Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dogs boiled alive and eaten in Vietnamese meat market
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: March 28, 2018 07:07AM

[nypost.com]

By Nicola Stow, The Sun March 27, 2018

Heartbreaking pictures show a dog meat market in Vietnam where stolen pets are rammed into cages and delivered to restaurants to be skinned and boiled alive.

An anonymous animal rights activist took the shocking video in V??n Qu?c Gia B?ch Mã village in a bid to raise awareness about the horrific trade.

Meanwhile, another previously unseen clip from a Hanoi meat market shows a pile of butchered dog carcasses.

Opposition to eating dogs has mounted of late, with growing numbers of animal rights groups shining a light on the illicit yet unregulated industry.

Australian Michele Brown, the CEO of the Fight Dog Meat charity, said: “In Vietnam, it’s believed eating tough meat makes a tough man.”

“Many think dog meat boost’s a man’s libido, helps their joints and even cures illness. But none of this is scientifically proven.”

“The preference is for tough meat, it’s like the opposite of meat eaten in the West.”

“So they think by terrifying the dogs, they flood them with adrenaline and make the meat tastier.”

Unlike the superstitious cat meat trade that recently grabbed headlines, dog meat is mainstream in Vietnam.

Reports suggest an estimated five million dogs – many snatched from loving homes – are eaten annually with Hanoi serving as the most lucrative market.

Ironically, while the number of dog restaurants is on the rise in Vietnam’s capital, pet ownership is also growing and driving a booming dog theft industry.

Brown said dogs are often smuggled in tightly-packed vans like the one in the footage, but added that it’s rare to be caught on camera as they normally travel at night.

She said a horrified activist stumbled upon the Hanoi-bound truck by chance.

Both pieces of footage were filmed in 2016 but Brown is now sharing them with the media in a bid to raise awareness.

Brown said: “They were on a rural back road when they heard the wailing. They were horrified by what they saw and told me it still haunts them.”

“These dogs are often snatched under cover of darkness. They are stunned or poisoned, then have their stomachs pumped to boost their value.”

“Many die but the survivors are sold to slaughterhouses, restaurants or markets like the one I captured in Hanoi.”

“This is why awareness is vital. We must pressure the government from the sidelines to break the cycle and shut the trade down.”

“These animals deserve to be protected by the laws of the land.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 07:08AM by Tai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dogs boiled alive and eaten in Vietnamese meat market
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: March 28, 2018 08:12PM

Very sad.

It all comes down to the belief system.

People will kill animals, huge elephants for their ivories because they believe those animal parts will provide them with power and success in life.

Even human children are being killed for sacrifice.

[www.usatoday.com]

[www.bbc.com]

So what we need is knowledge, wisdom, education.

The laws are in the books in many of these developing countries where children are sacrificed but the law is not enforced.

If it was for science we will still be at the prehistoric time when every natural disaster was attributed to God punishment

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2018 08:52PM by RawPracticalist.

Date: March 29, 2018 03:04AM

Raw Practicalist:
The laws are in the books in many of these developing countries where children are sacrificed but the law is not enforced.

Tai:
Thanks for sharing that. I had read so many testimonies of ex satanists and ex witchdoctors in Africa who used to do that and I always wondered how they were free people and not imprisoned but now I know.

These are excerpts from the articles you posted.
[www.bbc.com]
Some 9,000 children have gone missing in Uganda over the past four years, according to a US report

[www.usatoday.com]
In 2009, the Uganda government imposed the death penalty for anyone who removed a child’s body part for human sacrifice or other witchcraft, or trafficked children for that purpose.

Yet child rights activists said the death penalty is rarely imposed on those convicted. Last year, for example, a Ugandan court sentenced an 82-year-old woman, Hanifa Namuyanja, to 15 years in jail for participating in the 2012 sacrifice of her granddaughter.

In another sensational case in Kampala last October, four people were arrested for the sacrifice of Milly Namutebi, 7, and Victor Lugonvu, 4. Police said the alleged killers seduced the children with promises of soda and cookies, then diverted them to a swamp, where they murdered the pair, cutting out their hearts and parts of the girl’s genitalia.

The four accused are now facing trial. But Binonga said the case could be difficult to end in justice because Ugandan courts can take as long as five years to rule in such cases, and key witnesses and parents pressing for convictions often move away before verdicts are rendered.

The failure to halt these horrible crimes leaves children living in fear. “I don’t walk alone,” said Geoffrey Buyasi, 12, who lives in Luweero in central Uganda. He said his mother accompanies him to school. “I fear being kidnapped and murdered by witch doctors. ... I run anytime I see a stranger.”

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 29, 2018 01:31PM

Brown said dogs are often smuggled in tightly-packed vans like the one in the footage, but added that it’s rare to be caught on camera as they normally travel at night.

Every day dogs in cages on motor bikes, Not hidden at all in Vietnam, something wrong with story embellished a little, THEY DO NOT HIDE THE FAcT they eat dog.

The meat market is very brutal, Same with Beef, chicken, pig, ect in America, Thinking feeling animals. 70,000 dong a kilo, cleaned 100,000

Also most of dog meat on market is raised for the kill.
very few pets a stolen.

My family is in the fishing industry on east coast usa, A Vietnamesee owned fishing boat came into coop dock to sell unload catch, bad weather they had to stay docked for for over two week, Heard rumor right off all the dock cats were disaperaing and a few wanted to sink the Viet boat, I told them I was glad they told me about boat plan, I would go to police if it sunk.
Flesh is flesh! and the animals are tortured by the way they are killed.

Date: March 29, 2018 02:13PM

[www.dailymail.co.uk]

I am horrified about this. I never heard of mammals being boiled alive intentionally. The story of the hogs being boiled alive in my other post was a result of ineffective killing.

This video is so horrifying about the level of inhumanity and you hear the man laughing. This is insanity. Obviously the man does not believe that he could experience the same suffering in a future/afterlife as a consequence of his karma.

From an earlier post:
[www.rawfoodsupport.com]
Hogs, unlike cattle, are dunked in tanks of hot water after they are stunned to soften the hides for skinning. As a result, a botched slaughter condemns some hogs to being scalded and drowned. Secret videotape from an Iowa pork plant shows hogs squealing and kicking as they are being lowered into the wat

Photos
[www.thesun.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2018 03:03PM by Tai.

Date: March 29, 2018 03:18PM

[fightdogmeat.com]

This is another video of a man laughing while it's boiling and skinning a living dog.

This is in China.

I just noticed my typo above. Instead of typing he's boiling, I wrote it's boiling. Subconsciously I don't think he's human.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2018 03:23PM by Tai.

Date: March 29, 2018 05:35PM

So what went wrong at creation time?

How does a pure divine soul becomes so devilish?

To the point of enjoying it when others life forms are being destroyed with no purpose.

Even in this country many are big game hunters [www.livescience.com]

Date: March 30, 2018 02:01AM

I don't understand why these cruel people don't understand that this type of thing is not supposed to be done to any being. Where is their compassion? What type of monster are these people? Any decent person would know that this type of brutal torture should be avoided because no being should have to experience that type of pain. Surely if anyone chooses to eat meat they would rather kill in the most humane way possible and avoid the prolonged torture. See...this is so crazy, these people would rather scare the animals and boil the animals alive so they eat the meat a certain way. That is not even human behaviour, it is the behaviour of pure evil. See...humans will kill, but most people won't do prolonged torture because they know it is taboo, that is the difference. Man feels compassion so he doesn't take delight in torture. The people doing these foul acts are not even at the status or a normal person, they are so much lower.

Talking about sacrifice, when l was talking to a lady last week about the forced organ harvesting of the Falun Dafa practitioners, she told me about how the police up north take many aboriginals away and they are never seen again. She was asking if they were organ harvested or used as medical experiments, but my guess is that many would be used as sacrifices. From what l have read there is much human sacrifice being done by satanic groups into black magic rituals. So many of the high ups in Australia are said to be involved in these types of things. Sacrifice has gone on for hundreds of years or more so it is not hard to believe that it probably still goes on. So where are all these missing people gone???

www.thesproutarian.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2018 02:04AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Date: March 30, 2018 12:52PM

Well I feel guilty too.

The way I kill the flies and bugs in my apartment is similar.

No mercy and I feel so happy when they are crushed to death.

Yet they just wanted to live, looking for food and shelter.

Date: March 30, 2018 10:26PM

RawPracticalist
Well I feel guilty too.

The way I kill the flies and bugs in my apartment is similar.

No mercy and I feel so happy when they are crushed to death.

Yet they just wanted to live, looking for food and shelter.
]

Killing insects can be minimized.
1) For fruit flies, you can create an easy trap and then release them outside. Just get a plastic bag and put some rotten fruit or compost or juice pulp in there. When the flies go in the bag, seal it shut with your hands and then take it outside and release them. This works every time.
2) For me, the only way to keep away all other bugs is to put all other dried food in mason jars. I had heavy duty cabinets built to hold all the mason jars for my herbs. Mason jar lids prevent any bugs from entering the food.
3) Diatamaceous earth sprinkled in strategic areas on the floor keeps any ground bugs from populating.

We shouldn't feel happy when we kill insects. We should feel like we failed in creating an environment that attracts them and think of ways to minimize future killing.

Re: Dogs boiled alive and eaten in Vietnamese meat market/unborn babies tortured and killed
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 31, 2018 02:14AM

Tai said:

Heartbreaking pictures show a dog meat market in Vietnam where stolen pets are rammed into cages and delivered to restaurants to be skinned and boiled alive.

...a pile of butchered dog carcasses.

They are stunned or poisoned, then have their stomachs pumped to boost their value.

“This is why awareness is vital. We must pressure the government from the sidelines to break the cycle and shut the trade down.”

“These animals deserve to be protected by the laws of the land.”

Riverhousebill said:

Flesh is flesh! and the animals are tortured by the way they are killed.

TheSproutarianMan said:

I don't understand why these cruel people don't understand that this type of thing is not supposed to be done to any being. Where is their compassion? What type of monster are these people? Any decent person would know that this type of brutal torture should be avoided because no being should have to experience that type of pain. Surely if anyone chooses to eat meat they would rather kill in the most humane way possible and avoid the prolonged torture. See...this is so crazy, these people would rather scare the animals and boil the animals alive so they eat the meat a certain way. That is not even human behaviour, it is the behaviour of pure evil. See...humans will kill, but most people won't do prolonged torture because they know it is taboo, that is the difference. Man feels compassion so he doesn't take delight in torture. The people doing these foul acts are not even at the status or a normal person, they are so much lower.

RawPracticalist said:

How does a pure divine soul becomes so devilish?

To the point of enjoying it when others life forms are being destroyed with no purpose.

Wow, so you guys must really be incensed about this --

“knowingly dismembering a living unborn child and extracting such unborn child one piece at a time from the uterus through the use of clamps, grasping forceps, tongs, scissors or similar instruments that, through the convergence of two rigid levers, slice, crush or grasp a portion of the unborn child’s body in order to cut or rip it off.”

"...a doctor uses forceps to tear apart a live fetus, limb by limb, and remove it from the mother’s uterus. This is usually done in the second trimester, when the fetus is too large to be suctioned out."

"...a 20-week-old fetus as being about the size of the palm of an adult hand, from fingertip to wrist, “not counting the legs," reaching into a woman’s uterus with forceps and “grabbing whatever is there. Maybe you rip off a leg, which is about four-inches long,” then you pull out “an arm, the spine. The skull is the most difficult part. Sometimes there’s a little face staring up at you.” He understandably called it “an absolutely brutal procedure, in which a living human being is torn to pieces.”

"...the baby was alive and moving as the abortionist “delivered the baby’s body and arms – everything but the head. The doctor kept the baby’s head just inside the uterus. The baby’s little fingers were clasping and unclasping, his feet were kicking. Then the doctor stuck the scissors through the back of his head, and the baby’s arms jerked out in a flinch, a startle reaction, like a baby does when he thinks he might fall. The doctor opened up the scissors, stuck a high-powered suction tube into the opening and sucked the baby’s brains out. Now the baby was completely limp.”

The abortionist stabs the scissors into the base of the baby’s skull. The scissors are spread to enlarge the opening. The suction catheter is then inserted and the brains are sucked out, causing the skull to collapse. The head slides out easily.

…the majority of fetuses aborted this way (partial birth abortion) are alive until the end of the procedure.

So you guys - Tai, Riverhouesbill, RawPracticalist and TheSproutarianMan are either Anti-Aboriton...

... or hypocrites!

Date: March 31, 2018 02:28AM

You are correct Tai.

I need to change my approach.

I grow micro greens and they love that environment.
I do create easy trap to get them into one spot but then I use the bug killers to destroy them.

I am armed with bug killers and they are not. Unfair advantage.

I never had this problem before. I guess it is the location.
Some days I open the door and windows and they fly out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 02:28AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: March 31, 2018 03:26AM

Jennifer
So you guys - Tai, Riverhouesbill, RawPracticalist and TheSproutarianMan are either Anti-Aboriton...
()
... or hypocrites!

Tai
I am anti-abortion and I know the Sproutarian Man is too. I have read all your abortion posts. This topic is way more intense in China where they used to have a one-child policy. I can write a lot about this topic.
I see how RHB finds hypocrisy in those who are anti-abortion and pro-gun-ready-to-shoot-you. I personally believe in non violence.

here some cops responded to a 911 call and entered the wrong house and the gun-happy, trigger-happy person inside killed a cop and shot the others. The level of paranoia and distrust and violence caused murder to unfold, whereas the cops should have been saving someone's life in a different house.
[www.cnn.com]

Where is the brotherly love? Where is forgiveness and understanding?
Where is the team effort?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2018 04:08AM by Tai.

Date: March 31, 2018 11:34AM

The abortion issues are individual choices.

The best solution is to avoid having unwanted pregnancies in the first place.

My only problem with the so called abortion activists is this:

So much effort is spent fighting for the unborn child, abortion clinics are burned, abortion doctors are killed in the name of saving life and yet there are so many children ALREADY BORN that are dying every day, with no food, there is no fight for them.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 31, 2018 12:39PM

21 thousand humans everyday, are these still the dark ages?

What a world we live in, Live form between our toes?

World Hunger Statistics
Share This Data

World Hunger Statistics
Data
Total number of people that die every year from hunger
Total number of children that die every year from hunger
Total number of people who died of hunger today
Percent of world population considered to be starving
26 %
Time between deaths of people who die from hunger
3.9 seconds
Total number of people in the world who suffer from hunger and malnutrition
Total number of people who do not have enough to eat
Percent of those who do not have enough to eat who live in developing countries
98 %
Percent of world’s hungry that live in just 7 main countries
65 %
Percent of U.S. households that are at risk of hunger
11%

Date: April 01, 2018 01:59AM

What point are you trying to make, rhb?

Date: April 01, 2018 02:11AM

RawPracticalist

The abortion issues are individual choices.

Most issues in life are individual choices -

It's a choice to kill someone. It's a choice to beat your children. It's a choice to pee in the street. It's a choice to give to a beggar. It's a choice to make dessert for dinner tonight, etc.

We're talking ethics. Morals, values, right and wrong.

Is torturing and killing animals morally unethical?

Is torturing and killing unborn babies morally unethical?

Date: April 01, 2018 02:29AM

Tai

I am anti-abortion and I know the Sproutarian Man is too. I have read all your abortion posts. This topic is way more intense in China where they used to have a one-child policy. I can write a lot about this topic.

I personally believe in non violence.

Yes, I'm not surprised you and TheSproutarianMan are anti-abortion because you seem very - can't think of the right words - nice/compassionate to others.

I also believe in non-violence. I'm anti-war, etc.

I also believe that everyone has a god-given right to defend themselves and their family with whatever means is the most utilitarian at the time - fists, teeth, sticks, stones, rocks, spears, swords, knives, guns, etc.

Is there a commandment - you may not try to protect yourself if someone attacks you.

Is there a law - you may not try to defend yourself or your children if someone attacks you.

Does it seems morally wrong to protect and defend yourself and your children against someone who is attacking you or them?

Of course not.

(Oh, yeah - it's a natural reflex to defend and protect yourself against an attack.)

Will the libs make it a crime to fight back against an attacker...

Date: April 01, 2018 02:40AM

RawPracticalist

My only problem with the so called abortion activists is this:

So much effort is spent fighting for the unborn child, abortion clinics are burned, abortion doctors are killed in the name of saving life and yet there are so many children ALREADY BORN that are dying every day, with no food, there is no fight for them.

And my only problem with the so-called animal rights activists is this:

The Ugly Dark Side of PETA -

[postcard.news]

PETA Kills Animals -

[www.petakillsanimals.com]

The Dark Side of the Animal Rights Movement -

[www.samwoolfe.com]

[psmag.com]

Date: April 01, 2018 06:16AM

Jennifer, I am open to engage you in another thread about self defense and commandments, etc (it will get too spiritual, which is not appropriate here). In this thread, I am mourning the dogs that were boiled alive and the evil mindset behind it.

I have seen that criticism against PETA before, but even if it's 100% true that PETA killed 36,000 animals, PETA is addressing the 56 billion farm animals killed each year.

And PETA doesn't represent all of animal rights activists. Buddhists and Jains were animal rights activists hundreds of years ago. I even read Mahavira 500+ b.c. (2500+ years ago) talking about being compassionate even to the microorganisms in our water by filtering them out, so we won't swallow and kill them. Their texts go into depth about the sentience of different life forms.

With regards to the violent animal rights activists, they have a pro-gun mentality. They appear like Karma-incarnate ready to exact revenge. These are very extreme people not representative of the peace loving plant-based group. It's not fair to judge the non violent animal rights people (the majority) by the violent ones (the minority).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2018 06:21AM by Tai.

Date: April 02, 2018 12:03AM

Jennifer
()
... or hypocrites!

The big question you need to answer is where does life begin and stop?

Everything around us is imbued with life so let's push the argument further.

By your name I am assuming you are female.

If you are in childbearing age, every month your body goes thru a tremendous change to prepare it for a new baby.

It releases one egg per month, and your male partner provides 100 million sperms each time of intercourse or about 800 million sperms per month.

Nature does that great work and you and your partner decide not to have a baby, and all of those little living creatures go to die, to waste. Each month. 800 millions and 1little beings are wasted. And you see no problem with that.

Yet you are so critical of another person who chooses for personal reasons to terminate that gestation after few weeks.

The life I killed was not very advanced and her was so I am OK and she needs to be punished.
Really?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 12:11AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 02, 2018 02:10AM

RawPracticalist

Life begins at conception, meaning when a sperm fertilizes an egg and activates the growth of a baby.

If you are in childbearing age, every month your body goes thru a tremendous change to prepare it for a new baby.

It releases one egg per month, and your male partner provides 100 million sperms each time of intercourse or about 800 million sperms per month.

Nature does that great work and you and your partner decide not to have a baby, and all of those little living creatures go to die, to waste. Each month. 800 millions and 1little beings are wasted.

lol - there is no developing baby at this point, only individual sperms and individual eggs.

And you see no problem with that.

Because there is no torture and killing of a baby-human-in-the-womb.

Yet you are so critical of another person who chooses for personal reasons to terminate that gestation after few weeks.

Yes, but also 'after few weeks' is sometimes after many months. The Libs will not even agree to banning 'late term abortions' meaning babies in the third trimester, which is when the fetus is torn out limb by limb, etc., with great pain and suffering to the baby.

The life I killed was not very advanced and her was so I am OK and she needs to be punished.
Really?

I don't understand what you're saying there.

Date: April 02, 2018 02:21AM

riverhousebill

World Hunger Statistics
Data

Percent of U.S. households that are at risk of hunger
11%

"At risk of"...

What does 'at risk of hunger' mean?

Sounds bogus to me...

What is the statistic for the percentage of US households who are actually hungry?

I'm 'at risk of hunger' right now because I'm going to bed and I won't be eating for another 14 hours. So what.

Date: April 02, 2018 02:35AM

Jennifer
RawPracticalist

Life begins at conception, meaning when a sperm fertilizes an egg and activates the growth of a baby.

If life begins at conception why do you refuse to let life begin?
If something is so divine and so good why dont you let happen?

Every month you have the chance for life to begin but you selfishly refuse to let it happen. Why???
You will have more children on earth. More life.
You are wasting your ability to have 20 or more children in your household.

You want to preach to others but you selfishly refuse to promote life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2018 02:37AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 02, 2018 02:50AM

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I started an abortion thread.

Please debate there about abortion.

Thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables