Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Grand jury returns 16 felony counts against Jussie Smollett
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 12, 2019 03:20AM

Good news (along with Nick Sandmann suing CNN) for we (Republicans/Conservatives/Trump Supporters) victims of the Lying Lib Fake Hate Crimes/Hate Hoaxes -

CWB Chicago - who has done some of the best investigating and reporting on the Jussie Smollett Hate Hoax - first broke the news -

Exclusive: Grand jury returns 16 felony counts against Jussie Smollett

[www.cwbchicago.com]

Embattled TV star Jussie Smollett's legal problems have just become significantly more serious as a Cook County grand jury has returned a 16-count true bill of charges against him in connection with his alleged falsification of a hate crime in Streeterville in late January.

Smollet was charged with a single count of felony disorderly conduct-false report last month based on allegations brought by the Cook County State's Attorney's Office.

But, CWBChicago has learned that a grand jury has now returned a total of 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct-false report against the former star of Empire on Fox.

The grand jury's true bill states that Smollett lied about the attack to two separate police officers--the beat cop who took his initial report and a detective who conducted a follow-up interview the same day.

In one set of charges, the grand jury found that Smollet filed a false police report around 2 a.m. on Jan. 29th in which he told an officer that he was attacked near 341 East Lower North Water Street by two unknown men who were dressed in black and one of whom wore a ski mask. The jury further found that Smollett told the original officer that the attackers called him racial and homophobic slurs and struck him in the face with their hands. The police report connected to these charges also indicate that Smollett claimed that a noose had been placed around his neck and a "chemical" had been poured on him.

The second set of charges returned by the grand jury involves Smollett's alleged false reporting of the incident to a police detective later the same day. Additional details that Smollett apparently included in the second interview include: the men approached him from behind, Smollett fought back, and all three men fell to the ground where Smollett said he was kicked in the back and felt someone pulling on his neck. During this interview, Smollett also told the officer that one offender was a white male wearing a black mask with an open area around the eyes that exposed the attacker's skin, the grand jury found.

While announcing the initial charge against Smollett last month, Chicago Police Superintendent Eddie Johnson said his department believed that Smollett was also responsible for mailing a threat letter to himself that set the stage for the purported hate crime. Nonetheless, no state charges were brought against Smollett in connection with the letter by the grand jury. The letter has been under investigation by federal authorities including the U.S. Postal Inspection Service and the FBI.

The new charges against Smollett each carry a potential sentence of probation to three years if convicted. Realistically, though, Smollett is unlikely to be convicted on more than a fraction of the charges. Most Cook County criminal cases are resolved through plea bargains in which a defendant pleads guilty to one and, rarely, two counts of an indictment in return for a favorable sentence. Only by going to trial do most defendants run the real risk of being convicted of more than one or two counts. Even in the worst case scenario of conviction on multiple counts, any jail sentences would almost certainly be ordered served concurrently.

National news outlets have been reporting since Smollett's arrest that he had already been "indicted" by a grand jury. As CWBChicago has repeatedly reported, those outlets were incorrect. Shortly before Smollett's arrest, a grand jury was convened in a so-called "John Doe case," a legal maneuver that is designed to lock in the testimony of key witnesses under oath to minimize the risk of that testimony changing later and to preserve the testimony should a witness go missing.

Smollett's attorneys are due back in court next week.

The letter hoax should be a federal crime, but the FBI will find Jussie Smollett innocent because THE FBI ARE LIBS/were radicalied Libs by Obama.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Grand jury returns 16 felony counts against Jussie Smollett
Date: March 12, 2019 02:23PM

Date: March 12, 2019 02:30PM

Date: March 12, 2019 02:30PM

Date: March 15, 2019 02:18AM

So an Obama aide tried to intervene so Jussie would get off scot free - by moving the case to the Obama/Liberal FBI -

Records: Former Michelle Obama aide, Smollett relative reached out to Kim Foxx

[chicago.suntimes.com]

Just days after Jussie Smollett told Chicago police he had fought off a pair of attackers who targeted him in an apparent hate crime, Cook County State’s Attorney Kim Foxx tried to persuade Police Supt. Eddie Johnson to turn the investigation over to the FBI.

Foxx’s call to Johnson came after an influential supporter of the “Empire” actor reached out to Foxx personally: Tina Tchen, a Chicago attorney and former chief of staff for former First Lady Michelle Obama, according to emails and text messages provided by Foxx to the Chicago Sun-Times in response to a public records request.

Tchen passed Foxx’s number to a relative of the actor, and the ensuing conversations with the family member were cited by Foxx last month as the reason she recused herself from Smollett’s prosecution as the actor faces disorderly conduct charges for allegedly making a false police report.

Text messages show Tchen contacted Foxx on Feb. 1, three days after Smollett said he was jumped by two men as he walked home from a sandwich shop near his Streeterville home. Tchen texted Foxx to set up an early morning phone call.

“I wanted to give you a call on behalf of Jussie Smollett and family who I know. They have concerns about the investigation,” Tchen wrote in a text sent before 5 a.m., seeking to set up a call with Foxx before Tchen left on an 8 a.m. flight to New York.

A few hours later, Foxx received a text from a relative of Smollett, who said she’d received the number from Tchen.

In an interview with the Sun-Times this week, Foxx said that the family member expressed concerns about leaked information about the investigation — information that media outlets attributed to “police sources.”

“They had no doubt about the quality of the investigation, but believed that the FBI would have a tighter lid on the information,” said Foxx, adding that Johnson initially seemed receptive to the idea of turning the case over to the FBI.

Foxx said she has made similar calls to Johnson in cases involving lower-profile victims.

Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said the FBI was involved from the start of the investigation, as is the case in most possible hate crime investigations, but there was never a discussion of the CPD giving up the case to federal investigators. The department confirmed last week that there is an ongoing internal investigation of the unnamed sources who gave the press information.

The conversations with Smollett’s relative took place during the period of the investigation when Smollett was considered the victim of a hate crime, not a suspect in a hoax, Foxx said.

Her decision to recuse herself was based on the conversations with the family member, which included information about Smollett.

An email included with the records requested by the Sun-Times shows Foxx’s chief ethics officer sent a message to top staff announcing Foxx had recused herself from the case on Feb. 13 — about a week before Smollett was charged, and the same date as her last text message and calls with Smollett’s relative.

Foxx spokesman Robert Foley announced that the top prosecutor had recused herself and turned the case over to her top deputy, Joseph Magats, on Feb. 19, without explaining why.

The next day, Foley elaborated in a statement to reporters that Foxx “had conversations with a family member of Jussie Smollett about the incident and their concerns, and facilitated a connection to the Chicago Police Department who were investigating the incident.”

The text messages show Foxx told both Tchen and Smollett’s relative that Foxx had reached out to Johnson personally about handing the investigation off to the FBI.

“Spoke to the superintendent earlier. He is going to make the ask. Trying to figure out logistics. I’ll keep you posted,” Foxx wrote the relative that evening.

“OMG this would be a huge victory,” the relative texted in reply.

In an email message to Tchen sent the same day, Foxx wrote: “Spoke to the Superintendent Johnson. I convinced him to reach out to FBI to ask that they take over the investigation. He is reaching out now and will get to me shortly.”

Tchen did not respond to requests for comment from the Sun-Times.

Date: March 15, 2019 02:33AM

Meantime Jussie Smollett pleaded Not Guilty -

Heard there was a Justice for Jussie rally outside the courthouse and less than a dozen Libs showed up - lol

Jussie Smollett pleads not guilty to faking racist, homophobic attack on himself

[www.chicagotribune.com]

mpire” actor Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty Thursday in Cook County court to 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly staging a phony attack and claiming he was the victim of a hate crime.

The plea of not guilty to charges of filing a phony police report came after Judge Steven Watkins was randomly assigned to preside over the high-profile case.

Jussie Smollett pleaded not guilty on Thursday to charges related to lying to police after the actor claimed earlier this year that he was the victim of a racist and homophobic attack.

The "Empire" star pleaded not guilty to 16 felony counts of disorderly conduct for filing a false police report, according to the Chicago Tribune. Smollett has maintained his innocence in the case.

The Tribune reported that cameras were allowed in the courtroom when a judge was randomly assigned to the case. That judge, Steven Watkins, will ultimately determine whether future proceedings can be recorded in the case.

The 36-year-old actor, who is free on $100,000 bond, has previously denied lying to police or faking the attack.

Among Smollett’s well-wishers in the courtroom was local activist Frank Chapman of the Chicago Alliance Against Racist and Political Repression, who more typically shows up at the courthouse to support those alleging abuse by Chicago police.

“We don’t claim to know exactly what happened,” he said. “We’ve got two things to go with: the word of Jussie Smollett, who says he was a victim, and we’ve got police. And we’ll go with Jussie Smollett. … I think as a movement for social justice, we don’t have a choice.”

The actor, who is African-American and openly gay, has said he was walking from a Subway sandwich shop to his apartment in the 300 block of East North Water Street about 2 a.m. Jan. 29 when two men walked up, yelled racial and homophobic slurs, hit him and wrapped a noose around his neck.

Smollett said they also yelled, “This is MAGA country,” in a reference to President Donald Trump’s campaign slogan of “Make America Great Again.”

Police initially treated the incident as a hate crime, but their focus turned to Smollett after two brothers who were alleged to have been his attackers told police that Smollett had paid them $3,500 to stage the attack, with a promise of an additional $500 later.

Police pieced together much of their evidence by reviewing footage from about 55 police and private surveillance cameras showing the brothers’ movements before and after the attack.

The shift in the investigation came amid intense press coverage and often bitter public debate and stinging skepticism on social media.

Smollett addressed those doubts in a national TV interview and in a strongly worded statement after the brothers were released from custody after questioning by police.

A week before the alleged attack, Smollett told police he received a threatening letter at work. Prosecutors said Smollett staged the attack because he was unhappy with the studio’s response to the threatening letter. Chicago police took it a step further, accusing Smollett of faking the letter as well.

Federal authorities are conducting a separate investigation into that letter.

Smollett is next due in court on April 17.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 16, 2019 04:48PM

jennifer playing a few cards here with her Smoller roller.

HUFFPOST PERSONAL
03/16/2019 11:00 am ET
My Bloody Shirt: Revisiting My 1992 Gaybashing After Jussie Smollett
headshot
John Voelcker
Guest Writer

JOHN VOELCKER

Yesterday, actor Jussie Smollett entered a plea of not guilty on charges he lied to police in his reports that he was the victim of a hate crime in January.

As with the Matthew Shepard case in 1998, the news reports of Smollett’s hate crime claims reignited emotions I’d largely packed away. I followed the story with growing sadness and anger. It curdled into rage as the possibility grew that Smollett’s tale was a hoax.

Friends and colleagues tut-tut in horror over antigay violence. But they tend not to know anyone who’s actually been attacked. I know the reality of antigay violence personally, because a 30-year-old shirt reminds me.

Hanging toward the back of my closet is a perfectly standard blue Oxford cloth button-down shirt, of the most classic boxy cut.

What makes it different from any similar shirt are the bloodstains. The left side above the pocket is soaked through; so is a patch on the right side. Blood is splattered across the collar, shoulders, stomach and sleeves.

That was my blood, gushing from my face in October 1992 as a group of angry London teens broke my nose, knocked me unconscious, and kicked me in the face as I lay on the ground.

That was my blood, gushing from my face in October 1992 as a group of angry London teens broke my nose, knocked me unconscious, and kicked me in the face.
It was pub-closing time. They were drunk, likely after hammering down quick pints to beat the bell. We were a pair of men talking to each other about our life together, our plans, the trip we were starting.

“They’re poofs,” I heard. The closest one punched me in the face.

My then-partner Bill grew up in a tougher neighborhood than I had. He managed to stay vertical and fight back during the assault. The violence ended only when a taxi turned into the street. Our attackers scattered.

The cabbie stopped, and he and Bill managed to get me conscious. We somehow found my bent spectacles on the cobblestones.

The two of us had been in England all of three hours. Like any tired couple after a long flight, we had nothing more on our minds than having a bite before getting to bed. We’d gone out to get cash and find a place to eat in the tourist haven of Covent Garden.

Instead, we spent our whole night talking to officials under fluorescent lights — first at the police station, then at the hospital. They were unfazed by our wounds and our story. Happens a lot, they said, bent over their paperwork.

Subscribe to Must Reads
The internet's best stories, and interviews with their authors.

address@email.com
The police found the attackers nearby, and arrested the three they caught. One of them took a swing at a constable in the van on the way back. They beat him badly, the commanding officer hinted later. I had no reaction, except more fatigue; the lesson would not be learned.

The sun had risen by the time we made it to bed.

We stayed indoors for a couple of days, nursing our wounds. In the end, we decided to finish our vacation — stitched up, bruised, and aching. Our appearance brought questions everywhere we went. We told our story, nodded at expressions of sympathy, and took the journey to Ireland we’d planned.

It wasn’t a joyful trip: Bill was angry, I was morose. We were glad to get back to New York City.

I was called to testify against the attackers, in London, on four days’ notice. I couldn’t afford the plane tickets, so the charges were lifted. Our attackers walked free, with whatever damage the police had inflicted.

Bill’s face still has a visible scar, more than 25 years later, where he was stitched up from chin to lip that same night.

At the request of Britain’s National Health Service, I had waited until we returned home to get my face rebuilt. That meant my U.S. insurance would cover the costs, rather than British taxpayers.

The process of having my nose and the center of my face rebuilt is familiar to anyone who watches “Botched”—but I can tell you it’s more painful and exhausting than you would imagine. I was away from work for two weeks, 10 days of it lying flat on my couch, mouth-breathing and medicated.

The new contours of my face shocked and disturbed me for months. The effects of concussion took equally long to abate. Slowly, my damaged sense of balance — which at random produced a complete loss of equilibrium with violent, debilitating nausea — started to repair itself.

My fears of loud groups of teenagers, of running feet behind me, ebbed over time. I don’t think much about the attack, except when I have to explain its lasting side effects.

I can no longer tolerate roller coasters, swinging gondolas, rope bridges, or other places where my equilibrium is violently tested. In quiet chats, I’ve found a few professional colleagues who also cope with the side effects of concussion and head injuries — and that helped more than I expected.

I don’t really know why I’ve kept the shirt since 1992. Perhaps it’s to prove that it all really happened, that it was as bad as I recalled, that as the event recedes, I can hang onto physical proof against the doubters.

The reality is that my gaybashing was hardly unusual. Bill and I were simply a common statistic: One in three LGBTQ people is physically assaulted for their sexuality at some point in their lives.

If our media devoted even a tiny fraction of the attention Smollett’s story received to every LGBTQ person who’s been taunted, threatened, or physically attacked, the volume of actual gay bashing might overwhelm other topics.

Instead, this case lends credence to those who cast doubt on hate crimes, question victims, and blame the “looks” or “behavior” or “attitude” of those victims for the violence perpetrated on them by others.

While the Smollett case was seemingly a hoax, don’t let it sway you from the cold, hard fact: violence against LGBTQ people — as well as against people of color, women, those of non-Christian religions, and other disfavored groups — is real. And it happens every day.

If you don’t believe that, I have a shirt I’d like you to see.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 17, 2019 10:17AM

Definitely. And whether or not one guy was lying about an attack, 49 others were just gunned down in New Zealand for being Muslim.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2019 10:22AM by suncloud.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 17, 2019 12:45PM

suncloud
Definitely. And whether or not one guy was lying about an attack, 49 others were just gunned down in New Zealand for being Muslim.

People like jennifer have blood on their hands.
But since when have kluckers valued life?

Go back to the Smoller postings by Jennifer,
The racism stated in those post like One person shows us how racist the black community is shows us Jennfer is a dirty Klucker with her own words
again racist should be removed.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables