Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Iceman not vegan
Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 26, 2007 05:12AM

I saw this article in National Geographic on the Iceman preserved from 5,300 years ago

they originally thought he was vegan..now they have determined the contents of his intentional tract etc...not only that but they discoverd a tiny arrow in his shoulder...therefore some other (meat eatin) sucka popped a cap in his ass for his fancy axe or whatever.

5000 years ago, already playing the game...

I wish I had some source or something but I stumbled on the article and left it where it layed. the re-inactment pictures were dam hilarious...the the 'investigation' is like a boring CSI episode. I highly reccomend it!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Iceman not vegan
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 26, 2007 05:27AM

hmm i think this is part of the story [news.nationalgeographic.com] but not all of it i rememember reading something a bit lengthier then this about him too heheh

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2007 10:43AM

Humans learned very early that veganism was not the optimal route.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 26, 2007 12:45PM

Maybe humans new animals could make us fat and lazy. Look around at how well it worked.

Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: June 26, 2007 12:53PM

Interesting read.

I think back then they eat what they could, if it gets very cold it is difficult to find vegetation. I would imagine that it warmer climates people were vegans but you won't find too many frozen corpses in Africa I wouldn't think.
I would bet that early man eat insects much like a lot of Apes and Monkeys.
I have given up on looking for what we are supposed to be and focus on what works best for me.

I guess violence has been a part of our existence for longer than we sometimes realize.

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: June 26, 2007 01:18PM

vegan animals need to graze all day long!... but you can do it more easily with protein powders, oils etc..

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2007 04:22PM

pakd4fun Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Maybe humans new animals could make us fat and
> lazy. Look around at how well it worked.

Fat and lazy is new and only in modern cities.
You do not see that in environments where people are hunting and growing their foods.

Posted by: dream earth ()
Date: June 26, 2007 06:56PM

I don't care; I'm vegan today and I've medically proven my health. So much for trolls...

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 26, 2007 08:52PM

i dont understand why people are always trying to use caveman and apes as some sort of example as to how we should eat and what is natural. so what if they were not vegans. they were primative beings whose only goal was to survive the day and reproduce if they were lucky. we are more evolved and we know better than to eat animals and animal products. i do anyway. lol!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2007 08:52PM by pihourova.

Posted by: anaken ()
Date: June 27, 2007 01:39AM

yes, humans learned early on that if they didn't stop being vegan and tie up the goats...the assholes up on the hill scrapin dead carcasses would pop a cap in their ass. so they bulked up on whey and disease and anger and fought back. excelent way to evolve and share the abundance.

good observation on the rise of civilization djatchi, thanks for pointing that out.

pihourova, I agree

I think early man lived off fruits or water, but very well could have lived off evaporated lava gas every 6 months or lazers from a multi-dimensional ether, doesn't matter really. Humans ARE 'evolving' consciouness towards a new sustainable reality. and will eventually function as a model even for the 'lower' animals

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables