Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
top 10 career recipients of N.R.A. funding
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: February 15, 2018 09:30AM

The govt does not want your guns, They already have your minds

All these recipients listed are republicans.
Follow the money!
anything for the Iron penis complex, whats dead school children compared to my NRA backed .right for Bump stock autos

By DAVID LEONHARDT, IAN PRASAD PHILBRICK and STUART A. THOMPSON
OCT. 4, 2017
Most Americans support stronger gun laws — laws that would reduce deaths. But Republicans in Congress stand in the way. They fear alienating their primary voters and the National Rifle Association.
Below are the top 10 career recipients of N.R.A. funding – through donations or spending to benefit the candidate – among both current House and Senate members, along with their statements about the Las Vegas massacre. These representatives have a lot to say about it. All the while, they refuse to do anything to avoid the next massacre.
Senate

John McCain
Ariz.
“Cindy & I are praying for the victims of the terrible #LasVegasShooting & their families.”
$7,740,521
from the N.R.A.

Richard Burr
N.C.
“My heart is with the people of Las Vegas and their first responders today. This morning’s tragic violence has absolutely no place here in America.”
$6,986,620
from the N.R.A.

Roy Blunt
Mo.
“Saddened by the tragic loss of life in #LasVegas. My thoughts are with all of the families affected by this horrific attack.”
$4,551,146
from the N.R.A.

Thom Tillis
N.C.
“Susan and I send our deepest condolences and prayers to the families of the victims of this horrific and senseless tragedy in Las Vegas.”
$4,418,012
from the N.R.A.

Cory Gardner
Co.
“My family and I are praying for the families of those injured and killed in Las Vegas last night.”
$3,879,064
from the N.R.A.

Marco Rubio
Fla.
“I’m praying for all the victims, their families, and our first responders in the #LasVegas #MandalayBay shooting.”
$3,303,355
from the N.R.A.

Joni Ernst
Iowa
“My prayers are with all of the victims in Las Vegas, and their loved ones affected by this senseless act of violence.”
$3,124,273
from the N.R.A.

Rob Portman
Ohio
“Jane & I mourn the loss of innocent lives in this horrific attack in Las Vegas last night. We are praying for those taken from us, their families & all those injured in this attack.”
$3,061,941
from the N.R.A.

Todd Young
Ind.
“We must offer our full support to the victims and their families as our nation mourns.”
$2,896,732
from the N.R.A.

Bill Cassidy
La.
“Following closely the horrendous act of violence in Las Vegas. Our prayers are with those who were injured, killed and their families.”
$2,861,047
from the N.R.A.
House

French Hill
Ark.
“Martha and I are praying for the families and victims of this senseless act of evil. […] We must continue to work together to stop this kind of terror.”
$1,089,477
from the N.R.A.

Ken Buck
Co.
“I'm praying for all of those impacted by the evil events in Las Vegas last night. Our country must stand together in support of the families of the victims and the community.”
$800,544
from the N.R.A.

David Young
Iowa
“My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families and friends of the horrific and evil tragedy in Las Vegas.”
$707,662
from the N.R.A.

Mike Simpson
Idaho
“Though no words can heal our hurt, and no explanation will ever feel sufficient, I pray that all involved may find comfort as we process this devastating tragedy.”
$385,731
from the N.R.A.

Greg Gianforte
Mont.
No statement released.
$344,630
from the N.R.A.

Don Young
Alaska
“Anne and I are praying for all those involved or impacted by this heinous act of violence.”
$245,720
from the N.R.A.

Lloyd Smucker
Pa.
“Horrific act of violence in Las Vegas. Cindy and I pray for the victims, their families, and the first responders.”
$221,736
from the N.R.A.

Bruce Poliquin
Maine
“My thoughts are with all those effected in the horrifying attacks in Las Vegas. The nation is with you.”
$201,398
from the N.R.A.

Pete Sessions
Tex.
“My deepest sympathies are with all who were harmed by this horrific tragedy.”
$158,111
from the N.R.A.

Barbara Comstock
Va.
“I am heartbroken by the mass murder that took place last night in Las Vegas and I am praying for the victims, families, and first responders.”
$137,232
from the N.R.A.
All of these representatives are Republican. The highest ranked Democrat in the House is Sanford Bishop, who ranks 41st in career donations from the N.R.A. Among the top 100 House recipients, 95 are Republican. In the Senate, the top two Democrats are Joe Manchin of West Virginia and Patrick Leahy of Vermont, who rank 52nd and 53rd — behind every Republican but Dan Sullivan of Alaska.
Finally, why are our numbers different from those in Bret Stephens's column on the Second Amendment? Because ours include money the N.R.A. spends on behalf of candidates, in addition to money it gives directly to candidates.
Note: John McCain received the bulk of his donations as the 2008 Republican presidential nominee. For all Congress members, total includes both direct campaign contributions as well as outside money spent on behalf of candidates from the N.R.A.'s Political Action Committees and directly from the N.R.A.'s 501(c)(4) social welfare arm, which does not have to disclose its donors to the public. Figures also subtract independent expenditures for and against opponents if the candidate did not compete in a general election. Dollar figures are career totals back to 1989.

Source: Center for Responsive Politics
Correction: Oct. 4, 2017
An earlier version of this graphic misidentified the home state of Representative Don Young. He is from Alaska, not Arkansas. It also included incorrect data from the Center for Responsive Politics, which they have since corrected. The total amount from the N.R.A. that benefited Senator Richard Burr was $6.99 million, not $5.90 million.
Email
Tweet
More
More on NYTimes.com

Europe Edition
Florida, Jacob Zuma, Champions League: Your Thursday Briefing Feb. 14, 2018

Florida School Shooting

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: top 10 career recipients of N.R.A. funding
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: February 16, 2018 03:44AM

So this weird copy and paste job is in response to the school shooting in Florida.

Guns are not the reason for this shooting and other shootings. Duh! Like if there were no guns, there would never be any violence and no killings - sure.

So for those who are able to think outside the box, here's a fabulous article which details the reasons for mass shootings -

The Truth About Mass Shootings: It’s Not Guns! See the Hidden, Correct Target…

[www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com]

"Guns are the wrong target.

Why?

Because prior to these shootings, there were just as many guns per capita and there was unrestricted access to semiautomatic weapons, even for young adults and kids. But even more evidence that guns are the wrong target is the undeniable fact that in towns, cities, schools, and shopping malls, where guns have been severely restricted and in some cases outright banned, the statistic of murder, HAS NOT DROPPED, IT HAS INCREASED!

Even greater evidence that proves guns are the wrong target is found in towns, cities, schools and shopping malls where law abiding, responsible citizens are allowed to carry concealed weapons. In those areas where guns are the least restricted we see the statistic of murder and violent crime HAS DROPPED SIGNIFICANTLY."

(There's much more to the article - it's really good)

And there's no way The Libs are going to take away our guns that we use to protect ourselves against the criminals, gangs, thugs, thieves, rapists and psychos.

Did the Government Thugs take away the stones from the cavemen that they used for hunting and protecting themselves?

Did the Government Thugs take away the swords and knives the knights used for protection against their enemies?

Did the Government Thugs take away the bows and arrows that the Indians used to protect themselves from the white men?

No, the Government Lib/RINO thugs are not taking away our guns either.

Date: February 16, 2018 07:09AM

Please, someone explain to me how you can be simultaneously Pro-Life and Pro-Gun?  Even if you only shoot deer or ducks, using a gun for anything other than target practice, generally means that something is likely to DIE.  So where does the Pro-Life @#$%& come in?
And if you’re Pro-Life/Gun how exactly do you square your beliefs with the fact that last year, in the U.S. alone, there were over 33,000 gun deaths and another 75,000 gun injuries (CDC)?  It appears that firing a gun is actually more of a Pro-Death activity.  And because Pro-Life is specifically a cause against the so-called “murder” of “children” via abortion, what do you think the owner of this car would say about the fact that 2800 children and teens die by gun EVERY YEAR?  Or that in 2010, the American Journal of Medicine reported that of  23 high-income countries, 91% of children killed by firearms were in the U.S.?
If you’re Pro-Gun, you can only be Pro-Life in the narrowest and most hypocritical sense of the word (i.e. Pro-Life for fetuses).  Or as the comedian George Carlin famously said about Pro-Lifers, they believe:  “If you’re Pre-Born you’re Protected.  If you’re Pre-School, you’re @#$%&!”
I suggest a law that if you have both a Pro-Life and Pro-Gun bumper sticker on your car, you are hereby required by law, to add my ….AND I’M A MORON sticker along side it.
Hard to believe that in the second decade of the 21st century, an entire major U.S. political party is rallying around the ignorant hypocrisy of being both Pro-Life and Pro-Gun.  Go figure.  And what’s worse, they don’t even see the irony.

Advertisements

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 16, 2018 09:25PM

>Please, someone explain to me how you can be simultaneously Pro-Life and Pro-Gun?

Same thing as living and smoking. You kill yourself gradually.

It is called life recycling.

They give life (Pro Life) and take it away (Pro Gun).

Date: February 17, 2018 12:56AM

Its more important to protect gun rights than children.

Iron Penis complex -NRA

Date: February 17, 2018 02:43AM

“For more than 200 years, the federal courts have unanimously determined that the Second Amendment concerns only the arming of the people in service to an organized state Militia: it does not guarantee immediate access to guns for private purposes. The nation can no longer afford to let the gun lobbies’ distortion of the constitution cripple every reasonable attempt to implement an effective national policy towards guns and crime.”

The Govt does not want your guns, They already have your brains.

Date: February 17, 2018 03:36AM

What a Disgrace our children have to grow up with this fear.
because some have a twisted view of gun rights

The Republicans bear the primary responsibility, though. Ever since Sandy Hook, it is their craven subservience to the gun lobby that has prevented meaningful action, even as the carnage that Rubio referred to has continued. “Turn on your televisions right now and you are going to see scenes of children running for their lives,” Chris Murphy, the junior Democratic senator for Connecticut, said on the Senate floor on Wednesday afternoon. “Let me just note once again for my colleagues: this happens nowhere else other than the United States of America. This epidemic of mass slaughter, this scourge of school shooting after school shooting, it only happens here. Not because of coincidence, not because of bad luck, but as a consequence of our inaction. We are responsible for a level of mass atrocity that happens in this country with zero parallel anywhere else.”

“For more than 200 years, the federal courts have unanimously determined that the Second Amendment concerns only the arming of the people in service to an organized state Militia: it does not guarantee immediate access to guns for private purposes. The nation can no longer afford to let the gun lobbies’ distortion of the constitution cripple every reasonable attempt to implement an effective national policy towards guns and crime.”

The Govt does not want your guns, They already have your brains.

Date: February 18, 2018 02:11AM

riverhousebill

Please, someone explain to me how you can be simultaneously Pro-Life and Pro-Gun? 

Simply because:

Pro-Life is Protecting the Life of Unborn Babies from getting killed by their mothers

-and -

Pro-Gun is Protecting the Life of Oneself and One's Family from getting killed by criminals, gangs, thugs, thieves, rapists, wild or rabid or attacking animals, murderers and psychos.

So - "Protection" is the key word here.

Date: February 18, 2018 04:30AM

The NRA is not responsible for school shootings.

The NRA is not the cause of the school shootings.

Guns are not responsible for school shootings.

Guns are not the cause of the school shootings.

The Shooter is the cause and is responsible for the school shootings.

Date: February 18, 2018 04:47AM

The Truth About Mass Shootings: It’s Not Guns!

[www.ignatius-piazza-front-sight.com]

"Look to see what CHANGES took place in society when mass shootings first began and what has increased in society directly and proportionally to the increase in mass shootings, even during the same time when strong actions and restrictions against guns and violent media were being implemented to stop the mass shootings.

The answer, the common denominator, in the ever increasing number of mass shootings was and continues to be the creation of strong, mind-altering, psychiatric drugs by the pharmaceutical companies and their systematic pushing of these drugs to our children and youth through our public school system, and the endless assault of prescribing anti-depression medication for adults. These drugs create the monsters who are killing their parents, teachers and schoolmates and the public at large.

Bold statement? Not really. EVERY MASS SHOOTER SINCE COLUMBINE HAS BEEN ON PSYCH DRUGS!

When I recognized psych drugs being pushed on our youth as the right target after the Columbine shootings. I stated it then and I have stated it after every mass shooting since and guess what, EVERY SHOOTER has been under psychiatric care, taking these powerful, mind-altering drugs that are scientifically proven to create homicidal and suicidal urges in those being prescribed these drugs!

Ban the prescription and distribution of these strong, mind-altering drugs and as a society we will not have drug induced assassins killing innocent people.

Of course to do so, would take multi-billions of dollars in ridiculous profits from the pharmaceutical companies who through their relentless “lobbying” in Washington, DC have managed to not only stay in business when all evidence points at their product as the root cause of these mass shootings, they also convinced Congress years ago to pass legislation allowing the blatant advertising of antidepressant drugs on TV, radio, Internet, newspapers and magazines.

Now you understand one of the reasons why members of Congress, who receive huge political contributions from the pharmaceutical industry, avoid attacking the RIGHT TARGET, psych drugs, and continue to point fingers at the wrong target… your guns.

The latest shooting is no different. It is not about hate or easy access to guns. It is about the anti-social, psychopathic effects of psychiatric drugs that are irresponsibly forced on society from the cradle to the grave through pharmaceutical marketing budgets that are larger than the gross national product of many third world countries and the drug pushing psychiatrists and medical doctors who prescribe them.

My efforts to spread the truth that it is NOT guns, but rather psych drugs that are doing the killing is being heard and more main stream media sources are finally spreading the truth with me.

See this article [www.wnd.com]

If we truly want to stop mass shootings, we have to ban the prescription and distribution of these strong, mind-altering drugs and as a society we will not have drug induced assassins killing innocent people."

Watch this video -

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2018 04:54AM by Jennifer.

Date: February 20, 2018 01:09AM

More inconvenient gun facts -

Date: February 20, 2018 01:12AM

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 22, 2018 01:59AM

Guns for World Peace!!! (Are you sure you're VEGAN?)))

Jennifer continues to drag U.S. back to the Wild West times when everyone was armed and anyone could be shot at any time for anything.

Guns are a sign of mental illness. Only a dis-eased and mentally disturbed people would invent and obsess over an invention with one purpose to kill.

Just think if all that energy you put out whining about abortions and advocating guns was put to planting Permaculture Paradise on Earth. Then WE'd be getting somewhere.

And YES there would be no more murder when the conditions of Paradise are restored and people are not consuming VIOLENCE/meat...

"and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Date: February 22, 2018 02:39AM

Yeah, Utopia would be wonderful but that's not the world we live in. We live in a world where Evil exists and if all the good guys had all their guns taken away, there would be a million more instances of terror, killing, torture, etc. than there are now. This world would be holy hell. Everyone is armed in Switzerland and there is little crime.

The Swiss Difference: A Gun Culture That Works

The country had one mass shooting in 2001, but a resulting anti-gun referendum failed to pass. The Swiss will not give up the gun. Can their system work in the U.S.?

[world.time.com]

Even as the gun-control debate rises again in the U.S. in the aftermath of the horrific school shooting in Newtown, Conn., the gun-loving Swiss are not about to lay down their arms. Guns are ubiquitous in this neutral nation, with sharpshooting considered a fun and wholesome recreational activity for people of all ages.

Even though Switzerland has not been involved in an armed conflict since a standoff between Catholics and Protestants in 1847, the Swiss are very serious not only about their right to own weapons but also to carry them around in public. Because of this general acceptance and even pride in gun ownership, nobody bats an eye at the sight of a civilian riding a bus, bike or motorcycle to the shooting range, with a rifle slung across the shoulder.

“We will never change our attitude about the responsible use of weapons by law-abiding citizens,” says Hermann Suter, vice president of Pro-Tell, the country’s gun lobby, named after legendary apple shooter William Tell, who used a crossbow to target enemies long before firearms were invented.

Switzerland trails behind only the U.S, Yemen and Serbia in the number of guns per capita; between 2.3 million and 4.5 million military and private firearms are estimated to be in circulation in a country of only 8 million people. Yet, despite the prevalence of guns, the violent-crime rate is low: government figures show about 0.5 gun homicides per 100,000 inhabitants in 2010. By comparison, the U.S rate in the same year was about 5 firearm killings per 100,000 people, according to a 2011 U.N. report.

Unlike some other heavily armed nations, Switzerland’s gun ownership is deeply rooted in a sense of patriotic duty and national identity. Weapons are kept at home because of the long-held belief that enemies could invade tiny Switzerland quickly, so every soldier had to be able to fight his way to his regiment’s assembly point. (Switzerland was at risk of being invaded by Germany during World War II but was spared, historians say, because every Swiss man was armed and trained to shoot.)

But the “gun in every closet” tradition was challenged in 2001, after a disgruntled citizen opened fire with his army rifle inside a regional parliament, killing 14 and injuring 14 others — the only mass shooting in Switzerland’s recent history. The subsequent opposition to widespread gun ownership spearheaded a push for stricter arms legislation. The government and pro-gun groups argued, however, that the country’s existing laws regulating the sale, ownership and licensing of private guns, which includes a ban on carrying concealed weapons, are stringent enough. The law allows citizens or legal residents over the age of 18, who have obtained a permit from the government and who have no criminal record or history of mental illness, to buy up to three weapons from an authorized dealer, with the exception of automatic firearms and selective fire weapons, which are banned. Semiautomatics, which have caused havoc in the U.S., can be legally purchased.

The authorities made one concession, though: since 2008, all military — but not private — ammunition must be stored in central arsenals rather than in soldiers’ homes. The debate culminated in a nationwide referendum last year, when 56% of voters rejected the proposal initiated by anti-gun organizations to ban army rifles from homes altogether.

Although guns are responsible for between 200 and 300 suicides each year in Switzerland, Pro-Tell’s Suter says these statistics have to be put in a wider perspective. He points out that the bullets used in suicides are only a tiny fraction of the 75 million rounds of ammunition that are fired each year in Switzerland during military and civilian target practice.

One of the reasons the crime rate in Switzerland is low despite the prevalence of weapons — and also why the Swiss mentality can’t be transposed to the current American reality — is the culture of responsibility and safety that is anchored in society and passed from generation to generation. Kids as young as 12 belong to gun groups in their local communities, where they learn sharpshooting. The Swiss Shooting Sports Association runs about 3,000 clubs and has 150,000 members, including a youth section. Many members keep their guns and ammunition at home, while others choose to leave them at the club. And yet, despite such easy access to pistols and rifles, “no members have ever used their guns for criminal purposes,” says Max Flueckiger, the association’s spokesperson.

“Social conditions are fundamental in deterring crime,” says Peter Squires, professor of criminology and public policy at the University of Brighton in Great Britain, who has studied gun violence in different countries and concluded that a “culture of support” rather than focus on individualism, can deter mass killings.

“If people have a responsible, disciplined and organized introduction into an activity like shooting, there will be less risk of gun violence,” he tells TIME.

That sense of social and civic responsibility is one of the reasons the Swiss have never allowed their guns to come under fire.

Date: February 22, 2018 02:44AM

NuNativs

Jennifer continues to drag U.S. back to the Wild West times when everyone was armed and anyone could be shot at any time for anything.

If only the criminals and psychos had guns and everyone else was unarmed, yes you are right - they, the dirbags, would be shooting at anyone at any time for anything.

What part of - "Wherever guns are banned, crime rises," do you not understand?

Date: February 22, 2018 02:52AM

NuNativs

Guns are a sign of mental illness. Only a dis-eased and mentally disturbed people would invent and obsess over an invention with one purpose to kill.

Guns are a sign of people inventing a Weapon to Defend Themselves and their families against Evil Criminals and Psychos.

An Evil Criminal or Psycho killing innocent people is a sign of mental illness.

Who obsesses over guns? People who are passionate about defending themselves and their families against Evil Criminals and Psychos. And people who are passionate about defending The Citizenry against Evil Tyrannical Governments who would exterminate their citizens. (See a couple of my posts on when and where that happened)

Who else obsesses over guns? Evil Criminals and Psychos.

Who else obsesses over guns? LIBS The Gun-Grabbers

Date: February 22, 2018 03:13AM

There is no such thing as EVIL it is merely LIVE spelled backwards. If WE all were given the conditions of LIFE EVIL as you say would not exist and guns will NEVER take U.S. to that place...

Date: February 22, 2018 03:25AM

Sounds heavenly, but right now - Be Here Now - we're living in a @#$%&-up Evil World and it's either protect yourself/defend yourself or be killed by the Drugged up, Gang Members, Criminals, Murderers, Rapists, Thieves and Psychos (did I forget anybody) and Cartels. In other words - the Killers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2018 03:26AM by Jennifer.

Date: February 22, 2018 04:10AM

NuNativs

Just think if all that energy you put out whining about abortions and advocating guns was put to planting Permaculture Paradise on Earth.

Yes, thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of the left Libs - We can't own a gun to protect ourselves and our family's from Criminals, etc., but we can Torture and Kill Unborn Babies with abandon.

Date: February 22, 2018 04:33AM

Jennifer
NuNativs

Just think if all that energy you put out whining about abortions and advocating guns was put to planting Permaculture Paradise on Earth.

Yes, thanks for pointing out the hypocrisy of the left Libs - We can't own a gun to protect ourselves and our family's from Criminals, etc., but we can Torture and Kill Unborn Babies with abandon.
Thanks for pointing out your own Hypocrisy that you aren't doing ANYTHING to change the conditions that lead to all the things you're going up against being the BIGGEST hypocrite of all...

(And again you haven't spoken a word as to your diet. From your rhetoric I assume you eat eggs/fetus' thus abortions (hypocritical), and meat/VIOLENCE in abundance) thus guns....

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 22, 2018 05:44AM

Jennifer:
These drugs create the monsters who are killing their parents, teachers and schoolmates and the public at large.

Tai
There is something more primary than drugs. It's the belief system of the drugged.

I read a case of a man who took prozac for the first time and he had a very powerful urge to drive in front of a truck due to the drug. He had no murder in his heart despite the thoughts flashing in his brain, so he drove over to the side of the road and threw his keys down a hill. He called for help. End of story.

There is an awareness beyond the brain. If someone was a very pure soul and was drugged, they would not commit a sin despite urges of the drug. People with principles have gone through horrific torture and still did not cave in despite deforming torture. THis goes for religious types and even loyal soldiers. If someone does not want to give in, they won't. Physical torture is much more difficult to endure than a drug.

People's beliefs are the issue.

This woman just killed her entire family. They were Jehovah's witnesses, who try to argue against what Jesus taught about hell. They don't believe in hell. This woman had no fear of being thrown into hell for murdering her innocent children and husband, because of her belief system
[people.com]

This is just one of many mentions of hell in the bible. And the Jehovah witness leader convinced his followers to not believe Jesus.

Matthew 18:8
Jesus said:
If your hand or your foot causes you to fall into sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life crippled or lame than to have two hands and two feet and be thrown into the eternal fire. 9And if your eye causes you to fall into sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

P.S.
Jennifer:
If we truly want to stop mass shootings, we have to ban the prescription and distribution of these strong, mind-altering drugs and as a society we will not have drug induced assassins killing innocent people.

Tai:
people should use herbs, but failing natural herbs, psych drugs are sometimes needed for certain people sometimes. Of course, they have terrible and horrible side effects in others. It's a disaster. But banning psych drugs without having powerful herbal formulas and nutritional protocols in their place is not a solution and it's not viable.

Date: February 22, 2018 03:28PM

Tai I agree with you on the psyche drugs being a major factor in these incidents but I think the prime cause of even WHY those are being manufactured and consumed is because of people being imbalanced and irritated from diet and LIFESTYLE factors.

The PRIME cause is animal consumption and a LIFE AWAY from nature and the CURE is to get the majority of the populace back in LINE with the FORCES of LIFE...

Date: February 22, 2018 08:50PM

Google and you will see alcohol not drugs the biggest problem when it comes to gun play

Date: February 23, 2018 01:28AM

NuNativs wrote:
Tai I agree with you on the psyche drugs being a major factor in these incidents

Tai:
Actually that was Jennifer's argument not mine. My argument was the belief system. I am not dismissing the dangers of drugs but what is more primary is the belief system.

NuNativs:
The PRIME cause is animal consumption and a LIFE AWAY from nature and the CURE is to get the majority of the populace back in LINE with the FORCES of LIFE...

Tai:
Sounds nice, yet people's belief system needs to be developed to be stronger than the environment or diet. A person should be strong enough to know what is right and wrong and to live by it, even if they lived in a plastic landfill and had only junk food to eat. The strength is not in muscle power but in pure awareness. A person could be dying with one last breath and should still know right from wrong. A vegan could be unfairly imprisoned with the worst diet and should still maintain the same compassionate heart despite whatever food was available.

My point: the solution lies inside the heart or more specifically a person's soul, not outside the body.

Date: February 23, 2018 03:06AM

My point: the solution lies inside the heart or more specifically a person's soul, not outside the body.

Tai problem there is people with swollen frontal lobe have no heart.

Date: February 23, 2018 03:55AM

Tai
NuNativs wrote:
Tai I agree with you on the psyche drugs being a major factor in these incidents

Tai:
Actually that was Jennifer's argument not mine. My argument was the belief system. I am not dismissing the dangers of drugs but what is more primary is the belief system.

Thanks, Tai.

Yes, NuNativis, I've said since the shooting - here -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Here - [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Here - [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

That I believe Prescription Psych Drugs are the CAUSE of the killer committing the mass shootings. Considering almost all mass shooters were on those drugs.

So now that you agree with me that the drugs are a major factor in the mass shootings -

Why are you and the other Gun-Grabbing Libs trying to take our guns that we use to protect ourselves and defend ourselves against Violent Drug Addicts, Criminals, Murderers, Rapists, Thieves, Gang Members, Psychos and The Government? You want to disarm all American Citizens and confiscate the guns of all American Citizens so we are all sitting ducks. Yeah, that makes sense.

When guns are not the CAUSE of mass shootings.

Date: February 24, 2018 02:53AM

Tai

Tai:
people should use herbs, but failing natural herbs, psych drugs are sometimes needed for certain people sometimes. Of course, they have terrible and horrible side effects in others. It's a disaster. But banning psych drugs without having powerful herbal formulas and nutritional protocols in their place is not a solution and it's not viable.

Yes, it's a shame that some people have irreparably damaged their bodies and brains with prescription drugs, and not just psych drugs. I've done research into some of them and it's horrible what long-term permanent damage they do. Drugs freak me out much more than guns.

Date: February 24, 2018 03:00PM

Tai:
"My point: the solution lies inside the heart or more specifically a person's soul, not outside the body."

I completely disagree with you you give humans way too much credit. Most will never live up to what you are expecting. Ehret said it best:

"Mans hoped for return to Gods kingdom cannot and never will be realized through ethical and self-made morals by praying and soft hearts or by expecting "miracles" or through belief in transcendent existence.

Gods "heaven on Earth" was originally in Paradise the Garden of Eden; which literally means mans happiness mans absolute health has existed and can ONLY exist again under fruit bearing trees." (Permaculture Food Forests for best results).

WE are the product of OUR environment until WE change the mechanics of "civilization" humans will NOT change and will continue to degenerate as WE are witnessing.

Notice Jennifer that guns are NOT the way back to Paradise....

Date: February 25, 2018 03:21AM

I never said that guns were the way back to Paradise.

I said that Paradise would be lovely, but getting back to Paradise may take a long time if we can ever achieve it.

And the discussion is not about - Getting back to Paradise.

The discussion is about - Should Guns be Banned. Should law-abiding American Citizens be Disarmed. Should Guns be Confiscated by force of our Government?

Also - what are the Facts about Guns and Crime. What are the Facts about Mass Shootings.

I think I've answered all those questions and given the facts and statistics to show that -

Where guns are banned, crime increases because Criminals Still Get Guns and Commit Even More Crime. Because - Most gun crime is by Criminals. Duh!

And most violent crime is not performed with guns! Duh!

90% of all violent crimes in the U.S. do not involve firearms of any type.

Fewer than 1% of firearms will ever be used in the commission of a crime.

Two-thirds of the people who die each year from gunfire are criminals being shot by other criminals.

Guns are not the cause of Mass Shootings.

So the conclusion is -

Gun-related deaths are caused by CRIMINALS. Guns in the hands of law-abiding citizens save many-fold more lives than are lost. So to take all the legal guns from law-abiding citizens will leave the Criminals with all their illegal guns and it's a fact that crime and gun-related death does and will increase with 'gun control'.

So while were wor'king our way back to Paradise,in the meantime, we have to deal with our Reality Right Here Right Now. And the reality is that there are 'bad' people in the world who Assault, Torture, Rape and Kill other people. Only 1% of those atrocities are committed with guns. So the 'good' people have a Right to protect themselves and their family.

Date: February 25, 2018 09:51PM

NuNativs:
I completely disagree with you you give humans way too much credit. Most will never live up to what you are expecting.

Tai:
I agree with your wish for fruit forests. I think it's stupid people don't plant fruit trees in their front yards and everywhere, as well as nurture forests and permaculture.

All I said is that the belief system is primary. The belief system is the first step to building a food forest. SO you can't disagree with that.

Modern science is based on atheism and as a result, technology has advanced faster than morality and as a result, the earth is polluted, mutations are ghastly, there are innumerable weapons to destroy everyone on the planet, etc, etc and they are working on cloning humans. I don't want that. I would like a fruit forest paradise, peace, love and harmony.

You think I give humans too much credit? I think you give them too little.
A couple months ago, I saw a young man about 18-20 sprawled out in an alley. If a car drove by, he would be hit. He was sleeping. He was wearing neutral colors and was barely visible for cars. I told him to move to the side because he would get hit by a car. He pretended to not hear even though I clearly woke him up by my loud voice. I urged him a few times to move. I realized he didn't care if he died. I realized he was self destructive. He was sleeping because he was drugged. It's not uncommon for young people like that to do heavy drugs and then zone out. The man was not going to move. I decided to tell him about hell. I told him that he would likely go to hell, if he died that day. I told him that he would totally regret dying, because life continues on after death and good will be rewarded with good and evil with evil. I told him that even a bum life is better than hell. It was pretty obvious he was on drugs. As I explained about hell, he said, "ok ok." He was upset hearing about hell and realized he didn't want to die after all. and then he moved against a garage and fell asleep. About a minute later, 5 minutes at the most, a huge massive garbage truck came barreling through the alley and it would have squashed this thin young man.
So there you have it, even a drugged out miscreant eating homeless food has the ability to tell right from wrong and act accordingly...when it was explained to him clearly that death could bring worse pain and suffering than he was experiencing. When explained that while he was high on drugs, he still had enough sense to choose life.
The afterlife is an extension of this life. I am not saying to ignore making this life "heaven on earth" if you can. I try in my own way.

My point is that when people think there is no after life, that there is no consequence for wrong deeds after death, that they can just kill themselves or be killed to escape a life here they don't like, this type of atheism is very damaging to society because it makes people less inhibited to murder. Stating this does not negate the concept of teaching people permaculture and growing food forests.

Nunativs:
"Mans hoped for return to Gods kingdom cannot and never will be realized through ethical and self-made morals by praying and soft hearts or by expecting "miracles" or through belief in transcendent existence

Tai:
We were talking about the cause of mass shootings and now you are talking about paradise.

The really genuine spiritual types live a life of action to better the world. Knowing there is an afterlife is more of an impetus to be the best person possible in this life.

There comes a time in a person's life, when they have to get real. I have a friend who thought he was Christian. he thought he was following the bible. Then his body fell apart from multiple diseases and he flatlined in the hospital. He had a near death experience where he was taken into a garden and shown how to be vegan and care for animals. In the garden, he was told by God to stop killing animals. He had a dairy farm and slaughtered many of his animals. THat was over 20 years ago and he has been vegan ever since and gave up his farm.
Many people said that God said to kill this or kill that. Actually God said "Thou shall not kill"

And Nunativs, I am just sharing what all the westerners are supposed to know. As I said before, I delved deep into the eastern understanding and what the ancient Chinese practiced. There is far more to the story.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables