Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Vegan couple sentenced to life over baby's death
Posted by: VeganLife ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:19AM

The article is at the link below;

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vegan couple sentenced to life over baby's death
Posted by: earthangel ()
Date: May 13, 2007 11:43AM

haha so funny i just posted this in the OTHER not health related topic wasn't sure if it was related or not in this forum since it was about a court hearing haha...but thanks lol in case anyone reads it there they can see the actual post..i was happy to see the statement that the courts said it was not veganism but indeed neglect...one big step for vegans not being so much in spot light negativley!! yay thanks vegan life for posting this smiling smiley
love earthangel
xoxoxoxoxxo

Much peace and love!!!
EarthAngel
Xoxo

Posted by: khale ()
Date: May 13, 2007 03:57PM

Earth to earthangel

vegan schmegan. this baby died because of IGNORANCE. because these poor kid-parents couldn't see past their ideologies and self-identification with some "ism", in this case veganism, they refused to recognize the clear signs (3.5 lbs.!) that their baby was starving to death.

Personally, I'd prefer the demise of veganism over the life of this child.

What a tragedy! My heart goes out to the baby AND the stupid parents.

khale

Posted by: Peisinoe ()
Date: May 13, 2007 04:05PM

but khale,
if you read the article, it stated that it was not an ism, be it veganism, vegetarianism, or whatever. THe baby was not being fed. Period.

It isn't uncommon for babies to be fed only soy-formula and juices or mush from completely vegan sources... This baby did starve to death and I believe the parents were trying to dodge their responsibility and guilt in this by saying it was veganism, and not pure neglect.

If they were just vegan, wouldn't they have taken the baby to a hospital for a check up anyway? Or do vegans also avoid health care now in the states? So stupid...

While it is a tragedy that this baby died, I think it is also a tragedy that most people would see the word "vegan" in the article, and immediately associate it with "no nutrients, these celery-eating anorexics starved their baby to death and thought it was detox". I admire that the jury is forcing the neglectful parents to take responsibility, and I think that was what earthangel was trying to point out. I don't think she was celebrating the fact that veganism still has merit, even in the face of infant deaths.

just my .02.
xxpeisi

Posted by: Berlinpathos ()
Date: May 13, 2007 04:53PM

God, I get so tense when I read articles like this.
Why wasn't the baby being breast fed?
Oh, neglect.
It's funny that it didn't say anything about a midwife. The baby was just "born at home" like they weren't expecting it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables