Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Girly stuffs *giggles and other girly sounds*
Posted by: noelle ()
Date: April 27, 2007 08:23PM

So, I know it's not super natural-seeming, but I'm thinking of going blond for the summer. I'm a brunette now. Do any of you dye your hair? What do you use?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Girly stuffs *giggles and other girly sounds*
Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: April 27, 2007 08:47PM

i used to have my hair half blonde and half black...(dyed it all black and it grew....so i kept it like that) .....right now its all blonde because it bleached itself..i want to redye it like it was (black.blonde) and if i do ill use all natural hair dye from the health store.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 27, 2007 08:52PM

Noelle,
I'm a dark brunette, and for about 7 years I was a platinum blonde-- and I loved it. I grew it really, really long, too. I bleached it myself. However, the texture of my hair left a lot to be desired (cotton candy, anyone?) and I was getting real sick of having to use a lot of hair products to make it look shiny and keep it manageable, so i went back to my natural color.

I say go for it!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 27, 2007 10:28PM

I started having my hair lady highlight my hair last year because I was tired of all the grey streaks. I hate doing it and think about letting it grow out but my husband LOVES it.

Date: April 27, 2007 11:23PM

Hey Pakd4fun--
What about using a rinse in a lighter color-- that way only the gray gets colored; it's subtle and doesn't damage your hair so much. Might be a nice compromise to make hubby happy.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: April 27, 2007 11:54PM

I do like the brunette too, and I often think brunettes tend to actually look a lot better brunette. But I could use a change and blond seems so right for the summer and the raw 'thang. I want it to stay natural looking-- erm...less like cotton candy than it could- so I can dye it back to brown later.

Though, I will say that your eyes must have been fabulous with blond hair, Kwan.

Date: April 28, 2007 12:52AM

Hmm.... A rinse? I don't know what that is but I will look into it. Thanks.

Date: April 28, 2007 03:41AM

A rinse is not permanent, and it is a lot easier on the hair. It lasts 4-6 weeks, I think. It's not such a hassle because you don't have to just touch up the roots; you can slather it all through your hair.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: April 29, 2007 12:22PM

hey there they sell those rinses at any beauty supply store!! they are wonderful..you can get them in many colors....

hey noelle..okay i think you should go for it..i am having the same debate with myself right now..i am naturally a dark blonde gal...but since i went to beauty school i hae been every color there is...even had pink for my high school graduation haah...last minute class thing lol....

and i am always changing colors and cuts...but latley for the past few months i have been dark dark brown which is now fading to a light brown/reddish color and i am SOOOo ready for lots of fun natural looking blonde......i know that most would say use the all natural veggie dye's but we learned in school how horrible they really are for your hair....they attach to the hair and damage the inside...they really aren't good for you...so that leaves either go for it and do it with the traditional things or take the change with the natural dyes (also going blond from darker won't be the best outcome with the veggie dyes) or don't do it at all haha...this is the only thing i do that has chemicals besides my perfume..i can't let these two things go smiling smiley...everything else i did but hair color is a way of expressing oneself and i have to have this artsy expression...

so i say go for it!! and in a few weeks we can compare pics haha...good luck hun and have fun with it!

love earthangel
xoxoxoxxoxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Date: April 29, 2007 03:18PM

Thanks for the girly advise.I am going to try a rinse.

Date: May 01, 2007 11:07PM

earthgirl, it's funny you mention perfume because i was just looking up ways to make my own. i will succeed!...(at some point) :-p

i keep going back and forth so i'm going to hold off until i find a hair stylist who i really trust. i have lots of hair and don't want it going wrong- i like my current guy's cuts, but i don't know what kind of dye-jobs he does. i'll have to ask him if he has before nad afters, i want it natural looking!

thanks for letting me know about the natural dyes and how they are really bad for your hair; i wouldn't have guessed that.

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: May 02, 2007 02:16AM

I go to Aveda salons because their products are less sickening to me. Would rather do it at home but have trouble finding the right colour and product, etc. to lighten my hair without going brassy.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 04, 2007 08:22AM

earthangel 'n company :

why are veggie dyes bad and how are they worse than regular dyes

what about those hemp dyes

are they alright?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables