Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: top 10 career recipients of N.R.A. funding
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: February 27, 2018 03:03AM

Tai

Modern science is based on atheism and as a result, technology has advanced faster than morality and as a result, the earth is polluted, mutations are ghastly, there are innumerable weapons to destroy everyone on the planet, etc, etc and they are working on cloning humans.

Yes, working on cloning humans - here is how far they are along -

Monkey Clones Created in the Lab. Now What?

[news.nationalgeographic.com]

"In a controversial milestone, researchers have cloned a pair of macaques using a method that could, in theory, be used to clone humans.

In a world first, Chinese researchers have successfully cloned macaques using the same technique that yielded the famous clone Dolly the sheep. The milestone, published in Cell on Wednesday, marks the first time that primates have ever been cloned in such a manner.

The years-long effort, led by Chinese Academy of Sciences postdoctoral fellow Zhen Liu, culminated in the recent birth of two female macaques, Zhong Zhong and Hua Hua. The macaques’ names are drawn from the word zhonghua, an adjective for the Chinese people.

The two macaques—eight weeks and six weeks old—are genetically identical, both clones of the same donor culture of fetal monkey cells. The young monkeys are reportedly healthy and currently live in an incubator.

The discovery potentially leads to a brave new world of biomedical research and will unquestionably spark debate over cloning another primate species: humans."

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: February 27, 2018 09:27AM

Stephen Colbert Nails The NRA's Complete Hypocrisy In A Single Sentence

Enterprise Car Rental says they will no longer discount NRA members

I’m surprised the NRA was affiliated with car rental companies at all, considering Hertz and Avis enforce tyrannical rules like "age restrictions" and "having a license."
7:06 PM - Feb 26, 2018

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/27/2018 09:30AM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: February 27, 2018 01:21PM

Well I don't believe in "heaven" any more than I believe in "hell". That smacks too much of what so called christians always say about punishment from "god" in the afterlife. If you're pining for all the benefits of the "life" beyond this LIFE whats the point of focusing on the miracle WE have here and now?

To me the "afterlife" is like being on prescription drugs it's how people check out instead of dealing with what WE KNOW WE have. Why improve terrestrial conditions when "heaven" will be so much more? No thanks...

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 28, 2018 04:56AM

Nunativs:
Well I don't believe in "heaven" any more than I believe in "hell". That smacks too much of what so called christians always say about punishment from "god" in the afterlife.

Tai:
It's not a christian thing ONLY. The Buddha discussed it. Mahavira (of Jainism) discussed it. Tibetan buddhism discusses it. It's just in the east, it's not described as punishment from god, just repayment of karma, like a natural law of the cosmos.

Nunativs:
If you're pining for all the benefits of the "life" beyond this LIFE whats the point of focusing on the miracle WE have here and now?

Tai:
It's one and the same in my mind. Being a good person and considering other people first, considering whether one's actions are going to hurt others does not take away from a full time job of planting permaculture gardens and food forests. Cultivating moral character does not impact one's schedule. Letting go of attachments inside the heart does not have to lead to living a life as a monk. It leads to tranquility in daily life, though.
Striving to be a good person and avoid karma is just smart for the afterlife and it enhances this life, as well.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 28, 2018 05:25AM

Jennifer mentioned monkey clones.

Barbara Streisand cloned her dog.

This is really bad news.

[variety.com]

This wasn’t just a clever turn of phrase. Streisand revealed that two of her dogs, Miss Violet and Miss Scarlett, were cloned from her 14-year-old Coton du Tulear Samantha, who died in 2017. Before Samantha died, Streisand had cells taken from her mouth and stomach.

“They have different personalities,” Streisand says. “I’m waiting for them to get older so I can see if they have her [Samantha’s] brown eyes and seriousness.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2018 05:28AM by Tai.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 28, 2018 02:42PM

You can clone the body but you cannot clone the soul.
It is the result of each individual choices even for animals.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables