Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How many cows/bulls for ONE Rolls Royce? 12...TWELVE
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: February 26, 2018 06:01AM

TAI' COMMENT: WHEN WILL PEOPLE USE THEIR MONEY FOR COMPASSION? THERE IS AHIMSA SILK AND AHIMSA LEATHER. IF SOMEONE IS SO WEALTHY, PUT THE MONEY IN AHIMSA LEATHER.

While the Rolls Royce website says 12 cows, this reporter said for the electric rolls royce, they use 15-18 bull hides

[www.thehogring.com]

According to the company rep who handed me the keys [of the phantom electric car], the luxurious sedan features a cashmere-blend headliner and is trimmed in 15 to 18 hides of Bavarian bull

[www.rolls-roycemotorcars.com]

The leather in a Rolls-Royce motor car is unlike any other. It is the finest in the world. The bulls give our craftspeople the most exquisite material to work with. And it is in the hands of these artisans that the real magic happens.

The superior finish of Rolls-Royce leather begins with the hides from which it comes. The cows live freely – and their welfare is fundamental to the quality of their hides. Our carefully selected farmers understand this and genuinely care about the leather that comes from the cows they raise for food.

TAI'S NOTE: They care about the leather, not the animals' lives

Most hides come from the Simmental breed. Not only do these larger cattle give bigger hides, but they are also raised in a moist region with a temperate climate. This makes a big difference to the hide, as their skin doesn’t dry out. The lush grass they feed on has a direct effect on their skin. Brian Staite, General Manager of the Leathershop, explains: ‘The hide of a cow is the same as our skin. If you don’t drink enough fluid, eat junk food and lie in the sun all day, your skin will suffer.” From the outset, quality is the main motivation.

Each hide is rigorously scrutinised for imperfections and only the finest make it to Goodwood. “We’re talking no better than one in 100 hides. It is a very, very selective process from the beginning,” adds Staite.

When it takes 12 of these A-grade hides to upholster one of our motor cars, each panel must live up to Rolls-Royce’s extreme standards.

Intensive testing ensures our hides deliver long-lasting quality. Vicky Sherratt, Bespoke Interior Leather Trim Planner, explains one part of the process. “Inside a special temperature-controlled chamber, it is chilled to minus 10 degrees and then rapidly heated to 100 degrees, and then back down to minus 10. This is carried out constantly, 24 hours a day, for 10 days. If it survives this test, we are confident it meets Rolls-Royce standards.”

And when you slide into one of our motor cars you may notice that the leather on the seats never squeaks. Which is no coincidence. Our leather has a surface finish unlike any other car or upholstery leather. We treat it so you can sit back without a sound.

To colour the leather, we’ve perfected a unique technique. The hides are tumbled with pigment, which means the skins are coloured all the way through and help the leather to age beautifully. We can create any shade of leather for our customers, as Staite explains. “Customers can have exactly the tone and finish they want, and a colour matched to whatever they choose.”

Which is not as straightforward as it might sound: “If you have a vase you want to match, we have to consider how it looks from different angles and in different lights, as the colour may change depending on where it is viewed from.”

Our Leathershop team must also ensure that in perfecting a particular shade, the leather retains its leather look and feel. Staite describes the challenges that brings: “It must feel like you are sitting on leather, and not feel over-processed just to generate the colour – that’s not what we want. You are buying a Rolls-Royce motor car with the Rolls-Royce seal – the textures, the softness, that unique recipe – yet still retaining the integrity of the new colour.”

Whatever your imagination desires

Options: ReplyQuote
Bull cries on the way to slaughter house
Date: February 26, 2018 08:11AM

[www.standardmedia.co.ke]

Bull cries on the way to slaughter house

By Weekly World News | Published Tue, September 3rd 2013 at 00:00, Updated September 3rd 2013

The crying-bull. [Photo:Courtesy] -Adapted from Weekly World News

Knowing he was about to be slaughtered, a bull in Hong Kong did what many people fail to realize or are skeptic about when it comes to animals - he showed emotion.

According to Weekly World News, a group of workers walked a bull to a packaging factory. They were about to slaughter him to make steaks and beef stews. When they were close to the front door of the slaughter house, the sorrowful bull suddenly stopped going forward and knelt down on his two front legs.

The bull was all in tears. How did he know he was going to get killed before he entered the slaughter house?

Mr. Shiu, a butcher recalled: "When I saw this kind of so-called "stupid" animal sobbing and with his eyes in fear and sorrow, I started trembling. I called the rest over to see”.

They were just as surprised. We kept pushing the bull forward, but he just didn't want to move and sat there crying.

Billy Fong, the owner of the packaging factory said: "People thought animals don’t cry like human beings. However, that bull really sobbed like a baby”.

At that time, more than ten strong men witnessed the scene and they were all touched. Those who were responsible for slaughtering even felt more touched and cried as well. Other workers working at the same slaughter house also came to see the crying bull.

They were all shocked by the scene. Now it was clear they will not kill the bull. But what would they do to him?

In the end, they raised funds to buy the crying bull and sent him to a temple, where the kind monks would take care of him for life.

A worker said: "When we promised this bull that we will not kill him, he started moving and followed us. “How did he understand people's words?" Mr. Shiu posed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 08:42AM by Tai.

Pet Buffalo Bull is Loving and Gentle Inside House
Date: February 26, 2018 08:30AM

We know cows cry tears for their babies and themselves. We see in the article above, that even a bull can cry tears for its own life. And even a buffalo bull can experience love and tenderness

[nypost.com]

Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam — as long as you have the number of a really good carpet cleaner.

A Texas couple has turned their ranch house into a little slice of the great plains by taking in a pet bison and giving it free run of the place. The 11-year-old beast, named Wild Thing, even has its own bedroom.

“He’s a house pet,” owner Ronnie Bridges, 60, told InsideEdition.com. “Outside, he plays really rough but inside the house, he’s really a gentleman.”

Bridges and his wife Sherron, 44, took in the 2,500-pound bison when it was just a calf, after they sold their herd of 52 bison in 2004 to pay for medical bills.

Wild Thing inside the Bridges’ homeRasy Ran/Caters News Agency
“It was my idea to bring Wild Thing in the house when he was a young calf,” Sherron said, according to the Caters News Agency. “I told Ronnie, ‘He only lives once so we might as well do something different with him.’?”

Wild Thing loves to watch action movies in his room. He also eats breakfast from the kitchen table.

The Bridges admit that he has almost accidentally killed them because of his sheer bulk.

“He is the real life bull in a china shop,” Ronnie said. “It’s like a car coming through the house.”

[abcnews.go.com]

They began raising Wildthing when he was a calf on the verge of death. His mother couldn't nurse him properly, so RC jumped in with a bottle and soon fell in love with the little bison's fiery spirit. Now six feet tall, and a very healthy 2,100 pounds later, Wildthing and RC have an unshakeable bond.

"He is my best friend. He just melts with love," says RC.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2018 08:30AM by Tai.

Re: How many cows/bulls for ONE Rolls Royce? 12...TWELVE
Date: February 28, 2018 05:17AM

Rolls Royce:
Each hide is rigorously scrutinised for imperfections and only the finest make it to Goodwood.
We’re talking no better than one in 100 hides. It is a very, very selective process from the beginning,” adds Staite.

Tai:
Let's do the math. If they only select ONE in 100 hides and they need a minimum of 12 hides, that means that they need 1200 hides to choose from. So each Rolls Royce will need 1200 dead cattle, in order to find the 12 finest hides.

And for the electric model, which uses 15-18 hides, the selection will be made from 1500 to 1800 dead cattle.

Taking the conservative value of 12 hides used for a Rolls and a selection process from 1200 cattle, and taking into consideration that 4,000 Rolls Royce are made annually:

1200 hides per car multiplied by 4,000 Rolls Royce = 4,800,000 cattle slaughtered annually to produce meat but are required in the selection process to obtain only the finest softest leather with the least blemishes.

So, a minimum of 48,000 dead cattle are used to make 4,000 Rolls, but the selection process comes from a minimum of 4,800,000 dead cattle hides.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: February 28, 2018 05:47AM

Tai, a lot of people would never guess this about the water used to make one car about 8 tons worth

Lots of rivers spawning grounds dry from over use.

How Many Gallons of Water is in a . . .

Car
It takes an estimated 39,090 gallons of water to make a car. It's unclear if that includes the more 2,000 gallons used to make its tires--each tire takes 518 gallons to make

Date: February 28, 2018 09:25AM

RHB:
It takes an estimated 39,090 gallons of water to make a car. It's unclear if that includes the more 2,000 gallons used to make its tires--each tire takes 518 gallons to make

Tai:
I wonder if that figure includes the luxury cars with leather and how much water the cattle consumed to produce the leather.

Thanks for sharing.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: February 28, 2018 05:07PM

I feel so guilty.

I have many leather shoes.

Children like chicken nuggets but if you give them a knife to kill a chicken they will want the bird to live.

So we are just not aware of the implications of our choices. Very sad.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2018 05:28PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: March 01, 2018 04:50AM

Raw Practicalist:
I feel so guilty.

I have many leather shoes.

Tai:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Hi Raw P. In this link above here, it says that one hide yields 9 pairs of leather shoes. So one cow death is linked to 9 pairs. BUT compare that to a leather couch and loveseat which requires 12-16 hides
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
or the average luxury car uses 8 hides. So, it has a much bigger impact when you buy a couch or luxury car with leather upholstery.
Buying a leather jacket is more significant than leather shoes.

I shared my experience buying vegan shoes under Rawfood synchonicities when I became aware of live skinning of cows, meaning cows sometimes ares skinned alive. I just could not buy a brand new leather pair of shoes after I found out about that.
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

read about the one bull who cried and begged for his life. One life and one hide is too many.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 02, 2018 02:26PM

>I became aware of live skinning of cows, meaning cows sometimes ares skinned alive

So cruel.

It seems like we inherit from our family and community behavior and we do not questions anything that we do.

We just do it because it has been done that way for generations.

I wonder what Jesus and the Essenes wore.

Young Jesus must have said "Take these bloody shoes off my feet".

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2018 02:54PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: March 02, 2018 09:32PM

Raw Practicalist:
I wonder what Jesus and the Essenes wore.

Young Jesus must have said "Take these bloody shoes off my feet".

Tai:
I don't think the use of leather is inherently wrong or has to be based on murder. If people only used leather when an animal died of natural causes like old age or accidents, that is ethical, and that leather would be in short supply and precious and only used for need not whim.

There is a grey area too where some people are forced to kill certain animals in very dangerous situations like certain snakes or crocodiles, or in primitive times or areas where they think they need that to avoid starvation. But being forced to kill an animal is different from sport hunting or raising an animal with the intention to kill it.

I wrote this post on the Rolls Royce because sometimes people buy leather thinking that the animals were killed for their meat and that the leather is just a byproduct of the meat industry. But as you read from the Rolls Royce website, the demand for the finest leather is so huge that people can't pretend that these cattle are not raised for their leather. Yes, their meat is used, but the rich have their eyes on that leather, so there is a huge demand for the leather. Supply and demand.

Philip Wollen said it so eloquently, "In their capacity to feel pain and fear, a pig is a dog is a bear is a boy."

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: March 04, 2018 12:46AM

I'm surprised that Jennifer isn't in here advocating more leather...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 05, 2018 11:59PM

Tai

Philip Wollen said it so eloquently, "In their capacity to feel pain and fear, a pig is a dog is a bear is a boy."

"In their capacity to feel pain and fear, a pig is a dog is a bear is a boy is a human fetus."

Probably most of these 'don't-kill-animals-for-leather' believers are 'Do-Kill-Unborn-Babies-in-the-Womb.'

And I'm against abusing, torturing, killing animals for any reason. Unless one is attacking somebody.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/2018 12:02AM by Jennifer.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 06, 2018 02:53AM

NuNativs
I'm surprised that Jennifer isn't in here advocating more leather...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Actually Jennifer is advocating more leather, More dead flesh since guns are what the so called Sport hunters use as a main tool of animal executions.

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 07, 2018 08:15PM

On March 5th, 6:59 pm, Jennifer said -

Jennifer

And I'm against abusing, torturing, killing animals for any reason. Unless one is attacking somebody.

However, on March 5, 9:53 pm, Riverhousebill said -

riverhousebill

Actually Jennifer is advocating more leather, More dead flesh since guns are what the so called Sport hunters use as a main tool of animal executions.

Total False Equivalence and unfounded accusation by RHB.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 03/07/2018 08:41PM by Jennifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables