

Here’s another thought: If you were at a party, drinking cheap beer and having a good time with your friends and then another person suddenly came at you with a hammer and broke your leg and possible maimed you forever, would that be funny to you?

Yeah, neither is sexual assault.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 01:29PM by riverhousebill.

Date: November 22, 2017 02:08PM

It's possible to have more than one reaction to an occurrence -

"Oh my god that's terrible!" but upon picturing a high-profile well-respected public figure/celebrity ...

... walking around naked in front of women

... grabbing a butt cheek

... tweeking a left boob

gotta laugh!

When I was like 11 my two-year-old sister tumbled downstairs and I burst out laughing because it looked so darn funny.

How about you see a 'fat' (are we allowed to say 'fat' these days) old lady slip on the ice and fall backward with her legs splayed up in the air and you see her old lady underwear, would your initial reaction be to split a gut... probably.

Of course I think it's also awful! You Thought police are so quick to jump on anyone who doesn't have what you consider the 'right' reaction.

Would you consider this 'Dangerous Speech' and I'll be thrown in the gulag, rhb?

Wait, it's not the speech, it's the wrong 'Emotional Reaction' - OMG. Now your (politically correct) side is policing other's 'Emotional Reactions'.

'Wowser'

Date: November 22, 2017 02:18PM

Jennifer you are busted by the thought police.

quote jennifer-Would you consider this 'Dangerous Speech' and I'll be thrown in the gulag, rhb?

Not at all dangerous speech,

maybe just a little a litlle hate speech on your part because you were called on that stupid comment- - Anybody else finding the Sexual Harassment Exposés hilarious.

When I was like 11 my two-year-old sister tumbled downstairs and I burst out laughing because it looked so darn funny.

Yes Jennifer I under stand how an eleven year old could think it funny,
But you are an adult?

How about you see a 'fat' (are we allowed to say 'fat' these days) old lady slip on the ice and fall backward with her legs splayed up in the air and you see her old lady underwear, would your initial reaction be to split a gut... probably.

Jennifer The fat lady fell having fun! yes even thought Police would laugh!
But their is nothing funyy about sexual assault, Nothing!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 02:44PM by riverhousebill.

Date: November 22, 2017 03:00PM

Geez, you're up early. What time is it where you're at?

Date: November 22, 2017 03:20PM

riverhousebill

maybe just a little a litlle hate speech on your part because you were called on that stupid comment- - Anybody else finding the Sexual Harassment Exposés hilarious.

Okay, okay, I will concede that the word 'hilarious' was a second thought. I was going to say 'funny', but the word 'hilarious' seemed to pack more of a punch...

But I stand by my premise - picturing upstanding old Charlie Rose and some others performing these colorful allegations is funny. To me and those visual-minded persons with a sense of humor.

'tweeking a left boob'
'squeezing a butt cheek'

lol smiling bouncing smiley

hehe - does my response provoke a Reaction of holier-than-thou righteousness in you?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2017 03:24PM by Jennifer.

Date: November 23, 2017 12:03AM

No holier than thou reation Jennifer, Words.
It was late when I posted, Im ahead of you jenniferits the 23rd here while its the 22 where you are.
International date line, Vietnam
peace and good day to you.

Date: November 29, 2017 03:38PM

Dare I continue with this issue ...

Matt Lauer!

Is anybody else (dare I ask that again) starting to say, "hmmm..."

The New York Times is -

The Limits of "Believe All Women"

[www.nytimes.com]

"In less than two months we’ve moved from uncovering accusations of criminal behavior (Harvey Weinstein) to criminalizing behavior that we previously regarded as presumptuous and boorish (Glenn Thrush). In a climate in which sexual mores are transforming so rapidly, many men are asking: If I were wrongly accused, who would believe me?

What we owe all people, including women, is to listen to them and to respect them and to take them seriously. But we don’t owe anyone our unthinking belief.

“Trust but verify” may not have the same ring as “believe all women.” But it’s a far better policy."

Likewise The New Yorker -

Sex, Consent, and the Dangers of “Misplaced Scale”

[www.newyorker.com]

"Glenn Thrush, a White House reporter for the Times, was suspended in advance of the publication of a story, by Vox, that described multiple instances in which Thrush made sexual advances toward younger women. In one, he kissed a woman on the ear (at the time, the woman seemed to have shrugged it off); in another, there was a consensual but aborted sexual encounter. All of the incidents appear to have involved consumption of alcohol, none occurred in the workplace, and none involved force. None of the women reported to Thrush, who, as a reporter (then at Politico), was nobody’s boss. The Times announced that it was suspending Thrush because of accusations of “inappropriate sexual behavior.” This is another example of “misplaced scale”: employers do not normally appoint themselves arbiters of appropriate behavior outside the workplace. It is hard to imagine a non-sexual example of non-work-related behavior that would get a reporter preëmptively suspended in the absence of any crime or misdemeanor."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2017 03:40PM by Jennifer.

Date: November 30, 2017 02:32AM

Here's the skinny on what went down at Peyton Place -

Matt Lauer Accused of Sexual Harassment by Multiple Women

[variety.com]

Date: December 14, 2017 02:53AM

Wow, I haven't been keeping up with this sexual harassment/assault thing, but just saw these two -

Russell Simmons -

[www.msn.com]

Tavis Smiley - guess he's not smiling now...

Looks like sexual 'misconduct' has been running rampant at PBS -

[www.msn.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables