Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I'm Back and I have a home! smiling smiley
Posted by: Fud ()
Date: October 09, 2007 12:54AM

Hello all,

It's been quite a while. We've been camping for quite a few months as some of you are aware. I'm back and we now have a home! smiling smiley. We paid for it last week and closing is this Wednesday. The owners allowed us to take possesion this past Saturday. It's definitely a "fixer upper" but it's livable. What's better is that we got the phone and internet hooked up today. Electric was switched over last Friday. We have several acres, it's paid for, no mortgage and I've already got the perfect summer garden spot selected. I'm going to do some research on winter gardening also smiling smiley.

I haven't been doing much more than 70% raw but I've been pretty good staying with vegan friendly dishes. Now that we have a place, AND (can't forget) it's just a couple miles from a farmers market, I'm going to go back to an organized plan for continuing the transition into 100% RV.

I've been jonezin for some v8 and I haven't found an rv recipe online for it yet so that's one thing I've got to figure out. If I can get something that's more like v8 than what I've been able to concoct.

Well I'm going to go browse the posts. Just wanted to say I'm back and checking my own emails once again.

[rawfoodtrip.blogspot.com]
[jugglingforjoy.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I'm Back and I have a home! smiling smiley
Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 09, 2007 01:00AM

You disappeared quite a while ago - glad you're well and raw, too.

Older, new homes are fun - so many possiblities.... have fun with it!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: October 09, 2007 01:01AM

yay Fud welcome back grinning smiley awesome on the acreage !!! i see many fruits and veggies in your future !! grinning smiley wow im so excited for you !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: aquadecoco ()
Date: October 09, 2007 02:42AM

Someone here recently said that she grows things in a cold climate in winter.

Maybe you could start a Winter Growing thread and see who responds.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 09, 2007 04:05AM

Hi Fud!
I'm happy to have you back, and that's great news about the new home.

Welcome back!

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: October 09, 2007 02:26PM

Congrats on the home!! Welcome back!!

Date: October 21, 2007 07:52PM

flanny the pics of your house looks great i love the big front porch .. my friend lives in a house like that and she dries herbs under there where its a cool out of the sun and a slight breeze smiling smiley

Date: October 22, 2007 06:52PM

I'm not sure how we're going to handle the front porch. Once I'm done with the septic I'm going to redo the foundation and cement the entire underneath of the house so we can use it for crawl space but we're discussing whether to leave the porch open with trellis (sp?) or to add it to the foundation and face it with field stone.

I am going to be doing a green house and thought about adding the solar heat absorption pads to do the winter heating. I might keep it year round and let the underground spring feed the humidity in the summer and see if I can grow some tropical plants in the summer smiling smiley. I have to do some more research to see if that's even realistic.

[jugglingforjoy.com]

Date: October 22, 2007 07:02PM

hehe im so excited for you with the acreage and a green house and all the wild and planted stuff you got there already you will have an amazing home for you and your family

just think down the road maybe in a year or two the only fruit you will have to really buy is maybe the stuff in the winter and some tropical stuff .. HOW EXCITING IS THAT !!!????!!!

=D

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: October 22, 2007 11:06PM

Wow, Fud,
Your home sounds like heaven! I live in a high-rise in the 'big city,' so I'm intrigued by all that space and access to greenery.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Date: October 25, 2007 12:41AM

I've lived deep in the metro jungle before myself. I'm liking being in the country and having to plan my trips to the farm markets. It's a bit inconvenient when I want to do a green smoothie and I'm out of kale and not going to the market for a few more days but It's also causing me to be more regulated and exercise greater self control smiling smiley

[jugglingforjoy.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables