Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Real Story on the '@#$%&' Countries Comment
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: January 16, 2018 02:14AM

So what happened in Lib World was that there was an immigration meeting. Afterward Lib Dem Dick Durbin announced that Trump said the word '@#$%&' to describe some countries in Africa. The Lib Media pounced on the allegation without checking facts and spread the lie. Trump was branded by the Libs as "Racist". Soon the whole world had accepted as fact that Trump called some African countries '@#$%&' countries.

After four days of spreading the Trump '@#$%&' countries smear, others who were at the same meeting were interviewed and lo and behold -

Dick Durbin lied. Trump did not use the word '@#$%&' to describe some African countries.

None of the other five politicians in the room heard Trump say the word '@#$%&'. In fact they say that he did not say the word '@#$%&'.

Oh, and here's the kicker -

Dick Durbin has a History of Lying About What is Said at Meetings...

Durbin lied about what happened in a White House meeting under the Obama administration -

'I cannot even stand to look at you'

[www.politico.com]

"The No. 2 Democrat in the Senate, Sen. Dick Durbin, said in a Facebook post that a House Republican leader told off President Barack Obama during a negotiation meeting, and that GOP leaders are so disrespectful it’s practically impossible to have a conversation with them.

But Wednesday afternoon, both the White House and House speaker’s office denied his claims.

“In a ‘negotiation’ meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told the president: ‘I cannot even stand to look at you,’” Durbin wrote in a post on his Facebook page over the weekend."

Carney: Durbin quote 'did not happen.'

[www.politico.com]

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-IL) accused President Donald Trump on Friday of referring to African countries as "s***holes" during a meeting that they both attended on Thursday.

Durbin told reporters that what Trump said was "hate-filled, vile and racist," adding that "the most disheartening thing to me is my belief that that was the first time words that hateful had been spoken in the Oval Office of the White House."

There's just one problem with Durbin's claims: He has a history of making up statements from private White House meetings.

In 2013, Politico reported:

“In a ‘negotiation’ meeting with the president, one GOP House Leader told [President Barack Obama]: ‘I cannot even stand to look at you,’” Durbin wrote in a post on his Facebook page over the weekend.

However, both the White House and the House speaker’s office denied Durbin’s account of events.

Asked about the post in the White House daily briefing, press secretary Jay Carney said he checked with a participant of the meeting in question.

“I looked into this and spoke with somebody who was in that meeting and it did not happen,” Carney said.

Politico added that Durbin's office "had no comment on the post and offered no further details."

"Sen. Durbin’s accusation is a serious one, and it appears to have been invented out of thin air," said Brendan Buck, spokesman for then-House Speaker John Boehner. "The senator should disclose who told him this account of events, retract his reckless allegation immediately, and apologize."

So Dick Durbin is not only not a credible witness, but he's a proven Liar about what takes place at White House Meetings.

Yet another example of Lies, Spinning and Twisting by the Libs that becomes The Narrative and will go down in history as fact.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Real Story on the '@#$%&' Countries Comment
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 16, 2018 02:37PM

Quote Jennifer-stop smearing me as a Trump supporter,

Ok Jennifer, But with post like the one you started with here,
Well it just looks a teeny bit like a support rebuttal for
potty mouth.
But maybe like fresh would say it just looks that way but not so.

Note the number of people now who confirm this Washington Post News
Story.

Note the Racism!
Note what people around him said about his mental state at meeting.
I think its very clear the man is whackado and coming unglued.
Countdown to cracker factory!

To paraphrase the Buddha — Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun; the moon; and the truth.

(WASHINGTONPOST)

Politics
Inside the tense, profane White House meeting on immigration

1:19

Trump: 'I am not a racist'

President Trump on Jan. 14, said "I am not a racist" and blamed Democrats for the delay in passing deal on the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. (The Washington Post)
By Josh Dawsey, Robert Costa and Ashley Parker January 15 at 8:48 PM
When President Trump spoke by phone with Sen. Richard J. Durbin around 10:15 a.m. last Thursday, he expressed pleasure with Durbin’s outline of a bipartisan immigration pact and praised the high-ranking Illinois Democrat’s efforts, according to White House officials and congressional aides.
The president then asked if Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.), his onetime foe turned ally, was on board, which Durbin affirmed. Trump invited the lawmakers to visit with him at noon, the people familiar with the call said.
But when they arrived at the Oval Office, the two senators were surprised to find that Trump was far from ready to finalize the agreement. He was “fired up” and surrounded by hard-line conservatives such as Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.), who seemed confident that the president was now aligned with them, according to one person with knowledge of the meeting.
Trump told the group he wasn’t interested in the terms of the bipartisan deal that Durbin and Graham had been putting together. And as he shrugged off suggestions from Durbin and others, the president called nations from Africa “@#$%& countries,” denigrated Haiti and grew angry. The meeting was short, tense and often dominated by loud cross-talk and swearing, according to Republicans and Democrats familiar with the meeting. 

Trump’s ping-ponging from dealmaking to feuding, from elation to fury, has come to define the contentious immigration talks between the White House and Congress, perplexing members of both parties as they navigate the president’s vulgarities, his combativeness and his willingness to suddenly change his position. The blowup has derailed those negotiations yet again and increased the possibility of a government shutdown over the fate of hundreds of thousands of young undocumented immigrants known as “dreamers.”

This account of the events surrounding Thursday’s explosive meeting is based on interviews with more than a dozen White House officials, Capitol Hill aides and lawmakers. 
The fight has left congressional leaders unsure of whether they will eventually come to an agreement. Some remain optimistic that Trump can be walked back to the political center and will cut a deal that expands border security while protecting those under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program, which Trump has ordered ended.

“The president is indispensable to getting a deal,” Graham said in an interview. “Time will tell.”

2:09

'Hate-filled, vile and racist': Lawmakers react to Trump's '@#$%&' remarks

As President Trump denied calling Haiti and African countries '@#$%& countries,' Sen. Richard J. Durbin (D-Ill.) confirmed and condemned his language. (Video: Jenny Starrs/Photo: Jabin Botsford/The Washington Post)

Last Thursday was a critical moment in the stalled negotiations, revealing the president’s priorities even as the discussion fell apart.
Trump complained that there wasn’t enough money included in the deal for his promised wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. He also objected that Democratic proposals to adjust the visa lottery and federal policy for immigrants with temporary protected status were going to drive more people from countries he deemed undesirable into the United States instead of attracting immigrants from places like Norway and Asia, people familiar with the meeting said.

Attendees who were alarmed by the racial undertones of Trump’s remarks were further disturbed when the topic of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC) came up, these people said.
At one point, Durbin told the president that members of that caucus — an influential House group — would be more likely to agree to a deal if certain countries were included in the proposed protections, according to people familiar with the meeting.

Trump was curt and dismissive, saying he was not making immigration policy to cater to the CBC and did not particularly care about that bloc’s demands, according to people briefed on the meeting. “You’ve got to be joking,” one adviser said, describing Trump’s reaction.
White House Chief of Staff John F. Kelly was in the room and was largely stone-faced, not giving any visible reaction when Trump said “@#$%& countries” or when he said Haitians should not be part of any deal, White House advisers said.
At one point, Graham told Trump he should use different language to discuss immigration, people briefed on the meeting said. 
As Trump batted back the Democrats, he was urged on by Republican lawmakers. Rep. Bob Goodlatte (R-Va.) told Graham and Durbin their proposal would not fly, and he told the group they should instead embrace his more conservative bill. Durbin was not interested, White House officials said. 
After Graham left, he told associates that he was disturbed by what he heard in the Oval Office, according to people who spoke with him, and that it was evident the deal’s antagonists had gotten to Trump. Graham and Durbin also told allies that they were stunned that the other lawmakers were present — and that Trump’s tone seemed so different than it had been days or even hours before, according to people close to them. 

Graham declined to comment on the president’s reported obscenity. He has told others in his circle that commenting would only hurt the chance of a deal and that he wants to keep a relationship with the president.
There had initially been hope for the Thursday meeting. Trump had told lawmakers during a partially televised session two days earlier that he was flexible. “I’ll sign it,” he said Tuesday of whatever bill was brought to him. He even said he would be willing to lock the door of the Cabinet room if they wanted to negotiate at the White House, according to people who heard his comments.
Trump went on to say at the earlier meeting that he wanted a deal and that even those in the conservative House Freedom Caucus should work with Durbin. In the hours and days afterward, a bipartisan group of senators — Graham, Durbin, Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), Robert Menendez (D-N.J.), and Sens. Michael F. Bennet (D) and Cory Gardner (R) of Colorado — began meeting and broadly agreed to a proposal.
But some White House officials, including conservative adviser Stephen Miller, feared that Graham and Durbin would try to trick Trump into signing a bill that was damaging to him and would hurt him with his political base. As word trickled out Thursday morning on Capitol Hill that Durbin and Graham were heading over to the White House, legislative affairs director Marc Short began to make calls to lawmakers and shared many of Miller’s concerns.
Soon, Goodlatte, one of the more conservative House members on immigration, was headed to the White House. Trump also called House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) and asked him to come, McCarthy said. Sens. David Perdue (R-Ga.) and Cotton were also invited to rush over.

3:12

How Trump’s ‘@#$%&’ comment matches with his past statements on immigrants

The Fix’s Eugene Scott explains how Trump’s “@#$%& countries” comment is the latest example of his history of demeaning statements on nonwhite immigrants. (Video: Bastien Inzaurralde/Photo: Matt McClain/The Washington Post)

In the late morning, before Durbin and Graham arrived, Kelly — who had already been briefed on the deal — talked to Trump to tell him that the proposal would probably not be good for his agenda, White House officials said. Kelly, a former secretary of homeland security, has taken an increasingly aggressive and influential role in the immigration negotiations, calling lawmakers and meeting with White House aides daily — more than he has on other topics. He has “very strong feelings,” in the words of one official. But he’s not a lone voice. Trump in recent weeks has also been talking more to conservatives such as Rep. Mark Meadows (R-N.C.) on immigration, these people said.
White House officials say Kelly is determined to secure a deal on dreamers and border security and has told Trump that the southwestern border is worse than it was a few years ago — and that he can be the president to change the status quo.
““Once we saw what was going on in the meeting a few days earlier, we were freaked out,” said immigration hard-liner Mark Krikorian, who runs the Center for Immigration Studies. Trump, he said, “has hawkish instincts on immigration, but they aren’t well-developed, and he hasn’t ever been through these kind of legislative fights.”
After the Thursday meeting, Trump began telling allies that the proposal was a “terrible deal for me,” according to a friend he spoke with, and that Kelly and other aides and confidants were correct in advising him to back away.
“It wasn’t a serious proposal. It was not viewed as a serious proposal because it did so little to address the immigration issues that the president has been vocal about,” said Meadows, who leads the conservative House Freedom Caucus. “It was, if I had to put it in a 1-to-10 range, with 10 being the most conservative and 1 being the most liberal, I would give it a 2.5.”
Trump was not particularly upset by the coverage of the meeting and his vulgarity after it was first reported by The Washington Post, calling friends and asking how they expected it to play with his political supporters, aides said.
“Everyone was saying it would help with the base,” which would agree with his characterization, one person who spoke with the president said.
By Thursday evening, many White House aides were concerned that the story was exploding beyond the usual level for a Trump controversy, but they carried on with their plans for the night: a send-off for deputy national security adviser Dina Powell, a former Goldman Sachs executive and ally of Jared Kushner and Ivanka Trump. Nearly every top official ducked into the exclusive Italian restaurant Cafe Milano in Georgetown to toast Powell. There was little effort to significantly push back on the story that night because aides knew that Trump had said it and that the president wasn’t even too upset, according to people involved in the talks.
Then Friday morning, Trump appeared to suggest in a tweet that he had not used the objectionable word at all: “The language used by me at the DACA meeting was tough, but this was not the language used.”
Three White House officials said Perdue and Cotton told the White House that they heard “shithouse” rather than “@#$%&,” allowing them to deny the president’s comments on television over the weekend. The two men initially said publicly that they could not recall what the president said.
Representatives for both men declined to comment.
Going forward, a path to an immigration deal remains hazy.
“I expect that we’ll get more Republican support for the proposal because it’s really the only game in town. I expect there will be more negotiations — we didn’t write the Bible,” Graham said Monday. “We wrote a proposal that over time we can make it better.”

The story must be told.
Your subscription supports journalism that matters.
Try 1 month for $1
Meadows said he and Goodlatte were working to add a merit-based immigration policy to their conservative version. He said a majority of Republicans were not going to line up behind Graham and Durbin and should instead rally behind his proposal, which is unlikely to win support from Democrats.
“Based on what they proposed originally, Durbin and Graham are running a marathon, and they’re only in Mile 2,” Meadows said.  

Philip Rucker contributed to this report.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2018 03:23PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 17, 2018 12:42AM

Date: January 17, 2018 12:47AM

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: January 17, 2018 02:09AM

Prana, do you know that bill and hillary went to a voodoo ceremony in haiti where someone bit off a living chicken's head and got possessed, and Bill seemed to respect it?

[www.washingtonpost.com]

And then bill would tell the press that hillary talks to Eleanor roosevelt

[www.snopes.com]

[www.breitbart.com]

So if hillary truly believes in spirits, why would she support a book that was dedicated to lucifer by saul alinsky?

Excerpt from last article:

Do you believe in ghosts?” one of the hosts of The Breakfast Club radio show in New York asked during an interview.

“I believe in spirits,” Clinton replied.

When another host mocked the question, Clinton replied, “You don’t?”

Clinton’s fascination with the spiritual realm was well known during her time in the White House as First lady.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 02:13AM by Tai.

Date: January 17, 2018 03:47AM

Jennifer

Dick Durbin has a History of Lying About What is Said at Meetings...

Durbin lied about what happened in a White House meeting under the Obama administration -

So Dick Durbin is not only not a credible witness, but he's a proven Liar about what takes place at White House Meetings.

Oops, looks like Dick Durbin lies about a lot of things - in other words, he's a proven liar...

Sen. Dick Durbin gave false facts about his own daughter in Obamacare speech

October 1st, 2013

[amp.dailycaller.com]

"Sen. Dick Durbin movingly described his sick child’s preexisting condition as a reason to support Obamacare last week, but the Illinois Democrat neglected to mention that his late daughter was easily covered by existing insurance, and that he used taxpayer money to reward the hospital that treated her.

Despite her preexisting condition, Christine Durbin, who suffered from a lifelong heart condition and died at age 40 in 2008, was eligible for coverage under existing laws in multiple states, including the senator’s state and the state she ultimately settled in.

Durbin also neglected to mention that he sent his daughter to one of the best children’s hospitals in the country, to which he earmarked millions of dollars from 2002-2010.

“I’ve had a situation in my family — a child — who had serious physical problems, who could not have qualified but for group health insurance available to me as a member of Congress,” Durbin said in response to a pointed question to Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas.

“If I had gone on the open market to buy a policy I’m not sure I could have bought one for my family to cover my child,” said Durbin, who was first elected to Congress in 1982 when his Christine was fourteen.

In fact, Durbin wasn’t sure about buying a policy on the open market because he never had to, having been a state employee from 1969 to 1982 and a federal employee from 1982 to now. His daughter, Christine, who was born in 1968, never went without the cushy government benefits offered to government workers and their families.

State law also addressed the problem of individuals in the open market suffering from preexisting conditions. In 1987, Illinois passed the Comprehensive Health Insurance Plan (CHIP, which covered any Illinoisan who could not “obtain individual coverage from private insurance companies because of medical conditions.” Thirty-five other states have similar programs, including Maryland, where Christine ultimately settled.

Durbin also sent his daughter to the very expensive Children’s Memorial Hospital for care. Durbin was able to pay Children’s Memorial Hospital back with U.S. taxpayers’ money, giving the hospital over $650,000 in just one earmark in 2002.

“This new state of the art facility will enhance Children’s Hospital’s reputation as one of America’s best pediatric hospitals,” Durbin told the Chicago Tribune in 2012, at the opening of a new 23-story building.

Managed by the politically-connected Crown family, Children’s Memorial Hospital is one of the hospitals that has received the most federal earmarks of any hospital in the country, having received millions from Durbin and then-Sen. Barack Obama.

In 2009, Durbin, sent two earmarks, one $951,000 and another for $500,000, to the children’s hospital. In 2010, he sent another two earmarks, totaling $1,000,000.

Durbin worked to save federal funding for the hospital and other Chicago-area hospitals from Clinton-backed Medicaid cuts in 2000. He also fought federal cuts to Children’s Memorial Hospital’s budget in 1995 despite then representing Springfield, Il. in Congress. The hospital has seen its share of politics: Gov. Rod Blagojevich once threatened to withhold an earmark of $8 million if he didn’t receive a $50,000 donation from a Children’s Memorial Hospital executive.

When Christine was 24, she began working for the U.S. Department of Agriculture in Washington, D.C., which also had cushy government benefits. She worked there for sixteen years before dying from an unspecified congenital heart problem. Most insurance plans cover congenital heart problems, albeit at an elevated rate.

Durbin’s office did not return a request for comment on how the senator could have known which policies he could have bought on the open market given his longtime status as a government employee and the heart condition his daughter suffered from.

Durbin opposes the Vitter Amendment, which would force some federal employees, including members of Congress, onto the Obamacare exchanges.

“Senator Durbin wants to force Obamacare on average citizens while he wants a taxpayer-subsidized deluxe health plan for Congress. That hypocrisy explains why he goes to such lengths to change the subject. If Obamacare is so great, why do Mr. Durbin and other senators want to be exempted from the plan they want to impose on the public?” Ken Boehm of the ethics watchdog group, National Legal and Policy Center, told The Daily Caller.

Date: January 17, 2018 03:57AM

Senator Dick Durbin: Political Thug

August 7, 2014 5:16 PM

[amp.nationalreview.com]

This isn’t nearly the first time Mr. Durbin has abused his powers of office in order to get his way. In another high-profile incident, the Illinois senator wrote a letter to 300 major corporate and foundation backers of the conservative state legislative group, ALEC. In the letter Mr. Durbin demanded to know whether these donors were still supporting ALEC and whether they supported Stand Your Ground laws in states. Mr. Durbin also demanded of ALEC that is release its donor list to the senator. But educational groups like ALEC aren’t required to disclose their donors — and, of course, left-wing groups don’t do so.

ALEC publicly and courageously challenged the propriety of the Durbin letter. “Donors to 501(c)3 organizations are specifically protected by the Internal Revenue Service and the Supreme Court to shield them from the type of political intimidation found in Sen. Durbin’s letter,” said ALEC first vice chair and Iowa Majority Leader Linda Upmeyer, in a statement.

But Mr. Durbin lives by his own set of laws. He sits on a political perch that he uses as a weapon to hurt companies and organizations he doesn’t like or who won’t lick the jack boots he applies to their necks. This isn’t just hard-ball politics, it is shake-down politics.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 04:05AM by Jennifer.

Date: January 17, 2018 04:04AM

Dick Durbin = RACIST

FLASHBACK: Dick Durbin’s Office Sought To Block Bush’s ‘Latino’ Court Nominee

March 18th, 2015

In one of those instances of obstinance, Durbin’s Senate staff submitted a memo in 2001 asserting that George W. Bush U.S. Appeals Court’s nominee Miguel Estrada was an “especially dangerous” prospect because “he is Latino.”

It was Nov. 7, 2001, when a staffer in Durbin’s office sent a memo summarizing a meeting with “representatives of various civil rights groups” to discuss Estrada’s nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit.

The memo showed that one of the reasons Democrats wanted to block confirmation of the Honduras-born Estrada was because he is Latino.

“They also identified Miguel Estrada [D.C. Circuit] as especially dangerous, because he has a minimal paper trail, he is Latino, and the White House seems to be grooming him for a Supreme Court appointment,” Durbin’s staffer wrote.

Besides his opposition to Estrada, Durbin opposed two other minority Bush nominees. In 2005, he voted against Bush’s nominee for secretary of state, Condoleezza Rice. Also in 2005, he was outspoken in his opposition of Bush’s U.S. Court of Appeals nominee, Janice Rogers Brown. Both Rice and Brown were eventually confirmed. Like Lynch, both are black.

Date: January 17, 2018 04:35AM

Jennifer can you do another rebuttal for Trump.?
You whine Durbin lies, But say nothing about Grahm and others who confirm
And yes you are a Trumpkin. When the potus lies and you rebuttle for him its called support my dear Trumpkin.

White House appears to confirm Donald Trump 's***hole countries' comments

'The president hasn’t said he didn’t use strong language,' Sarah Huckabee Sanders says
•Emily Shugerman New York
•@eshugerman
•Tuesday 16 January 2018 16:25 GM

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders did not deny that Donald Trump had called Haiti and some African nations "s***hole countries" on Tuesday, saying the President himself had never denied using harsh language on immigration.

Asked why Mr Trump had defended the comments privately but denied them publicly, Ms Sanders said: “The President hasn’t said he didn’t use strong language."

"This is an important issue, he’s passionate about it, he’s not going to apologise for trying to fix our immigration system," she added.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/17/2018 04:37AM by riverhousebill.

Date: January 17, 2018 06:26AM

Tai
Prana, do you know that bill and hillary went to a voodoo ceremony in haiti where someone bit off a living chicken's head and got possessed, and Bill seemed to respect it?

[www.washingtonpost.com]

And then bill would tell the press that hillary talks to Eleanor roosevelt

[www.snopes.com]

[www.breitbart.com]

So if hillary truly believes in spirits, why would she support a book that was dedicated to lucifer by saul alinsky?

Excerpt from last article:

Do you believe in ghosts?” one of the hosts of The Breakfast Club radio show in New York asked during an interview.

“I believe in spirits,” Clinton replied.

When another host mocked the question, Clinton replied, “You don’t?”

Clinton’s fascination with the spiritual realm was well known during her time in the White House as First lady.

Tai, I have read in the past that Hillary Clinton was into spiritism.

Date: January 17, 2018 06:30AM

Jennifer

Jennifer, see this youtube: Flashback - Sen. Lindsey Graham In 2013: The People Coming Across Southern Border Live In Hellholes

Date: January 17, 2018 08:43AM

Wow Prana checked the video out I was surpised to see Tea Party label.

Biased news sources maybe?

Date: January 17, 2018 09:04AM

riverhousebill, are you saying this video is fake? It looks real to me.

Date: January 18, 2018 01:09AM

Prana
Jennifer

Jennifer, see this youtube: Flashback - Sen. Lindsey Graham In 2013: The People Coming Across Southern Border Live In Hellholes

Thanks, Prana. Good find! Yes, the hipocrisy. Lindsey Graham is a RINO - liberal establishment Republican - who wants Amnesty for everybody and open borders; that's why his nickname is Grahamnesty. That's why he's attacking Trump and trying to infer that Trump said '@#$%&' without actually saying that Trump said '@#$%&' because he knows Trump didn't say it.

Much obfuscation going on now on the left in parsing the words and phrases.

Date: January 20, 2018 01:59AM

riverhousebill
Wow Prana checked the video out I was surpised to see Tea Party label.

Biased news sources maybe?

Your 'fake news' and 'biased news sources' mantra is getting old. All political news/media is biased.

Whether it was from a Tea Party person or a Lib person, the content of the video was accurate so it doesn't matter who posted it on YouTube.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables