Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I eat a lot of confort foods when I'm stressed
Posted by: cy ()
Date: September 27, 2007 09:17PM

I just realise that this week when our car boke down on the road and I went straight to get the chocolates on my bag.I din't think about anything,and I ate all of them.
Today my husband and I had a huge problem with the traffic and he almost had a nervous brake down and when I got home I made me some truffles with nuts,dates,vanilla,agave,carob,and cacao. Yes,I'm eating raw sweets,raw chocolate but I ate all of them and I got a kind of crazy eating,like I'm not thinking,I just want to fell that emptness or pain.I practically swallow them ,I don't eat them.
That was great to find out, but how can I stop? How can I change this behavior?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/27/2007 09:17PM by cy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I eat a lot of confort foods when I'm stressed
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: September 27, 2007 11:39PM

Hi Cy,
I know what it's like. Sometimes I do the same thing. It gets better with time as you transition, as your body gets more and more healthy and cleaned out.

When I find myself getting really stressed out and craving comfort foods for more than just a day or two, I usually try to do a juice fast-- I get out my juicer and make carrot and other vegetable juices. My stress level goes way down when I juice fast and I'm able to meditate much better.

Another idea is to make sure you have lots of greens, which help a lot with stress and hunger; you might want to make some green smoothies in a blender and have a couple every day.

For most of us, these are pretty stressful times; I've found it helps me enormously to remember to mediate early in the morning before I leave the house and get started with my day.

Good luck! And no matter what, don't beat up on yourself. ;-) That will just create another source of stress. (Been there, done that!)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 28, 2007 05:38AM

cy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>> How can I change this behavior?

stop making the raw chocolates and keep a bag of oranges in your car .. next time your stressed out start ripping the bloody skins off those blasted oranges and eat as many as you can till you get home smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 28, 2007 04:41PM

Hi Kwan,

Thank you. I'll do the juice fast,it's a great idea. I usually have a smoothie evry day and a huge apple sauce that I make on my blender evry morning. I believe that this behavior comes from my grandmother that ate sweets and make them all the time.That was her way of coping with life's problem,and I learned that from her. Now I know perfectly that I do that,and now is the time to send her back her own behavior,It's not mine,it's hers. I'll meditate on that and on my life too.Thanks.

Hi Jodi,
If I don't have the chocolates in the car I make them home,so if I get stressed out I come straight to the kitchen to make them. I'll go to the orange instead from now on.It's a new behavior. Oranges and fruit juices. Thank you.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: September 28, 2007 04:59PM

cy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Hi Jodi,
> If I don't have the chocolates in the car I make
> them home,

if you have the oranges in the car ... you can rip into them while waiting for that moron up ahead to quit blocking traffic lol .. by the time you get home the edge should be off and you shouldnt want to dive into chocolatiering smiling smiley

another tip if you make chocolates and cant handle them being around .. immediately freeze them before eating them ...that way if you come home you have to let it/them thaw before you eat them ..hopefully before that happens youve calmed down enough not to go overboard smiling smiley

the reason i say oranges is the oil released from the peel is calming to the nerves .. orange oil is very soothing ... so those oils get under your nails a bit an on your hands .. take a good sniff of a beautifully ripe organic orange and i dare ya to try an not smile ! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: September 29, 2007 02:19PM

Thanks Jodi,
I definitelly will do that.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 30, 2007 03:08AM

or u could trying peeling some parsley and cilantro
get those good aromatherapy greens under your fingernails

ahhhhhhh..... nature's green coloring
maketh my fingernaileth so beautifuleth

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables