Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Real Estate websites - pls help
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: June 24, 2007 03:23PM

I've been trying to do real estate searches in the US and am having a problem finding sites that don't require me to register my email, etc.
In Canada, there's the www.mls.ca, which any net surfer can use to see all the properties available for sale (except the ones listed exclusively with one agency).
The mls in the US seems to refer me to individual agents' sites, where I'm required to register my email - and later be hounded by spam from who knows who.

If anyone knows of a 'public' or national or state-wide site for available properties, please let me know. Maybe there's a real estate agent in this forum, if so maybe you could help!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Real Estate websites - pls help
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 24, 2007 06:57PM

Craigs list might help you out in their real estate section. Go to the Craigslist.org and click on the city you are interested in, or town closest to the one you are interested in and look in their real estate section.

Love,
Prism

Date: June 24, 2007 07:18PM

Thanks Prism, I've only been searching on CL, but lots of listings there are also from agencies. I was hoping to find a trace-free site, but maybe there isn't one...... cheers, aqua

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 25, 2007 02:06AM

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 25, 2007 10:49PM

I don't know what trace free is. You don't have to give email addys to craigslist.

What is trace free?

Love,
Prism

Date: June 25, 2007 11:29PM

Thanks pakd4fun, very helpful

Prism - I mean a site which doesn't require you to register to use it. (you're traced by email, etc)

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:45AM

Great. You're welcome.

Date: June 29, 2007 08:59PM

I just came across an article from the NY Times and here's an excerpt:

"the National Association of Realtors, which the Department of Justice accused in a recent lawsuit of behaving like a cross between a cartel and a mafia, hoarding access to home-sale databases and harassing competitors who dared to offer discounted commissions."

So it isn't my imagination and there IS a different system in the US. We're lucky to be able to search freely, without the interference of an agent, on the MLS in Canada. Almost every US site I've seen requires me to submit my email address and personal details in order to search their listings. I've done this with 3 sites and despite requesting they drop me from their data-bases, I'm still inundated with their emails, sometimes several a day, and none fitting my requirements - just spam.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables