Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

neighbour stole my blender
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 22, 2007 01:22PM

a replacement blender was to be delivered to my address. when i rang the delivery company to find out what had happened they said a dan williams in flat b had signed for it. there is no dan williams in flat b, but a david shand. i asked david in flat b if he signed for the delivery,he said he did. i asked if his name was dan williams, he said yes (it's not). he said he left the parcel in the communal entrance. that was 5 months ago. anyway i can see into his kitchen from my balcony and yesterday i saw the exact same blender in his kitchen! he has stolen my mail etc in the past, and probably has a criminal record. i cannot move from my flat, as i have rent control, and cannot afford to move elsewhere. i don't know what to do about this. my safety is paramount....

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: neighbour stole my blender
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: July 22, 2007 01:24PM

contact your post office ..its an offence to steal mail and ifyou can get the signatures they will have the police look into it and press charges

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: July 22, 2007 01:29PM

well he said he left it in the entrance. and the delivery company shouldn't have left it with the neighbour, so where is the evidence?

Posted by: life101 ()
Date: July 22, 2007 01:46PM

Agree with Jgunn. If the man stole your blender, you never received the property in question and you shouldn't be charged with the purchase of a product that you never received. The delivery company is at fault and will have to reimburse you or the police will have to do some investigative work. It's likely that the police will do little however, if it was the Post Office, maybe they have some pull. Good luck!

Date: July 22, 2007 01:53PM

his signature is the evidence .. everyones signature is pretty unique .. an official investigation would reveal that smiling smiley

Date: July 22, 2007 02:16PM

id also have your landlord write a letter for you stating there is NO dan in flat B and try to have whoever signed for it (held accountable)

you can put in a claim with the delivery company .. they shouldnt have JUST anybody sign for things that is very poor service

Posted by: mamadeb ()
Date: July 22, 2007 05:21PM

...I checked with my friend who is in Law Enforcement....said to file a Police report...tell them everything you told us....good luck and keep us informed! Deb

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 22, 2007 10:25PM

rosemary,

I agree with mamadeb that you should contact the police.

Also, the shipping company was wrong to have left the blender with someone else. However, your contract was with the blender company and you need to contact them. Let them know you never received the blender and ask them to send you another with clear instructions that you alone must sign for it. They will see that someone unauthorized signed for it and need to take it up with the shipping company. But in the meantime, have them send you another blender.

The shipping company and police can investigate what happened to the package. You don't need to get involved with it. The blender/package never was in your possession so officially it was not stolen from you. It was stolen from the shipper. Let them deal with it.

Date: July 23, 2007 02:20PM

i was sent another blender. they didn't bother investigating what happened. i guess i will tell the police. i have been afraid to make reports or complaints about him as the police can't provide me with protection.

Date: July 23, 2007 02:21PM

traslation: a flat is an appartment!

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 23, 2007 02:39PM

i guess the dude REALLY wanted his green smoothie
how weird though that he said he signed for it

then left it in the front
if he wanted to keep his criminal action a secret

he sure doesn't do a good job

maybe he is dumb as well as a pilferer

and he doesn't even know his own name?

hmmmm..... maybe knock on his door... mosey your way in... and just TAKE IT

Date: July 23, 2007 03:28PM

well if they sent you another blender perhaps you should ... as they say... let sleeping dogs lie .. as greenie said the blender was stolen from the shipper ..not you as you never got it smiling smiley

theres really nothing for you to gain by persuing it if you think hes that dangerious .. perhaps tell your landlord what happened in case something similar happens to another tenent so you have some back up history

and in the future tell ALL your shippers to leave a note that they tried to deliver and not let their drivers let someone else sign for your stuff

honestly i dont know why they still do this ... i deal with ups/fedex/postal everyday and am just mind boggled when i have a customer say they didnt get something and it turns out down the street somewhere signed for by someone else .. i think this is very bad practice for shippers to engage in ...their claims departments must be very busy lol

Date: July 23, 2007 04:30PM

Jgunn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> honestly i dont know why they still do this ... i
> deal with ups/fedex/postal everyday and am just
> mind boggled when i have a customer say they didnt
> get something and it turns out down the street
> somewhere signed for by someone else .. i think
> this is very bad practice for shippers to engage
> in ...their claims departments must be very busy
> lol

You think THAT's bad - The shippers in my area leave the packages on my uncovered porch, rain or shine. They don't even bother to knock to see if I'm home. I've had quite a few conversations with the dispatchers over this, but the drivers still just leave the stuff.

Fortunately I've never had anything stolen, but I have had quite a few packages rained on.

Posted by: Stacie ()
Date: July 23, 2007 04:59PM

When I am expecting a package, my mail courier does not even come up to the door or check to see if I am home, she just sticks a note in my box, which tells me to pick it up the next day at the post office. She is so lazy!

Date: July 23, 2007 06:42PM

I just read that you received a second blender (great!). I would just let sleeping dogs lie and tell vendors to make sure the shipped has YOU sign for it in the future.

And think of moving when you can.

Posted by: D'vorah ()
Date: July 23, 2007 06:50PM

My fruit gets delivered and left on my front deck at 20 below. I've gone over it and over it with the Post Office. The box obviously contains fruit, but because Harry and David boxes have instructions on them for the box to be left if no one is home, the Post Office won't go against that.

Some beautiful fruit has been ruined, and it's a gift from my elderly father. Harry and David will replace any ruined fruit, but that gets left in the freezing temps too.

Deborah

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: July 23, 2007 09:24PM

Why not leave a large enough insulated conatiner for the box to fit into, with instruction for the post office to leave it in the conatiner? Or you could make arrangements to pick up the box at the post office.

Wow..that's such a nice gift from your dad!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: LikeItOrNot ()
Date: July 23, 2007 10:06PM

Just get a PO box so most of your stuff stays there. And arrange for your packages so you have to pick them up yourself from UPS or FedEx or wherever. Or call UPS and have them contact the driver to make certain only YOU can sign for it.

This @#$%& is on the delivery people and there's ways around it.

Any friends or family you can have your packages shipped to instead? Can they be shipped to where you work?

Date: July 24, 2007 01:12PM

So now I see he has covered the blender with a tea towel. Too late I've already seen it!

Date: July 24, 2007 01:14PM

Now I always instruct them not to leave any deliveries with a neighbour.
I am expecting a couple of deliveries, so am quite nervous!

Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: August 06, 2007 01:19AM

Perhaps you should send yourself a nice package of doggie doo or an exploding ink box and see how many more times your packages disappear. smiling smiley

I vote for the exploding box. The proof will be written all over him!!! hahahahahahhahhahahahahhahahahahahhahhahahahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahah

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: August 06, 2007 02:29AM

Wow, good thinking! Good laugh, thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables