Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Christians straining to hold on to their guns
Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: June 10, 2019 10:12AM

I understand why many are bailing from the Christian faith and becoming New Age or whatever you call its,
Some New age folks bailed from christian faith because they knew deep down it was hypocritical to pack and preach. They wanted to keep their fire arms, With NEW AGE front you can pack anything goes with New age claim,You can be all over the place and not be be busted for Hypocrisys.

Some New Age folks support trumps cruel In humane wall easy with New- New Age title, AR-15s Glocks all cool.
Children dying in cages on border. Any thing Goes right My Dear?

Quote jennifer- Just can't understand all the Christian-bashing?

My Dear a clue for you. The Hypocrisy of Gun packing Christians disgusting!

No, Christian, Jesus Didn’t Say You Can Have Your Guns
FEBRUARY 21, 2018 / JOHN PAVLOVITZ

In the wake of the shameful growing legacy of mass shootings in America, one of the saddest realizations, is that the loudest, most vehement voices championing the cause of weapons of brutality—have come from professed Evangelical Christians.

The cognitive dissonance of supposed followers of Jesus choosing the side of violence and opposing the movement of mercy is staggering, exceeded only by the contention that Jesus says they can pack heat.

It’s nonsense and heresy and it’s a full bastardization of his life and ministry.

There simply aren’t any theological gymnastics wild enough to make it work.

Not with the Jesus who preached that those following in his footsteps would turn the other cheek to violence.

Not with the Jesus who spoke of the blessed nature of the peacemakers.

Not with the Jesus whose benevolence and lack of force were ever-present.

Gun-loving Jesus followers love to point to a passage in the Gospel biography written by Luke, where Jesus speaks about his impending unlawful arrest by Roman soldiers and instructs them to “bring a sword.”

This, they claim is their God-given gun license.

The problem is, they stop reading at this point, close the book—and run to their gun shows and NRA rallies.

They fail to stick with the same story for a couple of paragraphs; when the Romans arrive, and one of Jesus’ students named Peter, takes out one of said swords, and cuts off a soldier’s ear. Jesus verbally tears into Peter, heals the solider’s ear, and tells those with him that this will not be their way.

He then allows himself to be taken into custody, beaten, and ultimately murdered by his captors.

This is the full story, and it is bad news for those wanting to be cowboys.

This narrative isn’t helpful for the gun-toting followers of Jesus.
This narrative doesn’t give them a God who consents to their weapon-lust.
This narrative doesn’t let them have Jesus and NRA membership at the same time.
This narrative actually tells them to drop their weapons and to beat them into plowshares, and to be those who live differently than the fear-bringers.

Christians straining to hold on to their guns, talk about the story of Jesus fashioning a whip to drive money lenders out of the temple, as some half-baked gun blessing—which again is such a perversion of the story that it would be laughable if it weren’t resulting in so many dead school students two thousand years later.

Jesus chases the corrupt people out of the temple because they are profiting from the manipulation of religion. Jesus is driving out the modern-day NRA lobbyists, corrupt politicians, and religious hypocrites. He is running the vipers off and they are the vipers. (And by the way, he doesn’t kill or strike any of them in the process.)

This is why people outside Christianity think that followers of Jesus picking up the cause of tools of mass murder and rapid carnage is a blasphemous disconnect—because it is.
They’re seeing it all perfectly clearly.
They can see people trying desperately to make God in their own fearful, insecure, bullying image, and they reject it all.
They know enough about Jesus to know that his finger would never be on a trigger—and there’s simply no way to get around that.

In a last-gasp attempt to hold Jesus at gunpoint, these folks love to quote him talking in Matthew’s Gospel about his mission, “not to bring peace, but a sword.”

Again, they desperately want those words, but not their context or their intention. Jesus is speaking about the way his teachings will cause turbulence between people; the way interpersonal conflict will arrive when they endeavor to do his work of love, compassion, and justice: that it will drive a wedge, it will cause a rift—it will bring a sword. He isn’t saying he wants us to lay waste to our family members. He isn’t saying he came to bring people to hand-to-hand combat. (Yes, gun advocate Christians actually try to go here, to this ridiculous place.)

Those professing to take such words literally, may also be prepared to gouge their eyes out for looking at a woman lustfully—though I imagine this would leave a vast army of blind faithful folks in churches this coming Sunday.

No Christian, Jesus wants no part of your gun lust. He wants nothing to do with your seething nationalism and your 2nd Amendment shield and your tough guy bravado behind a trigger.

He told you to love your enemies.
He told you to turn your cheek.
He told you not to resist an evil person.
He told you to be foot washers and wound binders and compassion givers.
He told you to care for the least and to feed the poor and to welcome the refugee.
That is what he said clearly.

You can love your guns.
You can open carry in department stores.
You can champion the cause of assault weapons.
You can cover your bumper in tough guy propaganda.
You can oppose any sensible gun regulations.
You can glory in your amassed arsenal.
You can do nothing while thousands of people die every year in America.

Just don’t try and pretend Jesus is okay with it.

He isn’t.

He weeps at it all.

And so do those of us who realize it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christians straining to hold on to their guns
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: June 10, 2019 08:36PM

As I've posted elsewhere under Gun Facts or something, most all Gun Crime/Homicides are concentrated in a very small section of the US. And, the Inconvenient Fact is that those areas are Gun Crime by CRIMINALS. In other words, Criminals commit Gun Crimes, AND THEIR GUNS ARE NOT LEGAL GUNS. The CRIMINALS' GUNS ARE ILLEGAL GUNS.

Now the Law-Abiding Gun Owners are not committing most of the Killings. The Law-?Abiding Gun Owners are PROTECTING THEMSELVES AND THEIR FAMILIES AGAINST THE CRIMINALS WITH THE ILLEGAL GUNS WHO ARE DOING ALL THE GUN CRIME.

So you can talk all you want to about Jesus and Christians with Guns, but you can be damn sure those CRIMINALS WHO COMMIT MOST OF THE GUN CRIMES ARE NOT Church-Going Christians.

The Criminals who are Committing most of the Gun Crime are INNER-CITY CRIMINALS, GANGS, and ILLEGAL ALIEN CRIMINALS.

You Libs refuse to acknowledge The Facts/The Truth About Gun Crime.

Date: June 10, 2019 09:21PM

Here is but one of many articles online which states The Facts on WHO IS COMMITTING the Crime of Homicide/Murder with Guns.

And there's no way it's Good Christians of Faith.

If more Christians had guns, maybe there wouldn't be so much Killing of Christians, Genocide of Christians in all the World by you Christian-Hating Libs!

Most homicides in U.S. occurred in 5 percent of counties, says study

[www.washingtontimes.com]

The homicide rate may be rising in some U.S. cities, but slayings are still a localized phenomenon, with most U.S. counties not seeing a single homicide in 2014.

The vast majority of homicides occurred in just 5 percent of counties, and even there the murders were localized, with some neighborhoods untouched by the violence, according to a new report released Tuesday by the Crime Prevention Research Center.

“I just think most people have a real misunderstanding about how heavily concentrated murders are,” said John R. Lott Jr., the author of the study. “You have over half the murders in the United States taking place in 2 percent of the counties.”

President Trump vowed in his inaugural address to end “American carnage” in the nation, especially in crime-ridden inner cities, and the report offers more data points that depict a distinct urban-rural divide in the U.S.

About 70 percent of the counties, accounting for 20 percent of the U.S. population, had no more than one murder in 2014, with 54 percent of counties experiencing zero murders, the report found.

Meanwhile, 5 percent of the counties, which made up nearly half the population, accounted for more than two-thirds of murders in the country, with the highest numbers concentrated in areas around major cities like Chicago and Baltimore.

Those results shouldn’t be entirely surprising, as other factors like poverty and human activity are also concentrated, said David Weisburd, director of the Center for Evidence-Based Crime Policy at George Mason University.

“All of these issues are factors behind why one place has more of something than the other,” Mr. Weisburd said.

But even within cities, the divide was stark in certain regions. Los Angeles County saw a high number of homicides in 2014, but there were “virtually no murders” in the northwestern part of the county, the study found.

It also found that in Washington, D.C., whose 105 murders put it in the top 20, the vast majority occurred in the eastern part of the city and that the area around the U.S. Capitol was “extremely safe.”

Mr. Weisburd said that in his studies of larger cities, about 1 percent of the streets produce 25 percent of the crime and about 5 percent of the streets produce 50 percent of the crime.

“It’s almost exactly the same concentration in New York, Tel Aviv, Cincinnati, Sacramento,” he said.

One difference in the county-by-county numbers was that gun ownership was heaviest in rural and suburban areas where there were few murders, Mr. Lott said.

“The places where we see the murders tend to be those area, the urban areas, and even tiny areas within those areas, where legal gun ownership is itself relatively rare,” he said.

Other recent studies have shown that the U.S. murder rate is being driven to a large degree by the prevalence of such incidents in a relatively small number of cities that have seen a recent spike. Baltimore, Chicago and Houston accounted for about half of the increases in homicides in major cities between 2014 and 2016, according to a recent report from the Brennan Center for Justice.

The report also found that murders spiked in Baltimore and Washington, D.C., in 2015 before declining in 2016.

“There are some local spikes that are concerning, but the numbers simply don’t back any claims of a national crime wave,” said Ames Grawert, a counsel in the Brennan Center’s Justice Program and an author of the recent analysis.

So you can spout your Lib Rhetoric/Lib Narrative/Lib Lies all you want, but Facts are Facts -

That Gun Crime is concentrated in the Inner Cities by CRIMINALS with Illegal Guns, and Gangs, and Illegal Alien Criminals - not by Law-Abiding Good Christians.

So enough with the Christian Bashing!

Date: June 10, 2019 09:35PM

"One of the most interesting findings in the report is that areas with the highest gun ownership rates have low murder rates."

US Murders Concentrated in 5 Percent of Counties

[www.foxnews.com]

The majority of murders in the U.S. occur in only a small percentage of counties across the country.

The Crime Prevention Research Center (CPRC) said in a new report that there is a “geographical concentration” of murders, with 68 percent of killings occurring in just 5 percent of the nation’s counties. The homicides also tend to be concentrated to relatively small pockets of those counties, the report said.

“While many factors explain these concentrated murders, it is also striking that the counties with zero murders are the counties with by far the highest gun ownership rates,” Lott said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/10/2019 09:40PM by Jennifer.

Date: June 11, 2019 12:08AM

You have said Im christian NRA and Own a gun

No, Christian, Jesus Didn’t Say You Can Have Your Guns

Stop your Hypocrisy

Date: June 11, 2019 12:11AM

You can do nothing while thousands of people die every year in America.

Just don’t try and pretend Jesus is okay with it.

Date: June 12, 2019 07:31PM

So YOU MEN are committing almost All the Gun Violence in America, and almost All The Violence In All The World!

Males, Men - Riverhousebill is a MAN. MEN are responsible for All The Violence in All the World!

So Riverhousebill - a Man, A TOXIC MALE - is RESPONSIBLE for all the Violence in All The World Since Time Immemorial!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 07:33PM by Jennifer.

Date: June 12, 2019 07:54PM

Oopsie, Riverhousebill is inherently involved in Gun Violence! And Violent Crime!

"Gender and age are arguably the two best predictors of crime. In 2014, males accounted for 73 percent of all arrestees in the U.S. and 80 percent of those arrested for violent crimes. Prison population statistics tells a similar story. Males accounted for 93 percent of the U.S. prisoners in 2014."

I say get rid of all MALES to get rid of Gun Violence!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2019 08:01PM by Jennifer.

Date: June 12, 2019 08:17PM

And if I remember right, didn't Riverhousebill say he is a Vietnam Veteran.

Riverhousebill, is that correct that you said you are a Vietnam Veteran?

If so, then Riverhousebill is implicitly involved in Gun Violence and Violent Crime!

I don't think Riverhousebill belongs on this board given his complicity in Gun Violence and Violent Crime...

And I presume Riverhousebill is not Vegan, because Vegans are peace-loving peoples. Most Men and War Guys are MEATEATERS!

Oh, my!

Date: June 12, 2019 09:06PM

riverhousebill

I think this threads title is a good example of the Racism Muslim Americans face daily, Unfounded BS!

get her off raw foods now the racism sucks.

I think this threads title is a good example of the Persecution of Christians that Christian Americans face daily by Riverhousebill and The Libs, Unfounded BS!

get him off raw foods now the Christian Bashing sucks.

Date: June 13, 2019 12:18AM

So YOU MEN are committing almost All the Gun Violence in America, and almost All The Violence In All The World!

Males, Men - Riverhousebill is a MAN. MEN are responsible for All The Violence in All the World!

jennifer maybe some tea and bed rest?

Date: June 13, 2019 12:59AM

quote jennifer
I say get rid of all MALES to get rid of Gun Violence!

Jennifer very intelligent comment my dear.

Bed rest and tea my dear your losing it.

Did you know its a federal crime to threaten destruction of federal monuments?
ps has the Federal Bureau of Investigation contacted you about

your threat anything with MLK's name on it (Must be torn down?)

do you have an attorney? besides now on kook watch list you could be charged.
Linguistics- my dear you have crossed a line with threat.

Date: June 13, 2019 02:27AM

Riverhousebill, is that correct that you said you are a Vietnam Veteran?

If so, then Riverhousebill is implicitly involved in Gun Violence and Violent Crime!

When on mop up Hue Vietnam 1969 we had orders burn the Huts,
After setting fire Old lady tried to run back into her house,
I grabed her and held her and I cried with her, that was my last day of obeying orders. I relive this often I told command can not do this anymore if orderd I may shoot officers, ten minutes later my 16 taken from me and that point on no longer allowed to have arms.
Even after what Viets said they dont blame American soldier they said we where used just like them by our Govt. I know now I should have listened to higher command and will live with that for the rest of my life.
Yup Im guilty. but trump says he will forgive all war criminals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2019 02:29AM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 13, 2019 09:01AM

RHB:
I know now I should have listened to higher command and will live with that for the rest of my life.

Tai
RHB, what does this mean--higher command? What are you guilty of? How are you a war criminal?

Date: June 13, 2019 10:21AM

Tai
RHB:
I know now I should have listened to higher command and will live with that for the rest of my life.

Tai
RHB, what does this mean--higher command? What are you guilty of? How are you a war criminal?

I was given order to burn village, I just knew at this point in Time Viet war these people were inocent and our govt was Deadly wrong, I obeid, mostly because of fear, if I did not It would have been legal for me to be shot, unlikly but maybe.
Higher Command Tai, you may have heard me before sort of say atheist but deep down not true for me, still confused some on that note more prone to think Higher command, Yes I know like what the Viets say is true We Soldiers where used like they were, but same time I knew my actions were deadly wrong, so yeh
I have a criminal past 1969 50 years ago. since then my life mission swords to plow shears, try and slow the violence. speak for the oppresed. that post by Jennifer - Ilhan Omar Criminal - Guilty of Campaign Finance Violations, Committing Bigamy, Marriage Fraud, Immigration Fraud and Perjury an example one of to many _ Unfounded horseshit - hate crimes are up 64 percent compared with this time a year ago,
Reason - threads with No Base of truth jennifer thread Omar ect.these lies feed the nuts and why 64% jump this year atacks on Muslim Americans. I am happy i did tell the lifers US Army
No more or I turn my weapon, My last months in army arms where off limit for me.
I recieved an Honorable discharge and have been rated PTSD 100% disabled with major depresion.
Im doing good today but I have bagage I and only I packed and will live with it
till then. meanwhile Fug the klan muslim haters, MLK, Haters, Imigrant hatred
Jew bashing, native American bashing, Obama bashing cant stand kluckers!
Lies about AOC ect jennifer even quoted RT Russia Today with AOC smears pro gun NRA. Enough of this BS baseless lies, it killing people!
jennifer stop eating the Humans with you baseless lies!

Date: June 13, 2019 10:25PM

riverhousebill

Did you know its a federal crime to threaten destruction of federal monuments?
ps has the Federal Bureau of Investigation contacted you about

your threat anything with MLK's name on it (Must be torn down?)

do you have an attorney? besides now on kook watch list you could be charged.

Dream on! I haven't threatened anything or anybody, unlike yourself who just issued a Direct Threat to me! (See Quote Above)

But good to know it's a Federal Crime to threaten the destruction of Federal Monuments because that must mean that all the Rabid/Hateful/Bully/Thug Libs who have Attacked, Defaced, Destroyed all the Statues and Monuments are in Jail right now, am I right?

See here -

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Date: June 14, 2019 01:35AM

Many king Monuments have been vandalized in very recent times .

quote jennifers demand- anything with MLK's name on it (Must be torn down)

We will let the FBI decide on that note,
I felt it my civic duty to report.

You at very least you are now on a kook watchlist my dear

And yes after report Ive had a response asking for more info.
My advice now consult an attorney

Vile Ku Klux Klan hatred!

Posted by: Tai ()
Date: June 14, 2019 04:59PM

RHB
I was given order to burn village, I just knew at this point in Time Viet war these people were inocent and our govt was Deadly wrong, I obeid, mostly because of fear, if I did not It would have been legal for me to be shot, unlikly but maybe.
Higher Command Tai, you may have heard me before sort of say atheist but deep down not true for me, still confused some on that note more prone to think Higher command, Yes I know like what the Viets say is true We Soldiers where used like they were, but same time I knew my actions were deadly wrong, so yeh

Tai
Wow, heavy, RHB. Even though your own conscience told you it was wrong, the US government was in charge of the decision making and ensuing blood bath. The blood is not on your hands.
Thank you so much for sharing.

Regarding Jennifer, I only saw one of her posts and she was outraged over the sex scandals of MLK Jr as a baptist preacher. it seems ironic to go to the FBI when the FBI released this info.
[www.newsweek.com]
I don't have time to read all the posts you and Jennifer have written on this topic. I just read one.
I think the take away message from conservatives supporting Trump is that patriotic americans will respect Trump regardless of his sex violations because they respect the conservative position that Trump is now holding; they are not respecting his sexual perversions and sex crimes.
It sounds like you are trying to apply this same respect people have for Trump despite his sexual deviance to Martin Luther King Jr. despite his sexual deviance.
It sounds like you are trying to foster respect and kindness among people.

yet I will tell you as a woman, I don't mind seeing Jennifer vent on this topic about MLK's orgies. I don't mind her expressing seething outrage if this is the first time she heard it. To be honest, I have not stopped my seething disgust of Donald Trump, even though I have been taught to show support for Donald Trump because I wouldn't want Hillary.

And I do hear your pain and anguish and I would probably be far worse than you in terms of feeling an internal conflict about war, so my heart goes out to you.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables