Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hyperthyroidism in cats
Posted by: rubyjewel ()
Date: August 11, 2007 11:45PM

Greetings Everyone, My cat has a hyper active thyroid & we are planning to give her radioactive iodine treatment this comming tuesday. They say it has no bad side effects and is the best thing to do for cats. Im wondering what other living foodist would do in a situation like this? If she doesnt have the treatment the only other options are for her to be given pills several times a day or to have surgery which is not recommneded. They say cats tend to live longer after having had the radioactive idodine treatment then if they were to be given pills. My only problem with it is it doesnt sound very natural & Im more interested in the quality of her life as oppose to the amount of time they can get her to live for. Has anyone on here heared of this treatment or have some experience treating pets in a more natural way? She is about 14 years old & Im not so sure how she would like being fed herbs and raw recipies but it is something to think about. Im also not sure I want to test things on her that may or may not help. Any thought on this would be appreciated. Thanks

JEN

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables