Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Liberal Privilege/Black Privilege - Jussie Smollett
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: March 26, 2019 05:28PM

Always and still maintaining his innocence!

Charges dropped. Sealed the case file. Record wiped clean.

Thanks to Cook County State Attorney Kim Fox, who had recused herself at the beginning of the investigation and tried to get the case turned over to the FBI after getting a call from former Chief of Staff of Michelle Obama. Kim Fox also exchanged text messages with relatives of Jussie Smollett.

Jussie Smollett is a good friend of Michelle Obama.

LIBERAL PRIVILEGE

Charges dropped against ‘Empire’ actor Jussie Smollett

[chicago.suntimes.com]

Prosecutors on Tuesday dropped charges against “Empire” actor Jussie Smollett that accused him of staging a hate-crime attack against himself.

The actor was indicted March 8 with 16 counts of disorderly conduct for allegedly hiring two men to attack him near his Streeterville home in January. The $10,000 posted for Smollett’s bond will be turned over to the City of Chicago Law Department.

The hearing lasted less than 5 minutes. Cook County Circuit Judge Steven G. Watkins sealed the case file.

Chicago police officials said Supt. Eddie Johnson was not briefed on the decision to drop charges and learned about it in the middle of a police academy graduation ceremony scheduled at the same time Foxx’s office announced it.

A police source said Johnson was “furious” and maintained the evidence against Smollett was “rock solid.”

After the hearing, Smollett said, “I want to thank the state of Illinois for attempting to do what is right.”

“I want to thank my family, friends, the incredible people of Chicago . . . who have prayed for me, who have supported me. . . . I want you to know that not for a moment was it in vain. I’ve been truthful and consistent on every single level since day one.”

“This has been an incredibly difficult time, honestly one of the worst of my entire life.”

Now he will go back and continue to “fight for the betterment of the lives of marginalized people everywhere.”

Smollett lawyer Patricia Brown Holmes said there was no deal with prosecutors.

“There is no deferred prosecution. … The state dismissed the charges,” Holmes said. “We believe it was the correct result. … We are very anxious for Jussie to get on with his life.”

“[Jussie] is someone who has dedicated his life to public service since he was 15 years old. He is someone who has taken the city of Chicago as his home. He is a good, solid citizen of the city of Chicago.”

First Assistant State’s Attorney Joseph Magats said the decision to drop the charges was not a statement that Smollett did not, as police and prosecutors said when the actor was charged, pay his assailants to fake the attack and then falsely report the incident to police and detectives.

Asked if the dropped charges meant the actor was, in fact, the victim of a crime, Magats was emphatic.

“Absolutely not. We stand behind the CPD investigation done in this case, we stand behind the approval of charges in this case,” Magats told the Sun-Times. “They did a fantastic job. The fact there was an alternative disposition in this case is not and should not be viewed as some kind of admission there was something wrong with the case, or something wrong with the investigation that the Chicago Police did.”

Magats, who became the final decision maker on the case after State’s Attorney Kim Foxx recused herself in mid-February, said prosecutors made the decision to drop the charges against Smollett under the same criteria they would any other defendant.

“It’s a nonviolent crime. He has no felony criminal background. If you start looking at the disposition in the case, in every case you need to look at the facts and circumstances of the case, and the defendant’s background.”

Magats noted that while there was no court-ordered community service, Smollett had been active in the community even after he was charged. Sealing records as part of deferred prosecution is common, Magats said.

Smollett on March 14 pleaded not guilty to 16 charges of disorderly conduct related to a staged hate-crime attack against himself in Streeterville.

Johnson castigated the actor during a press conference the day the charges were announced and bemoaned the many man-hours investigators spent unraveling Smollett’s account of being attacked by two men as he walked home from a sandwich shop in the early-morning hours of Jan. 29. Smollett claimed the men taunted him with racial and homophobic slurs, and tearfully defended himself in a Good Morning America interview.

Outside the courthouse, Smollett was surrounded by TV cameras and reporters as he waited for a black Cadillac SUV to pull up and take him away.

He ignored shouted questions from reporters, posed for a selfie with a fan and did not appear to react when one woman shouted:

“How do you feel, Jussie? You feel good? You look good.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2019 06:17PM by Jennifer.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Liberal Privilege/Black Privilege - Jussie Smollett
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 26, 2019 11:18PM

Looks looks a bad day for klan and other racist sorry jennifer

Jussie Smollett Criminal Charges Dropped After Chicago Attack

Oh now we can cackle Deep State but but but he knew Mrs Obama.

The Homophobi and racism from Jennifer was clear from the get go!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2019 11:30PM by riverhousebill.

Re: Liberal Privilege/Black Privilege - Jussie Smollett
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: March 26, 2019 11:58PM

But But But Mrs Obama is Smolletts friend, - Good one my dear.

You missed this smear keep your boots on kids! Propaganda machine full tilt.

Jussie Smollett's Sisters Worked for Barack Obama -

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables