Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Guns Saving Lives
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: December 07, 2018 10:14PM

I always get a lift in my spirit when I read about a killer criminal who gets what he deserves!

"Hero" homeowner fatally shoots escaped inmate who kicked in her door, sheriff says

[www.cbsnews.com]

PICKENS, S.C. -- A South Carolina woman is being hailed as a hero after investigators say she fatally shot an escaped inmate who had kicked in the door of her home as she slept early Tuesday. Pickens County Sheriff Rick Clark says the inmate was one of two who escaped the Pickens County Prison as a part of a "premeditated plan" around 2:40 a.m.

Clark said the inmates assaulted prison guards before they fled the facility in Pickens, west of Greenville.

Clark said officials received a 911 call less than 20 minutes after the escape reporting a sighting of one of the inmates, whom he identified as Timothy Cleveland Dill, on a road a short distance from the prison. Deputies responded about four minutes later and took Dill into custody without incident.

During Dill's arrest, deputies received another 911 call from the homeowner, who said the other escapee — later identified by officials as 30-year-old Bruce Webb McLaughlin Jr. — had kicked in the rear door of her house and that she'd shot him with her handgun. The woman was home alone in her bedroom at the time.

Clark said evidence at the scene supported the woman's statement to deputies that the inmate had kicked in the door, armed himself with a foot-long metal sharpening tool he took from the kitchen, and approached the door to the woman's bedroom, "just feet away" from where she had been sleeping. Clark said the woman, with no escape route, shot the intruder in the head.

Clark said the woman had undergone firearms training and was licensed to carry a concealed weapon. He credited her for receiving the training and said it helped her save her own life.

"This lady took the time to get a [concealed weapons permit] and set herself up to protect herself, and not be harmed, raped, or killed," Clark said.

Clark said the intruder was a "big guy" and "if she hadn't had a weapon, there's no telling what could have happened. But she stopped the crime. She solved the crime for us, and she came out a winner."

Clark said he gave the woman a hug and told her how proud he was of her.

"Very few people, even cops, go through situations like that, and she's kind of a hero to us here today," Clark said.

Clark said there was no prior relationship or connection between the woman and McLaughlin, whom he described as a felon "who had been known to us for quite awhile." Responding deputies found McLaughlin, still dressed in an orange prison jumpsuit, with a single gunshot wound to the head. He was immediately identified as the second escapee and was airlifted to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The homeowner wasn't injured. Clark said she wants to remain anonymous and asked the media to respect her privacy.

McLaughlin had more than a dozen prior convictions on charges ranging from assaulting a police officer and pointing a gun to drug possession with intent to distribute, disorderly conduct and shoplifting, according to Pickens County Sheriff records. He was currently awaiting trial on first-degree burglary and grand larceny charges.

The first inmate, Dill, had been held before the escape without bail on charges of criminal sexual conduct with a minor. He had also allegedly violated his probation on a 2016 burglary conviction. Dill, too, was awaiting trial, Pickens County Chief Deputy Creed Hashe told CBS News.

The two inmates had plotted their escape for at least several days and possibly weeks, Clark said. The two prison guards who were overpowered, a man and a woman, were treated for minor injuries and were expected to make a full recovery. Clark said other inmates attempted to help the wounded guards.

The sheriff's office says once the investigation of the shooting is complete, the case file will be forwarded to the 13th Circuit Solicitor's Office to determine any possible criminal violations. But a sheriff's statement said its preliminary conclusion is that the woman was protecting herself, and the department "has not uncovered any evidence or information that in any way would suggest probable cause of a criminal violation on behalf of the homeowner at this stage of the investigation."

Several states, including South Carolina, have a "castle doctrine" that recognizes a person's home as their "castle" and allows them to legally defend themselves with deadly force while inside it when in fear of death or great bodily harm. South Carolina is also among the states that have expanded the legal concept to locations outside the home under controversial statutes sometimes known as "Stand your Ground."

Clark said the incident was a "shining example" of why homeowners, especially women, should receive concealed weapons permits and training. According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, home burglaries in which residents become victims of violence are relatively rare; a national survey found about 7 percent of household burglaries between 2003 and 2007 involved some form of violent victimization. Of those, the victims in most cases — 65 percent — knew the offender.

Dill was charged Tuesday afternoon with additional counts related to the escape and officer assaults.

Wow, what an ugly dirtbag!

Baldie, dumbo ears, bloodshot eyes, crooked nose, pimple face.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: December 08, 2018 11:27AM

Quote Jennifer

Wow, new low for you. This is up there with telling me to kill myself.

Denigrating a woman's looks. Pure Lib hypocrisy

So now the Liberals are judging Looks. Wow! But if it was a Conservative doing so.... it would be the top news story in all the world in five minutes!

Nasty Mean Vitriolic Hypocritical Libs

Quote- Jennifer Wow, what an ugly dirtbag!

jennifer Go Kill your hypocrisy!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2018 11:29AM by riverhousebill.

Date: December 09, 2018 12:22AM

Oh, you noticed ...

Now that you (and the Libs) set a new precedent that it's fine to make fun of a person's looks - especially females - than I'm only following suit.

I'll be critiquing every leftist's appearance now, because the morally superior Libs think it's the proper (politically correct) way to behave. Part of the Lib culture now.

Here the Libs are in full force applauding one of their fellow Lib Women on Appearance Shaming another female.

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: December 09, 2018 04:29AM

Quote Jennifer Oh, you noticed .

Yes jennife Ive noticed hypocrisy is your greatest Luxuary!

Quote Jennifer

So now the Liberals are judging Looks. Wow! But if it was a Conservative doing so.... it would be the top news story in all the world in five minutes!

jennifer Go Kill your hypocrisy![/quote]

Date: December 09, 2018 04:57AM

rhb, you and the libs are the hypocrites. You guys gave the go ahead to everyone that it's fine to mock and ridicule a woman for her looks when you and the Libs tore into Cindy Hyde-Smith about how her teeth looked.

Here -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

On November 29th, riverhousebill said:

Jennifer You call this cattle rancher with no teeth A win for Mississippi OK understood.

And here -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

On November 29th, riverhousebill said:

Hyde Smith the cattle rancher with no teeth who jokes about hanging people
in a State that has hung thousands of people of color a win for the Sad State of Mississippi Yeh Understood!

So in the two posts that I referenced and quoted above, on November 29th, you gave the ok that its fine to ridicule a woman about her looks on this very board. I only followed your lead days later to show you how nasty and low-grade it is.

Here you are again on the same day - just couldn't stop insulting the woman's looks -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

riverhousebill

Re: Voter Fraud of House of Representatives Elections
Date: November 29, 2018 01:59AM

The lady with no teeth you call her a winner Ha HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You just love those Kluckers dont you.

If you scroll down in the same thread after you beat up Cindy Hyde-Smith about her looks/her teeth, that's when I followed your lead, your precedent that it's okay to insult a woman by mocking her looks and gave you a taste of your own medicine by inspecting Alexandria Occasional Cortex's looks and found them less than pleasant - especially her BIG BUCK TEETH and gigantic mouth.

So YOU STARTED IT! Lib hypocrisy. And now you seem to be saying that - What's okay for you Libs is not okay for 'the other side'. As per usual - double standard.

It's ok for a Lib to ridicule a woman about her looks, but it's not ok for a conservative to ridicule someone about their looks. Yes, you and the Libs are the hypocrites.

Date: December 09, 2018 04:59AM

riverhousebill
Quote Jennifer Oh, you noticed .

Yes jennife Ive noticed hypocrisy is your greatest Luxuary!

Quote Jennifer

jennifer Go Kill your hypocrisy!
[/quote]

Date: December 09, 2018 05:04AM

Why do you keep repeating yourself? I heard you the first time.

Date: April 17, 2019 01:44PM

Yay! Dirtbag scum getting justice -

Armed home invaders get what's coming to them when son allegedly sees mother held at gunpoint

'The person that had the vehicle is dead in my bed'

[www.theblaze.com]

A pair of Florida home invaders paid with their lives last week after coming face to face with a man inside the residence who proved far more handy with a gun.

What happened?

Alvin Smalls, 20, and Amir Lynn, 18, broke into the Titusville home in an apparent robbery attempt around noon last Thursday, WOFL-TV reported, citing Brevard County Sheriff's deputies. One of them wore a mask and other was carrying a gun, the station added.

But a man inside the home had guns of his own and fatally shot both intruders, WESH-TV reported.

The man also can be heard on a 911 call — distraught and breathing heavily — saying one of the intruders "held my mom at gunpoint." He added to the dispatcher that "me and my mom are fine, thank God" and that "the person that had the vehicle is dead in my bed."

Smalls was pronounced dead at the scene; Lynn ran outside, collapsed near the street, and was pronounced dead at a nearby hospital, WESH reported, citing deputies.

The Orlando Sentinel said the sheriff's office declined to release the name of the shooter and cited Marsy's Law, a Florida constitutional amendment passed in November that protects the privacy of crime victims.

"Right now it appears it is a case of them defending themselves in the home," sheriff's spokesperson Tod Goodyear told WESH.

A crying woman, possibly a relative, was seen on camera being restrained by a deputy while trying to get through the police lines after the shooting, the station added.

Deputies told WESH that the shooter is cooperating amid the investigation.

Smalls' brother, 19-year-old Elvin Smalls, was shot on the same small street in June and died about a week later, the paper added. Goodyear said Elvin Smalls' case is still open, according to the Sentinel.

Date: April 17, 2019 04:14PM

Guns taking lives The flip side Stats

Everytown
Learn
Litigation
SEARCH
ABOUT
JOIN EVERYTOWN
DONATE
April 4, 2019

Every day, 100 Americans are killed with guns and hundreds more are shot and injured. The effects of gun violence extend far beyond these casualties—gun violence shapes the lives of millions of Americans who witness it, know someone who was shot, or live in fear of the next shooting.
In order to illustrate the magnitude of everyday gun violence, Everytown has gathered the most comprehensive, publicly available data. Still, significant data gaps remain—a result of underfunded, incomplete data collection at the state and federal level. Filling these gaps is necessary to truly understand the full impact of gun violence in the United States.

GUN DEATHS & INJURIES BY INTENT

GUN DEATHS BY INTENT1

Average Deaths per Year
Total 36,383

GUN INJURIES BY INTENT2

Average Injuries per Year
Total 100,120

*Note: This intent category is believed to be underreported and is likely being misclassified as homicide.3 The Washington Post’s database is widely cited and estimates that 986 civilians are fatally shot by police in an average year—nearly twice as many as recorded by the CDC.4

GUN SUICIDE

Nearly two-thirds of gun deaths are suicides.5 The U.S. gun suicide rate is 10 times that of other high-income countries.6
Access to a gun increases the risk of death by suicide by three times.7 Gun suicides are concentrated in states with high rates of gun ownership.8
Most people who attempt suicide do not die—unless they use a gun. Across all suicide attempts not involving a firearm, less than five percent will result in death.9 But for gun suicides, those statistics are flipped: approximately 85 percent of gun suicide attempts end in death.10
White men represent 74 percent of firearm suicide victims in America.11

GUN HOMICIDE

One-third of gun deaths are homicides.12 The U.S. gun homicide rate is 25 times that of other high-income countries.13
Access to a gun increases the risk of death by homicide by two times.14
Gun homicides are concentrated in cities—half of all gun homicides took place in just 127 cities, which represented nearly a quarter of the U.S. population.15 Within these cities, gun homicides are most prevalent in racially segregated neighborhoods with high rates of poverty.16
Black Americans represent the majority of gun homicide victims.17 In fact, Black Americans are 10 times more likely than white Americans to die by gun homicide.18
Homicide

GUN ASSAULTS

Three-quarters of nonfatal gun injuries are caused by assaults.19
Black males are 15 times more likely than white males to be shot and injured in assaults involving guns.20
gun assaults

CHILDREN AND TEENS

Firearms are the second leading cause of death for American children and teens and the first leading cause of death for Black children and teens.21
Nearly 1,700 children and teens die by gun homicide every year.22 For children under the age of 13, these gun homicides most frequently occur in the home and are often connected to domestic or family violence.23
Black children and teens are 14 times more likely than white children and teens of the same age to die by gun homicide.24
2nd leading cause of death

DOMESTIC VIOLENCE

Women in the U.S. are 21 times more likely to be killed with a gun than women in other high-income countries.25
In an average month, 52 American women are shot to death by an intimate partner,26 and many more are injured.
Nearly one million women alive today have been shot or shot at by an intimate partner.27 Approximately 4.5 million American women alive today have been threatened with a gun by an intimate partner.28
Access to a gun in a domestic violence situation makes it five times more likely that a woman will be killed.29
Black women are twice as likely to be fatally shot by an intimate partner compared to white women.30
1 million women

IMPACT ON AMERICANS

58 percent of American adults or someone they care for have experienced gun violence in their lifetime.31
Approximately three million American children witness gun violence every year.32

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2019 04:21PM by riverhousebill.

Date: December 23, 2019 03:45AM

Thank God, this Innocent Victim ended up Dead instead of shooting the Evil Perpetrator!

Loved ones remember father killed during home invasion

[www.woodtv.com]

KALAMAZOO, Mich. (WOOD) — Authorities say the man who was killed during a home invasion near Kalamazoo Sunday night was a young father who was just spending time with his wife and daughter when an intruder broke in.

The homeowner was identified Monday as Christopher Ryan Lee Neal, 22. Kalamazoo County Sheriff Richard Fuller said he was new to the area.

>>Online: Condolences for the family of Christopher Neal

“He was taking care of his family last night,” Fuller said. “But that was also a team effort because the mother protected their child.”

Neal’s wife and daughter hid amid what Fuller called “40 minutes of mayhem” and both are OK.

Law enforcement officials offered their condolences to the family, calling Neal’s death senseless and tragic.

“When I got back here (to the sheriff’s office) last night, I was listening to the child play in the other room as the deputies were talking to the mom,” Fuller said during a Monday press conference, “and it struck me that this young child has a new future, a new future brought upon her by a tragic event that can’t be erased.”

Neal’s sister-in-law, Emilie Murphy, spoke to News 8 on Monday and said Neal “adored his wife and child.”

“Chris was a loving father and doting husband who everyone loved,” she said.

Neal’s friend, Tanner Jones, spoke to News 8 on the phone about the tragic loss.

Jones said Neal is considered a role model in his small-town Texas community.

Quinlan Independent School District, where Neal attended school growing up, posted to social media Monday, sharing a video made last year that featured Neal as one of the district’s inspirational alumni.

“He was proud to be from Quinlan, proud to be in the military and very proud of his family,” QISD wrote in the post.

Jones said after high school, Neal went straight into the Navy where he met his wife Haley.

“He just wanted a better life for himself, so he joined the Navy to serve his country,” Jones said.

From serving his country to serving his family, Chris loved being a new father.

“I called him ‘little mama,’” Jones said. “He wanted to be the stay-at-home parent. He was more maternal than a father — he’s just a wonderful dad.”

Jones was horrified to read the details of Neal’s death, but wasn’t surprised to learn he died protecting his family.

“I know Chris. I know he’d do anything to protect his family and it shows,” Jones said.

Terry Ammon, a neighbor, was unsure how to cope with the whirlwind of emotions that she’s feeling, so she laid flowers outside the home the following evening.

“A new married couple (moves here) with a child and he’s murdered in his own home,” Ammon said. “It takes my breath away that this can happen here.”

Three officers were shot responding to the home invasion in Comstock Township, but none sustained serious injuries.

Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety Officer Caleb Jones — a three-year veteran of the agency, patrol officer and SWAT member — took a bullet to the shoulder, KDPS Director Karianne Thomas said. Jones was the only one of the three officers to remain in the hospital Monday morning, where he was listed in good condition.

Michigan State Police Trooper Mark Fletcher was shot once in the lower leg. MSP Lt. Angel Ouwinga said he was doing well Monday morning.

A sheriff’s deputy received a graze to the head. Fuller did not release the deputy’s name, saying they had not discussed it, but said he has been with the department a little less than a year.

The sheriff said the incident appears to have been random. After getting 911 calls around 10:30 p.m. Sunday, the sheriff’s office, MSP and KDPS converged on the home on Proctor Avenue near King Highway.

Fuller said responding officers “did everything they could.” At the scene, they heard a gunshot and moved into the house, at which point the three officers were hit.

“There were a lot of rounds fired off last night by the suspect — a lot,” Fuller said. “And no officers were in a position to return any fire because they were worried about other victims. And that’s why you have three injured officers today and a suspect in custody.”

The suspect was arrested as he tried to get away and is expected to face several charges including murder, home invasion, unlawful imprisonment, multiple counts of assault with intent to commit murder (for the injuries to the officers) and weapons charges.

Date: December 23, 2019 07:38AM

Good thing guns don't kill or someone could have gotten hurt.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 23, 2019 03:33PM

Jennifer
Thank God, this Innocent Victim ended up Dead instead of shooting the Evil Perpetrator!

Tai
For most readers, they know that in no way was I suggesting for innocent people to die. That is a complete distortion of what I said. And to invoke God in this distortion, is piling on the wrong.

The reason I shared on the Robert Lockhart thread is to help avoid future premature deaths and avoidable damage. My point is to save lives, not waste them.

jennifer
Another heart-warming account of Defensive Gun Use - Yeah! smiling bouncing smiley
etc.
etc.
etc

Tai
All I am saying is that if a truly benevolent person shot and/or killed someone in self defense, that benevolent person would NOT celebrate, would NOT be happy, and would NOT have their heart warmed. Look at all your comments in this thread. I don't have time to copy and paste all of them.

Date: April 18, 2020 01:45AM

Yay! Justice is Served!

HOODLUM BREAKS INTO HOME, GETS SHOT BY THE ENTIRE FAMILY [VIDEO]

[dailyheadlines.com]

A man who lived less than a mile from the house he broke into got the surprise of his life – the very last one as it turns out. He broke in through the back door of this home in the early hours of the morning.

The father, mother and son were all armed, and fired a warning shot to let the intruder know that he had only two options, retreat back into the night, or face a sure death.

And apparently the intruder chose “death” as he refused to leave and continued advancing into the kitchen, before being shot dead by the entire family.

The officer in the video is citing the Castle Doctrine. Even though the guy was not armed, he was warned and then did not retreat. The neighbors are being very supportive of the family.

Obviously everyone has a right to protect themselves, this family even took the risky option of firing a “warning shot” to alert this intruder that they were armed, imagine if this guy had a weapon and was also armed? I for one would never have given this guy the option, “family first, and family always!”

The dumbass intruder’s actions were almost as stupid as trying to rob a cop bar hangout.

Date: April 18, 2020 02:27AM

King Yellowman jennifer you like reggae Music?

sorry I forgot repbicans cant dance.

Ilove this tune by the King

Gun shot a it nuh respect no one
Gun shot a it nuh respect no one
It kill soldier man, it kill our citizen (?)
It kill soldier man, it kill police man
It kill police man, also bad man
It kill bad man, also civilian
It kill civilian, also christian
It kill any man, also human
Gun man, seh tell me whey you get de gun from
You mus 'a get it from the foreign
You wan' come shoot dung your own black man (do it!)

A whey you can go when Jah right time ?
De wicked a go melt like a butter 'gainst sun
De dread 'pon those who a fire dem gun
Nuh worry dey us, Iyah, a have we likkle fun
De gun man dey a 'ell, a tek fire bun
Gun man, seh tell me whey you get yuh gun from ?
You mus 'a get it from the foreign
You all come shoot dung your own black man.........

did jennifer really say this - I always get a lift in my spirit when I read about a killer criminal who gets what he deserves

You are so spititual my dear your quote speaks volumes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 02:30AM by riverhousebill.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables