Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Save The Internet
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2006 12:14PM

"Congress Sells Out The American Public"

"Congress is about to sell out the Internet by letting big phone and cable companies set up toll booths along the information superhighway.

Companies like AT&T, Verizon and Comcast are spending tens of millions in Washington to kill "network neutrality" -- a principle that keeps the Internet open to all.

A bill moving quickly through Congress would let these companies become Internet gatekeepers, deciding which Web sites go fast or slow -- and which won't load at all -- based on who pays them more. The rest of us will be detoured to the "slow lane," clicking furiously and waiting for our favorite sites to download."

[rense.com]

[action.freepress.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Save The Internet
Posted by: teloking57 ()
Date: April 23, 2006 09:26PM

Well that isn't very nice!!!

Come on people, use the link to voice your opinion to the senate and congress!!!

smiling smiley

Wheatgrass, it does a body good!!!

Date: April 27, 2006 05:52PM

Here's an update on the "Save the Internet" situation --

[www.rawstory.com]

Date: April 29, 2006 11:17AM

Two-tiered Internet: Panel Paves Way for Fees

"Among others, Google has expressed concern that firms such as AT&T might start charging extra fees on heavy bandwidth users. Bloggers have complained they, too, might end up having to spend money to maintain sites if a two-tiered system is implemented."

[business.bostonherald.com]

Date: May 03, 2006 12:30PM

Yeah, my mom sent me an e-mail about this.

Sorry, graphics and links don't work here since it's just copied and pasted from the e-mail.

----------------

Americans for Prosperity

Action Alert

This message brought to you by the Internet Freedom Coalition

MoveOn.org and Nancy Pelosi want to regulate the Internet

Don't let them!

MoveOn.org and the far left are pulling out all the stops to pass legislation that
will regulate the Internet under a scheme known as “network neutrality.”

If liberals have their way, instead of the free
market, the government will decide the future of the Internet.

The House of Representatives will vote any day!

This regulatory scheme would give Big Government the right to regulate
and control the Internet for the first time in history.

Contact Your Congressman today and say

“Don’t regulate the Internet!”

E-mail your Congressman right now by visiting
www.InternetFreedomCoalition.org

Tell your Member of Congress:

“Please oppose MoveOn.org’s and Nancy Pelosi’s network neutrality scheme. Don’t Regulate the Internet!”

Join with Americans for Prosperity and many other groups that
oppose Internet regulations!

Date: May 05, 2006 03:58PM

I think those who do not want us to have our freedom will do as much as possible to close down open access to non-government and non-corporate-pre-approved information.

We should not take the Internet for granted. Any information you feel is really essential I think it is not a bad idea to print to hard copy, save to hard drive, copy to DVDs, VHS, audio tapes, every kind of media both electronic and that not requiring electric power.

Hopefully the forces for the good will keep the Internet going, but it is hard to have faith that our "representatives" in government will help us when so many have sold us out. I just read how the federal government has de-regulated genetically engineered alfalfa -- one of the most healing plants on the planet is now being morphed into something that may quite possibly become something that hurts people rather than heals people. It just makes me so sick. I do not truth most of the government. There ARE some good ones out there, though. I know there are!!

Posted by: JimBigBear ()
Date: May 06, 2006 01:08AM

I'm Skeered!!!

Date: May 07, 2006 01:40PM

I'm about ready to "throw up" with all this demonizing of "the liberals."

There is no real definition of liberals when used as a derogatory term other than "slime of the earth."

Liberal is a VERY general term -- as is Conservative.

And you know what? That's just bait to keep us all fighting. What REALLY separates in a significant sense is who is FOR the New World Order and who is AGAINST it.

Bush is FOR the New World Order.
Clinton is FOR the New World Order.

I am AGAINST the New World Order and I get really sick of people assuming that I support Clinton just because I do not support Bush.

End of rant.

Posted by: JimBigBear ()
Date: May 07, 2006 10:32PM

"slime of the earth" ... pretty good definition of a liberal. Just my humble opinion and I enjoyed sharing it with you

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables