Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kwan ! how was yer trip grinning smiley
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: August 08, 2007 03:08AM

come on spill all them dirty details tongue sticking out smiley didja skinny dip?

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kwan ! how was yer trip grinning smiley
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: August 08, 2007 10:12PM

Let's just say that we call it Lover's Island even though the official name is Lovells Island. Ah, what a gorgeous place. And we had the most spectacular weather this year. We've been going there twice a year since 1992, and this year was the most gorgeous weather of all. Which is weird, because until the day before our trip, the weather had been quite bad here-- too cold, too rainy, or too hot and steamy.

For the first time since 1992, there were NO mosquitos at all, and almost no sand flies. It was heavenly. I did a lot of beadwork; my creativity gets really crystal clear when I'm camping. (I'll post some pics later.)

No skinny-dipping, but we jumped in the ocean two or three times a day almost every day, immersing ourselves till we started to feel chilled, which is incredibly inviorating and rejuvenating. I did qigong every day on the beach or at the campsite-- that was cool!-- and I read a lot of articles about fasting and qigong.

Hardly any other campers were there; we pretty much had the place to ourselves, except for the three rangers that were always present.

I'll post some photos from last year soon. I forgot to take pics this time, but we were at the same campsite again this year, and not much has changed, so it doesn't matter too much. We invariably get our favorite campsite-- '#3'-- every year by arriving on a Wednesday when the least campers are arriving.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: August 09, 2007 12:47PM

Glad you're back, Sharrhan -- missed your voice of reason. I hope you didn't take any of your Codex stuff with you on vacation, so you could just relax smiling smiley

Date: August 12, 2007 03:03PM

Here are a couple pics of our campsite on Lovells Island. These pics are from last summer, but it's the same campsite we took this year, and everything looks exactly the same this year. That's my boy scout working on the tent in the first pic. He's completely blind, but he puts up the most amazing campsite! When everyone else on the island is coweing in their tents during a rain storm, we're sitting dry and comfortable under a roof of tarps at the picnic table. We always try to get campsite #3-- and 98% of the time we're successful-- and that helps, because Jonathan knows the site like the back of his hand and even remembers which tree is where to tie his ropes to.

Unfortunately I don't have any pics up yet of the beautiful ocean view and the dock-- gotta remember to take some pics when we go back there at the end of August.

Date: August 13, 2007 04:29PM

lovers island huh? woo woo woo !! ;D

pics look like a very cool place smiling smiley

Date: August 13, 2007 06:16PM

Jodi--
I just noticed your Buddhist quote-- very nice.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: August 13, 2007 07:06PM

thank you smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables