Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Guns Saving Lives
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: May 08, 2018 09:13PM

Women want to be empowered...

... this is how you do it -

Haha - She's a 'Former police detective of ten years.'

Limestone County: Woman to intruder, ‘If you take one more step I'll kill you’

[www.kwtx.com]

"LIMESTONE COUNTY, Texas (KWTX) Laura Williams says she grabbed her pistol and held an intruder at bay while her teenage daughter called 911 after the man kicked in the front door of her home on U.S. Highway 84 just outside of Mexia and charged her with a shovel.

Laura Williams demonstrating how she confronted the intruder. Deputies later arrested Allen Tompkins.

“I aimed it at him and said if you take one more step I'll kill you,” she said Friday.

The man ran, but Limestone County deputies later arrested him.

Allen Tompkins, 47, was charged with burglary of a habitation, but additional charges are possible.

He’s held in the Limestone County Jail in lieu of $20,000 bond.

The incident happened Tuesday and Williams’ daughter, Hannah, 17, hasn’t been quite the same since.

"I felt really scared and my adrenaline was pumping so I don't really remember a lot of it, but I'm not sleeping well at all."

Laura Williams was awakened Tuesday morning by a ringing doorbell.

"I went to the door and just kind of opened it and there was an older man standing at my front door with a shovel and he asked for a lady's name and I said ‘there's no one here by that name I'm sorry, you're at the wrong house, she doesn't live here,’” Williams said.

The man left, but Williams says she felt uncomfortable.

She looked out through the blinds of her bedroom window to see if he had left.

"I looked out and he was standing at the opening of the woods with a shovel still in his hand and he kept looking back and looking, I said ‘no this is not going to go down like this.’"

Williams ran to the other side of her house where Hannah was asleep.

“I woke her up and I said ‘go to my bedroom, get the dogs and let's go’ because that's where we keep our guns in our house."

"No sooner did we get to the bedroom and shut the door, he was kicking in the front door and hitting it with the shovel,” Williams said.

Williams got her pistol out of the drawer of a bedside table and confronted the man in the living room while her daughter called 911.

“I had time to grab the revolver and come out the door. So when he came in the shovel was up on his shoulder, he was headed straight towards us,” she said.

"I aimed it at him and said ‘if you take one more step I'll kill you.’"

The man stopped, mumbled some words and turned to leave.

As he walked out the door he turned back to Williams.

“He said 'Well all y'all need to know is y'all need to leave me the F alone,' and I said, ‘I don't even know you, get out of my house, ‘" Williams said.

After the man left, she says she rushed back to the bedroom to look through the blinds again.

"I went back into my bedroom, I locked the door and I watched him go into the woods with a shovel still in his hands while we were still on the phone with 911."

Deputies arrived 14 minutes later and flooded the area, she said.

They found Tompkins in a nearby trailer park.

Williams, who once worked as a police officer in Bastrop, admits the confrontation left her rattled.

"My husband says I'm having nightmares calling Hannah's name trying to make sure she's safe. As much as I hate to say I killed somebody, I wished I would have so that I could sleep at night knowing that he's not going to come back,” she said."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Guns Saving Lives
Date: May 10, 2018 02:02PM

Another heart-warming account of Defensive Gun Use - Yeah! smiling bouncing smiley

Reserve constable fools armed robber, shoots him

[www.wbrz.com]

BAKER- Authorities say a reserve constable shot an armed man who robbed him early Monday.

"The shooting happened on Alba Drive before 3 a.m.

According to Police Chief Carl Dunn, the victim was working on a house he's been building when a man with a handgun rode up to him on a bicycle.

The armed robber forced the victim go to an ATM to get cash, but Dunn said the robber was not satisfied with the amount of money he got.

The victim then told the robber he had another ATM card at his house in Baker. They went to the house and the robber allowed the man inside to get the supposed second card. But, the robber got antsy while waiting and went into the house. Police say the victim had his own gun inside the home and shot the robber once as he walked inside.

Dunn said the victim showed quick thinking and restraint.

"This guy to me is a hero," Dunn said.

He kept a cool head under pressure, protected himself and then stopped firing when the threat was removed, Dunn said.

When the attacker dropped his gun, the victim stopped firing, Dunn said.

The robbery suspect has been identified as 22-year-old Jaylan Franklin. He is charged with aggravated kidnapping and armed robbery by the EBRSO. He is also charged with aggravated burglary, resisting, and bench warrants from Zachary by the Baker Police."

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 10, 2018 10:54PM

It is the heart that saves lives not guns

"Police officer chokes young black man who took his sister to prom outside Waffle House"

[www.yahoo.com]

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: May 10, 2018 11:34PM

“When a country with less than five percent of the world's population has nearly half of the world's privately owned guns and makes up nearly a third of the world's mass shootings, it's time to stop saying guns make us safer.”

Date: May 10, 2018 11:55PM

Thank you so much for posting this 'news' story, RawPracticalist, to illustrate bad writing/sh*tty journalist, Lib Media Bias, and as an example of the twisting and spinning of the Libs to promote their Racist Agenda!

Here is the Yahoo News Story -

Police officer chokes young black man who took his sister to prom outside Waffle House

Police in North Carolina are under fire after a video emerged of an officer choking and slamming an African-American man.

In a video posted to Facebook, an officer in a tactical vest can be seen pushing a young African-American man in formal attire against a wall, choking him and then hurling him on the ground in front of a Waffle House.

“Get your hands off me”, the man repeatedly shouts.

The town of Warsaw, North Carolina’s chief of police told the Raleigh News & Observer that his department was investigating the incident, as was district attorney Ernie Lee.

“We are currently investigating the whole incident, interviewing witnesses and gathering additional video”, police chief Eric Southerland said in a statement.

Anthony Wall had taken his 16-year-old sister out for food after she attended prom and got into an argument with Waffle House employees, the 22-year-old Mr Wall told ABC11. When the police arrived, he said, things turned violent.

“I was pretty much trying to scream for air and trying to breathe because he was holding my throat and that's when I got aggressive with him because you are choking me”, Mr Wall said.

He was charged with resisting arrest and with disorderly conduct relating to his altercation with the restaurant staff.

Video went Viral on Social Media of Police Officer scuffling with black guy. And then all the Lib Media posts that - Police Officer is Choking Black Guy after 'taking his sister to the prom'. So the Racemongers are out in force again essentially saying - kind of like the Starbucks incident - that:

"White Police Officer is Racist for choking an innocent black guy who was so sweet to take his sister to her prom."

Misleading title - "Police officer chokes young black man who took his sister to prom outside Waffle House"

Like - the black guy took the police officer's sister to the prom? Is that what they want us to think or do they just not know how to write an article.

Oh - and was the prom outside of Waffle House? Where did this journalist go to school?

Wait - the last paragraph/sentence says:

He was charged with resisting arrest and with disorderly conduct relating to his altercation with the restaurant staff.

Gee, shouldn't that be the story or at least give us the details of that relevant information ...

But, no - that might just bust a hole in the Outraged Libs' Narrative that - 'Police Officers are Racist'.

Just read this - "A patron called 911 and an employee hit a panic alarm after Wall, a black man, became verbally abusive to the employees"

Also - “Initial reports say the customer became agitated, and the police were called. In an interview with WTVD-TV in Raleigh, NC, Mr. Wall said he took things too far with our employees.

And - Of course the Libs are Threatening the Police Officer: “Right now, we’ve given him a couple of days off just because of the threats and turmoil involved,” Chief Southerland said.

Chief Southerland said: "It's not what you're trained to do in incidents like this, but when you're dealing with someone fighting and resisting against an officer, you try to use proper tactics and go for one move, but that might not work because that person is moving or the officer is moving," Southerland said. "In real-versus-training situations, moves don't always work out like you want them to."

The Hill: Another video also shows Wall yelling at the staff of the restaurant before the office arrived, according to ABC11. He said that he is responsible for his actions at the Waffle House, but the officer’s actions weren’t justified.

(Guarantee we'll never see that video)

Wall was arrested for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

But of course all over the Lib Social Media and Lib News Sites it is understood - The White Police Officer is Racist and the Black Guy is Totally Innocent.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 12:23AM by Jennifer.

Date: May 11, 2018 12:18AM

Jennifer no spin in the world can change the math stated below.
Your argument guns make us safer is dead,

Do you have some preztzle logic to explain , like fake lib news?

“When a country with less than five percent of the world's population has nearly half of the world's privately owned guns and makes up nearly a third of the world's mass shootings, it's time to stop saying guns make us safer.”

Date: May 11, 2018 12:34AM

nearly half of the world's privately owned guns are here in America

If more guns make us safer, why are we not the safest ...

Violent Libs? Obama? Dem's?

Are we safe yet?
Zippy land

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 12:39AM by riverhousebill.

Date: May 12, 2018 01:23AM

(More Guns Saving Lives)

Uber driver shoots man who allegedly fired at group on Logan Square sidewalk

[chicago.suntimes.com]

An Uber driver put his concealed carry permit to use Friday night when he pulled a gun and opened fire on a man he saw firing a pistol into a group of people on a Logan Square sidewalk, according to prosecutors.

Six blasts from his gun injured a 22-year-old man identified as Everardo Custodio.

Custodio suffered wounds to his shin, knee and lower back and was still in Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center on Sunday, when Cook County Judge Peggy Chiampas refused to grant bail on charges of aggravated battery with a firearm and illegal possession of a firearm.

The 47-year-old Uber driver “was acting in self-defense and in the defense of others,” Assistant State’s Attorney Barry Quinn said.

Custodio, who lives about a block from the site of the shooting, was the only person injured in the confrontation that happened about 11:50 p.m. in the 2900 block of North Milwaukee Avenue.

The Uber driver had dropped off a passenger minutes before the shooting occurred, said Uber spokeswoman Jen Mullin. She had no comment on the driver’s actions other than to say the company requires all its drivers to abide by local, state and federal laws pertaining to transporting firearms in vehicles.

Quinn said the Uber driver, who could not be reached Sunday, was parked in his car when Custodio began firing in his direction, aiming at the nearby group of people.

Police patrolling the area heard the shots and arrived to find Custodio on the ground and bleeding. Police also recovered a handgun found near Custodio, Quinn said.

The Uber driver, who’s from the Near South Side, stayed on the scene and provided documentation of gun ownership to police. He’s a registered gun owner who has a concealed carry license. He doesn’t face any charges.

Uber plans to interview the driver and the passenger he dropped off before the shooting, said Mullin, who did not know where the driver stowed his gun.

The driver was still an active driver for Uber as of Sunday night, Mullin said.

Date: May 12, 2018 01:29AM

If more guns make us safer, why are we not the safest ... ??????????

Date: May 12, 2018 02:09AM

Because there are Guns and there are Guns...

There are Legal Guns that Law-Abiding Citizens own Lawfully.

THEN THERE ARE GUNS THAT CRIMINALS OWN ILLEGALLY. AND THE CRIMINALS ARE THOSE WHO DO ALMOST ALL THE CRIME.

So it's not surprising to know that the Law-Abiding Citizens who own most of the Legal Guns are NOT COMMITTING MOST OF THE CRIME.

So to put another way - Most of the guns which are counted for Gun-Owning Statistics are owned by law-abiding citizens. But most of the crime which is counted for Crime Statistics is committed by Criminals.

Law-abiding legal gun owners commit very few crimes. Most crimes are committed by Criminals in the inner cities with illegal guns.

Try to remember that FACT the next time we talk about Crime and Guns.

Why is it so hard for you Libs to understand simple concepts like the above?

Date: May 12, 2018 11:09PM

Jennifer

The Hill: Another video also shows Wall yelling at the staff of the restaurant before the office arrived, according to ABC11. He said that he is responsible for his actions at the Waffle House, but the officer’s actions weren’t justified.

(Guarantee we'll never see that video)

Wall was arrested for resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.

Here is testimony of an employee of the Waffle House who posted on Wall's facebook page -

Chris B Hatcher

From an employee who was there:

We asked him to leave nicely,

They got mad because a waiter told them basically he had to clean the table off and was in the middle of an order they popped off so yes almost everyone popped off after that the police asked them to leave we yelled multiple times for them to leave and they wouldn’t. If they had left like we asked the cops wouldn’t have been called he was resisting arrest part of the video that isn’t here , he was telling the cop to get his white hands off him.

The video doesn’t show the whole thing. The video doesn’t show the beginning or what exactly went down.

“Hey y'all! It's a less than 30 second clip, wanna know what happened beforehand? Guess what! I work there, so I know.

I know he tried to fight one of my male coworkers, threatened to hit a waitress, was so loud the cook wouldn't cook until he was out, and when they were removing him he kept on saying he wasn't this and that and he'd fight anyone. He was combative from the start.

Frank told him inside, "I don't want to ruin your night, y'all just need to get on and go".

Now I hate to see a black man manhandled by the cops, especially in today's turmoil with police brutality. But y'all know it's not always the damn cops fault. And this one wasn't.”

This video has a small clip of Wall and his sister inside arguing with the employees -

[abc11.com]

Clearly Wall is in the wrong the whole time and resisting arrest and the cop did what he had to do.

Yet Wall is crying Racism and Bad White Cop and now the CEO has apologized and Wall is bringing a suit against the Police Depart and Wall is asking for money on his Facebook page.

[www.yahoo.com]

Here is Wall on his Facebook Page asking to make his video go viral so he can get more attention and money -

[www.facebook.com]

He said: "This have to stop please help by share reporting to ever news report u know please."

He's living the dream ... I'm sure he has all kinds of plans to get money out of this...

Liberal Bullys, Liberal Outrage Mob

But a lot of blacks are posting on Wall's Facebook that it's his own fault and he was in the wrong, not the cop.

Date: May 18, 2018 02:09AM

Another feel-good 'guns saving lives' news story -

Armed man charges at mothers with kids until one mom whips out her concealed gun and fires away

[www.bizpacreview.com]

A heroic mother of a seven-year-old daughter and off-duty Military police officer, Katia da Silva Sastre took down a would-be robber in Suzano Brazil on Saturday morning.

Sastre, her daughter, and several other woman and children were waiting on the sidewalk in front of a local private school for a special Mother’s Day celebration party when the suspect, Elivelton Neves Moreira, approached them waving a gun announcing the robbery.

Quick-thinking Sastre pulled a concealed handgun from her bag and shot the young man 3 times in the chest and leg, sending him to a local hospital where he later died from his injuries, according to UOL.com.

The suspect fired his weapon, a .38 caliber revolver, once into the crowd. Going for a second shot, his gun locked up, giving the 42-year-old mother a chance to pull her weapon and fire on the man.

According to a colleague Lieutenant Andre, Sastre has worked over 20 years as a police officer and “she is calm and she knows that she acted correctly.”

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 19, 2018 07:35PM

Very SAD.
The guns did not save any life today

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2018 07:48PM by RawPracticalist.

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 20, 2018 12:58AM

RP, I was feeling so good about my growing gun collection prodded on by Jennifer and now you ruin the party. Ya, their really loving guns at the school in Texas. Pretty soon, schools will look like Maximum Security Penitentiaries....

Land of the Free?!?!?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2018 12:58AM by NuNativs.

Date: May 20, 2018 02:25AM

RawPracticalist
Very SAD.

Wrong - the number of lives saved by guns does exist -

Many more guns save many more lives or deter criminals than are used in crime or to take a life.

I refer you to here -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

here -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

and here -

CDC, in Surveys It Never Bothered Making Public, Provides More Evidence That Plenty of Americans Innocently Defend Themselves with Guns

CDC surveys in the 1990s, never publicly reported, indicate nearly 2.5 million defensive uses of guns a year. That matches the results of Gary Kleck's controversial surveys, and it indicates more defensive than offensive uses of guns.

[reason.com]

"Florida State University criminologist Gary Kleck conducted the most thorough previously known survey data on the question in the 1990s. His study, which has been harshly disputed in pro-gun-control quarters, indicated that there were more than 2.2 million such defensive uses of guns (DGUs) in America a year.

Now Kleck has unearthed some lost CDC survey data on the question. The CDC essentially confirmed Kleck's results. But Kleck didn't know about that until now, because the CDC never reported what it found."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2018 02:40AM by Jennifer.

Date: May 20, 2018 03:20AM

Oh, yeah -

The School Shooter was a Lib -

School Shooter Found Carrying Symbol Linked to Radical Trump Haters

[www.westernjournal.com]

And he used ILLEGAL guns. Remember - Criminals and Nuts use Illegal guns, yet the Libs want to take the Law-Abiding Citizen's guns away, so the Criminals and Nuts can shoot them. Crazy.

Date: May 20, 2018 03:31AM

RawPracticalist

Very SAD.

Happens almost every day - Guns Saving Lives at School Shootings.

I refer you to here -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: NuNativs ()
Date: May 21, 2018 02:40PM

Jennifer is arguing incessantly for OUR limitations, trying to keep US bound to even DARKER ages...

The only way guns will ever save LIVES, is when they are re-purposed:
"and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 21, 2018 04:01PM

NuNativs

The only way guns will ever save LIVES, is when they are re-purposed:
"and they shall beat their swords into plowshares, and their spears into pruninghooks: nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall they learn war any more."

Tai
[www.kingjamesbibleonline.org]
You found a great quote Nunativs: Isiah 2:4
The link is for the context.

Here's another great quote from the book of Isiah:
[www.kingjamesbibleonline.org]

Isaiah 66:3-5 King James Version (KJV)
3 He that killeth an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrificeth a lamb, as if he cut off a dog's neck; he that offereth an oblation, as if he offered swine's blood; he that burneth incense, as if he blessed an idol. Yea, they have chosen their own ways, and their soul delighteth in their abominations.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2018 04:03PM by Tai.

Date: May 24, 2018 02:06AM

Yay!

Southworth homeowner shoots, wounds man trying to break into his home

[www.kitsapsun.com]

SOUTHWORTH — A 28-year-old South Kitsap man is in an area hospital after being shot by a man whose house he was attempting to break into early Thursday.

Kitsap County Sheriff's Office deputies responded to a report of someone trying to break into a home on SE Scatterwood Lane, off Southworth Drive, at about 2 a.m. Thursday.

The caller reported hearing a loud banging sound on windows on the lower level of his home, according to a statement from the Sheriff's Office. The homeowner, who had a handgun, also reported hearing yelling outside the house.

When he opened the door, the 28-year-old man allegedly charged at the homeowner and pushed him. According to the statement, the homeowner fired one shot at the 28-year-old man, who continued to try to enter the home while yelling "Let me into your house."

The man eventually collapsed at the threshold of the door, where Sheriff's Deputies found him, according to the statement. Deputies reported that the man was soaking wet, shaking and had scratches on his face and arms.

The suspect was taken to St. Joseph Medical Center in Tacoma with non-life threatening injuries, according to spokesman Scott Wilson.

The Sheriff's Office is investigating.

”No law ever written has stopped any robber, rapist or killer, like cold blue steel in the hands of their last intended victim.”
-W. Emerson Wright

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/24/2018 02:08AM by Jennifer.

Date: May 24, 2018 02:22AM

RawPracticalist
Very SAD.

Well, looks like even the Texas kids have common sense and haven't been pussified by the Lib Women -

Still Missing In Santa Fe: Blaming The Guns

[hotair.com]

Things are slowly returning to normal in Santa Fe after the recent school shooting, or at least as close to normal as is possible under such circumstances. But one thing I’ve noticed is that we’re not seeing nearly as much wall-to-wall coverage of reactions from the community on cable news. One possible reason for this is the fact that as the community comes together to try to heal, there’s a key element missing from the usual narrative. Almost nobody is blaming the guns for the tragedy. Calls for new gun control laws coming out of Santa Fe are nearly nonexistent. The LA Times looks at some of the contrasting responses.

There was no outcry against firearms in Santa Fe after a gunman killed 10 and wounded 13 others Friday. Guns didn’t come up at a prayerful vigil attended by 1,000 people that evening. On Saturday, there were no protests, and local leaders don’t expect any Sunday…

The Rev. Brad Drake has ministered to the Santa Fe community for seven years at Dayspring Church, an Assemblies of God congregation of about 150 people a few miles from the high school. The town of about 13,000 has 15 churches, and Drake serves on the local ministerial alliance as well as the Chamber of Commerce.

After the shooting, he worried that outside groups might show up with political agendas. He noticed a man openly carrying a handgun on his hip at the Friday vigil. But that was it, he said.

“We’re able to look past that stuff and just take care of people,” Drake said as he sat in his office.

Among the students who were willing to talk to the press, there didn’t seem to be any interest in signing up to be political pawns. These kids are just trying to heal and the answers they are demanding have more to do with making their school more secure than some national political debate. And that’s probably for the best since the Santa Fe shooting broke the usual story arc in a few ways.

There’s more to the missing narrative puzzle than just the failure to call for more gun control. This shooting breaks the standard profile in a couple of ways. A second element is the problematic fact that the guns used in the attack were legally owned by the shooter’s father and were stolen by the son. Once again, no gun control laws currently under consideration would have staved off this attack. The same was true of the Sandy Hook shooting, though that didn’t stop Connecticut from immediately moving to ban guns.

The types of firearms used have also deflated the media’s enthusiasm for covering the Santa Fe shooting. As the Chicago Tribune pointed out this week, the firearms owned by the shooter’s family are on the list of “approved” weapons, even among gun control advocates.

Friday’s shooting at Santa Fe High School, which left 10 dead, was carried out with a pistol and a shotgun – firearms that even gun-control advocates generally regard as utilitarian.

The reality that weapons not included in proposed assault-rifle bans can still exact a double-digit death toll further complicates a wrenching national debate about how to prevent future tragedies.

“That’s true” that weapons other than assault rifles can kill many people at once, conceded Avery W. Gardiner, co-president of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, which favors a federal ban on assault rifles but not on shotguns or pistols.

Parkland and Santa Fe are indeed a tale of two cities. Unfortunately, only one of them is being heard from in the media coverage of this national debate. If the survivors in Santa Fe don’t follow the script they're not of much use to the various gun control groups currently trying to use the Parkland tragedy to their advantage.

Date: May 26, 2018 03:51AM

So here's another reason to celebrate good guys with guns saving lives - smiling bouncing smiley

GUNS SAVING LIVES

(Just happened yesterday)

BREAKING: Armed Citizen Kills Mass Shooter At Oklahoma Restaurant

[www.dailywire.com]

"An armed citizen shot and killed a mass shooter at a restaurant in Oklahoma on Thursday after the gunman walked in and opened fire, hitting several people.

"A man walked into the Louie's restaurant and opened fire with a gun. Two people were shot," police said, CNN reported. "A bystander with a pistol confronted the shooter outside the restaurant and fatally shot him."

Oklahoma City Police tweeted: "ALERT: The only confirmed fatality is the suspect. He was apparently shot-to-death by an armed citizen. Three citizens were injured, two of whom were shot. A large number of witnesses are detained. There is no indication of terrorism at this point."

"It's a blessing this was stopped [when it was] who knew when this guy was going to stop shooting people," Captain Bo Matthews told KOCO.

News 9 reported that homicide detectives are on scene and over 100 witnesses are being interviewed by investigators.

Oklahoma City Police also announced that they have set up a reunification center at a nearby location."

Active Shooter Quickly ‘Shot To Death By Armed Citizen,’ Police Report

[dailycaller.com]

An armed citizen with a pistol stopped a shooter at an Oklahoma City restaurant Thursday, according to police.

The shooting occurred at Louie’s Grill & Bar in Oklahoma City. According to police, a man entered the restaurant and opened fire, shooting two people before an armed man confronted and shot him outside the restaurant.

“Multiple shootings reported in the area of Britton/Hefner Parkway,” tweeted Oklahoma City police. “Roads in the area have been shut down. Avoid area. More updates as available.” (RELATED: ‘You Are My Hero Sir’ — Police And Victim’s Father Praise Man Who Shot Oklahoma City Shooter)

The Oklahoma City police department then tweeted that the shooter “was apparently shot-to-death by an armed citizen.” Two people were shot and both are hospitalized. The shooter was the only fatality.

“Lake Hefner shooting update: A man walked into the Louie’s restaurant and opened fire with a gun. Two people were shot. One person has been taken to a hospital with serious injuries. A bystander with a pistol confronted the shooter outside the restaurant and fatally shot him.”

Police later tweeted that the shooter’s identity and motive are so far unconfirmed and unknown.

(So we should be grieving for this mass shooter, that someone shot him to stop him from attacking/killing more people... Am I living in the Twilight Zone or just in the Lib World.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2018 03:53AM by Jennifer.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: May 27, 2018 08:04PM

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Girl, 9, Accidentally Kills Instructor While Firing an Uzi
[abcnews.go.com]

Woman Shot and Killed at Shooting Range...accidental murder
[nypost.com]

UPDATE: 14-year-old girl dies after shooting range incident at MacLean Bottoms
[www.kfyrtv.com]

Woman Accidentally Kills Herself With Smith and Wesson .500 at Shooting Range
[gunssavelives.net]

I’m sure everyone has seen the videos on Youtube when someone hands an inexperienced shooter, usually a tiny female, a gun that a new shooter has no business handling and then laughs when they can’t handle the power of the firearm.

This case should be an example of why such acts are not only stupid, they can have fatal consequences.

According to WGEM, a woman from South America was visiting family in Missouri. They decided to take a family trip to the shooting range.

Someone put a Smith and Wesson .500 revolver in the hands of the visiting woman.

After firing one shot from the gun, the woman lost her grip, the gun got turned around, and she accidentally fired a second shot, which hit her in the head, and killed her.

Date: May 30, 2018 11:10PM

Not only here on the internet-

U.S. NEWS
Florida Officer Suspended After Hoping For Car Accident At Student Protest
By Nina Golgowski
Officer Brian Valenti wrote that he hoped a driver would lose control of her vehicle near a gun violence protest.

The iron penis crowd is very sick

Date: August 08, 2018 02:17AM

Great neighbor.

Hero: Armed Neighbor Saves Family From Carjacker With Knife

"I have always believed in my rights as an American, and I have always believed in my rights to be safe."

[www.dailywire.com]

Last week, a good neighbor with a gun reportedly stopped a bad neighbor with a knife assaulting a woman.

On Friday, Adam Armstrong of Littlefield, Texas, witnessed one of his neighbors, Ruben Lopez, 25, assaulting a mother while she was trying to get her kids out of her car, KLBK News reports.

Armstrong, who has a license to carry, pulled out his pistol and pointed the gun at Lopez.

"He got to the driveway and pulled a knife, so I grabbed my pistol," Armstrong told KLBK News.

When he saw Armstrong's firearm, Armstrong said Lopez crossed the street back to his family's house. When police arrived, Lopez reportedly dropped his knife and attacked the officer.

Armstrong said he has had problems with Lopez before. Armstrong received his license to carry six months ago in case of incidents just like this, he said.

"My house didn't become a crime scene, and now I don't have a young man's blood on my hands," Armstrong said. "I have always believed in my rights as an American, and I have always believed in my rights to be safe.”

Date: August 08, 2018 02:41AM

Another good guy with a gun preventing another school shooting -

SHOOTER TARGETS BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT — RUNS INTO A GOOD GUY WITH A GUN

A Florida back to school event could have made tragic headlines on Saturday if not for the presence — and quick thinking — of a good guy with a legal license to carry a firearm.

[dailycaller.com]

“Peace in the City,” the event which was held in Titusville, Fla., was billed as a “day of fun” with “no violence” — but that didn’t stop a man (as yet unidentified by authorities) from returning to the location after a fistfight and opening fire.

Dwight Harvey, father of the event’s organizer, was on hand taking a live video of the event. Students were collecting and distributing school supplies as the shots first rang out.

A bystander with a legal license to carry a firearm quickly engaged the shooter, preventing what could certainly have been disastrous. The shooter was taken to the hospital with life-threatening injuries, but no other casualties have been reported.

As Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson told local ABC News affiliate WFTV, “We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident. This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park, this could have been so much worse.”

No charges are expected to be filed against the bystander.

Date: August 15, 2018 02:13AM

This is a good read -

Dallas Woman Rescues Toddlers From Carjacker By Shooting Him In The Head

[www.dailywire.com]

On Wednesday night, a woman in Dallas, Texas, rescued her two toddlers after a man jumped into her SUV and tried to drive away with them. Michelle Booker-Hicks jumped into the passenger seat and ordered the man to stop the car. When he refused, she reached into the glove box, pulled out a gun and shot him in the head, causing him to drive into a utility pole.

Michelle Booker-Hicks said she was paying for gas at a Shell gas station around 10 p.m. Wednesday when the suspect climbed inside her SUV and tried to carjack the car with her two little boys. Booker-Hicks told KDFW, “I should have emptied the whole clip, but I didn’t. I didn’t. I just wanted to give him a warning shot. That was it. I’m not a killer or anything like that but I do believe in defending what’s mine.

The woman and the children were uninjured.

The man was transported to a hospital; his injuries were not considered life-threatening. He will be charged with kidnapping, breaking and entering, and robbery.

Date: August 23, 2018 02:48PM

Haha -

Burglar shot after breaking into Utah home with ‘Smith and Wesson spoken here’ sign outside

[fox13now.com]

"IRON TOWN, Utah -- An elderly couple in southern Utah shot an intruder, but the fight didn’t stop there.

Investigators say the man then stripped naked and confronted deputies.

Iron Town is a very small community just west of Cedar City.

Barbed wire fences and no trespassing signs greet the few visitors that venture that way.

“Really, really quiet," resident Walter Enz said. "Nice.”

But it wasn't quiet on Tuesday.

“I saw the sheriff deputy come up on a pickup and he was coming at me like he was shot out of a cannon," Enz said.

The Iron County Sheriff's Office had received a call for a burglary in process in Iron Town.

Deputies say 24-year-old Christian Holbert kicked down the door of the house and confronted the couple inside.

“They are a little bit elderly, they do have some disabilities," Lt. Del Schlosser said.

Elderly but not defenseless.

A sign at the home reads, "Smith and Wesson spoken here."

“They did fear for their lives and they did shoot at him," Lt. Schlosser said.

After being shot several times, investigators say Holbert stripped naked, walked out of the home and confronted four deputies.

“Taser was used multiple times" Lt. Schlosser said. "He did not respond to that but the deputies were able to subdue him.”

After a medical helicopter took Holbert to Dixie Regional Medical Center in serious condition, Iron Town returned to quiet.

“Things happen and you just have to hope they don’t happen to you," Enz said.

The homeowners were not hurt, and deputies say they were within their rights to defend their lives.

Investigators think Holbert was on some kind of drugs that allowed him to keep going despite being shot and tased."

(Taking off his clothes sounds like Bath Salts)

Date: August 23, 2018 03:43PM

This National Enqire crap is boring!

Date: October 30, 2018 10:25PM

Another success story where the Dirtbag gets killed by the LAWFUL Gun Owner.

Masked Man Opens Fire At A McDonald's. Heroic Pistol-Packing Dad Ends Him

[www.dailywire.com]

A masked gunman who opened fire in an Alabama McDonald's restaurant on Saturday night was met with gunfire that ended his life from a pistol-packing father, a man who's been rightly praised as a hero by store employees.

According to WBRC-TV, an armed man wearing a mask entered the Birmingham McDonald's when an employee opened the front door for a father and his sons to leave the establishment. When the masked man opened fire, the father pulled out his pistol and began firing at the suspect.

Authorities have confirmed that three were shot: the suspect, the father, and one of his sons. The gunman died from his injuries sustained in the shootout and the other two suffered injuries described as non-life threatening.

It remains unclear to authorities if the suspect was attempting to rob the store or was targeting a specific employee, notes WBRC-TV.

The quick-reacting father, who likely saved numerous lives, will not be facing charges, indicate authorities.

Markus Washington, an employee at the McDonald's restaurant, told WBRC-TV he was "feeling grateful."

"Wrapping my head around it all, I was just wishing someone would come wake me up from this nightmare," he said.

"He's my hero," added the employee. "Because I can only imagine how it would've went if he wasn't armed. We might not be here having this interview."

"Things like this are difficult for both families," said Birmingham police spokesman Sgt. Bryan Shelton, according to WVMT-13.

"The gentleman who unfortunately lost his life, the teenage boy who is in the hospital recovering from his injuries and the father who is also recovering from his injuries. It's not easy being a father and watching your child get injured, get hurt like that. It's a really heartwrenching experience," said Shelton.

Though it is difficult to quantify how many innocent lives have been saved by a "good guy with a gun," Paul Hsieh, the co-founder of Freedom and Individual Rights in Medicine (FIRM), writing at Forbes notes that a study ordered by the openly pro-gun control Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) found "defensive use of guns by crime victims is a common occurrence."

Moreover, Hsieh highlights, "Almost all national survey estimates indicate that defensive gun uses by victims are at least as common as offensive uses by criminals, with estimates of annual uses ranging from about 500,000 to more than 3 million, in the context of about 300,000 violent crimes involving firearms in 2008."

Similarly, a different study found there to be well over one million instances of defensive gun uses annually:

Another study estimates there are 1,029,615 DGUs per year “for self-protection or for the protection of property at home, work, or elsewhere” excluding “military service, police work, or work as a security guard,” (within the range of the National Academies’ paper), yielding an estimate of 162,000 cases per year where someone “almost certainly would have been killed” if they “had not used a gun for protection.”

"[E]ffective defensive gun use need not ever lead the perpetrator to be wounded or killed," explains the National Research Council. "Rather, to assess the benefits of self-defense, one needs to measure crime and injury averted. The particular outcome of an offender is of little relevance."

"It's relatively easy to measure the number of lives lost due to criminal gun violence. It’s harder to measure the number of lives saved by legal defensive gun use. Murders that didn’t happen don’t show up on crime statistics," notes Hsieh.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables