Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Counfronting Racism in the Age of Obama
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: January 30, 2018 02:12AM

Jennifer, The whole world is watching

And some folks who are watching see thru racism.

Id say Bailey got you peged to the T.

Watchdog Magazine Archives
Confronting Racism in the Age of Obama
After America elected its first black president, an African-American newspaper columnist found himself forced to defend his work

By Issac Bailey
@ijbailey
June 10, 2015

I
won’t be sad when another white family moves into the White House.
If Hillary Clinton becomes the next president, after a few years, there might be plenty of women looking forward to the day a man retakes the reins of the world’s most powerful nation.

Nieman Reports
Spring 2015
I didn’t know I’d feel this way more than six years ago when I drove to a former plantation in Georgetown, South Carolina—the town where first lady Michelle Obama’s family tree has roots—on the night Barack Obama had done what had been considered improbable, if not impossible. I wanted to share the historic news with the ghosts of slaves who had toiled and endured long enough to make that night possible.
This isn’t about Obama’s performance as president. He took over a country involved in two ground wars and beleaguered by the worst downturn since the Great Depression. A country that couldn’t find, let alone kill or imprison, Osama bin Laden, and that had about 50 million people without health insurance. A country where inequality had been on the rise for decades. On most of those measures, not all, he’s helped steer us to a better place. History will likely look fondly upon him.
Portrait of Issac Bailey by Gary Knight
The image of Obama as an involved, doting father and faithful spouse during an age in which black men are often stereotyped as deadbeat, undisciplined sexual beings; his overcoming the struggles associated with the instability of a single-parent home, and forgoing a lucrative career in corporate law to serve poor people on the streets of Chicago only enhance what he represents. By objective standards, the country did well when it made him the first president since Eisenhower to twice receive at least 51 percent of the popular vote.
Despite that, I’m longing for a change because I’m just … tired.
I’m tired of having to explain again and again—and again—that I’m capable of complex, rational thought concerning policy and politics in the age of Obama. I’m tired in a way I wasn’t before November 2008.
After Obama was elected president in 2008, the messages I received from readers almost overnight became overtly racist and demeaning
The shift in environment from pre- to post-Obama wasn’t subtle. The messages I began receiving from readers went almost overnight from respectfully, if bitingly, confrontational, the kind any journalist, particularly a columnist, should expect, to overtly racist and demeaning. The shift was taking place as many members of the media were talking about a nebulous post-racial world no one could clearly define because Barack Obama was about to become the nation’s first black president. The post-racial talk didn’t make room for another reality or the reason why Obama called a press conference to prove he was fully American.
I had received messages from the dark side of race relations before 2008, including threats for which the police had to get involved, as the first black dude to hold my position in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, at the only daily newspaper in an area that is primarily white and conservative. But those came from a clear fringe: some handwritten letters marked KKK, most unnamed, many with crude threats about knowing where I live and shotguns with my name on them.
In the days before Obama’s anticipated 2008 win, white friends and fellow church members accidentally copied me on a number of forwarded chain e-mails they would have immediately deleted in prior years because they were so tasteless and racially tinged. Obama’s emergence seemingly gave them freedom to dip into a well of racial ugliness they’d refused to partake of before him. One of the messages depicted an imaginary Obama victory party, complete with a passed out homeless black man lying next to a dumpster, an overturned bucket of fried chicken, and scattered pieces of watermelon.
Those who once supported Obama but have been disappointed began to question my integrity and professionalism in ways subtle and not, sometimes openly wondering if a form of race loyalty had blinded me. Critics who once challenged me to better explain my positions, and respect theirs, in healthy, if passionate, back-and-forths, stopped dissecting my arguments and largely refused to take them seriously, capable of viewing me only through an Obama-tinged lens.
They would take me seriously if I joined others in slamming or disagreeing with Obama, the fouler the language I could muster to criticize him the better. Being the black dude who took the black dude in the White House to task, no matter the substance or merits of a position, was the quickest way to confirm I wasn’t race blind. It is as though many believed that sometime in November 2008 I had undergone a lobotomy. They were either incapable or unwilling to consider that the difference between pre- and post-Obama could lie within their own brains, and hearts, that a new racial reality had flushed to the surface unintentional racial stereotypes they had allowed to flow through their minds undisturbed for years.
Unknowingly, they had reduced me to just another black guy agreeing with the black guy in a White House that up to that point had been reserved for white men in ways they had never reduced white writers to being race-inspired cheerleaders of what had been the country’s uninterrupted parade of white presidents, no matter how many times those white writers agreed with the white guy in the White House, no matter how many times they patiently tried to explain the fellow white dude’s position, or impatiently tried to dispel myths about the man with whom they shared a skin tone, in an effort to create space for honest debate that could get us beyond talking points and exaggerated fears. They weren’t driven by a purposeful racism, but rather a passive ignorance, a refusal to grapple with any uncomfortableness that challenged their deeply held views.
Political scholars have noted that there’s been a marked shift in ideology toward hyper-partisanship that has intensified in recent years. They’ve also conducted research showing that in this new reality, political bias sometimes outpaces the ethnic and racial kind, though this may be in part due to the greater social acceptability of political bias.
There’s little doubt that’s true. But it doesn’t explain it all. Race is a still an under-explored factor in the shift. My politics and perspective didn’t change because Obama was elected. Even if they had, that would still have not explained why the number of times I’ve been called nigger—directly and indirectly—had increased exponentially.
Obama was the first black person for high office for whom I had ever voted. I don’t know if I would have voted for Jesse Jackson in the ’80s, the first black man to make real noise in a presidential campaign by winning multiple primaries, had I been old enough. But I did not even consider voting for Democrat Al Sharpton when he was challenging the likes of John Kerry and John Edwards, or Republican Alan Keyes or a handful of other black candidates whose names I’ve forgotten.
Since Obama, I had a chance to vote for Tim Scott, who became the first black man elected to the Senate from a Deep South state since Reconstruction, but chose not to. His ideology too closely resembled that of ultra-conservative Jim DeMint, a white man who gave up his Senate seat and supported South Carolina Governor Nikki R. Haley’s appointment of Scott. I considered Herman Cain’s “9-9-9” campaign, a flash-in-the-pan 2012 presidential run that briefly saw the former pizza chain executive atop of early polls before a predictable flameout, more of a stunt than worthy of serious consideration.

Bailey voted for Bush over Gore in 2000 but, after the WMD debacle, chose a third-party candidate in 2004 Christopher Morris/VII
B
efore Obama I had only voted for white candidates—for governor, the U.S. Senate, and the presidency—almost all of whom were men. Not only that, most of those for whom I pulled the lever were conservative.
Republican George W. Bush, not Al Gore, got my vote in 2000. In 2004, a third-party candidate (I forget which one, maybe Ralph Nader) received my protest vote against a second Bush term after the Iraq-WMD debacle. I didn’t give Kerry a second thought.
What do most of the people for whom I voted before Obama for the most powerful seats have in common? Not gender, not political ideology, but race.
Each of them is white.
Despite that, in 2008 I, and millions of black voters, were accused of being incapable of seeing beyond race. Never mind that black voters had spent their entire adult lives crossing racial lines to vote, while the white people accusing black voters of a perverse racial loyalty to Obama had never found reason to vote for anyone who wasn’t white like them.
It reminded me of my days at Davidson College, an elite, mostly white liberal arts school in North Carolina. Many white students were quick to note the all-black tables in Vail Commons but never noticed the overabundance of all-white ones, never realizing those black students chose to challenge themselves by deciding to attend Davidson, knowing they’d be in the minority for four years, while it likely crossed the minds of not one white Davidson student to consider challenging themselves in a similar fashion at a predominantly black institution.
As a journalist, pre-Obama, I spent years recounting my voting history and explaining to Bush critics that they could disagree without hating him, could dissect his policies without subterfuge, needed to remember that he was a fellow child of God, that pushing conspiracy theories about his role in the 9/11 attacks and the lead-up to the Iraq war would only push us further away from the kinds of discussions and debates that were a must if we were going to be able to honestly determine which policies made sense, which ones didn’t, which ones had to be improved upon.
I wrote about race in the same terms, highlighting how Bush programs were doing wonders for those suffering from an AIDS and HIV epidemic in parts of Africa, how his cabinet was one of the most diverse in history and included the nation’s first black secretary of state, and how he appointed the first black woman to be national security adviser. During those years, I defended Colin Powell and Condoleezza Rice against charges of Uncle Tomism, which were coming from civil rights icons such as Harry Belafonte. I took Kanye West to task when he said Bush “doesn’t care about black people.”
I defended the likes of Rush Limbaugh and Don Imus and Bill O’Reilly against claims of racism and refused to jump on the bandwagon that became the Duke lacrosse rape case, in which three white players were accused of raping a black woman. The incident was held up by Duke professors and others as an instance that highlighted racism and sexism on campus, before the state attorney general declared the young men innocent and said they had been falsely accused by an overzealous prosecutor. I would repeatedly do the same for Tea Party members during the Obama era, reminding people not to label an entire movement by its worst, fringe elements, which were made up of people at Tea Party rallies with homemade signs depicting Obama as a bone-through-the-nose African witch doctor. And I began writing about how the health care system had been leaving too many people behind—black, white, Latino.
As a lifelong battle with a severe stutter had taught me to do, I looked for silver linings in dark political, racial, and economic clouds. That’s the way I thought, and wrote, long before Obama took his first oath, but after he took office, it became evidence of my supposed race loyalty.

Before Obama, Bailey had only voted for white candidates, most of them conservative men, for high office Damon Winter/The New York Times/Redux
B
efore Obama, those things generated “thank yous” and “you’re a credit to your race” and “more black people should listen to you” from countless white readers. I was a man of reason, deep thought, and fairness, in their minds, as I used my little perch to make the way for reasonable debate about the white dude in the White House and his policies. Since Obama, adhering to that philosophy brought me cries of “you’ve changed” and “race card” and “blacks need to get off the plantation” and “you aren’t doing your people any good.”
Some of it, no doubt, had to do with naked politics. Rank hypocrisy in politics is a feature, not a bug. But that’s not the full story. None of that explains why conservatives felt comfortable passing around a depiction of the White House lawn as a watermelon patch, a joke that compared Obama’s father to a dog, and a food stamp with pictures of ribs and fried chicken. It doesn’t explain why so many people who knew me long before Obama popped onto the scene unconsciously—and sometimes purposefully—reduced me to the amount of melanin in my skin.
It doesn’t explain why so many are committed to the belief that the only reason a black person would have chosen Obama was because of race. His work in Illinois to battle racial inequities within the criminal justice system, which appealed to me most because of my family’s experiences with prison, didn’t matter. His work with poor people in the streets of Chicago; his having been editor of Harvard Law Review; his ability in the U.S. Senate to help usher through ethics reform; his ideas about an ailing economy or being right about the Iraq invasion; his plans for health reform; his performance in the foreign policy debate against a grizzled war hero; the fact that a once-in-a-generation recession hit during a Republican presidency; his ability to make cynical crowds stand at attention—supposedly none of that mattered to black voters, only race.
For a long time, I kept a running list of all the ways I disagreed with Obama, ready to pull it out to show I was more than just about race
That’s why I’m tired. I’ve spent the past six and a half years studying and researching and interviewing and listening more than I did the previous decade. For so many people, none of that matters if it leads me to the conclusion that the black dude in the White House has done something well. And it hasn’t just been coming from white conservatives.
Black liberals such as intellectual Cornel West seem to have concluded that black journalists are cowed or simply want to cozy up to the White House if we don’t adhere to their hard-left views. I never expected Obama to be as leftist as West did and didn’t want him to be. I didn’t spend years voting for conservatives and liberals because I believe one ideology trumps the other.
For a long time, I kept a running list of all the ways I disagreed with Obama, ready to pull it out and re-post on Facebook or elsewhere to show I was more than just about race. I found myself repeatedly boasting about how Obama failed in his efforts to rescue the everyday homeowner. His administration quickly bailed out the banks, a necessary evil, I said, but missed a chance to help the middle class with a mass refinancing and mortgage modification plan.
I began writing about the ethical problems with Obama’s overuse of drones, though I think they are effective anti-terror tools and likely caused less collateral damage than a ground war would. As I supported the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), I reminded readers about its flaws.
I documented the ways the economy was emerging from the worst downturn since the Great Depression but didn’t shy away from pointing out the lack of significant wage growth. I passed along scathing critiques from a variety of writers about Obama’s handling of privacy and press freedoms.
I expressed disgust that Obama would take occasions such as Father’s Day to excoriate absent black fathers. (While I was doing that, I was receiving messages from white conservative readers lamenting that Obama never talked about black personal responsibility.)
Obama was wrong on gay marriage, and his stiff-arming of the Muslim community during the 2008 campaign was weak, I was quick to say. His views on gay marriage are still wrong because he claims it is a state issue, I’ve told everyone who would listen.
I kept the Obama-failure list for a long time, until I realized I never pieced together such a list when Bush was in office. I didn’t count the ways local white politicians, who dominate Myrtle Beach area politics the way they have on the national level, had disappointed me. Only for Obama did I feel the need to be able to document, at a moment’s notice, how I disagreed with him to prove I was above race. I know now my doing that did the opposite. I treated Obama differently because I was trying to prove I wasn’t treating him differently. It affected me in ways I’m only now willing to admit.

Bailey supports the Affordable Care Act more than he supports Obama, shown here with his family at the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial Pete Souza/Official White House Photo
T
hat’s why I’m tired, because even as I battled that demon, I refused to play along with the over-hyping of false conspiracies such as those that surrounded the Ebola outbreak, the Benghazi tragedy, and the IRS review of conservative groups. I kept pointing out the duplicity of the Republican Party leadership, which tried to thwart Obama at every turn while claiming it was the president’s fault bipartisanship hadn’t taken hold as he promised. I loathe the Republicans’ state-level attempts to roll back voting rights and have repeatedly said so.
And I have not been shy about my support for health reform, which, while flawed, is a major improvement. It has contributed to the slowest rate of health care inflation in half a century; brought health insurance to 16 million Americans so far; cost overall less than what had been forecast; has helped millions of seniors afford prescription drugs; and extended the life of Medicare by at least a dozen years.
I don’t support the ACA because of Obama. I support the ACA because it is helping people in need and will put a dent in inequality by taxing those most able to benefit the most needy. I support the ACA more than I support Obama.
I refused to vote for Bush for a second term because of the debacle that was the Iraq war and the false WMD claims. In 2010, I declared Obama would not get my vote in 2012 if he didn’t find a way to push through health reform. That support stems in part from my knowledge that the GOP has refused to do anything to truly address the country’s out-of-control health care problems and has opposed major reform efforts by Bill Clinton and Obama.
Only one party was willing to do something significant about one of the most vexing problems facing this country—rising health care costs are among the nation’s top fiscal threats—and it was being led by the nation’s first black president, not the party I voted for several times before 2008.
For a lot of people, little of that matters, no matter how many times I spell it out. I’m black and Obama is black and that’s all they need to know.
That’s why I’m tired. I’ve spent the Obama era trying to do my job the way I know I should, the way I had before him, fearlessly assessing the news and policy, while also trying to beat back the burden that is race.
It hasn’t been easy. Several times, I wanted to throw up my hands. I wanted to be like others who had distilled Obama down into his simplest parts. I wanted to experience the freedom a large number of columnists and pundits had, not caring about nuance or fairness or quoting in context politicians with whom they disagree instead of as though they were caricatures, not complex human beings.
Part of it stems from the parallels I noticed between Obama’s life and mine, which made the struggle to support Obama policies personal in a way they never were during the Bush years.
Obama was once considered too black, then not black enough, as have I. A man snubbed him during the 2008 campaign, refusing to shake his hand, the way a white man I was interviewing for a story about the economy wouldn’t shake mine. Obama grew up disadvantaged but eventually made his way into elite institutions of higher education, like I did. Some of his accomplishments were demeaned by those saying they only occurred because of race in the same way some of mine have been discounted, no matter how hard I worked to achieve them, no matter how many obstacles I had to overcome. He’s been called “uppity” and “nigger” and other disparaging terms, like I have.
The irony is that during 2008, I understood the political game well enough to know that Obama’s approval rating would begin to fall once the hard task of governing began. That didn’t surprise me. Being reduced to the color of my skin by even people who knew me well, no matter how hard I tried to be fair and comprehensive in my thinking and writing, did.
Though I was stubborn enough to (mostly) do my job the way I believed I ought to, that hurt. It wore me down.
I’m overjoyed that I lived through the time during which the country—founded upon the contrasting beliefs that all men are created equal and that black people are inferior—elected its first black president. If another black candidate emerges in 2016 or beyond as the one I should choose among mostly white candidates, I’ll cast my ballot for him or her and professionally will endeavor to treat that presidency the way I know I should. I’m stubborn that way.
I’m tired, though. In 2008, I didn’t know a long hoped-for historic breakthrough could make me feel this way.
I’m tired, but not nearly as tired as those who were beaten on a bridge in Selma 50 years ago, or those killed a century before in the nation’s bloodiest war, or my parents and aunts and uncles, who toiled and overcame obstacles and slights that make the ones I’ve experienced these past six and a half years seem like child’s play.
So, yes, I’m tired. But because of what happened in November 2008, my kids won’t be nearly as tired as I am.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 02:29AM by riverhousebill.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Counfronting Racism in the Age of Obana
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: January 30, 2018 02:21AM

Just saw this - I'll read the whole thing in a minute, (when I figure out the link so I can read it easier; no thanks to you for posting the link) but you're kidding - we're going to talk about 'Racism' and especially how it relates to Obama getting elected. Again! Hasn't all the Libs talked about that ad nauseum for eight years now and taken every opportunity to brand The South, The Christians, The White People, The Republicans and I forget who else (I guess in a nutshell - all Whites except Libs are 'Racist'...) as 'Racist' because Obama was elected. Aren't you guys sick of it by now. It's really old. Aren't there other Lib talking points, Lib rhetoric, Lib narratives that you can change it up with once in a while.

Ok, here's the link - this is an old article -

[niemanreports.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 02:24AM by Jennifer.

Re: Counfronting Racism in the Age of Obama
Date: January 30, 2018 03:20AM

Watchdog Magazine Archives that's the link Jennifer the same link I posted to begin with. slow down see whats in front of you.

Any way forget the link for now and try debating subject instead of false missing link cry.

Read what the man says, He is talking about you!

Seems like when you cant respond to contex of what some one has said you often cry missing link even when its posted WHUD UP?

Quote Jennifer-
Ok, here's the link - this is an old article -

It may be an old article so things that have a little age and wisdom mean nothing? void of logic by age, Hum I think I get that one also my dear.

void of logic because Oh its an old article? SPIN TO YOU WIN

P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 03:41AM by riverhousebill.

Date: January 30, 2018 03:32AM

Of course I can respond to the context of anything you have to say and I do, even though it takes up a lot of my time, because I have to set the record straight and defend the Republicans, the Christians, The Southerners, The Whites, and I forget who else against you and the Liberals. Mainly against accusations of racism. It's a tough job but somebody has to do it here.

Regarding that article, it's all about that guy writing about himself and how he's affected by Obama being president and how he's tired of all the racism because of Obama being president. He throws in a bunch of accusations of racism.

The best part was one of the comments at the bottom -

While we're on the subject of Obama, (for whom I voted twice), I hope you will reach out and give him a mighty slap for encouraging the entire Third World to come to the U.S., in a time of deplorable unemployment in the black communities.

And btw, I hope you're not accusing me of being 'racist'...

because you said this -

Jennifer, The whole world is watching

And some folks who are watching see thru racism.

Id say Bailey got you peged to the T.

and this -

Read what the man says, He is talking about you!

Date: January 30, 2018 03:49AM

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 03:51AM by Jennifer.

Date: January 30, 2018 04:07AM

This is the real pulse change coming!

Logic Delivers Powerful Message On Immigration, Racism ...

1:47
[www.youtube.com]

Jan 29, 2018 · Logic received a standing ovation at the 2018 Grammy Awards as he spoke out ... Logic Delivers Powerful Message On Immigration, Racism

Date: January 30, 2018 04:20AM

The Grammy year 2018: kendrick lamar's performance …

1:55
[www.youtube.com]

Jan 29, 2018 · The Grammy year 2018: kendrick lamar's performance opened ... Kendrick Lamar CALLS OUT Fox News' Racism During Fiery VMA ... Cardi B Talks Grammy ...

Date: January 30, 2018 10:18AM

Quote jennifer I hope you will reach out and give him a mighty slap for encouraging the entire Third World to come to the U.S., in a time of deplorable unemployment in the black communities.

You slap him Jennifer Don't try to get people to do your dirty work You now say twice first and second Obama terms you voted for him, So reach out yourself!
you ole Deme hiding behind the republic flag.

Well @#$%& hole Africa is a black communitie my dear

@#$%& hole third world countrys wow how they get that way who cut that last tree???

Resources gone, corrupt govts ?

OR SUPPLY AND DEMAND THE FACT THAT USA IS 4 PERCENT OF WORLDS POPULATION-

CONSUMES TWO THIRDS OF WORLDS GOODS, I GIVE YOU THE MISS PIGGY AWARD JENNIFER country not third base wanting to flee from wall street depleted nations

NOT THE @#$%& HOLE THIRD PEOPLE> EVER LOOK FOR LIFE FORM BETWEEN YOUR TOES??? your consumption rate compared to a @#$%& hole countrys??? striped by wall street free markets

P.S. Jennifer you twice voted for Obama you say now, but your postings so don't reflect that! so I guess you feel you where tricked by him all of a sudden in the second term, INTERESTING WAKE UP HUM?
Two Times and all of a sudden you find all these points about Obama being the worst, At what point in his second term you voted for, did you have this sudden Radical change of heart about Demorates and republicans? must have been profound? ever post anything before how you voted?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/30/2018 11:02AM by riverhousebill.

Date: January 30, 2018 11:46AM

That the United States consumes a quarter of the world's resources, controls the channels of world trade and the institutions of inequality, and squeezes whole nations to death, is simply not news.

(COUNTER COLINIZATION) I KNOW THATS COMPLICATED ALSO BUT THAT whud up kid WITH THE @#$%& HOLE THIRD WORLDERS KNOCKIN AT YOUR DOOR.

What the United States Consumes

With only 4.6% of the world's population, the United States consumes a full 25% of the world's energy and emits more carbon dioxide than any other country.  The United States consumes about 18 million barrels of oil each day.  The United States consumes over 1800 cubic meters of water annually per capita, about three times the world average.  The United States consumes more water than any other country.  The United States consumes about 17 million barrels of oil per day, of which nearly two-thirds is used for transportation.  The United States consumes timber at a rate nearly double the average for developed countries.  Though its population does not exceed 6 per cent of the world total, the United States consumes almost three-quarters of the available supply of rubber and gasoline, two-thirds of all the raw silk, and one-quarter of the sugar. The United States consumes 33 times as much energy per person as India, 13 times as much as China, two and a half times as much as Japan, and two times as much as Sweden.  The United States consumes 30 percent of the world's paper.  The United States consumes a disproportionately high number of the world's trees.  The United States consumes too much, and 88 per cent believe that protecting the environment will require "major changes in the way we live."  The United States consumes energy as if it were a bodily function.  The United States consumes 50 percent of the world's production of diamonds.  The United States consumes more than $5 billion a year in illegal drugs yet we continue to punish foreign nations for our problem.  The United States consumes three times as much fuel per capita as any other developed country.  The United States consumes roughly 80% of beluga caviar exports. The United States consumes nearly two-thirds of Iraqi oil exports. 

With 6 percent of the world's population, the United States consumes 60 percent of the world's illegal drugs.  The United States consumes 20% of all metals, 30% of all paper, and generates almost 75% of total global toxic waste.
     Although the United States consumes a lot of material, future shortages are not necessarily inevitable, for several reasons.  Advances in technology and management increase efficient materials use, reducing the need for resources.
      Approximately what percentage of what the United States consumes is produced inside its borders?
     Perhaps a lot of the starches are.
      The average person in the United States consumes approximately 425 grams of carbohydrates (starches and simple sugars), 105 grams of protein (amino acids), and 168 grams of fat (glycerol and fatty acids) per day.

---------
HOME
---------
Email: inthemargins03@hotmail.com

---------

Date: January 31, 2018 01:52AM

riverhousebill

Quote jennifer I hope you will reach out and give him a mighty slap for encouraging the entire Third World to come to the U.S., in a time of deplorable unemployment in the black communities.

You slap him Jennifer Don't try to get people to do your dirty work You now say twice first and second Obama terms you voted for him, So reach out yourself!
you ole Deme hiding behind the republic flag.

Well @#$%& hole Africa is a black communitie my dear

@#$%& hole third world countrys wow how they get that way who cut that last tree???

Resources gone, corrupt govts ?

OR SUPPLY AND DEMAND THE FACT THAT USA IS 4 PERCENT OF WORLDS POPULATION-

CONSUMES TWO THIRDS OF WORLDS GOODS, I GIVE YOU THE MISS PIGGY AWARD JENNIFER country not third base wanting to flee from wall street depleted nations

NOT THE @#$%& HOLE THIRD PEOPLE> EVER LOOK FOR LIFE FORM BETWEEN YOUR TOES??? your consumption rate compared to a @#$%& hole countrys??? striped by wall street free markets

P.S. Jennifer you twice voted for Obama you say now, but your postings so don't reflect that! so I guess you feel you where tricked by him all of a sudden in the second term, INTERESTING WAKE UP HUM?
Two Times and all of a sudden you find all these points about Obama being the worst, At what point in his second term you voted for, did you have this sudden Radical change of heart about Demorates and republicans? must have been profound? ever post anything before how you voted?

lol - you think I wrote that comment, rhb. I didn't.

Go to the link where you got the article that you copied and pasted -

Here is the link to the article -

[niemanreports.org]

Now scroll down to the end of the article and you will see "Show 5 Comments". So click on that. There are five comments to read. I liked the last comment that someone said, and that is the comment that I was quoting in my discussion about the article.

The person said in his comment at the bottom of the article -

"somebodystolemynamefatboy • 3 years ago
While we're on the subject of Obama, (for whom I voted twice), I hope you will reach out and give him a mighty slap for encouraging the entire Third World to come to the U.S., in a time of deplorable unemployment in the black communities."

I did not make that comment. "Somebodystolenmynamefatboy" said the comment.

Here is my original post -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

- where I said:

The best part was one of the comments at the bottom -

While we're on the subject of Obama, (for whom I voted twice), I hope you will reach out and give him a mighty slap for encouraging the entire Third World to come to the U.S., in a time of deplorable unemployment in the black communities.

Yes, I should have put that person's comment (about voting for Obama twice, etc.) in quotes in my original post.

Date: February 14, 2018 09:21AM

FOX MOO,s Sean Hannitys racism is so @#$%& A typical. racism is in the DNA.

When people say things like Seans quote, The racism flys in your face.

All the attacks on Obama have nothing to do with his 8yrs,

People attacking his Birth place, Calling Him Gay and wife a tranny, Obama best bomber, most of statements are a classic racist reaction rant to the first black Potus. Sean speaks volumes!

Rebecca Traister? 

More
Secret sperm thing is an example of one of oldest expressions of racism in America: white anxieties about blackness/black masculinity tied to fear of literal sperm's potential to dilute whiteness in America. Which is all you need to know re Sean Hannity's worries re Barack Obama.

Sean Hannity Tweets, Then Deletes, Weirdly Specific Sexual Stuff About Obama Portrait
Fox News host’s post claimed there was something hidden in the image, then he quickly backtracked.

By Ed Mazza

Sean Hannity isn’t a fan of Barack Obama, and he’s not fond of the former president’s new portrait either. 
Hannity on Tuesday tweeted a remark claiming the portrait had “secret sperm” hidden within the image. 
The tweet was deleted, but many on Twitter preserved it and shared screenshots: 

Hannity’s tweet linked to a story on his website written by “Hannity Staff” detailing the location of the supposed secret sperm. 
Hannity later removed the article, blamed his staff and deleted the tweet. He did not give an explanation on Twitter.
However, Fox News sent a statement from Hannity to the Daily Beast: “Earlier today my web staff posted content that was not reviewed by me before publication. It does not reflect my voice and message and, therefore, I had it taken down.”
Hannity has railed against major news outlets, claiming they are inaccurate and insisting that he checks facts first. 
“Liberal sheep think I should run wild with @nytimes anonymous sources and not confirm myself,” he said last month. 
Apparently, in this case, he didn’t confirm his own website himself. 
BuzzFeed notes that the “secret sperm” theory was circulating on 4chan before it hit Hannity’s website. 
The article is still available to read via the Internet Archive’s Wayback Machine. 
Here is some of the reaction on Twitter: 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2018 09:37AM by riverhousebill.

Date: February 14, 2018 07:38PM

Spinning, twisting and lying --

... about what Hannity posted and that it was Hannity's fabrication that the artist paints 'secret sperm' in his paintings.

And using the spin, twists and lies to Label and Accuse Sean Hannity of being (drum roll) 'Racist'

Here's the truth and what Sean Hannity (he said one of his staff actually posted it) really posted -

It's absolutely true that the artist creates paintings with 'secret sperm' in the paintings, and it has been much reported over the years -

[smarthistory.org]

The background is also infused with tiny paintings of sperm—Wiley’s way of poking fun at the highly charged masculinity and propagation of gendered identity that are involved in the Western tradition of portraiture.

Sperm (detail), Kehinde Wiley, Napoleon Leading the Army over the Alps, 2005, oil paint on canvas, 274.3 x 274.3 cm (108 x 108 in) (Brooklyn Museum of Art, New York) (photo: Gayle Clemans)

[qz.com]

For example, in this reinterpretation of David’s Napoleon, Wiley embeds tiny swimming sperm in the red background, as a reference to African male virility, or potentially, promiscuity.

[www.nytimes.com]

His portraits initially depicted African-American men against rich textile or wallpaper backgrounds whose patterns he has likened to abstractions of sperm. Some of the subjects were famous (rap and sports stars), others not.

And - here is what Hannity's staff posted to Twitter -

Obama's portrait – a stark contrast to predecessors with inappropriate sexual innuendo [t.co]

Sean Hannity (@seanhannity) February 13, 2018

The link is to an article, like the above articles I posted, that state that the artist does indeed paint 'secret sperm' into his paintings. ALL TRUE.

So - What Sean Hannity posted on Twitter is the absolute truth!

Yet, the hue and cry from the Libs and Lib Media was such that the post was deleted and Sean Hannity has been demonized by the Libs and Branded A Racist by the Libs and Lib Mainstream Media ever since.

Someone posts a Truth about the artist who painted Obama's portrait and is branded a Racist because he dared to criticize the artist/painting of Obama!!!

What the hell!

Racemongering Libs.

Date: February 14, 2018 07:53PM

riverhousebill

Fox News host’s post claimed there was something hidden in the image, then he quickly backtracked.

As I posted above - this is an absolute Spin, Twist and Lie!

Hannity did not claim that there was something hidden in the image as you stated above - Hannity said:

"Obama's portrait – a stark contrast to predecessors with inappropriate sexual innuendo"

"Innuendo" means -

a veiled or equivocal reflection on character or reputation.

So yes, the artist who painted Obama's portrait paints 'secret sperm' into his portraits - that's the Truth - so that is a veiled or equivocal reflection on Obama's character or reputation.

Hannity was totally correct in the statement he posted to Twitter.

Date: February 15, 2018 12:49AM

Quote Jennifer-It's absolutely true that the artist creates paintings with 'secret sperm' in the paintings, and it has been much reported over the years - .

Secret sperm thing is an example of one of oldest expressions of racism in America: white anxieties about blackness/black masculinity tied to fear of literal sperm's potential to dilute whiteness in America. Which is all you need to know re Sean Hannity's worries re Barack Obama.

Sean Hannity Promotes, Then Deletes Bonkers Obama Portrait ‘Secret Sperm’ Conspiracy Theory
Hours after publishing, the Fox News host deleted a tweet and article about ‘inappropriate sexual innuendo’ in Obama’s official portrait.

Matt Wilstein
02.13.18 2:52 PM ET
The official portraits of President Barack Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama received a wide array of reactions when they were unveiled on Monday. But none has been quite as insane as the one Sean Hannity promoted on his Twitter account Tuesday afternoon.
“Obama's portrait—a stark contrast to predecessors with inappropriate sexual innuendo,” the Fox News host tweeted, linking to a truly bizarre article on his website written by “Hannity Staff.”
“PORTRAIT PERVERSION: Obama Portrait Features ‘SECRET SPERM,’ Artist Joked About ‘Killing Whitey’” the headline screamed. And it only got weirder from there.

The article promises “shocking allegations” that the artist behind the former president’s portrait, Kehinde Wiley, “included ‘secret sperm cells’ within the painting and once joked about ‘Killing Whitey’ during an interview.”
The evidence for the former claim comes from a 2008 New York Times article—conveniently not “fake news” when it supports Hannity’s agenda—that reports Wiley’s portraits “initially depicted African-American men against rich textile or wallpaper backgrounds whose patterns he has likened to abstractions of sperm.” Hannity’s piece includes a close up of a vein in Obama’s forehead in the portrait that someone on his “staff” apparently thinks looks sperm-like.

It appears that the whole “sperm” theory originated on—where else?—4chan, where a thread was posted on Monday proclaiming, “Official Portrait of Obama has SPERM on his face!!!” That post just happened to include the same close up of Obama that Hannity used on his site.

Twitter
As for the “Kill Whitey” part, that dates back to a quote Wiley gave New York magazine in 2012 about a painting in which a black woman holds the severed head of a white woman in the style of Biblical depictions by artists like Caravaggio. In other words, art.
Related in Arts and Culture

Fox News Primetime Ignores Trump Aide’s Abuse Scandal

Hannity and Carlson Have Yet to Say the Words ‘Rob Porter’

Michelle Obama’s Portrait Isn’t a Photograph. Get Over It
The outrage echoed comments made by Hannity’s Fox News lead-in Tucker Carlson on Monday night about the “racially fraught decapitation portrait” by Wiley, who he mistakenly identified as female for some reason. “This is the person painting the Obamas’ portraits?” Carlson asked incredulously.
Evidently, this particular conspiracy theory was too crazy even for Hannity, who deleted both the tweet and the article just a couple of hours after they were posted.
But if he ever finds any evidence of bodily fluids in a portrait of Hillary Clinton, you can be sure he will let us all know.
UPDATE: In a statement provided by Fox News, Hannity told The Daily Beast: “Earlier today my web staff posted content that was not reviewed by me before publication. It does not reflect my voice and message and, therefore, I had it taken down.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2018 01:29AM by riverhousebill.

Date: February 15, 2018 01:00AM

quote Jennifer-So - What Sean Hannity posted on Twitter is the absolute truth!

Quote Jennifer-Here's the truth and what Sean Hannity (he said one of his staff actually posted it) really posted .

SPIN TO YOU WIN MY DEAR.

Next you will say Obama wrote that not FOX MOO,s Sean Insanity

Jennifer first there is a mountain, Then there is no mountain then there is!

Date: February 15, 2018 01:09AM

Oh No his staff wrote it.

OK Jennifer, Still buying bridges?

Late Tuesday, Hannity released a statement saying, “Earlier today my web staff posted content that was not reviewed by me before publication. It does not reflect my voice and message and, therefore, I had it taken down.”
And yet, those two quotes would seem to more than meet the burden of proof that Fox News typically applies to stories about how Barack Obama (and/or, black artists he favored) degraded the office of the presidency. Thus, the mystery here isn’t why Sean Hannity tweeted his staff’s exposé on secret sperm, but rather, why he really chose to delete it.

Date: February 15, 2018 08:49AM

Quote Jennifer-Here's the truth and what Sean Hannity (he said one of his staff actually posted it) really posted .

Yeh trying to set up Sean Hanity with fake news. SAD!

Just like when they Blamed our Donald for paying Porn Star 130 grand,

His staff Payed it, I mean his lawyer paid it was not him, Right my dear.

I Bet you do believe his staff wrote it.

Date: February 17, 2018 03:23AM

Three Blatant Acts of Racism Against Obama

President Barack Obama. Steve Jurvetson/Flickr.com
by Nadra Kareem Nittle
Updated July 31, 2017

When Barack Obama became the first African American elected president on Nov. 4, 2008, the world viewed it as a boon to race relations. But after Obama took office, he was the target of racist illustrations, conspiracy theories and Islamophobia. Can you name any of the tactics used to attack him on the basis of race? This analysis covers three blatant acts of racism against Obama.
The Birther Debate
Throughout his presidency, Barack Obama was been dogged by rumors that he was not an American by birth.

Instead, the “birthers”—as the people spreading this rumor are known—say that he was born in Kenya. Although Obama’s mother was a white American, his father was a black Kenyan national. His parents, however, met and married in the United States, which is why the birther conspiracy has been deemed equal parts silly and racist.
The birthers have also refused to accept as valid the documentation provided by Obama that proves he was born in Hawaii. Why is this racist? New York Times columnist Timothy Egan explained that the birther movement “has little to do with reality and everything to do with the strangeness of Obama’s background—especially his race." He continued, "Many Republicans refuse to accept that Obama could come from such an exotic stew and still be ‘American.’ …So, even though the certificate of live birth first made public in 2008 is a legal document that any court would have to recognize, they demanded more.”

When Donald Trump repeated the claims of birthers in April 2011, the president responded by releasing his long form birth certificate. This move did not completely quiet the rumors about Obama’s origins. But the more documentation the president released about his birthplace, the less ground the birthers had to suggest that the black president did not belong in office.

Trump continued sending Twitter posts questioning the birth certificate authenticity through 2014.
Political Caricatures of Obama
Before and after his presidential election, Barack Obama has been depicted as subhuman in graphics, email, and posters. While turning politicians into caricatures isn't new, the ones used to criticize Obama frequently have racial overtones. The president has been portrayed as a shoeshine man, an Islamic terrorist, and a chimp, to name a few. The image of his altered face has been shown on a product called Obama Waffles in the manner of Aunt Jemima and Uncle Ben.
The depictions of Obama as ape-like have arguably sparked the most controversy, considering that blacks have been portrayed as monkey-like for centuries to suggest that they’re inferior to other groups. Still, when Marilyn Davenport, an elected official in the Republican Party of Orange County, Calif., circulated an email portraying Obama and his parents as chimps, she initially defended the image as political satire. Mike Luckovich, Pulitzer Prize-winning editorial cartoonist for the Atlanta Journal Constitution, had a different take. He pointed out to National Public Radio that the image wasn’t a cartoon but Photoshopped.
“And it was crude and it was racist,” he said. “And cartoonists are always sensitive. We want to make people think—we even want to tick people off occasionally, but we don’t want our symbolism to overwhelm our message. …I would never show Obama or an African American as a monkey. That’s just racist. And we know the history of that.”
The “Obama Is Muslim” Conspiracy
Much like the birther debate, the debate over whether Obama is a practicing Muslim appears to be racially tinged. While the president did spend some of his youth in the predominantly Muslim country of Indonesia, there’s no evidence that he himself has practiced Islam. In fact, Obama has said that neither his mother nor his father were particularly religious. At the National Prayer Breakfast in February 2011, the president described his father as a “nonbeliever” whom he met one time, according to the Los Angeles Times, and his mother as having “a certain skepticism about organized religion.”
Despite his parents’ feelings about religion, Obama has said repeatedly that he practices Christianity. In fact, in his 1995 memoir Dreams From My Father, Obama describes his decision to become a Christian during his time as a political organizer on Chicago’s South Side. He had little reason at that time to hide being a Muslim and pretend to be a Christian as it was before the 9/11 terrorist attacks and his entry into national politics.
So, why do rumors about Obama being a Muslim persist, despite his declarations to the contrary and the very public scandal surrounding his former pastor Jeremiah Wright? NPR senior news analyst Cokie Roberts faults racism. She remarked on ABC’s “This Week” that a fifth of Americans believe Obama’s a Muslim because it’s unacceptable to say, “I don’t like him ’cause he’s black.” On the other hand, “it’s acceptable to dislike him because he’s a Muslim,” she declared.
Like the birther movement, the Muslim conspiracy movement against Obama highlights the fact that the president’s different. He has a “funny name,” a so-called exotic upbringing, and Kenyan heritage. Rather than point out their distaste for these differences, some members of the public find it convenient to label Obama a Muslim, This serves to marginalize him and is used as an excuse to question his leadership and actions in the war on terror.
Racial Attacks vs. Political Differences
Not every attack against President Obama is racist, of course. Some of his detractors took issue with his policy alone and not with his skin color.
When the president’s opponents use racial stereotypes to undermine him or accuse him of lying about his origins because he’s different—biracial, bred outside of the continental U.S. and born to a Kenyan father with a “strange name”—an undercurrent of racism is often at play.
As former President Jimmy Carter said in 2009: “When a radical fringe element of demonstrators …begin to attack the president of the United States as an animal or as a reincarnation of Adolf Hitler…people who are guilty of that kind of personal attack against Obama have been influenced to a major degree by a belief that he should not be president because he happens to be African American.”

cite

The Impact of the Birther Movement on Barack Obama’s Presidency

The Bible, Race, and Slavery

Date: February 17, 2018 03:36AM

riverhousebill

Not every attack against President Obama is racist, of course. Some of his detractors took issue with his policy alone and not with his skin color.

Ya think?

Date: February 17, 2018 03:50AM

Jennifer
riverhousebill

Your right Jennifer not every attack, Just most

Oh that policy of the artist hired to do the painting that kind of issue Yes

Ya think? Jennifer with No Evidence To Indict to prove wrong doings,

Id Say racism is the main factor. The on going Obama freakout tent,

People going at him and want to see sperm on his face

Ya racist you think?

In a logical world people what have points, not sperm visions.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables