Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

GLAAD Survey unveiled at Forum in Davos
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 26, 2018 03:44AM

I think this topic covers some things we recently talked about.

I was thinking why am I seeing and hearing more anti gay statements and name calling? than usual? In the news and on the internet,

GLAAD survey unveiled Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos

Prana, I'm still wondering what was the point you where trying to make when you posted Joan Rivers quote about Obama is Gay and his wife a tranny,
you may very well have a point that I missed to this question, that's why I'm asking

Have you read her response when asked why she said that?

As far for Joan River being Cabal, that's just more name calling with no substance!

I hope I'm allowed to discuss this?

(HuffingtonPost)

QUEER VOICES 01/25/2018 03:48 pm ET
Americans Are Becoming Less Comfortable With LGBTQ People, GLAAD Report Finds
The 2018 Accelerating Acceptance report’s results are “alarming,” advocates say.

By Curtis M. Wong

Bloomberg via Getty Images
GLAAD’s latest report found 55 percent of LGBTQ people said they experienced anti-queer discrimination last year, compared to 44 percent in 2016. 

After years of LGBTQ social advances, acceptance of the queer community in the United States appears to be on the decline. 
A new GLAAD survey unveiled Thursday at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, has found a “swift and alarming” drop in overall acceptance of LGBTQ people. It also recorded a “significant” increase in the number of LGBTQ people who say they’ve experienced discrimination on the basis of their sexuality or gender identity. 
The 2018 Accelerating Acceptance report found that 49 percent of the non-LGBTQ respondents identified themselves as LGBTQ “allies” in 2017, down from 53 percent in 2016. At the same time, 55 percent of the LGBTQ respondents said they experienced anti-queer discrimination last year, compared to 44 percent in 2016. 
Advocates said it was the first time in the four-year history of the report, which surveyed more than 2,100 Americans over the age of 18, that the results had indicated a drop in LGBTQ acceptance. 

Among the other troubling findings in the report, which was conducted in November on GLAAD’s behalf by the New York-based research firm Harris Poll: 31 percent said they were very or somewhat uncomfortable seeing a same-sex couple holding hands (up from 29 percent in 2016). Meanwhile, 30 percent said they felt similarly about learning a family member identified as LGBTQ, up from 27 percent the previous year.  
GLAAD President and CEO Sarah Kate Ellis believes the contrast between the figures found in this year’s report and those of previous years is largely the result of President Donald Trump’s anti-LGBTQ platform and a lack of support for the queer community at the national level. 
“Year over year, Americans said they were more comfortable with LGBTQ people and more supportive of LGBTQ issues. These results paralleled historic steps in LGBTQ visibility in our culture as well as the passage of marriage equality nationwide and other pro-LGBTQ legal wins,” she wrote in the report. 
Ellis cited specific legislative moves made under the Trump administration, including the president’s attempts to ban transgender recruits from the U.S. military as well as his appointment of Supreme Court Justice Neil Gorsuch, who opposes same-sex marriage and other LGBTQ rights, as being connected to the decline in acceptance. 
“This change can be seen as a dangerous repercussion in the tenor of discourse and experience over the past year,” she wrote. Ultimately, however, it wasn’t just legislation that would be responsible for “closing the gap to full acceptance,” she added, but rather “a deeper understanding and empathy for LGBTQ people.”
Read GLAAD’s 2018 Accelerating Acceptance report in full here. 
ALSO ON HUFFPOST
X

Curtis M. Wong

Queer Voices Senior Editor, HuffPost
Suggest a correction
MORE:
Donald Trump U.S. News Racism United States Lgbtq Sexuality

Americans Are Becoming Less Comfortable

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: GLAAD Survey unveiled at Forum in Davos
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: January 31, 2018 02:26AM

Just wow! I had to look up what "GLAAD" is and I'm flabbergasted - but I shouldn't be surprised.

It's a group that monitors anti-LGBTQ?whatever - no wonder it always felt to me like the LGBTQ?whatever group are a bunch of bullies and that every show or movie you watch has a gay or lesbian or trans or whatever person or couple in it.

"GLAAD, formerly Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, organization created in 1985 that is devoted to countering discrimination against lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) individuals in the media and promoting understanding, acceptance, and equality."

"Mission: The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) amplifies the voice of the LGBT community by empowering real people to share their stories, holding the media accountable for the words and images they present, and helping grassroots organizations communicate effectively. By ensuring that the stories of LGBT people are heard through the media, GLAAD promotes understanding, increases acceptance, and advances equality."

Note to Curtis who wrote the article - people are less accepting because the LGBTQ? activists are always in your face, pushing themselves on everybody and in everything.

What if the shoe was on the other foot and there was a Christian group that forced the media to always have a born-again Christian couple in every show - would that be okay? How about the Pro-Life group that always forced every show and movie to have a pro-life or adoption theme, etc. How about the American-Indian group that forces the media to have an American-Indian in every show and movie. Get where we're going with this...

That reminds me of years ago when I was flabbergasted when I found out about the Jewish group that keeps track of anti-semitism, remarks or whatever. The ADL.

[www.adl.org]

I guess they'll be counting me now that I spoke out about them...

And then the AIPAC or whatever the name of that Jewish political group is that all the candidates have to go to Israel and bow down to who knows who or whatever they do when they go over there - maybe pledge their allegiance to Israel or something. Are we in Crazyville.

[ifamericaknew.org]

"The Israel lobby is one of the most powerful and pervasive special interest groups in the United States. It consists of a multitude of powerful institutions and individuals that work to influence Congress, the president, academia, the media, religious institutions, and American public opinion on behalf of Israel."

Oh, so it's a Jewish Lobby on behalf of Israel. Does every country have a lobby that controls Congress...

This government is a monster - Less Government please! How can 'the other side' love government like they do...always wanting more and bigger government that does more, give more free stuff, and controls us more...

So go ahead and bring it on rhb or whoever and call me all the names, but this thought policing of everyone and looking for the boogyman of racism/anti-seminism/anti-LGBTQ?... is just what-the-hell a witchhunt.

Edit - Yeah and they're all Libs looking to label and smear 'the other side' with Anti-this and Anti-that...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2018 02:37AM by Jennifer.

Date: January 31, 2018 03:19AM

(This is from 2010, GLAAD is even more intolerant, aggressive and domineering now)

The Wrap: GLAAD Has Turned Into One of Hollywood's Biggest Bullies

[www.breitbart.com]

"Thankfully, even more of Hollywood’s pushing back though Daniel Frankel’s story in “The Wrap,” which is boldly titled “Is GLAAD Hollywood’s Latest Bully?” — and I say boldly in all sincerity since the latest left-wing cause du jour is anti-gay bullying and the throwing of that word right back in GLAAD’s face isn’t by accident, nor is it the usual timid approach left-wing special interest groups have become accustomed to in the press.

Though I urge you to read the whole thing, below are some choice snips that pretty much prove Hollywood’s losing their patience with these neo-fascists. And what immediately follows is a truly frightening look at how the bulies at GLAAD operate, which should chill the spine of anyone who believes in free speech and artistic expression:
In a few short weeks, the organization designed to protect the gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender community — GLAAD — has turned into one of the biggest bullies in Hollywood.

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation has loudly taken three big media companies to task in the past few weeks over words used in films and TV shows. …

“GLAAD is much better served when they work with us instead of coming out and hitting us in the jaw in front of everybody,” said one fearful Hollywood publicist."

Date: January 31, 2018 03:27AM

(Again, this is an old article 2013, GLAAD is more thugish now)

GLAAD tolerance bullies slammed for campaign of lies against ‘Duck Dynasty’ star

[twitchy.com]

Date: January 31, 2018 03:32AM

GLAAD: Lethal Enforcers of the Left’s Tolerance Mob

December,2013

[michellemalkin.com]

"“Duck Dynasty’s” Phil Robertson is not alone. He’s the latest in a long, long lineup of politically incorrect targets of the left’s sensitivity mob. Founded in 1985, the Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD) gangstas won’t stop until both the cultural and legal enforcement of their agenda are the norm.

The A&E network (Atheists & Elitists) suspended the reality TV patriarch and self-made businessman on Wednesday for the Biblical views he expressed in an interview with GQ. Robertson was asked by the liberal magazine what he viewed as sinful. Drawing on the condemnation of sexual immorality in Corinthians 6:9, he cited “adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God.”

Robertson’s punishable transgressions? Responding honestly to a question posed to him (this was not an unsolicited “anti-gay rant”; it was a response) and abiding by his Christian faith. GLAAD’s P.C. Praetorian Guard sprung into repressive action. The same group that initially gave f-word-spouting, homophobic liberal Alec Baldwin a pass accused Robertson of uttering “some of the vilest and most extreme statements” against “LGBT people” ever. (They should listen to the Koran-inspired executioners’ rants of gay-hanging and gay-stoning Iranian mullahs sometime.) GLAAD also railed against Robertson’s “vile” preference for female anatomy over male as if it were an international human rights violation.

A&E folded faster than a stadium seat, immediately disavowing Robertson and suspending him from his family’s show indefinitely. Meanwhile, network execs continued to cash in on the lucrative “Duck Dynasty” empire with a marathon of program reruns on the very day they threw Robertson under the bus. The network is free to do that, of course. And I am free to tell you all about the radical thugs that A&E indulged.

GLAAD has worked tirelessly to marginalize and suppress the free speech of Christian leaders, Christian businesses and conservative talk-radio hosts dating back to their infamous Dr. Laura boycott 13 years ago. The group’s mission is not about equality or defending against “defamation.” It’s about silencing critics, making open debate radioactive, demonizing people of faith and making even the slightest perceived slight a hate crime.

Last year, GLAAD speech-squelchers issued a blacklist of 34 Christian commentators they wanted networks to ban from their air for “extreme” views (read: opposing gay marriage). Earlier this year, GLAAD attacked the National Geographic Channel for partnering with the traditional values-promoting Boy Scouts on a reality TV program. GLAAD is free to start its own Gay Scouts, but instead chose to harangue NatGeo for refusing to run a “disclaimer” at the beginning of each show condemning the Boy Scouts’ leadership policies.

It’s not enough to live and let live. You must repent and genuflect before the self-serving gods of selective progressivism. That’s why GLAAD forgave Hollywood director Brett Ratner for using the word “fag.” He was allowed back into the protected Hollywood club after submitting to GLAAD reeducation camp and appearing in GLAAD public service announcements. Bill Clinton, who authored both the Defense of Marriage Act and the “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policies so reviled by the homosexual lobby, ended up receiving a GLAAD “Advocate for Change” award earlier this year — for changing his mind when politically expedient.

For the civility police, the operational motto is always: “Do as we say, not as we do, in the name of social justice. Amen.”

In the 1960s, radical philosopher Herbert Marcuse popularized the “repressive tolerance” theory of modern progressives. “Liberating tolerance would mean intolerance against movements from the right and toleration of movements from the left,” Marcuse pontificated. “Certain things cannot be said, certain ideas cannot be expressed, certain policies cannot be proposed.”

The tolerance mob’s insatiable quest for power and control has led to such unhinged witch-hunting that many of its own erstwhile allies are balking. Novelist Bret Easton Ellis called GLAAD the “gatekeepers of politically correct gayness.” He was attacked as a “self-loathing gay man,” but unlike A&E, he didn’t give in. “An organization holding an awards ceremony that they think represents all gays and also feels they can choose which gays can and cannot be a member of the party is, on the face of it, ridiculous.”

The liberal The Atlantic magazine recounted how GLAAD invited Fox News anchors Kimberly Guilfoyle and Jamie Colby to a New York event and then issued a press release condemning them and their employer after the network failed to cough up big donations for gala tables. Wrote the Atlantic’s James Kirchick: “Aside from raising money to perpetuate its own existence and throwing swanky parties (the event feting Bill Clinton was one of three different media-award ceremonies, with others in New York and San Francisco), GLAAD has no purpose. That is, unless one views it not as a gay-rights organization but rather a partisan liberal one.”

Nail, meet head. GLAAD’s counterculture warriors know full well: It’s a small leap from forcing Phil Robertson, the Boy Scouts and Rush Limbaugh out of the public square to forcing wedding photographers and cake bakers to serve gay customers against their will and mandating that Catholic medical providers and Hobby Lobby violate their religious conscience and cover abortion pills in order to stay in business.

These GLAAD tidings have everything to do with repression and nothing to do with rights."

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables