Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Poachers Kill one of Last 2 white Rhino's in Zambia
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 12, 2007 09:43PM

this makes me want to cry , what the hell is wrong with people in this world

LUSAKA (AFP) - Poachers have shot the last two white rhinos in Zambia, killing one and wounding the other, in a night operation at the Mosi-Oa-Tunya national park in Livingstone, an official said Tuesday.

The shooting of the two endangered animals in a heavily-guarded zoological park near Victoria Falls in Zambia's tourist resort town of Livingstone took place last week.

"I can confirm that one of the white rhinos was shot dead by suspected poachers. The other one was wounded and is undergoing treatment," said Maureen Mwape, spokesperson of the Zambia Wildlife Authority (ZAWA), which would be investigating the shooting.

The dead female rhino's horn was apparently removed.

Zambia's white rhinos were all killed by poachers but the government managed to acquire six from South Africa in 1993, of which the injured male is the last to survive.

Email Story IM Story Printable View RECOMMEND THIS STORY
Recommend It:

Average (824 votes)
» Recommended Stories

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Poachers Kill one of Last 2 white Rhino's in Zambia
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 13, 2007 12:45AM

Jodi, I saw white rhinos at the Phoenix Zoo. They stinky but wrinkly animals.

It's obvious according to the article that the people in Zambia didn't value the Rhinos enough to save them in the first place from extinction in their area. Why would bringing in imports make them value them anymore?

This happened out of greed (those that worship money above life) & coveting (those that are in the market for contraband). There is no thought to the life within.

I can assure you that if any of us had anything of value and someone wanted it, that badly, some greedy person would agree to kill, etc. any of us to obtain that which is not theirs to take. This happens with rape, gang killings, etc.

Where greed (money, material goods, etc.) is valued above life, we all lose. Therese

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables