Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

101 Reasons not to become Vegan
Posted by: jadedshade ()
Date: June 26, 2007 12:58PM

I came across this the other day, some of the "reasons" are so funny, we should all be able to relate to quite a few of these:

[www.veganconnection.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 101 Reasons not to become Vegan
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 26, 2007 02:00PM

wow jadeshade

that was a nauseatingly accurate portrayal of what vegans go through

stunning
it made me dizzy reading all 147 reasons ( i kid u not) but , like the trooper that i surely must be, i did.. just to torture myself

and remind myself of all the silliness that people are capable of
including myself (i'm sure of it...tongue sticking out smiley

that was fun
in a heinously mesmerizing way

dont know what got into me
to keep reading

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 27, 2007 12:41AM

Jadeshade
Wow that hit right close to home.

A relative used to chide me during the whole time of family dinners saying why aren't you eating my elk burgers, you don't know what your misssing! One day he was found dead in a closet with a shot gun blast to the head. I'm so glad I still don't know what I'm missing.

Recently I told a person just once about being a raw foodist. No explanation of it just that I was becuase we ate lunch together. About a year later they said all raw foodist hate, and are judgemental towards all non raw foodist.

That's why I avoid talking about it any more. Only to those who are 100% serious about changing what they do.

elnatural

Date: June 27, 2007 09:50AM

elnatural_1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> That's why I avoid talking about it any more. Only
> to those who are 100% serious about changing what
> they do.

Yeah, I know what you mean, I have given up justifying my diet to people everyday of my life, I have started using some of the answers on that sight when people ask me why I am Vegan like:

"I am try to get in the guiness book of records for having the lowest colestoral level"
"I got tired of my cat begging for food all the time and got used to eating this way"

I swear though, if I hear "What do you eat?" One more time from someone! Like meat, eggs and dairy or the only foods on the planet!
In terms of variety my diet is more interesting than theirs I bet. Since getting into raw I found so many fruits I had never heard of before.

I recently discovered Shikoo (Caramel Fruit), it's from india. Amazing, it tastes just like eating caramel! lol

Phil.

--------------------------------------------------

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 27, 2007 10:39AM

ah, phil, shikoo (caramel fruit) sounds great! what does it look like? where did you find it? i would love to try that. are u in the uk?

Date: June 27, 2007 12:24PM

Sorry typo, it's actually Chikoo also called a Sapodilla. Here is a link [www.twowests.co.uk]

They are small round and brown.

They are Excellent, and yes I am in the UK.

Phil.

"Those who say it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it" (Chinese Proverb)

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:18PM

hey... funny

i had sapodillas off a tree once or twice ( i actually took it off someone's front yard.. just took one or two)

i didn't even know it was sapodilla
that's cool

i hope the neighbors didn't mind

i'll plant a sapodilla seed to make amends

(i wonder if birds feel this way when they pilfer fruit from a yard)

i couldn't resist..

Posted by: pihourova ()
Date: June 27, 2007 02:51PM

that looks divine! i wonder if i can find them at tesco? i live in a village in ireland. we have a great little produce market here but they dont have anything that exotic.

Date: June 28, 2007 06:39AM

Believe it or not, I found them at ASDA! I am sure you can find somewhere that sells them.

Phil.

Date: June 30, 2007 05:42PM

A funny vegan video:

[www.youtube.com]

Phil.

Date: July 18, 2007 03:35PM

Pihourova,

Did you manage to find any Chikoo/Sapodilla's in Ireland? I haven't been able to find any here of late.

Phil.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables