Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Chlorine is gross.
Posted by: noelle ()
Date: April 10, 2007 08:09PM

I really want to start swimming but I'm hesitant to soak in chlorine for hours on end, every week.

There aren't any salt-water pools in my area. Do any of you swim and what is your opinion on swimming in chlorine?

Re: Chlorine is gross.
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 10, 2007 10:31PM

I have thought about the very same thing. I am interested, too, in what info. others have about this subject.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: April 11, 2007 03:04AM

I would be willing to tolerate the chlorine under most circumstances, but I have read about alternative and cleaner ways to clean ones pools and hot tubs... I can't remember how though, off the top of my head.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2007 07:05AM

nope

no chlorine for me
i like to keep my lungs, skin, eyes, clear and happy
chlorine will make those things sad and weepy

gnarly stuff that Cl-
always scrounging your cells to make it "complete"
its missing a screw ... er... an electron
unhappy beastly beast it tis!

grrrrrrrrRRRRRRRR!!!!!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 11, 2007 10:48AM

one summer while i was living in the city i wanted to swim everyday but couldnt afford the 5$ fee to go so i found a place private home iwth a pool and asked them if i kept their pool clean all summer if i could swim there.

I got relatively free swimming , and they got free pool cleaning. over the summer i stopped using the chlorine untill i was using very little because i was vacumming and scrubbing it while i was swimming around

it was a very unique little situation smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2007 11:00AM

lovely story jgunn smiling smiley grinning smiley tongue sticking out smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

brilliant!
yes, and uh very "Unique lil situation: indeeedy!

way to go there!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 11, 2007 03:20PM

*giggles* thanks La_V smiling smiley

othre then waiting for the season to turn , again not knowing where you are in the world or what your financial situation is

id stay out of chlorine as much as possible (and im a real fish i LOVE to swim id do it everyday if i could)

if yer rich and have your own home you can look into a swimspa which is really a big hottub with powerful jets you can swim against the current and regulate your own water chemistry

[www.h2xswimspa.com]

or wait till its warm and hit the lakes , beaches and rivers for free

OR if ya wanna go real extreme

wear a swim cap, goggles, and a wetsuit which will reduce your overall skin exposure to the chlorinated water (you may get some funny looks trying this one)

ya still gotta worry about breathing the fumes though...

but if yer worried about looking really goofy in the wetsuit gear ya can always use in lake or ocean .. i hear they do keep you quite warm regardless of the temperature

if you got one of these floating snorkle thingies... you could swim year round in ice free conditions ! =D

[www.seabreathe.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables