Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How to fix notifications feature?? -- just how actively is this site being maintained, anyone know?
Posted by: Diana (Cda) ()
Date: July 17, 2020 07:58AM

One of the things I realized a few minutes ago as that "out of sight, out of mind" ... so I came to the website and tried to find a way to get at least a digest of the messages being posted. I've maintained connections better when I've received notifications of posted messages (I am not a Facebooker and hope to never be, and really prefer forums).

But when I went to sign up for the notifications (here: [www.living-foods.com]) and chose to be notified of new content on the message boards, I get a 404 page! (What??!!)

Does anyone know who to contact to fix this? This whole website is still alive, so I'm assuming someone is still paying for and, hopefully, doing minimal maintenance. Just wondering how to request this be fixed ...

Thanks for any help!

Diana. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2020 07:58AM by Diana (Cda).

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How to fix notifications feature?? -- just how actively is this site being maintained, anyone know?
Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: July 17, 2020 02:03PM

Hi Diana,

I don't know if the Notification feature works or not. I think I checked it out a while ago, and got nothing.

Prana is the moderator and he takes care of this message board, so if you send a Private Message to him, he should be able to help you. Just click on "Private Messages" at the top here. Then "Send a Private Message". Then for "Recipient", click on "Prana".

Re: How to fix notifications feature?? -- just how actively is this site being maintained, anyone know?
Date: July 21, 2020 05:49PM

Jennifer, thank you so much for your help re this!

I finally had a moment and came back and just sent a PM to Prana. Hopefully a fix can be applied.

During Covid, it's been a heck of a lot easier to keep up with things but when life gets back to normal (which it will!!), getting a digest of posted messages will prevent losing touch again.

Cheers!

Di. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2020 05:49PM by Diana (Cda).

Posted by: Jennifer ()
Date: July 21, 2020 08:54PM

Hope it's the old normal and not the 'new normal' ...

Date: August 04, 2020 08:41PM

[Nope, we're raw foodists and know how things really work, health-wise! It will be a normal for us, though who knows for the rest of the world; they may be facing a new normal, for sure!! <g>]

I missed Prana's PM reply sent the same day. I just sent a message to the webmaster as it's partly fixed. When you choose the "Notify Me", it does take you to a page now to enter your email into and choose what to be notified of, but when pressing that button leads one to another error message.

So we're nearly there!

I'll keep checking back and will advise ...

Cheers!

Diana. grinning smiley

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/04/2020 09:00PM by Diana (Cda).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables