Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

spirituality
Posted by: silverundertone ()
Date: May 02, 2007 05:13PM

do you think being raw helps increase your spiritual awareness?

how did you come to whatever understanding of higher power/deep thought stuff?

..just curious. ive noticed bits and pieces of faith/spirituality on this forum..and its an area in which i am very interested in other peoples opinions and beliefs.

personally..i believe that there is a higher power...be it what it may..i believe that there is an ultimate purpose for everyones existance...even if only to serve as a horrible warning of what not to be/do (quite possibly my purpose...haha)
i attend church on occasion, when im not working. but i dont believe that mainstream organized religion..with all the denominations and rules and things like that is the right way for me to experience and reach god.

id elaborate more but im still going on barely any sleep....(in the middle of moving...) but i would love to hear what others have to say....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: spirituality
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: May 03, 2007 03:09AM

Hi SU,
I definitely feel-- most of the time anyway-- that eating raw helps to increase spiritual awareness. It's not just a matter of purifying the body; it's also (as I was telling someone on a spiritual healing list today) that I feel like if I get into junk food and stimulant food or drink, I'm stepping my vibration down to the level of the sense realm and its cravings, and I'm less attuned to the Presence. It's a little hard to articulate, but you probably know exactly what I mean.

>how did you come to whatever understanding of higher power/deep thought stuff?<

I thought and thought about it, read tons of books about it, thought a lot more, started meditating, read and thought more, got into 'new thought' and trying to use thoughts as a power for awhile-- got confused because that didn't feel very good!-- and meditated more earnestly, and I think over the past 15 years I've come to a place where I realize it's not in our thoughts that we find the Presence or the Tao or whatever we experience it as. It's in the space between our thoughts-- in NO THOUGHT-- where we are silent and listen and let go. The mind is a medium through which Truth can reveal itself to us, but it's not a power. I spent years surfing the surface of reality with mainstream spiritual groups and various 'isms,' and now I'm trying to let myself experience something deeper. My husband has a surprising word for it: "the Supermundane"! Yes, enlightenment in the midst of the banality of everyday life, living from the depths of the Self. Not so much siddhis and fascinating stories and abilities, just experiencing the Onesness of all beings and phenoemana.

I am not religious, but I'm partial to some of the things Christ said, especially "Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added unto you." I love it because it flies in the face of all the current teachings that say people must use their thoughts to make magical things happen. ;-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Re: spirituality
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 04, 2007 07:03AM

"supermundane"

yeahh... the mundane can be extravagantly stunning

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables