Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cyst not beer belly nor pregnancy
Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 02, 2018 03:53AM

[www.yahoo.com]

The internet collectively freaked out this week over the news that — what a California man thought was a beer belly — was actually a 77-pound cyst. But men aren’t the only ones experiencing this strange phenomenon. In a blog post earlier this year, 28-year-old Keely Favell shared pictures of a 57-pound cyst that she initially thought was either a late-term pregnancy or weight gain.

According to Favell’s blog post, when she saw her belly expand, she was too nervous to go the doctor. “I was…afraid that I would be dismissed as merely being fat,” Favell writes. It wasn’t until she began experiencing blackouts at work that Favell’s mom convinced her to go to the doctor. “Looking at me, anyone would have assumed I was 9 months pregnant,” she writes.
Once in front of medical professionals, Favell was examined for a possible pregnancy — but doctors found something else. “The ultrasound showed I had a large ovarian mass,” Favell writes. “This led to me being referred to a High Risk Obstetrics Consultant who told me that surgery was a must, and I would be cut open from my chest bone all the way down to my pelvic bone; pretty much like an old-fashioned C-Section.”
Favell ultimately went in for surgery in March, though doctors still weren’t able to tell her exactly how big the cyst was — or whether it was dangerous. But after more than four hours of surgery, they were able to successfully remove a 57-pound cyst. Although the 28-year-old didn’t share exactly what type of growth it was, since she said the aftermath was “plain sailing,” it’s possible she was experiencing a mucinous cystadenoma — a cyst that begins on the ovaries, becomes filled with mucuslike liquid, and then continues to grow.
A woman in Alabama this summer shared a similar story in which she had a 50-pound mucinous cystadenoma removed from her ovary. But an ovarian cyst reaching that size is very rare.
For Favell, who couldn’t be reached by Yahoo Lifestyle for comment, the removal of the cyst seems to mean a new lease on life. “The shock on my family’s faces said it all,” she wrote of the surgery’s aftermath. “I was literally half the woman I was going down.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2018 03:53AM by Tai.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cyst not beer belly nor pregnancy
Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 05, 2018 05:24AM

Whoua, thanks for sharing, what is the cause of the cyst for it to get so big?

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: December 05, 2018 04:53PM

I don't understand why she didn't go get it checked out earlier. She thought she was getting fat or that it was a pregnancy. Why didn't she do a pregnancy test or go to the doctor for a test when it first started? What is the time frame; when did she first suspect something was amiss and when did she go get it checked out.

I like Yahoo.com stories because I like to read the comments.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: December 06, 2018 01:28AM

Raw Practicalist:
Whoua, thanks for sharing, what is the cause of the cyst for it to get so big?

Tai

causes for these problems could be many. we live in such a toxic world. The average American eats so many toxic things, like Aspartame, which is proven to cause tumors.

I heard a story on Vaxxed youtube of a young woman who got the HPV vaccine and she grew a big ovarian cyst within 2 months of getting the vaccine and it burst and she later died. The stories I have heard about this vaccine are gruesome.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: December 19, 2018 12:01PM

I guess for pregnancy it should be easy to know after a time it is not a pregnancy when the baby is not moving. As for men they know it is not a pregnancy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables