Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!
 

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 09, 2007 10:35AM

Yesterday I went to a ... let's just call this person a "metaphysical healer" for lack of a better word

anyhow, i don't want to say EXACTLY what happened because it was so disturbing that it really rattled me to the core

anyhow, i usually never go to any of this kind of stuff
don't know why
just don't

but anyways, i did this time
cuz i had to have something healed

anyhow, the person just FREAKED me out !
and started projecting all sorts of issues onto me
issues that were NOT my own

EVERYTHING that was said was

waaaaaay off
and insulting

i was soooooo shocked
i NEVER had this onslaught of negativity directed at me

especially from a person that i never even met previously who claimed to know
EXACTLY what my issues were and EXACTLY what my short comings were

i came there for healing
and instead i get this

well , anyhow
i left feeling rather shooken and shocked

i don't want to make 'blanket" judgements
about these people

but i could already feel a dark cloud taking over me
and making me say such words as ALL these people are such and such

and ALL these people have MAJOR issues
and WHY are they even in this profession to begin with?

and WHAT are THEIR problems?

anyhow, i've never been this shaken up before
because, like i said, i usually don't go to these things

the most "fixing" i get done
is getting my bike fixed, or getting a tire fixed or replaced
or getting my blender fixed or replaced

stuff like that
usually not me though
because my health is pretty good

but anyhow, i had a certain thing i had to deal with so i thought
why not? go ahead

and i regret i did

i was AMAZED! by the assumptions that were made
i could NOT believe how unsafe i felt in that home

any how
i hate making generalizations

i know everyone is different and have had different results
and i know there are some 'healers' that exist that are quite talented

i just felt ... oh i don't even know what to say

i would like to know if anyone has had "good " experiences from healers
just to change my perspective

or just to get some insight as to what might have taken place

sorry, i'm being kind of vague
i don't feel like saying exactly what was said etc because i just felt so disturbed by it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: Jose ()
Date: April 09, 2007 12:02PM

Hey veronique, I've never had that kind of experience before but just wanted to say that hope things are better now smiling smiley
Cheers,
Jx


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: khale ()
Date: April 09, 2007 12:45PM

my sympathies LV

there MUST be some good metaphysical healers out there; I've never encountered one.

there is an old tradition that states that any bona fide healer or teacher NEVER advertises and NEVER charges money. They may accept donations (and usually do) but they don't set a price for their services. It's not hard to see the logic in this. Anyone can set themselves up as a metaphysical healer or teacher or shaman or whathaveyou and way too many of these are motivated by nothing more than the almighty dollar. Down here in Louisiana charlatans make huge money selling candles and spells to defeat enemies, promote wealth, and to trap a lover. As the saying goes, "A fool and his money are easily parted" and there are plenty of "metaphysicians" more than willing to take advantage of that truism.

not to imply that you are a fool LV; I am, afterall, speaking from experience.

sometimes our wounds serve purposes that we can not fully see; sometimes wholeness comes from embracing our wounds rather than ridding ourselves of them.

...and even chance encounters can heal us; sometimes a word, a glance, a line in a book can start a healing process. sometimes, just seeking a healing, whether the sought was healing or not, can start a healing process.

My advice? Fill a warm bath with sea salt and wash away any negativity that may be sticking to your aura. These people (self-proclaimed metaphysical healers) can be energetic vampires who make tons of money keeping people confused, frightened, and dependent on their "services".

Remember LV....you've already got everything you need.


khale

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 09, 2007 02:56PM

Good advise Khale.

I am sorry that happened to you La V. I would imagine you would try to open yourself up a little for healing and be kind of vulnerable when you go somewhere like that. Shame on this person. Put them out of your head and take Khale's advise. Put the ones who love you, here and everywhere, like a ring of protection around you. You have safe places.

With love,
Kise'

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 09, 2007 07:09PM

La_V that experience sounds so disturbing even without the details .. there are so many people that do these things too

when i was taking my massage therapy course I had a few teachers that told us so many times over and over that it was so important for us to go into a treatment with someone with love and good intention. For instance if I got into a argument iwth someone then went in to treat someone while i was still angry i would project that anger onto the client even if it was unintentional and not only would i not help that person but could possibly even make them feel worse!

and then there are these people out there tagged as psychic vampires ...or energy suckers ... look that up on internet ..these people make a point of trying to load you down and take all your positive energy for their own use.

I used to have these neighbors who used to come over all the time and just burden me with all their troubles and borrow things all the time and allthough im being vague i literally felt drained whenever these two came around allthough i genuinely liked them. They came from another part of the country and one day they were lamenting how nooooooooooothing ever went there way here an i just up and bought them one way tickets home. After that my life seemed just that much more peaceful and i never heard from them again, wasnt repayed for the tickets and didnt really care because i didnt expect to see them ever again lol

its weird the out there

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: Joe Gray ()
Date: April 09, 2007 08:32PM

It sucks to put yourself in someone else's hands and be abused by them.

I wouldn't mess with any "metaphysical" quacks myself. I prefer tangible results I can feel, I have a chiropracter back East who is amazing. She makes me feel way better when I'm done and is a nice person too. I'm had positive results with acupuncture also.

Good when you recognize someone else's issues as theirs.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 09, 2007 10:47PM

LaV, could you say what kind of *healer* it was.

Most practitioners who call themselves *healers* think the sun shines out of their patooty. How arrogant, how nauseating......

But there are some really great people who do therapies like cranio-sacral.

I dont trust therapies where the patient is the passive receiver, and the therapist is supposed to have some special power.

I remember calling around for a cst practitioner and one of them was so strange and vicious to me on the phone that it was almost comical. Most of them, tho, have worked through enough of their garbage that they dont immediately dump it on you.
After seeing if I could find someone *better* I went back to my old one. There was nothing wrong with her, she just didnt want me having appointments too close together and I wanted them more frequently. She never dumps on me, is never arrogant or precious, is very honest about her own limitations and never hesitates to encourage me to see someone else if she or I think it will work better for me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: April 10, 2007 12:37AM

Hope things are better now, as well grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: April 10, 2007 12:54AM

i hope u are alright.that is so weird. i am sorry this happened to u. i have had to go to counseling to help my teens horrid kids and EVERYTHING WAS MOMS FAULT WHILE THE HUBBY MAN GETS TO SIT THERE AN BE OK JUST CAUSE HE SIMPLY DOES NOT OFFER ANYTHING TO PUT HIMSELF ON THE SPOT.anytime u go to couseling-it is always the moms fault.i think the counselors are all nuts cause they think of the weirdest stuff to project on u...things u have never even dreamed of.so how could u be guilty if u never even thought of it?so sick.i have learned to ask what kind of therapy do they lean toward.some yell and demean u...some never hardly talk and just listen and u wonder why the heck u even went.snicker.so now i do self validation. of course-that is different than what u went thru. i am so sorry.the good thing is-u have good brains to know that some of the stuff was not your stuff but there projections onto u.and u have a good mind to question them and u also have us all and we care and it does sound weird.so take heart and blow it all off. hugs and best wishes to u.taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 10, 2007 02:24AM

Honey, don't despair-- you just got 'new age blamed,' big time. I'm sorry they did that to you. I have been in the same situation before on a few occasions, and it's bewildering, confrontational and scary. I remember in particular a 'healer' who (having never met us before) came up to my partner, who's blind, and told him that the reason he was blind was because he didn't love his mother, and if he would just learn to love his mother he'd be able to see. (Beaming at us benevolently all the while as he pontificated.) Well, Jonathan has retinitis pigmentosa (a congenital disease) and he loves his mother dearly-- he cherishes both of his parents-- so I just looked the guy right in the eye and said "Uh-uh, we're not goin' there. I'm not about to blame the victim. Thank you." Gotta give them tough love sometimes.

New age blame is alive and well in America, and it's insidiously working its way into the culture and consciousness (It's unconscious and inadvertent, for the most part, because people usually don't really recognize what it is they're buying into).

One of my main influences, Joel Goldsmith, a spiritual teacher/healer who healed hundreds of thousands of people by distant healing, taught that we should never judge another person or assign blame them for their sufferings, because our errors are, in his words, 'impersonal' -- that is, we are conditioned, each and every one of us, and these misperceptions and mistaken actions arise out of our conditioning.

I believe that a true healer has a divine state of consciousness that lifts others up and brings them to wholeness and harmony-- the 'realm of true being' or 'heaven within'-- without the need to poke a finger in their face and shame them for their human fralties.

May we all be loving with each other, and may compassion and lovingkindness become the new paradigm that brings healing to the masses and peace to the planet.

I keep wanting to write a book about this topic-- it is SO important to me. I've been collecting articles and excerpts, people's stories (and my own-- I have quite a few), and envision a book that would explain how true healing and spirituality reach a depth that looks completely beyond the outer picture (of screwed up humanhood) to the pure Being within and helps it to reveal itself.

Sharrhan:


[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 10, 2007 02:30AM

Khale,
I love your advice-- beautiful. Thank you. I resonate completely with everything you're saying. I'm sitting here listening to some really angelic music-- bell sounds-- while responding to this thread, and the music is so full of love and tenderness, and this is what healing is supposed to be about.

Sharrhan:


[www.facebook.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 10, 2007 01:06PM

thanks all
i really appreciate all your insights
i am better now
i was pretty determined to not have it prejudice me
even though when i walked out of that "office"
it was another story

i actually do believe that there are people that are genuine
and have abilities to heal others ( i have no doubt, actually because i have been privy to energetic healing in the past and it was incredible and saved me a TON of heartache in surgery etc. which i was able to avoid)

which is why i went
because of the memory of those very rare times when it did occur
and yes, it was without cost
though i do feel they deserve to be paid if they actually do something that will
save you from having to go under the knife, etc.
i respect people who are devoted to sincerely working with others to allow them to heal themselves ( i think its also called "channeling"winking smiley

at any rate,
i did learn a lot from it

1) that maybe its not bad that that happened. it made me more sensitive to how
words can hurt and they can hurt deeply without the person even realizing it
so it made me be extra careful to watch my words

like that guy thick nat hanh? ( spell?) said
that before you say something , one should ask themselves three questions
a) is it true?
b) is it kind?
c) is it necessary?

i remember hearing that and being prompted by it a number of times
sometimes something may be true but it is not kind
and i also think that if something is not kind , it is not necessary
i don't mean that "kindness" means avoiding confronting someone especially if their behaviour is unacceptable

i think it means that if i find something that is harming me
that i tell that person
but also try to find their point of view as well
or tell that person in a way that is direct, honest but does not attack
that is kind
and that is also very difficult to do
but its a good goal to shoot for

and then i think, is it "necessary"?
i mean, if u see someone having a hard time and instead of saying
"hey, what's going on?"
you just be "honest" and say " you look like you are in the pits. i feel so sorry for you." the 2nd statement could be "true" but it is not kind nor is it necessary. it doesn't help the other person to know that they are being pitied which is very condescending. and it doesn't help the person who said it either because that just lowers their energy as well

at any rate,
i feel better now
it was a good lesson in discernment

i'll probably still take my chances in the future
but i think i will be a LOT more wary now
and interview the person extensively over the phone

if they can't handle my "interview"
then it probably means that i won't want to work with them

khale

you are right
i do have everything that i need
and that is what healers do
sort of help to manuever that person's energy
like acupunturists and chiropractors who i feel , in general, do a pretty good job

i also apologize if i sounded negative
and was "lumping" all different healers as if they were all "voo doo"
because they aren't
a lot of them are very intelligent and have a clue as to how to treat people

anyways,
thanks jose for the kind thought ( sending you a polar bear to give u a joyletsmiling smiley
pakd4fun for reminding me that there are safe places
jgunn, that's funny about u buying them a one way ticket ( h Ha ha! THAT'S a new onesmiling smiley
tommy, thanks..things ARE better now
annie, glad u found a better practitioner , sounds like u really take the time to have one that is complimentary .. good on you !
joe grey : a good acupuncturist and/or chiropractor is truly a gem
taylor: sorry u had to go through that: i'm glad u got out of it since the counseor wasn't serving you and u decided to serve yourself with self validation
kwan, soo soooo true how detrimental it is to 'blame' the victim
i think that is also another "projection" as well
when i listen to what people say
i listen really closely to discern which are projections and which are not
i am always so happily surprised when people are able to be so gracious enough as to step into my own shoes and really try and understand instead of projecting their own stuff. i find it to be rare and priceless

because it does take patience and insight
i remember the few times when i needed some "advice" and the advice was not a projection and it really helped me, i felt so stunned and was almost in reverence

thanks all for giving me such advice
it really helped me
and i feel like i'm out of that dark whirlwind slump
that i was in yesterday

i truly treasure your kindness

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 10, 2007 06:02PM

>
> I used to have these neighbors who used to come
> over all the time and just burden me with all
> their troubles and borrow things all the time and
> allthough im being vague i literally felt drained
> whenever these two came around allthough i
> genuinely liked them. They came from another part
> of the country and one day they were lamenting how
> nooooooooooothing ever went there way here an i
> just up and bought them one way tickets home.
> After that my life seemed just that much more
> peaceful and i never heard from them again, wasnt
> repayed for the tickets and didnt really care
> because i didnt expect to see them ever again lol
>


I just read up till you bought the tickets,then had a really good laugh.



Sorry for your hard time, but it makes a really good story now!


Kinda weird though....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: annie27 ()
Date: April 10, 2007 09:47PM

taylor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> i hope u are alright.that is so weird. i am sorry
> this happened to u. i have had to go to counseling
> to help my teens horrid kids and EVERYTHING WAS
> MOMS FAULT WHILE THE HUBBY MAN GETS TO SIT THERE
> AN BE OK JUST CAUSE HE SIMPLY DOES NOT OFFER
> ANYTHING TO PUT HIMSELF ON THE SPOT.anytime u go
> to couseling-it is always the moms fault.i think
> the counselors are all nuts cause they think of
> the weirdest stuff to project on u...things u have
> never even dreamed of.so how could u be guilty if
> u never even thought of it?so sick.i have learned
> to ask what kind of therapy do they lean
> toward.some yell and demean u...some never hardly
> talk and just listen and u wonder why the heck u
> even went.snicker.so now i do self validation. of
> course-that is different than what u went thru. i
> am so sorry.the good thing is-u have good brains
> to know that some of the stuff was not your stuff
> but there projections onto u.and u have a good
> mind to question them and u also have us all and
> we care and it does sound weird.so take heart and
> blow it all off. hugs and best wishes to u.taylor





NO KIDDING! But I believe thats because its Freudian-based and its part of the regular medical system.


Jungian is so much more logical, by comparison, and I was told by a Jungian lecturer that they all have to pass through some long, rigorous therapy themselves before they can become therapists - this to avoid projecting all the ridiculous stuff onto their patients.


Taylor, you sound like a true gem and your family is very lucky to have you.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: Jose ()
Date: April 10, 2007 10:07PM

Glad that you are feeling better veronique, and thank you for your reflections, I always find them very insightful smiling smiley

In fact, I generally find everyone here very sensitive and kind, it's a pleasure, thank you all too smiling smiley

Lots of love,
Jx


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2007 07:03AM

josaaay!

i'm sending your little running cub a joylet too!
and some dandelion celery juice energies as well
me feels much better now!

onto brighter things!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: taylor ()
Date: April 12, 2007 12:21PM

my dear friend had some person tell her when she first met her that her aura was black.it upset her so.so insentitive. i say keep that kind of stuff to yourself.u know?this smae gal that told me friend that would always look at me with a clouded brow like she wanted to tell me the same.hee hee.so funny.i always wondered how she figured.my friend was /is the most helpful loving person.so so odd.u know.well i am so glad u are feeling better too. those drops of joylets are needed in this old world. hugs taylor

[img10.mytextgraphics.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 12, 2007 01:20PM

If someone told me my aura was black I would think they were trying to boost themselves up by trying to make others feel small. Hopefully when and if we are presented with a person like this we are strong and can let their negativity bounce off us and sent straight back to be absorbed by them. Inevitably what is sent out comes back to the sender. The sooner this is done and the less affected the better.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: Jose ()
Date: April 12, 2007 01:28PM

Thank you veronique, very much appreciated smiling smiley

Cheers,
Jx


Options: ReplyQuote
Re: had a very bizarre experience
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 13, 2007 06:35AM

josay's aura is golden
and emanating brilliant light

just like the golden cubby bear
that keeps onward towards its destination

pakd4fun

yer coolsmiling smiley

taylor

the fortuneteller was just seeing a reflection of their own aura
being reflected back to them

everyone has dark and light

when it is dark
u see the stars

when it is light outside
u feel the warmth of the sun

why focus on just one without mentioning the other

plants need both dark periods and light periods

don't tell a plant that it just needs light or needs dark

it needs both


fortune teller was just pointing out one face of the harlequin
harlequins have many faces

but just one heart

Options: ReplyQuote


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.


Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables